Inquisitorial Factions: Now with an Inquisitorial Census

Grand Master Tyrak

*In character*

Inqusitor lord James lowered his nemesis sword(being an inquisitor has advantages) and watched as the demonhost vanished from view. "Damn"He mutterd, as he looked around, and saw that many good inquisitor would be resting with the emperor soon. Then he pulled out a comm and radioed to orbit "callin The Ranger,bring down my jetbike (eldar), I have a demon host to catch." the he walked out of the room.

*out of character*

explanation, years ago, James was travelling in his strike cruiser (the ranger), when he came acros an eldar fleet fighting a chaos one, he helped, and in gratitude, they gave him a jetbike. This also explains why he believes why the eldar are not evil.

*IC*

Inquisitor Lord William swore, there was no time for him to call up for his retinue, they'd both be too slow. "Damn him to hell" he said "his forceing my hand in this". With a quick thought he sent a command through his telepathic beacon. A minute later a Land Raider roared up next to the building. Turning back he shouted "anyone who wishes to administer justice to this heretic, come with me" he said, leaping out of a nearby closed window and boarding the Land Raider. In it were three of his retinue, two crusaders and a hospitalliter.

OOC:I tought I might as well show you who William is mainly based off, its gonna be a joy trying to make the guy though: The Image of the character hes based off, William.

We should really add on to this with a roleplay topic.

*IC*

Well, looks like the conclave is being deferred in favor of a heretic hunt. Good, hunting down a traitor to the Imperium and administering the Emperor's Justice is a task I rather prefer to bandying words and searching for advantage; it's simple and clean. Besides, by helping to dispose of Basavriuk I demonstrate that he's a rogue and not representative of the Horusian movement as a whole.

The loud rumble that announced the arrival of Inquisitor William's Land Raider naturally drew Rhiannon eyes, and upon hearing the man's shouted invitation she gave only the briefest of glances back towards her own Chimera before moving off towards the better armed and better protected vehicle. It's a well made Chimera and I'm quite fond of it ... but it's still a Chimera compared to a bloody Land Raider. I really ought to see about getting one of those. A quick wave of her hand told the trio of former stormtroopers she'd long ago conscripted as her bodyguards to join her at the Land Raider.

"Inquisitor William." Rhiannon called out with forced levity. "I trust there's still room in your vehicle for myself and the three surviving members of my retinue?" Pity about Magda, I'll have to look into finding a talented young Dialogus to replace her."

OOC: Inspired by Wulfen Lord Leo's Example, I present a rough idea of what Inquisitor Kolbe looks like.

*Out of character*

Since everyone else is displaying their inspirations behind their Inquisitors, I suppose I'd better add mine. Inquisitor Tyrak is essentially a combination of a little of myself, a little of one of my university

lecturers, and a large part of this fellow: http://www.alleycatscratch.com/movie/kong/...tain/Cap_NY.jpg just minus the cigarette.

Look back over my posts and see if you can spot my earlier references. :lol:

*In character*

A cloud of dust could be seen in the distance, and a crusader appeared, on a jet black eldar jetbike. "reporting for duty,Sir" he said to Inquisitor James"thank you captain" James responded, "captain, wait for he rest of my retinue, and follow, and inquisitor William, good huntings" then he drew his sword, revved up his engines, and rode off.

*out of character*

would it be ok to have a power armoured inquisitor?, my inqusitor is based on the grey knight justicar model,but wuth chains on the backpack, and a shield with an eagle, and various other add ons.

*Out of character*

Nowt wrong with a power-armoured Inquisitor, mine is too, although in game terms it counts as Artificer Armour, so I can distinguish him from his Officers (Power Armour, Acolytes) and his Naval Armsmen (Carapace Armour, Warriors). Your gear basically depends on your influence, the more senior you are the more likely you are to have better kit.

We should really add on to this with a roleplay topic.

I'm inclined to agree...we really have digressed from the original purpose of this topic (which I suppose is more or less my fault, sorry), but I'm having far too much fun with this story to just abandon it. If a more senior member was willing to start a RP thread dedicated to this storyline, I'm sure most of us here would be willing to participate with our respective dramatis personnae. Then, we could conclude the story's participation in this thread, and return to the discussion's original purpose (frank appraisal of factional beliefs and philosophies), which I personally miss.

**IC**

Inquisitor Leiche lifted his head from his work for the second time. His practices required his uninterrupted attention, but he could detect a distinguishable shift in the temperament of those in the room. Almost unanimously, the prominent Inquisitors were filing out to join in on the hunt. Apparently, he had underestimated the gravity of the situation. Leiche glanced back towards his experiment, and swore when he saw she had died while his mind wandered. Looking back up towards the other Inquisitors, Leiche sighed, wiped the worst of the gore off of his gloved hands, and stood up.

If the Emperor was to be resurrected, Leiche would have to understand every intricacy of death as completely as he understood himself. Where death would go, Leiche was sure to pursue, like a carrion bird drawn to battle.

And there was no doubt that the shadow of death would be following the Inquisitorial Cell as they hunted down the traitor.

*out of character*

If this does become a roleplay topic, we should probably ask for the same exemption that Arena of Death enjoys with regards to in-character insults. I think it would be a good idea with regards to developing progressive backstories for our characters. Tyrak has already started learning how sense when a Daemon is incoming. ;)

*In character*

Standing up and dusting himself off, Inquisitor Levinski called to his retinue to bring him his chimera, no bloody land raider for me, I'll stick with my own methods he thought, before running off to join the hunt for Baravsiuk.

*out of character*

I'll be joining in with this discussion as Lady McKayla from now on, just so you all know. If that roleplay thread ever gets started, I'll be being Gordo in there.

Edit- Shunch, any chance of a quick run through of what a "revivicator" is? I've never heard of it before.

*In character*

Standing up and dusting himself off, Inquisitor Levinski called to his retinue to bring him his chimera, no bloody land raider for me, I'll stick with my own methods he thought, before running off to join the hunt for Baravsiuk.

*out of character*

I'll be joining in with this discussion as Lady McKayla from now on, just so you all know. If that roleplay thread ever gets started, I'll be being Gordo in there.

Edit- Shunch, any chance of a quick run through of what a "revivicator" is? I've never heard of it before.

Thought I'd look it up myself, its a Thorian faction, which focuses on the transition of the soul to the warp during death.

Shunch, any chance of a quick run through of what a "revivicator" is? I've never heard of it before.

Sure thing. I always love an opportunity to pretend I'm smart!

Anyways, Revivificators. Revivificators are a resurrectionist cult (Inquisition faction that wants to bring the Emperor back to life) that are particularly involved with the actual corpse atop the Golden Throne. Revivificators are interested in the transition of the soul leaving the body after death. Through either technology (such as Eldar spirit-stones) or sorcery (such as Nurglitch necromancy), Revivificators seek to understand the three stages at which they can affect the rate at which a soul exits the body during a normal mortals life span. The first stage is slowing this process. This would translate as a long lifespan. Revivificators already have a rudimentary understanding of this stage in their own ways, and as such they are commonly longer-lived than even other Inquisitors. The second stage is the complete halt of the soul transition. This would be natural immortality. Revivificators believe that at one point or another, the Eldar biologically achieved this stage, though the Imperium have virtually no control over it. The final stage is reversal. This would be the resurrection/bringing the dead back from the warp, or storing souls after death (in an Eldar-esque fashion). Revivificators hope to master this stage, journey to the Golden Throne, and apply their methods to the Emperor to restore his soul to a new body or construct, or even completely restore his current form.

To better understand death and the final transition of the soul, Revivificators frequent tombs, graves, etc. I'm shooting for a classic "necromancer" look with Leiche, which is dark, aloof, and generally unhealthy looking.

The complete, official run-down of the Revivificator faction can be found on page 8 of the Thorian Source Book (which I urge any player interested in the Inquisition to flip through, its a quick download).

So basically they're a bunch of "filthy necormancers", as Levinski would say? Cool

Some can be alot more than that. Depending on their outlook on how to best resurrect the Emperor, many are infatuated with sorcery and can become corrupted by Nurgle (the general interest in the powers of Nurgle being the particular reason Leiche is a member of Ordo Sepulturum), and others consort heavily with renegade Eldar in order to understand wraithbone, spirit-stones, and the like.

*IC*

Rhiannon gave a quick grateful smile in Inquisitor William's direction when agreed to allow her aboard his Land Raider, then gestured over her shoulder at the three approaching Stormtroopers. "That would be them." Pointing to each in turn she quickly gave their names, "Gaelle, Tamaya, and Melaina. They're good shots with those guns, and very loyal."

The Inquisitor Lady then turned her gaze to the mammoth Land Raider and asked, "How large of a retinue do you have inside there? I imagine an Inquisitor with the resources to requisition a Land Raider must have a small army under his command." Never hurts to flatter the man letting you ride in his heavily armed and armored tank.

*OOC*

Interesting discussion on the Revivificators. Are we planning to do a seperate RP thread?

Are we planning to do a separate RP thread?

I hope so. It's really just a matter of seeing who is willing to participate, and then simply creating a thread in the correct place (I have no idea where that place would be). Assuming enough people are into it, I don't see any reason why we shouldn't carry on with it. That said, who is interested?

No intention of hijacking the thread, but if the people who would like to participate could maybe send me a PM saying they are interested and detailing the characters they will represent in the story, that would be great. From there, I think I'll let one of you actually set it up (I'm still pretty new here).

**IC**

Leiche ghosted between the still-burning wreckage, taking care to only step in the open when no one was looking. He had no delusions about his lack of popularity amongst the conclave, and did not want to tempt a more rabid puritan calling him out on heresy. While Inquisitor William was engaged in conversation with Lady Kolbe, Leiche climbed up on top of the Land Raider and slipped into one of the open hatches. He was now a part of the hunt, for better or for worse.

Would this roleplay thread revolve around the hunt for Baravsiuk? 'cos that would be great, and it would give me an excuse to play Levinski some more :HQ:

*In character (Lady McKayla :HQ:)*

Enters the conclave, sees the carnage around her and screams "WHAT IN THE NAME OF THE GOD-Emperor HAPPENED HERE?". Inquisitor Johnson hurriedly tells her the story of Baravsiuks escape and heretical use of the daemonhosts, and Alexis proceeds to put out a nearby fire.

*out of character*

Who's character hasn't run off to go hunt down Baravsiuk then?

Edit- Damn spell check, won't let me capitalise the whole of "Emperor".

Captain Malachi Posted Today, 10:59 PM

Would this roleplay thread revolve around the hunt for Baravsiuk? 'cos that would be great, and it would give me an excuse to play Levinski some more

I guess so, we've got no other common cause. Shunch, its probably best if you set it up, the ball is currently in your court with regards to what happened to Basavriuk. I'll PM you details of my Dramatis Personae.

Would this roleplay thread revolve around the hunt for Baravsiuk? 'cos that would be great, and it would give me an excuse to play Levinski some more

It sure would, but I wouldn't be at all surprsied if the story evolved into something greater or even moved onto another story arc if its successful enough.

EDIT: Tyrak beat me to it.

*IC*

"Its only a small amount of my main retinue" William confessed, the retinue walking out "but their the most loyal, meet Trevor" he said, indicating a white armoured crusader "James" he added, pointing to a black armoured one "and Sister Gabriela" he finished, indicating the hospitalliter.

Well, I've just finshed drawing up a prologue for the RP thread. Once I get maybe six or so people willing to participate from the get-go (I have two already), I'll start up the thread. Just a few questions for those with forum know-how:

- Where should this thread be?

- Is there any special permission I need for an RP thread?

Beyond that, just be sure to send a PM my way if you want to be a part of this initially.

Just a little aftermath set up and some comments to clear up a few things.

In Character

The Chaos of the events had sent Inquisitor Lord Donald Mallard to the floor. He pulled his Bolt Pistol and fired it at the Deamon emptying the clip not suprising it did nothing to his foe. When the host left and his fell Inquistor Lords has started to gather forces a Woman dashed into the room Clad in a Trench Coat and a varation of Sortia style Power armour that had been rather modified to hit a little more at her outstanding figure. Several change seem to connect her Coat to her armour. Slight Glimps of her neck showed a spider web design Tattoo and her hair in pig tails is jet black. "Ducky are you alright?"

"I am fine Abigail." Donald gets up and dusts himself off.

"No you are not, Ducky You are bleeding."

Donald looks at his forearm and sees that he has a large 15 centmetre gash in his left arm. From further behind a Sister Hosplator has come.

"Doesn't it hurt Ducky? Sandra help him." says Abby

"If it hurt I tell you, Abigail, now where is Palmer?"

Abby Smiles "Always business even when wounded."

"Abigail!"

"He is gathering our forces, Little late it seems. Will we be hunting this Hertic." asks Abby.

"Of course, I swear I will not rest until the foul beast of a man is brought to Justice."

Out of Character

Anyone know how to make 28 mm scale glasses?

Anyone who hasn't figured it out my Inquistors are Ducky, Abby and Jimmy from NCIS. It was and is Challanging to write like Ducky would speak in this setting. Abby of course will be supper cool because lets face it a Inquistor who Goth and Perky is just so WRONG! I look forward to contuine this thread as a RP and Ecoirage all to help establish it.

(*in character*)

van Naertens leans forward into the light of the gathering, his hood overshadowing his face and his robes serving to barely soften the harsh edges of his armor

Well now, it appears that I managed to miss all the fun yet again. Pity really. And here I thought this conclave had potential and possibilities, but I guess this proves to me that I am not always correct in my assumptions. Such a good thing to be reminded of, that. Keeps one humble and hungry as it were.

If this is what is to be expected from a gathering of thirteen Malleus, fourteen Hereticus, and a smattering of the other ordos, then perhaps it is best if I remain off to the wayside and in the shadows. Keeping myself to myself and my business as my own may indeed turn out to be to the best afterall. It appears attempting to gain allies or assistance in any endeavors could turn out dangerous to one’s health in this gathering. Perhaps this is why we Inquisitors do not often gather together in such numbers…

I suspect it will be safer to wash my hands of this gathering and return to...other opportunities...

turning, van Naertens glides back into the shadows and shambles of the gathering chamber, making his way from the scene

(*end in character*)

Wow...this thread took off and went down hill rather fast didnt it?

Archived