Inquisitorial Factions: Now with an Inquisitorial Census

Grand Master Tyrak

**IC**

Ah, the 'Grand Schemer'. Yes, I have heard that before. More regurgitation of the lies spoon-fed to you by the deluded followers of a spent avatar. Is it possible that every time a true challenge to your false creed arises from within you ranks it is always the works of this 'Grand Schemer'? It seems to me that such an excuse has been devised precisely to wave off any forms of protest as corruption.

And the evidence I have of my claim is the same as the evidence for every claim of yours: faith. Can I prove with cold hard facts that the corpse atop the Golden throne is a false god? No. But can you prove the very same corpse is the true Emperor? Open your mind, inquisitor. We take too much of the old stories at face value, never questioning. The Imperium and mankind itself will slowly rot like your 'Emperor' unless we act.

So ask yourself: Imperium or Emperor?

**OOC**

Oh, and thank you. I quite like it here.

Ah, the 'Grand Schemer'. Yes, I have heard that before. More regurgitation of the lies spoon-fed to you by the deluded followers of a spent avatar. Is it possible that every time a true challenge to your false creed arises from within you ranks it is always the works of this 'Grand Schemer'? It seems to me that such an excuse has been devised precisely to wave off any forms of protest as corruption.

And the evidence I have of my claim is the same as the evidence for every claim of yours: faith. Can I prove with cold hard facts that the corpse atop the Golden throne is a false god? No. But can you prove the very same corpse is the true Emperor? Open your mind, inquisitor. We take too much of the old stories at face value, never questioning. The Imperium and mankind itself will slowly rot like your 'Emperor' unless we act.

How long have you been a Chaos-loving traitor? When did you sell your soul to the Dark Gods and betray humanity?

Chengar Qordath Posted Today, 08:49 PM

*IC*

Obviously your self-righteous short-sightedness has addled your mind if you are so eager to antagonize one of the Imperium's greatest heroes (and that's not to mentions what would happen if he is the heir).

Most certainly.

So, even you admit to being an addle-minded fool? So long as you continue to advocate a course that will inevitably lead the Imperium to doom and destruction I shall not disagree with your own self-assessment.

Anyone who is to be raised to the mantle of "hero" requires an investigation first. Just look at the example of Icarael and the revered Inquisitor Karamazov. It does not do to put the corrupt on a pedestal, accidentally or otherwise.

Are you accusing Commisar Cain of being a corrupt traitor? Given his wild popularity among the masses and his close relationship with members of the Inquisition and Ordo Xenos you might want to tread carefully, lest you be accused of trying to undermine the war effort.

There are no problems over whether he is an "heir" or not - the Emperor is not dead, he is still with us and guides us, the only ones who could claim to be his heirs are his genetic sons, the Primarchs.

These would be the same primarchs that instigated the Horus Heresy, and after the worst of it had been contained promptly left never to be seen again for ten millennia? The Space Marine is, despite their loyal service to the Imperium still an abhuman and thus never to entirely trusted; if any attempted to replicate Horus' fall into heresy and claim the Golden Throne for their own use Their pride shall lead them to fall and betray their master unless measures are taken.

The Emperor is not dead, but until He may walk amongst us once more an earthly steward and regent is needed to manage the mundane affairs of the Imperium

[iC]

I'm always amased when I encounter colleages of mine suggesting that we work with Xenos, specifically Orks, in any form of major capacity. I find my self forced to conclude that their either nescient of the true threat the green menace represents, or are willful traitors to humanity.

While there have been historical examples of human-greenskin cooperation (++Ref: Bloodaxe tribe, clearance Omicron-Blue++) the overwhelming majority of these instances the campaign has either been disasterous, the over confidence and cavalier attitude toward death of the ork psychy has caused them to take on foes beyond their ability and any Imperial forces cooperating have been lost along side them, or in the few cases when such an allied campaign went well it was only a matter of time before the insidious threat they truely represent manifested.

The threats posed by Orkdom are manifold and not always immediatly obvious. Beyond the obvious threat of undirected violence, throughout their lifecycle greenskins continously shead their spoor. This spoor then germinates into a disturbingly durable fungus, and if it is not fully purged in an expeidient manner will result in the birth of a new crop of Ork 'Yoofs', and it will not take long before these mature into boyz, nobs, or worse. Thus, the true threat of the green menace is its persistance, not only must their forces be put down, but any worlds exposed to their taint must either be scoured to a cellular level, effectively killing the world, or resources committed in perpetuity to repeatedly expunging their taint from the dark corners of the planet (++Ref: Armageddon Ork hunters, clearance Theta Green++). In light of this, it is appearant that it is an incredable poor idea to attempt to 'redirect' a waagh to any kind of habitable world.

It must also be noted that they, more than any other race known to man, thrive on conflict. For them fighting is more than a nessecity, it is a past time and a whole way of life. Fighting is integrated in to their lifestyle in every aspect at every level, even an act as trivial as buying food revolves around violence, for first the customer must defeat another ork in combat to wrench his teeth from his jaw, for his foul kin use these as a currency, then, he must negotiate the price with a merchant, a process that invariably involves the exchange of blows. To them this is normal and expected indeed, they would likely find it unthinkable that there is any other system. Indeed, the orks have a particular, and documented psycho-morphic response to violence, the more an Ork fights, the larger and more powerful he gets. This axiom may even be generalised to a whole Ork population. (++Ref Study of Ork Morphology Vth edition, clearance Phi Teal++)

Occasionally it is suggested that Orks may be bribed to fight an Imperial conflict on our behalf, and neglecting the absolute folly that it is to expose a new world to the ork spoor as indicated above, it must be pointed out that to the ork mind their is only one thing of value. Weapons. Even their teeth, that they use as currencies, are only valued in so far as they may be sharpened and used a knives. As such, the only thing that would have the remotest chance of swaying the mind of an ork warlord is powerful weapons. Suitably armed of course, the greenskins will then make short work of their objectives before turning their illgotten gains on their very benifactors (++Ref: Clems world incident, clearance Epsilion Orange++) for it will be the warlords belief that those that would offer such tribute must be easy prey for they have now given up their arms. The best case out come would be that an otherwise ill-prepared world might use this to by time to prepare for the impending onslaught, but this is risky and illadvised.

No, such is the abomination inherent in the very existance of the green skined menace that there is only one acceptable solution. Extermination. Their kind must be expunged from the galaxy whereever and whenever we meet them in the most expedient manners possible.

Sincerly,

Edward V. Orlock, Ordo Xenos.

[/iC]

How long have you been a Chaos-loving traitor? When did you sell your soul to the Dark Gods and betray humanity?

I would like to respond to your questions with some questions of my own.

Were you always this subservient? Or did your supposed 'Holy Men' have to burn a few worlds for you to accept everything they say?

It seems that I'm the only one who questions why the Imperium has stagnated for the last ten thousand years. Is it because the Emperor is leading us, or is it because we have locked him out of our mortal plane with our own refusal to accept the truth?

I have only ever had the well-being of mankind as my goal. We are sitting dead, beset by enemies innumerable within and without. It is the true spirit of the Imperium, a concept mankind has not yet known, that will lead us to victory and mastery over the stars.

Chaos itself is infinite power. The Avatar-Emperor, for all his failings, recognized this. The warp is a weapon our foes use against us, but we are somehow blind enough to not harness it against them.

Verus Imperator Adventum!

*In character*

Do you doubt the word of the Custodes, His eternal guardians? And what do you mean, ""Your" Emperor"?!?

More regurgitation of the lies spoon-fed to you by the deluded followers of a spent avatar

I have heard lesser blasphemies from the lips of Chaos cultists. Do not think your rank will save you from a charge of Extremis Diabolus.

So, even you admit to being an addle-minded fool? So long as you continue to advocate a course that will inevitably lead the Imperium to doom and destruction I shall not disagree with your own self-assessment.

If caution is madness then I will gladly go insane. If caution is short-sightedness I will gladly put out my eyes. Even the Ministorum takes the trouble to background check its Saints. I am an Imperial Inquisitor. It is my business to be suspicious even where others are not. The foul touch of Chaos may be anywhere.

Are you accusing Commisar Cain of being a corrupt traitor? Given his wild popularity among the masses and his close relationship with members of the Inquisition and Ordo Xenos you might want to tread carefully, lest you be accused of trying to undermine the war effort.

Icarael fits both those categories, popularity with the masses and a close relationship with the Thorians, yet that did not shield him or excuse him his corruption.

These would be the same primarchs that instigated the Horus Heresy, and after the worst of it had been contained promptly left never to be seen again for ten millennia? The Space Marine is, despite their loyal service to the Imperium still an abhuman and thus never to entirely trusted; if any attempted to replicate Horus' fall into heresy and claim the Golden Throne for their own use Their pride shall lead them to fall and betray their master unless measures are taken.

Again, the Primarchs are no more a united group than the High Lords. You know as well as I do that not all turned, and not all the loyalists disappeared. Roboute Guilliman, Rogal Dorn, Jaghatai Khan, Ferrus Manus and noble Sanguinius all gave their lives for the Emperor. The Space Marines are abhuman, yes. So are psykers, including the Grey Knights and the Emperor himself. Do they rank amongst those not to be trusted? The Navis Nobilite? The Astropathic Corps? Should we never trust those, rather than watch for the exception that is the corruption of such persons?

I have only ever had the well-being of mankind as my goal.

So many have said that: Inquisitor Lichtenstein, Inquisitor Kessel, Inquisitor Quixos . . .

**IC**

Do you doubt the word of the Custodes, His eternal guardians?

Yes, in fact, I do. There are many ways this lie could be spread. First, I have no doubt that the Custodes could be just as deluded as yourselves. Or, perhaps, they are playing along with the lie for personal benefit. Perhaps they are being tricked by those who play along for personal benefit. Or maybe, the Adeptus Custodes, much like the Avatar-Emperor, are a complete lie. Convenient how they are entombed deep within the Imperial Palace where none may reach them...

And what do you mean, ""Your" Emperor"?!?

Precisely what I said. 'Your' Emperor. That corpse on the Golden Throne once held the soul and willpower of my Emperor, if only a fraction, but no longer. As far as I or my associates are concerned, that...thing....is no longer my Emperor.

Perhaps one day you will see it is no longer yours either.

I have heard lesser blasphemies from the lips of Chaos cultists. Do not think your rank will save you from a charge of Extremis Diabolus.

Pah. Do not think you are the first to make that accusation, or that you will be the last.

So many have said that: Inquisitor Lichtenstein, Inquisitor Kessel, Inquisitor Quixos . . .

Yes, they have. And who is to say that they were wrong?

Do you doubt the word of the Custodes, His eternal guardians?

Yes, in fact, I do. There are many ways this lie could be spread. First, I have no doubt that the Custodes could be just as deluded as yourselves. Or, perhaps, they are playing along with the lie for personal benefit. Perhaps they are being tricked by those who play along for personal benefit. Or maybe, the Adeptus Custodes, much like the Avatar-Emperor, are a complete lie. Convenient how they are entombed deep within the Imperial Palace where none may reach them...

You doubt the existence of the Emperor's chosen gaurdians? Such words could only be that of a heretic. And just as proof, I have once met a custode, on a travel to Holy Terra itself, to rid it of a heretic likened to yourself.

And what do you mean, ""Your" Emperor"?!?

Precisely what I said. 'Your' Emperor. That corpse on the Golden Throne once held the soul and willpower of my Emperor, if only a fraction, but no longer. As far as I or my associates are concerned, that...thing....is no longer my Emperor.

That is a debate few know the aswear to, many of the Thorian faction belive that either the Emperor has passed and has been reborn through a divine avatar. Others, such as myself, belive that time is soon. But your words are twisted by the lies of chaos, the Emperor is immortal, he cannot die.

Pah. Do not think you are the first to make that accusation, or that you will be the last.

He is not, your blasphimous words will cause me to bring that upon you, unless you repent.

Yes, they have. And who is to say that they were wrong?

Other Inquisitors, those who stay loyal to the Emperor. Tyrak speaks many words of wisdom, you speak many words of heresy.

Also Tyrak, while you are right in the case of Icarael, this Commisar Cain seems to be different. That does not excuse him from a purity screening though, as all Inquisitors, even Thorians, should know

Inquisitor William.

OOC:this is a good arguement, very heated.

*In character*

Shunch Posted Today, 01:36 AM

Ah. It seems "Horusian" is merely a title to cover your alleigance to the dead Great Betrayer himself.

I doubt it. Even if one day I do fall to heresy and corruption, my associates are prepared to execute me the moment that happens.

Also Tyrak, while you are right in the case of Icarael, this Commisar Cain seems to be different. That does not excuse him from a purity screening though, as all Inquisitors, even Thorians, should know

Unfortunately, I have not had the opportunity to meet this Commissar Cain yet, and so I must fall back on my suspicion. I will bear your opinion in mind, though.

*End in character*

OOC:this is a good arguement, very heated.

Yup, finally factionalism and philosophical debate have merged into one. Just so long as the heat remains strictly in character. I imagine number6 is watching this thread closely.

*In character*

Inquisitor, if such a title can still apply to one such as you, as a member of the ordo malleus I can assure you, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the Great Schemer is very much real.

You claim you are privy to truth we cannot see because you questioned the validity of the Emperor, and yet, any true servant of Him on Earth need not question, for he has faith. You have done nothing more than ignore all your oaths and loyalties to mankind.

That corpse on the Golden Throne once held the soul and willpower of my Emperor

Corpse on the Golden Throne... where have I heard that before? Ah, that's right, from the mouths of heretics and traitors throughout the galaxy! Be careful what you say in the complany of those still loyal to the Imperium and The Emperor, for we brook no heresy in our midst.

The very fact you believe there to be difference merely strengthens the case against you.

Inquisitor Gordo Levinski.

*End character*

If number6 isn't watching this he isn't doing his job very well ^_^ But I'm sure he is, to be honest, everyone knows this is all in good humour though, so I'm sure it will be fine.

*IC*

It is becoming increasingly clear that this so-called "Horusian" is little more than a heretic and likely a Chaos-worshiper; he certainly speaks the same words I've heard from the mouths of the servants of the Ruinous Powers in regards to the God-Emperor.

As far as Commisar Cain is concerned, I would imagine that the Inquisitors he regularly works with have carefully vetted him, and others have no doubt looked into his affairs as his prominence rises. He should of course be subject to strict scrutiny and oversight, but to date he has passed all inspections and is by all accounts one of greatest, if not the single greatest, hero of the Imperium. Surely the Emperor's heir would be a man such as this, whose bravery and valor know no bounds, whose virtue is well-known, and who is much-loved throughout the Imperium

As regards the Primarchs, Inquisitor Tyrak is correct that they are a not single unified group, and we should of course honor those Primarchs who gave their lives in the Emperor's name. However, the departure of the surviving loyalist Primarchs makes it clear that it is not the God-Emperor's intention that they serve as his heirs, and as others have pointed out the choice of any one Primarch would inevitably divide the galaxy as other would ask "Why this Primarch and not another?" Would Lion'el Johnson stand idly by and accept the rule of Leman Russ as the heir?

That said, if the Emperor makes his will clear and chooses a Primarch as his heir, then we shall of course obey. However, I do not think that this will be the case.

*OOC*

I'm enjoying the discussion. I'm also having fun imagining how poor Ciaphas Cain would react to the debate over his qualification to be the Emperor's heir.

**IC**

Aha. It seems the masses have been woken from their reveries of false bliss and have chosen to assault my beliefs. I am surprised by the vigor in which these so called 'Puritans' would like to see me excommunicated. Perhaps some of you are not as blind as I thought - which would of course mean you are knowingly involved in the heresy of the Avatar-Emperor.

You doubt the existence of the Emperor's chosen gaurdians? Such words could only be that of a heretic. And just as proof, I have once met a custode, on a travel to Holy Terra itself, to rid it of a heretic likened to yourself.

I have, at times, found myself doubting the validity of these 'guardians'. I'm not sure how a member of the inquisition, an order based on the premise of suspicion, could be a heretic for exercising just that. And as for your story that supposedly offers proof, if wearing golden armor and calling myself a custode is all it takes to make everything I say true, please direct me to the nearest goldsmith.

He is not, your blasphimous words will cause me to bring that upon you, unless you repent.

I have never uttered a blasphemy or a lie in my service to the True Emperor of Mankind, and do not think you can debase me by suggesting such. I have nothing to repent, for I have not sinned.

Do not think I fear you.

Other Inquisitors, those who stay loyal to the Emperor.

I would think that my past comments have properly displayed my stance on the authenticity of these supposed 'loyal' by now.

Ah. It seems "Horusian" is merely a title to cover your alleigance to the dead Great Betrayer himself.

And yet, it seems that your accusation is merely an excuse for your swiftly failing philosophy. My beliefs are my own, but I will not stand to be accused of corruption by a man who has never truly seen. Come back to me when your thoughst are finally your own, not the holy scriptures of a long dead fanatic.

Inquisitor, if such a title can still apply to one such as you, as a member of the ordo malleus I can assure you, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the Great Schemer is very much real.

Do you doubt my merit in this rank? I have battled countless foes of the Imperium to bring safety and sanity to the realms of mankind. And as for Tzeentch (nay, I do not fear to utter his name!), I have not, and will not, refute the existence of the Dark Gods. What I will do is refute the belief that the warp and all of its denizens are inherently evil. I have seen the atrocities and fought the followers of the Ruinous powers, and I would never, for a moment, act on the behalf of them or their masters. But to refuse to fight back using their immensely powerful weapons? Perhaps you will continue your service using only spears. After all, I have fought Traitors using guns and swords.

You claim you are privy to truth we cannot see because you questioned the validity of the Emperor, and yet, any true servant of Him on Earth need not question, for he has faith. You have done nothing more than ignore all your oaths and loyalties to mankind.

A perfect example of how blind faith can impair the cognitive sense of an otherwise reasonable man. But I will not stand in your way. Go, be a good little inquisitor, and follow every order given to you without asking why. I'm sure that following that method is in the best interests of humanity. I have made oaths to uphold the holy rights granted to man, imperium, and Emperor. I have never challenged or broken that oath. I have made oaths to root at heresy and the unsound wherever they are found. I have never challenged broken that oath. I have made oaths to do battle with the enemies of the true Emperor. Watch that you do not become one, for that is the oath I hold most sacred.

...you speak many words of heresy...little more than a heretic...heretics and traitors...twisted by the lies of chaos...likely a Chaos-worshiper

Laughable, all of them. Railing me with slander and insults will not make the True God-Emperor any less real, nor will it make your own philosophies any less false.

**OOC**

Just to be perfectly clear, I in no way endorse any of Basavriuk's beliefs. I think half the fun of creating a little character in a big universe is contending with that he will never know what the player knows, and will often come up with (potentially) false conclusions. To finally be able to face off against a couple stiff puritans in an argument is lots of fun though, hopefully for everyone involved.

"I'm never sure on what title an inquisitor would use for another inquisitor, and should titles be capitalised?"

*ooc*

I err with the title 'Inquisitor' being capitalized. As to titles for each other, as far as I can see the Inquisition is hierarchal through respect and seniorority more than anything else and doesn't really go in for titles.

In this thread/conclave we all seem to have dropped into calling each other 'brother' and other such fraternal greetings. Which is nice. And fluffy too I think.

[character]

I can stand 'Inquisitor' Basavriuk's out-right Blasphemys no more! This man has no place within any of the Most Holy Ordos of Divine Emperor's Inquisition, nor within His Imperium. Every single word from his lips is abhorant!

I move, ney, demand this conclave find Basavrick Thrice Damned and brand him Heretic Extremis!

May the God-Emperor have mercy apon his soul.

[/character]

*In character*

And the evidence I have of my claim is the same as the evidence for every claim of yours: faith.
A perfect example of how blind faith can impair the cognitive sense of an otherwise reasonable man.

Baravsiuk, you contradict yourself, at first you base your whole philosophy on faith, and then you refute mine on the same basis?

But I will not stand in your way. Go, be a good little inquisitor, and follow every order given to you without asking why. I'm sure that following that method is in the best interests of humanity

I have never been one for following orders blindly, ask the esteemed lady McKayla, I always question my orders, however, if I were ever to recieve an order from The Emperor Himself, Would it not be heresy to question Him?

You have in the past advocated the use of daemonhosts, correst? Now, is this not heresy of the highest order? Especially for one such as yourself, a so called member of the ordo malleus? It is our sacred duty to hunt down and exterminate these foul beings, that is our very reason for being, and you wish to associate yourself with them? Use them?

Do you doubt my merit in this rank?

Frankly, yes I do. How you managed to infiltrate the ordo malleus I'll never know, but I will do my best to make sure it never happens again.

Inquisitor Gordo Levinski

*Out of character*

Don't worry Shunch, we're all having a laugh here, in fact, your ideas seem almost possible to me, my character however would never accept them.

Edit- Just fixing a spelling mistake I made, there's probably more though.

**IC**

Baravsiuk, you contradict yourself, at first you base your whole philosophy on faith, and then you refure mine on the same basis?

My friend, there a few key differences between our entirely separate brands of faith. Yours is to blindly follow that which has been lain out for you a millennium or more ago, and mine was arrived at by always asking questions in order to find the truth of the matter. Your faith requires you to follow without question, and to persecute without investigation, but mine knows that it is the mandate of the True God-Emperor to always think using the mind He blessed us with. I also thank you brother, for being one of the few to refer to me by name rather than craven shrieks of "Heretic".

however, if I were ever to recieve an order from The Emperor Himself, Would it not be heresy to question Him?

You are correct, it would be heresy to contradict or refuse the direct intervention of the Emperor. But as long as my orders come from a pompous fool sitting in for a God, I will always question their validity.

You have in the past advocated the use of daemonhosts, correct? Now, is this not heresy of the highest order? Especially for one such as yourself, a so called member of the ordo malleus? It is our sacred duty to hunt down and exterminate these foul beings, that is our very reason for being, and you wish to associate yourself with them? Use them?

Do not deign yourself wise enough to question my ways or methods. If the fashion I see most fit to destroy the agents of Chaos is to turn their own weapons upon them, I shall. I am not the first to come to this conclusion, and no amount of praying to your Avatar-Emperor will make me the last. And do not mistake my use of daemons as weapons as an association to their agenda. A daemon is an abominable being, and it is only when the last heretic, traitor, and affront to the God-Emperor has been burned that I will turn my guns upon my own arcane tools.

I move, nay, demand this conclave find Basavrick Thrice Damned and brand him Heretic Extremis!

You are welcome to try, but I would advise you think long and hard about the ramifications of what you are about to do.

May the God-Emperor have mercy upon his soul.

Oh, he will. Because above all, the Emperor Protects.

**OOC**

Don't worry Shunch, we're all having a laugh here, in fact, your ideas seem almost possible to me, my character however would never accept them.

I hope we're all having a bit of a laugh, because I am! I'm really having a good time here. If anyone's being personally offended, please don't take it as such. Also, I'm glad you like the idea. I wanted something a bit more radical than the traditional "well...I guess I use daemonhosts sometimes". And just like you, I have designed plenty of monodominant inquisitors who would put a bolt through Basavriuk's heart without a second thought.

*In character*

Baravsiuk, I fear that you honestly don't understand the corrupting power chaos has, please, I beg of you, name one man or woman who has succesfully used daemonhosts without being corrupted.

pompous fool sitting in for a God

If what you say is true, and that The God-Emperor is dead (forgive me for this heresy), then how can He be a pompous fool?

Inquisitor Gordo Levinski.

*Out of character*

And just like you, I have designed plenty of monodominant inquisitors who would put a bolt through Basavriuk's heart without a second thought.

Levinski goes for the head :D

**IC**

If what you say is true, and that The God-Emperor is dead (forgive me for this heresy), then how can He be a pompous fool?

You misunderstand me entirely. There are a few key facts that you must understand regarding my branch of Horusianism before it is criticized so heavily. No, the God-Emperor is not dead. He is not dead because the God-Emperor has never walked amongst men. The God-Emperor is a being that exists in a realm beyond our own. He has guided us through the ages, a guardian angel if you will. And He is not a pompous fool...I fail to understand how you arrived at that conclusion. The deluded maniacs I was referring to were the High Lords and others of the same ilk, men who have never conversed with Emperor, True or Avatr, yet seem to hold themselves powerful enough to govern our race. It is madness, I tell you.

Baravsiuk, I fear that you honestly don't understand the corrupting power chaos has, please, I beg of you, name one man or woman who has succesfully used daemonhosts without being corrupted.

I am confident that I understand the inner nature of Chaos, and all of its powers, corrupting or not, more acutely than yourself. How can you judge when you have never understood? The majority of the Imperium seeks to regulate that which they have NO understanding of. It is preposterous. Walk for a while in my shoes, brother. And as for our brothers and sisters who have utilized the weapons of the enemy without falling into insanity, there have been plenty. But the Inquisition's highest wouldn't want you knowing that and getting ideas in your head, would they? That might mean more of the honest men and women of the Imperium thinking for themselves.

**OOC**

Levinski goes for the head

But then how do you plunder their heretic minds?

*In character*

Inquisitor Baravsiuk:

In fealty to the God-Emperor, our undying lord, and by the grace of the Golden Throne, in the name of the Ordo Malleus and the Inquisition, I call thee diabolus, and in testimony of thy crimes, I submit this carta. May Imperial justice account in all balance. The Emperor Protects.

You are charged with 3 counts of denying the divinity of the God-Emperor, 1 count of heresy, 1 count of attempting to turn true servants of the Imperium from the Emperor's light, 1 count of blasphemy against the Emperor, 1 count of consorting with daemons, and 1 count of employing the tools of the Enemy. I submit the evidence below. Dates have been changed from the Low Gothic terms of "Today" and "Yesterday" to the correct Imperial Calendar date, for the purposes of accurate reference, and where so are marked in italics.

Shunch, Posted November 3rd, 09:48 PM

the worn husk atop that throne in Terra has long since passed its use, and the imperium's refusal to let him die is all but stopping the True Coming.

Shunch, Posted November 3rd, 10:29 PM

More regurgitation of the lies spoon-fed to you by the deluded followers of a spent avatar

Shunch, Posted November 3rd, 11:11 PM

Chaos itself is infinite power. The Avatar-Emperor, for all his failings, recognized this. The warp is a weapon our foes use against us, but we are somehow blind enough to not harness it against them.

Shunch, Posted November 4th, 01:36 AM

Or maybe, the Adeptus Custodes, much like the Avatar-Emperor, are a complete lie.

That corpse on the Golden Throne once held the soul and willpower of my Emperor, if only a fraction, but no longer. As far as I or my associates are concerned, that...thing....is no longer my Emperor.

Shunch, Posted November 4th, 08:07 PM

which would of course mean you are knowingly involved in the heresy of the Avatar-Emperor.

Shunch, Posted November 4th, 09:52 PM

If the fashion I see most fit to destroy the agents of Chaos is to turn their own weapons upon them, I shall. I am not the first to come to this conclusion, and no amount of praying to your Avatar-Emperor will make me the last. And do not mistake my use of daemons as weapons as an association to their agenda. A daemon is an abominable being, and it is only when the last heretic, traitor, and affront to the God-Emperor has been burned that I will turn my guns upon my own arcane tools.

May the Emperor have mercy on your soul.

Defend yourself, Inquisitor.

*End in-character*

Yup, I'm having a bit of a laugh too. Off the record, I (though not Inquisitor Tyrak) do have some sympathies with the Radicals, and its my personal belief that the only way to defeat Chaos is by using its own weapons against it, despite the corruption it causes. Those who use corrupt weapons are then purged by younger Inquistors, who then turn to Radicalism, and are themselves purged. In this way Chaos is held at bay, and the Inquisition is kept free of taint.

**IC**

Finally. Two can play at this Tyrak.

*ahem*

"I hear full well thy charge and thy words, and make my submission. May Imperial justice play balance in all accounts. The Emperor Protects.

I will refute all these charges which you have placed upon my name. Each account may be engaged in cross examination at a time of your choosing, and a final sentence will be delivered also at a time of your choosing. I submit myself to Imperial Justice and the justice of this court."

I am engaging your pronouncement formally, if only to avoid losing my temper. For the record, I would spit in your face and never utter the above words in their falsehood of meaning.

The True God-Emperor Protects.

**OOC**

That's the point

I guess you're right. It seems even my puritan inquisitors are a bit radical. On the other hand, I suppose that's nothing compared to being declared Extremis Diabolus over the internet on a forum you've only been a member of for two days :P

*In character*

Shunch Posted Today, 10:32 PM

**IC**

Finally. Two can play at this Tyrak.

*ahem*

"I hear full well thy charge and thy words, and make my submission. May Imperial justice play balance in all accounts. The Emperor Protects.

I will refute all these charges which you have placed upon my name. Each account may be engaged in cross examination at a time of your choosing, and a final sentence will be delivered also at a time of your choosing. I submit myself to Imperial Justice and the justice of this court."

I am engaging your pronouncement formally, if only to avoid losing my temper. For the record, I would spit in your face and never utter the above words in their falsehood of meaning.

The True God-Emperor Protects.

All of the above is noted in the record. Dost thou accept this carta from my hand?

Your claim of innocence has already been noted in the record.

*Out of character*

Its a right pain having to flick through my copy of Eisenhorn to get the wording right. :P

*In character*

I expected as much. The writings of your own hand have been presented as evidence against you.

Shunch, Posted November 3rd, 09:48 PM

the worn husk atop that throne in Terra has long since passed its use, and the imperium's refusal to let him die is all but stopping the True Coming.

Shunch, Posted November 3rd, 10:29 PM

Shunch, Posted November 3rd, 11:11 PM

Or maybe, the Adeptus Custodes, much like the Avatar-Emperor, are a complete lie.

That corpse on the Golden Throne once held the soul and willpower of my Emperor, if only a fraction, but no longer. As far as I or my associates are concerned, that...thing....is no longer my Emperor.

Shunch, Posted November 4th, 08:07 PM

which would of course mean you are knowingly involved in the heresy of the Avatar-Emperor.

Shunch, Posted November 4th, 09:52 PM

If the fashion I see most fit to destroy the agents of Chaos is to turn their own weapons upon them, I shall. I am not the first to come to this conclusion, and no amount of praying to your Avatar-Emperor will make me the last. And do not mistake my use of daemons as weapons as an association to their agenda. A daemon is an abominable being, and it is only when the last heretic, traitor, and affront to the God-Emperor has been burned that I will turn my guns upon my own arcane tools.

How do you explain these writings, heretical as they are?

*Out of character*

Whew! Thats the High Gothic finished with. :P

(IC)

Inquisitor Lady Nicole Pyykkönen chuckles as she communicates with her Interrogator Kenneth McCormick via telepathy.

"Kenneth, contact the Admiral aboard the Cavalier and explain that our departure will be delayed. This should prove interesting."

(OOC)

This is an absolute riot and joy :P I think there should be some sort of medal for "Fastest Excommunicated" or something.. someone send that man a Daemonhost model, stat!

Archived