=][= ASSAULT ON BLACK REACH PAINTING COMP =][=

Hang on a sec, there are a couple of people saying they submitted theirs yesturday... but yesturday was 1/10/2008..... is something amiss here?

"Time Line

The contest will run from Sept. 1, 2008 to Sept. 30, 2008. This means we have to have your final entry pics by Sept. 30th. Anything comes in after that and it won't be entered.

Voting will start no later than Oct. 3rd, 2008 and go for 7 days after that. Winners will be announced no later than Oct. 12, 2008."

No one submitted after the deadline. People are asking about their confirmation email after the deadline but that is all.

*Sniff*

So, Mackeral me if you must, but how long before the models are posted? And are they going here or in a new thread?

Anyway, good luck to every one... I couldn't get my guy finished in time, there are simply not enough hours in my week now to sit down and paint... I wouldn't mind but it's not like i have the time to do anything 40k except on a wednesday at my GC where we're playing DH atm.

Rest of the time i'm at work or asleep... *sniff* ... or suffering from a cold/flu-thing!

*ATCHOO!*

But even my Watchers have got it!

:( :) :P

Hmmm...

On the very first post it says B&C'ers paint termies but Waaaghers judge them. You can only enter a Nob or a Termie not both, but you can view and vote on both. One vote per account with some captcha's to prevent vote stuffing.

So there will be a new thread, it will have a voting system and the B&C will get to vote on the Nobz. They may post pictures of the Termies here in yet another thread or you might have to wait until after the voting is over or go over to the Waaagh to see them and vote if you had an account previously.

That is my understanding. It also said the pictures would be up Friday, but with so many entries and you know real life jobs and commitments it may take them a tad longer to post the hundreds of pictures that have been submitted.

So wait until Friday then check this thread for likely a link to where to go to view the entries and vote, but give them slack this is a lot of work.

Just a curious thought that strikes me as odd..I see alot of the Waaagh talk about judging models based on "coversion and base work." Granted I know the rules say otherwise but, did the Orkeseses make a boo boo and forget that there was to be no converting? I saw this talk from a few of their members in the 10+ pages.

Hmmm...

On the very first post it says B&C'ers paint termies but Waaaghers judge them. You can only enter a Nob or a Termie not both, but you can view and vote on both. One vote per account with some captcha's to prevent vote stuffing.

So there will be a new thread, it will have a voting system and the B&C will get to vote on the Nobz. They may post pictures of the Termies here in yet another thread or you might have to wait until after the voting is over or go over to the Waaagh to see them and vote if you had an account previously.

That is my understanding. It also said the pictures would be up Friday, but with so many entries and you know real life jobs and commitments it may take them a tad longer to post the hundreds of pictures that have been submitted.

So wait until Friday then check this thread for likely a link to where to go to view the entries and vote, but give them slack this is a lot of work.

Well I was a little curious because that wasn't defined very well so thanks for confirming.

Also, I have plenty of patience with the poor sods doing the organising and voting... certainly not a job I'ld like to do.

And I STILL haven't finished my Termie. Will post when done... but don't hold your breath. I'm not an Apothecary.

I say we kill them...all of them. I think it's a running joke over there.

I agree with Scar Weaver 'Kill the Mutant!', but I would like to wait until they have finished voting..then 'KILL, MAIM, BURN!!!' :) waiting

so Kurgan, does this mean I am disqualified?

because at my time, I sent this in at 10 PM, pacific standard time...

You sent it in before midnight on the deadline day right so you are fine. We only had to DQ 1 person in the end who chose to try and sneak in a non AoBR termie.

Just a curious thought that strikes me as odd..I see alot of the Waaagh talk about judging models based on "coversion and base work." Granted I know the rules say otherwise but, did the Orkeseses make a boo boo and forget that there was to be no converting? I saw this talk from a few of their members in the 10+ pages.

It is a joke. As with people asking mackarel questions here, over at the Waaagh you get a "Choppa to the head" for similar questions. The popular question at the Waaagh being "can I convert the mini" in various forms.

Well I was a little curious because that wasn't defined very well so thanks for confirming.

I thought we defined it fairly clearly:

Voting

Voting will be a bit different than past contests. Bolter and Chainsword members will be voting on the Ork entries from the Waaagh while the Waaghers will be voting on the Terminators from the B&C. Yes if you are signed up at both sites you'll be able to vote in each contest. Voting will be conducted via polling threads (Orks in the thread at the B&C and Marines in the thread at DaWaaagh). Keep in mind that if you select the "see results" option without voting then that goes in as a null vote and you are fresh out of luck on voting. So make sure you vote first!!

Time Line

The contest will run from Sept. 1, 2008 to Sept. 30, 2008. This means we have to have your final entry pics by Sept. 30th. Anything comes in after that and it won't be entered.

Voting will start no later than Oct. 3rd, 2008 and go for 7 days after that. Winners will be announced no later than Oct. 12, 2008.

Now, the Marines are up and ready to go (you just can't see them yet). However since Krum over on the Waaagh has been swallowed up by work this week it may wind up being this weekend or Monday before we can get the threads visible. So, sorry for the delay but real life > hobby life.

Thankyou K... I did read that, just I was more interested in where the voting/ posting will be and how the behind the scenes work was going.

Hopefully everything will be up online soon so we can get with the scrutinising.

Like any good Angel of the Lion, I understand that patience is as great a weapon as the plasma pistol in my hand and that knowledge and preperation are the greatest tools with which to smite the traitor, the heretic and the mutant.

I shall now withdraw to my private chambers to pray while my brothers and the Watchers sing one of their wonderfully rousing hymns for the damnation of traiters and the forgiveness of past sins.

Now, the Marines are up and ready to go (you just can't see them yet). However since Krum over on the Waaagh has been swallowed up by work this week it may wind up being this weekend or Monday before we can get the threads visible. So, sorry for the delay but real life > hobby life.

awww.. can't we see them? please! Not like we are voting on the marines anyhow.

Ok, just got done talking with Krum. He's finally done with the real life work that was trying to drown him this week. He will be taking Saturday and Sunday to set up the Ork side of things and the come Monday we are gonna roll with the voting and viewing.

So minor delay only.

I'm looking forward to my Nob fella turning up for the vote. I belong to both forums and couldn't decide whether to paint the Nob or Termie. I decided to get a non-biased opinion in the form of my wife who knows nothing about 40k and couldn't care less. I held up both and said "pick one". She went with the Ork in the end as "it has more going on..." :sweat: :) ;)

I also belong to both forums, and I chose the Termie for a very simple reason. I absolutely cannot stand top knots on my boyz, and since there was no conversion work allowed, and therefore the top knot had to stay on, I went with the Termie!

Can't wait for this thing to start! It will start tomorrow, right? What time do you think it will begin (GMT)? :D

Wot's dis?

Of course we'z a runnin joke, we'z ded 'ard ork's, ya zogger!!

On a more serious note, I just wanted to stick my head in and wish all you Beakies who entered good luck!

Dent-- Renegade MekBoss

Wot's dis?

Of course we'z a runnin joke, we'z ded 'ard ork's, ya zogger!!

On a more serious note, I just wanted to stick my head in and wish all you Beakies who entered good luck!

Dent-- Renegade MekBoss

Isn't there some kind of test to join this forum?! We let stinking xenos in here now? :)

Anyway, anyone know what kind of time line we are looking at to start the show? Kurgan, sir?

Well, truth be told, I'm breaking my long-standing rule of never doing a Beakie army (had the rule since 2nd Ed) and have started work on some Blood Ravens (tac-marine heavy), and a Death-Wing "Catch and Release" army, so I would've joined up sooner or later anyway. I'm not gonna vote here in the AoBR comp (I'd just vote for my nob anyway), but I do wanna see the other entries from the other ladz at Da Waaagh :teehee:

Dent.

I also belong to both forums, and I chose the Termie for a very simple reason. I absolutely cannot stand top knots on my boyz, and since there was no conversion work allowed, and therefore the top knot had to stay on, I went with the Termie!

I almost didn't paint the Nob because of the lady fitness instructor type pony tail, haha. The way I see it though, is you can chop it off after painting and repaint the top of the head. Or better still, just chop off the actual hair part (leaving the bandage material) and sculpt realistic looking hair with greenstuff. That's what I'm doing after the competition is over.

Anyway, time to shut my stinking xenos trap... :lol:

Archived