Additions/alterations: Imperial Fists

AlexCrute

Fluffwise, the sergeant was a goliath juve before he was recruited into the Fists.

Modelwise, it's just the respirator head from the tactical squad sprue with a GS mohawk.

Ya gotta have mohawks in marine armies. They're traditional.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Righto, so I haven't been completely bone idle, although it is true that I haven't touched a paintbrush in two weeks. I present, for your considered criticism, both Ironclad and Venerable dreadnoughts:

Ironclad at 135pts:

gallery_11030_1089_18617.jpg

Ironclad at 190pts or so:

gallery_11030_1089_101177.jpg

Venerable dreadnought, fist style:

gallery_11030_1089_169741.jpg

They are looking great, hate to see you cut up painted models though.

Cant quite make out the venerable dreads face though, thats not a sun visor is it?

• 1 month later...

Calgar clone, Chapter Master Kilgore* upon whose right hand powerfist I am working. I suppose it will be a 4-5 stage GS sculpt, you're looking at stage 2:

gallery_11030_1089_180531.jpg

gallery_11030_1089_236202.jpg

gallery_11030_1089_42318.jpg

It was a lightning claw to begin with.

*I'm not convinced that Pugh is a contemporary of Lysander. I think Pugh has been dead for centuries, there I said it. And besides he wouldn't be a Calgar clone.

Holy cow those old photos of Kilgore's fist look horrible!

Knuckles as of now:

gallery_11030_1089_88367.jpg

The mighty thumb:

gallery_11030_1089_164144.jpg

You can't see the knuckle rivets, but they're there:

gallery_11030_1089_5630.jpg

Ok so this is fun. Calgar rules include a fancy stormbolter right? But we can't copy the smurfs too much so glove-mounted was out. As a chapter-master the model deserves a bit more presence and so a fancy gun-servitor is the plan. No in-game effect apart from WYSIWYG stormbolter-ness.

gallery_11030_1089_121621.jpg

The servitor thing is the Khornelord Golgesh who singled Chapter-Master Mordius Kilgore out in battle, bellowing the challenge "If you fall to my blade, the Imperial Fists will be my servants, but if you take my head, my World Eaters will serve you." When Kilgore slew the fell champion, the World Eaters all beheaded themselves rather than surrender, and so to return the insult Kilgore had the Khornelord's severed head engineered as a MIU-controlled servo-skull, to be forever accompanied by two cherub bearing a banner that reads "So end all Heretics..."

Is cool no?

Thankyou sir. I'm pretty happy with the GS. The key is allowing 24hrs between sessions and don't try to do too much at once.

I shall have to repaint Kilgore, his armour is a bit too dark and messy compared to my other Fists. A Chapter Master needs shiny clean armour does he not?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Brother, I like how your 2nd company chaps are shaping up, especially Pedro. That model is a danger to my wallet I tell you!

The black highlight is just codex grey with a small brush, nothing else. When I'm doing it I hate it. When it's finished, I love it.

Neat little irrelevant update:

Terminator Sergeant and Librarian/Chief Librarian:

gallery_11030_1089_32867.jpg

I'm happy with the general tough look the termie sarge has. Was going for a military high-and-tight or whatever, plus a concession to weird sci-fi hairdos with the beard. Does he need anything else? (and don't say arms).

Crowd participation part: Does the libby need facial hair? He could have a cool wizardy beard, plus I'm thinking of brain-wires into the psychic hood. That's the Master of Recruits head, which has a metal plate in it. That's just a bit too retarded for my liking, so brain-wires or a nice toupee may be in order.

Necessary or pointless? You be the judge.

I'm happy with the general tough look the termie sarge has. Was going for a military high-and-tight or whatever, plus a concession to weird sci-fi hairdos with the beard. Does he need anything else? (and don't say arms).

Paint?

Nice done mate like the terminator sgt as he is :) thumbs up... And about the Liberarian id like to se a big wind-blown beard like a true wizard of old... ;) and a wiering to the skull plate would be cool too... no tupey in my opinion :)

And perhaps some lining of the axe haft to make itt look more like a 2h axe or somting ?

Cheers on the cool work.. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Mr Librarian Man is nearly/pretty much finished. Asking for opinions, or anything else you can spot that needs doing (bar basing).

gallery_11030_1089_10224.jpg

And replies! How did I miss 4 replies?

The yellow recipe is:

Spray white undercoat (you want a solid coat)

Peachpuke (Orange/white mix about 1:3 - I used Fiery Orange which is OOP)

White highlight on Peachpuke (thinned to milk)

Yellow ink everywhere

brown ink blacklining

The stormbolter servitor is just the cape and stormbolter, the body bit was a stand-in pending me sculpting an oversize skull.

I base with unpainted sand + static grass. I figure sand is already sand-coloured.

• 1 month later...

That dread looks great so far alex!

how did you do the sarcophagus on the ironclad?

As for ways to improve the model (besides the obvious paint) could be:

>adding rivets to the head

>adding detailing to the legs-- my greatest gripe about dreads, and ironclads in general is that the wiring and such is exposed-- you could conceivably bulk this dread up and make it look even more intimidating

>adding pilot lights to the flamers ?

The sarcophagus is a spare dreadnought shin-pad upside down. That's pretty much it bar the plasticard which you can see. Obviously chopping out the old sarcophagus first (or the top half of it anyway).

Your hypnotoad got me, your Ironclads are cool, but I particularly like the behemoth-slayer.

Archived