=][= ASSAULT ON BLACK REACH PAINTING COMP =][=

Out of curiosity.. is battle damage considered a conversion in this case? ie: Cutting gouges into the model? The reason I ask is I had a bit of a mishap drilling bolter barrels in which the drill bit kinda came out the side and tore up half the bolter.. I tried fixing it with no luck so I had two choices... paint it like battle damage.. or go with a sawn-off storm bolter.. I figured the latter would be considered too much of a conversion though.

He means using a hobby knife or other tool to gouge battle damage and stuff into the armour.

It's allowed.

Well, entry submitted. (yes i know, cutting it close) Good Luck everyone:)

That's not close.. I just entered mine with 23 minutes to spare... and I'm sure I Won't be the last one!

I look forward to seeing everybody's entries.. both the Orks and the Terminators.

That's not close.. I just entered mine with 23 minutes to spare... and I'm sure I Won't be the last one!

You want close? how about 2357h? That was one tense last half hour, trust me... :D

Good luck to all others who entered (my lord, there's a lot of you); looking forward to browsing through all the entries :lol:

68 entries (including 5-6 mods) in total came in for Marines, not sure of the final Ork count (it was at 54 last I saw). So it is going to take a bit to get all of the pics uploaded (272 pics for the Marines). So it might take a day or two for us to get everything set up and ready for voting.

Once again, if you sent in an Ork I did not send you an email reply, instead your entry was forwarded on to Kaptain Krum at the Waaagh. Though he has been busy so far this week with a work issue so I'm not sure how often he is able to get to sending out replies.

No update on the Ork count, but my Ork is in. I didn't want to paint a boring loyalist, plus I traded all the loyalists to Baret.

Oct. 3rd is when voting is supposed to start. Will there be a Team Canada sweep? In theory I joined their site, but I don't really paint for competition. Even this model will eventually lead a squad of boyz probably in 2009.

Good luck to all.

Oct. 3rd is when voting is supposed to start. Will there be a Team Canada sweep? In theory I joined their site, but I don't really paint for competition. Even this model will eventually lead a squad of boyz probably in 2009.

Good luck to all.

Pretty sure I'm the only one that entered... but who knows.. there may be surprises.

With this many entries thoug... it's going to be hard to choose because there is bound to be a ton of great entries.

Seriously, some of you need to stop using what ever piece of crap email system you have and get something that is worth more than toilet paper. Such as mindspring that Skullz there is using.

Your reply was sent at 647am today, nothing I can do if your host provider is a giant stinking pile.

Seriously, some of you need to stop using what ever piece of crap email system you have and get something that is worth more than toilet paper. Such as mindspring that Skullz there is using.

Your reply was sent at 647am today, nothing I can do if your host provider is a giant stinking pile.

hahaha sorry i just couldnt stop laughing at this. My email system is a crap shoot with so many folders i have no idea whats new anymore

Hang on a sec, there are a couple of people saying they submitted theirs yesturday... but yesturday was 1/10/2008..... is something amiss here?

"Time Line

The contest will run from Sept. 1, 2008 to Sept. 30, 2008. This means we have to have your final entry pics by Sept. 30th. Anything comes in after that and it won't be entered.

Voting will start no later than Oct. 3rd, 2008 and go for 7 days after that. Winners will be announced no later than Oct. 12, 2008."

*Sniff*

So, Mackeral me if you must, but how long before the models are posted? And are they going here or in a new thread?

Anyway, good luck to every one... I couldn't get my guy finished in time, there are simply not enough hours in my week now to sit down and paint... I wouldn't mind but it's not like i have the time to do anything 40k except on a wednesday at my GC where we're playing DH atm.

Rest of the time i'm at work or asleep... *sniff* ... or suffering from a cold/flu-thing!

*ATCHOO!*

But even my Watchers have got it!

:P ;) :(

Archived