Additions/alterations: Imperial Fists

AlexCrute

• 2 months later...

OK so I've had an idea for the banner:

Starfield background (with or without square-shouldered imperial eagle kinda superimposed all ghostly-like, depending on difficulty)

Lysander's distinctive hammer rendered yellow and white (representing the 1st company under Lysander's command) smashing an iron warriors fortress. Hammer as big as fortress. Flames licking up around hammer a bit. Fortress well and truly smashed, seismic cracks in ground radiating outward into the foreground, flames in cracks etc.

So: too elaborate? Should it be stylised (comic-bookish) with black outlines around everything or as realistic as possible?

:jaw: *looks at his own Imperial Fists, sighs, shakes his head and bins them*

Those are amazing! I love your yellow (thogh you do use white primer...shame on you! :P)

Haha! I love Cassius' head on the base too :D

• 2 weeks later...

Nearly there on these blokes:

gallery_11030_1089_275025.jpg

Things learnt/decided:

Stripping is best restricted to troops choices, not so much HQ models. Oh well, it's not too bad.

Painting at work is fine for plastics only. Metal models get shook around too much in transit.

Reapplying paint sucks.

Lysander is awesome.

Old paints suck and make everything take longer.

These guys are very nearly fieldable. I wonder if I'll win some games now?

I have to say these are some of the best painted Fists I have ever seen, they put mine to shame.

I also did a very similar conversion to your count as Calgar for a friend. I used an Assault Terminator with Lightening Claws, shaved the blades down to look a little like spike knuckle-dusters (if the Fist blow don't kill them, been impailed will) and GS a cape, a beard/hair on the head and all sorts of little knick-knacks, battle honours and stuff I had in my bitz box onto it. Then for the guns I bought a Daemonhunter Inquisitor with the Power Sword, cut his arms off (which were such a pain in the ass but making sure I saved the sword) and replaced it with the scout heavy bolter, adapted the =][= insignia then painted them up in his chapter colours. The back story was that before a battle a scout was selected by the chaplins to follow the chapter master into battle carrying the holy bolter, should th scout survive the battle he is automatically rewarded a place in the 1st company Scout Squad.

I was just wondering, as Fiery Orange is OOP what would you say the closest paint to your peachy colour is?

I mixed a 4:1 Skull White:Blazing Orange then upped it to 5:1 but its still very pink, far to pink for my liking. Would I be correct in assuming that Elf flesh is about as close as I can get?

• 1 month later...

I'd like your opinions on these chaps:

Codex Honour Guard (Chapter champion in the middle in what will be a full suit of MK V Heresy plate):

gallery_11030_1089_18186.jpg

Better view of Chapter Champion pose:

gallery_11030_1089_731.jpg

Sorry about the photos. Phonecam at work.

In other news, I've started using Elf Flesh instead of peachpuke as the basecoat (working on a 4th tactical squad at the mo). When I've finished them we can play spot the difference....

I like honest. I think I agree with you. I've pulled his arm off and snapped him off his rock. Going for a duellist pose now (with a 7' relic blade). Will post pics shortly.

I like honest. I think I agree with you. I've pulled his arm off and snapped him off his rock. Going for a duellist pose now (with a 7' relic blade). Will post pics shortly.

Good :lol: Well, get pics up as soon as you can please ;)

Ludovic

Please forgive the blu-tac:

gallery_11030_1089_113084.jpg

gallery_11030_1089_13899.jpg

I'm thinking of lifting his swordtip up a bit, by altering/replacing the hand/wrist. The right arm will be repositioned, not sure where though. Thoughts?

And that sword is more like 8'

Archived