=][= AoBR Contest Terminator Winners =][=

There is a little fluff mistake though... ;) The helmet stripe of the Death Strike denotes Company colour... and there are no Terminators in the Second (Yellow) Company. The stripe should be white.

Oh no! My mistake, I didn't even think about the stripe colour, I just copied the scheme from the books. I love your termy Boba, the dual axe freehand is particularly cool.

It was a tossup between the deathstrike scheme and the space sharks. In the end I felt that the Deathstrike were a little less well known and I didn't want to rely on a famous name of a chapter to grab votes from an ork voter who might not know any better! I figured if I went for a really obscure chapter and still did well then it'd prove to myself at least that I'd done well on painting merit rather than anything else.

That said I really liked the Blood angel #39 - he got my vote, I loved its classic space hulk feel, nice job whoever did it.

rev

I used a resin base, it wasn't very noticeable, because it is small and subtle. It was from Epicast and it was on a Nob, I never remember my number, I only got one or two votes. My guy had purple hair.

Alright, someone on the Ork forum must be my mother because I actually got one vote.

I've been told by those in the know that she's up to 3000 points of Blood Axes and come runner up in several tournaments. I'm sorry you have to find out about it this way, but she wants you to know that you're her REAL special little soldier... :)

You know I'd actually been following the voting every day and the Death Strike Terminator (Entry 40 - 2nd Place Winner - which btw I was the first person to vote for) was in the lead throughout until the morning of the 13th (GMT) when somehow Entry 31 (first place Terminator) jumped up from 23 votes to 48. Entry 40 then followed Entry 31 by getting up to 47 (from 29) then I assume Entry 40 came ahead at 49 to only have Entry 31 mysteriously get another huge boost to 60.

Now it may just be me, but does anyone else think it's odd that right on the last day whenever Entry 40 was about to claim 1st place that Entry 31 who was so likely going to be just 2nd place, is suddenly propelled to first place by "large amounts of votes from out of the blue"?

Mine is the third place terminator.... thanks to all who voted....

I am an old school Warhammer 40k player (played a lot about 10-15 years ago), but came back with 5th edition, and I am retouching my whole Blood angel army .... I have to buy some new tanks though... mine are too old I think....

Anyway I heard about the contest, and since I needed to start painting my old stuff I decided I wanted to participate in the contest...

One question though... does everyone drill the barrels??? I never used to do it, and everyone that has seen my model always asked "How are the bullets coming out"...

This is the first model I took my time painting (Like my son says... "with paaaaatience dad!!", and since it was a painting competition, I felt that I needed to try and do some nice blendings on it... with no thrills or anything, just straight painting...

So its cool to get third place, and next time Ill drill out my guns, and try my hand on some more freehand :D

PS: I loved the site so much (specially after such a long time away from the 40K universe, and playing way too much Warmachine/Hordes) that I have become a frequent reader of the blood angels forum...

Looking forward to the next competition :)

You know I'd actually been following the voting every day and the Death Strike Terminator (Entry 40 - 2nd Place Winner - which btw I was the first person to vote for) was in the lead throughout until the morning of the 13th (GMT) when somehow Entry 31 (first place Terminator) jumped up from 23 votes to 48. Entry 40 then followed Entry 31 by getting up to 47 (from 29) then I assume Entry 40 came ahead at 49 to only have Entry 31 mysteriously get another huge boost to 60.

Now it may just be me, but does anyone else think it's odd that right on the last day whenever Entry 40 was about to claim 1st place that Entry 31 who was so likely going to be just 2nd place, is suddenly propelled to first place by "large amounts of votes from out of the blue"?

How about the fact that Kurgan posted a notification saying it was the last day for voting? its when I did mine.

Some very nice paint jobs there and a good contest in the whole, i just wish i wasn't so lazy and painted something too :unsure: . But after reading Magicstorm's post i was thinking, is it possible to make heaps of accounts and just vote for your guy over and over, so you can get the prize?. Because its free to make email accounts from hotmail and such or is account making here based on IP address.

A lot of effort for a £40 prize (at best). And to be honest, unless you're 'up there' with the painting anyway it'd be really obvious.

If I hadn't got disqualified, I think I'd have rolled in in the top 10 (makes me feel pretty happy). I'm kicking myself for not reading the rules more, especially seeing as it was this contest that got me off (erm, onto) my ass to paint the figure anyway. :-) Ho hum!

To the winners, all worthy I think! And to everyone else, well done - there've been some cracking entries.

Thanks to Kurgan and the guys for organising this competition & well done to all who took part.

Congrats to the three winners, 3 nicely painted marines.

Finally, thanks to everyone (15 people) who voted for my terminator (The Lamenters Terminator #53).

Congratulations to the winners.

There was alot of voting on the last day so I'm not surprised the top entries changed a bit. The entries #3-#6 also got a boost up over the 20 vote line.

I was entry 56 (Salamander) with 23 votes and I'm really pleased with that.

The voting system is weird because someone has to think an entry is the best in order for it to get any votes. Even if everybody thinks it's really good, second best even, it can get zero votes.

However, if you get a vote, you know that someone picked your entry out of the whole group, and the fact that more than 20 people did that for my salamander termie is really inspiring.

Thanks to everyone who voted for me, thanks to all the awesome painters that entered and thanks to the organizers for taking time out of their scedule.

Did some WD's come with a different mini? Just because there's a few sergeant looking models in and amongst, and a lot of the Nobz entered have different heads and such

Not everyone used the one from WD. The contest also allowed other Termies and Nobs from the Black Reach boxed set.

One question though... does everyone drill the barrels??? I never used to do it, and everyone that has seen my model always asked "How are the bullets coming out"...

While there isn't 100% compliance,I'd say around 95% drill out bullet firing guns, 50% drill out plasma guns (I made a post on this a long time ago, back in january and found out peoples feelings on plasma gun firing).

The votes for a lot of entries mysteriously changed drastically after it was passed the apparent end of the contest too. I'd been keeping up on votes and iirc, the last entry was in third place at the end, and later on the others had more votes.

Where can you get the metal mesh that entires #25 and #67 used for basing? I want to pick some of that up en masse.

Hello, I paint the #25 terminator. The mesh is a old metal mosquito net. Now it is in plastic, but I prefer metal one. It is easier to twist it.

I used it to make a quick base for the contest.

I want to make bases like space hulk corridor. So I have a lot of work to do to finish my AoBR box

Thank to Kenton Kilgore (http://www.fightingtigersofveda.com/) for the tiger army's inspiration.

Edit : I found this french tutorial, may be it could also help : http://www.zeliste40k.fr/index.php?q=artic...idx=22&full

It uses "tulle" (I don't know the english word) a cloth for wedding and PVA glue

How about the fact that Kurgan posted a notification saying it was the last day for voting? its when I did mine.

Or the fact that Mondays are the 2nd busiest day of traffice on the board (Wednesday being the 1st). Traffic is lowest Friday thru Sunday so it isn't a huge surprise to see everyone get a bunch of votes right at the end. Always happens when we have folks vote via PM as well. Heck 75% of the entries came in on the last day even.

As for voting going on a bit longer than expected -- that is technically my fault as my wifes grandfather passed away Monday evening. You'll forgive me if I wasn't compelled to get online and close the voting.

Some of you guys spend way too much time looking for boogey-men.

As for voting going on a bit longer than expected -- that is technically my fault as my wifes grandfather passed away Monday evening. You'll forgive me if I wasn't compelled to get online and close the voting.

Sorry to hear that Kurgan, my condolences to you and your wife.

Ok let me squash the conspiracy theorists on the board.. Good gravy I don't know how Kurgan puts up with it. lol..

Remember, you all didn't do the voting for the termies. The Waaagh did. As I am the adminstrator of the site on the last day of the contest I sent a mass mail to every registered member (7,000+ members) that it was the last day to vote and to get voting in. I did this because I thought some people may not have known that voting was going on and I wanted people to have the opportunity if they so chose and that it wasn't a voting only if you painted a model type situation. So it is VERY possible that in doing so the voting changed quite significantly. If you want to blame someone, blame me.

I used a resin base, it wasn't very noticeable, because it is small and subtle. It was from Epicast and it was on a Nob, I never remember my number, I only got one or two votes. My guy had purple hair.

Number 48? That's the one I voted for; I thought it had a very vibrant 80s/90s Ninja Turtles toys look. Seriously awesome, if you ask me.

Congratulaions to all the winners, too! Just scrolling through all the painted miniatures is awe-inspiring, guys!

As someone said earlier, the voting system makes you vote for the one you think is the very best. So thank you to the 3 who voted for mine (number 29).

Great contest, awesome miniatures!

Archived