=][= AoBR Contest Terminator Winners =][=

One question - what happened to the votes cast on entries that got disqualified - could they then vote again? I wouldn't like it if the folks that voted for me (#45) lost their votes 'cause I was a numpty and didn't read the rules fully...

Whoohoo!!! I got two votes on my terminator and I didn't even vote on my own mini....lol (My vote didn't make top 3 unfortunately for him)

Since this was the very first mini I painted I would like some feedback on techniques I should have used or that I should practise on, I entered the competition to see my mini compared to others so I could learn a bit from it.

Please have a look at terminator number 55 and reply or send me a PM with your tips and tricks or point me at some usefull tutorials...

My special thanks goes out to those two people on the interwebs who voted for me,... Thank you, it warms my heart!

Well done to the winners, congratulations and all that.

Hi folks,

I ve got to say a big thanks to everybody, it's been a pleasure to take part in this contest.

I am the #31 and I m happy you liked this terminator. It was tricky at the beginning because I really like to convert/sculpt minis, and I had but no choice to convert it...with my paint ! I took a lot of pleasure painting it, mostly the battle damage, the lights effects and the free hands (no decals).

By the way if anyone needs some tips about the technics I used, PM me ^^

I m just a bit sad about the pose, the camera dont really honor the termi.

Thanks again to the organisers, the sponsors and the contestants.

Regards. Arnaud (FRA)

@K4I53R Hey Arnaud, j'ai vu ton terminator au magasin aujourd'hui. Félicitation pour avoir gagné et bien venu a Bolter and Chainsword. Je suis pas mal sur que tu peus deviner je suis qui. :lol:

@K4I53R Hey Arnaud, j'ai vu ton terminator au magasin aujourd'hui. Félicitation pour avoir gagné et bien venu a Bolter and Chainsword. Je suis pas mal sur que tu peus deviner je suis qui. ;)

You're kidding right...? You didn't just write a public message in French... ;)

Write in English or post a PM!

@K4I53R Hey Arnaud, j'ai vu ton terminator au magasin aujourd'hui. Félicitation pour avoir gagné et bien venu a Bolter and Chainsword. Je suis pas mal sur que tu peus deviner je suis qui. ;)

You're kidding right...? You didn't just write a public message in French... :lol:

Write in English or post a PM!

Lol he didn't know I could speak english ^^ but thanks anyway.

I just got back from vacation today, and I couldn't check the results all week! My entry was #39. I was pleased to see that I made the top 5! I was a little bummed with my pictures, they didn't come out nearly as well as I hoped. I'm glad #31 won. It was behind when I left. Good work everyone who entered.

@BobaHat

Whatever man, this tread is pretty much over so i just posted a message to i guy i know in french. Big deal :huh: seriously if you get offended by such a small thing ^_^ i don't know its seams kinda childish to me. Especially the tone you seem to be using. ( i know were writhing this but you get what i mean)

You know I'd actually been following the voting every day and the Death Strike Terminator (Entry 40 - 2nd Place Winner - which btw I was the first person to vote for) was in the lead throughout until the morning of the 13th (GMT) when somehow Entry 31 (first place Terminator) jumped up from 23 votes to 48. Entry 40 then followed Entry 31 by getting up to 47 (from 29) then I assume Entry 40 came ahead at 49 to only have Entry 31 mysteriously get another huge boost to 60.

Now it may just be me, but does anyone else think it's odd that right on the last day whenever Entry 40 was about to claim 1st place that Entry 31 who was so likely going to be just 2nd place, is suddenly propelled to first place by "large amounts of votes from out of the blue"?

How about the fact that Kurgan posted a notification saying it was the last day for voting? its when I did mine.

Yup thats when i voted to.

@ Magicstorm I voted for yours, now where the $$ you promised me. no just kidding I liked the way you did the red.

Also whats with all the negativity guys, come on it was just a painting comp. Some people are taking this way to seriously.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived