Inquisitorial Factions: Now with an Inquisitorial Census

Grand Master Tyrak

Seeing as no-one else has mentioned having a warp-capable ship of their own, do you all want to use mine, before I do a runner after Basavriuk?

I'd say that's probably a good idea, seeing as Levinski really has no way of getting a ship at short notice.

GhostLegion, I wouldn't say this thread went downhill at all really.

GhostLegion Posted Today, 03:54 AM

(*in character*)

Well now, it appears that I managed to miss all the fun yet again. Pity really. And here I thought this conclave had potential and possibilities, but I guess this proves to me that I am not always correct in my assumptions. Such a good thing to be reminded of, that. Keeps one humble and hungry as it were.

*In character, via vox*

Brother, do you not think that the exposure of a known heretic among our number is a good outcome? It is only by such occurences that the Inquisition manages to police itself.

GhostLegion Posted Today, 03:54 AM

(*in character*)

Well now, it appears that I managed to miss all the fun yet again. Pity really. And here I thought this conclave had potential and possibilities, but I guess this proves to me that I am not always correct in my assumptions. Such a good thing to be reminded of, that. Keeps one humble and hungry as it were.

*In character, via vox*

Brother, do you not think that the exposure of a known heretic among our number is a good outcome? It is only by such occurences that the Inquisition manages to police itself.

*IC, over Land Raider vox*

"In a way, it reminds us that we are not immune to corruptions and lies of chaos or Xenos, just more aware of them" (OOC:William of course)

QUOTE (Grand Master Tyrak @ Dec 7 2008, 09:02 AM)

Seeing as no-one else has mentioned having a warp-capable ship of their own, do you all want to use mine, before I do a runner after Basavriuk?

*out of character*

well, my character has a strike cruiser, on lone from the grey knights

Well, he can, but he's better off doing that with the Navy - mucking about with your Chamber Militant relationship isn't going to do wonders for your authority.

On the other hand, if you man up and start using daemonhosts like a real inquisitor, who cares what the Chamber Militant thinks anyway? :P

I'll go over the numbers, but if that Inquisitor can summon a half dozen beings capable of consuming the souls of an entire world without even having to fully open their blank eyes, I'm pretty sure he's registering at least 7.5 on the badass scale, especially if he's also toting some thrice-cursed weapon of super-awesomeness, incorporating the bound essence of a daemon king.

Plus, who knows what he's doing in that attic? Poring over grandma's old yearbook, or maybe learning a new way to turn a man inside out through his nostrils with the help of the Immaterium?

What happens if they want it back? :P

lets just say its on "extended lone", which means (in game terms) the ship was damaged so much, the grey knights couldnt use it, so I borrowed/took/bought it from them (being an Inquisitor meens that they can't say no :P )

QUOTE (Shunch @ Dec 7 2008, 08:34 PM)

May the most badass win.

Here here! *raises glass*

now thats what I'm talking about ;) :rolleyes: B) B)

(IC)

Inquisitor Pyykkönen dusted herself off and turned towards the door. As she began to leave the chamber she noticed one of her retinue, Explicator William waiting for her. He began speaking once she got closer.

"My lady, Kenneth reports that he has contacted the Admiral, the fleet is ready to leave but is awaiting your arrival. He is currently making preparations for transport to the Cavalier. I've taken the liberty of tracking the last known heading of the creature which attacked, as well as a few projected hiding locations it may have gone to. Would you like your Land Raider prepped for pursuit?"

"No William, I'm not pursuing the daemonhost." Nicole shook her head as she took stock of the activities within the ruined chamber. She noticed her own Chiurgeons moving about the chamber tending the wounded and dying. They must have arrived with William. "There are already several Inquisitors adjusting their itinerary to pursue the heretic and his servant, I am sure that if my aid is required they will contact me. I see no reason to alter our travel itinerary if our assistance is not required. We have our own heretics to look after, after all. In addition I would rather consult with Brother-Captain Kyris and his terminators before making any attempt of pursuit of a daemonhost and it's commanding heretic, and he is aboard the Cavalier."

"Of course, my lady." William stood near his Inquisitor, the fading light reflecting of his several bionic enhancements, mute testimony to the hazards Nicole and her servants regularly faced in their avid pursuit of dangerous witches and sorcerors. Nicole turned her head towards William, "Don't worry, William. We will leave as soon as the Chiurgeons have finished assisting the wounded. I will inform the Brother-Captain was has transpired here and consider our next course of action once we are in orbit."

(OOC)

A roleplay thread would be interesting, however if I were to participate it should be noted I have very limited internet accesibility at the moment. I wouldn't be available to be a major player as much as would be truely appropriate. However if my aid is needed I will do what I can.

well seeing as this is the starter thread I'll justify what my inquisitor has here and explain why he has it

Philosophy

Stanislaus is a non affiliated inquisitor, however his view would ostracize him from any he joined most likely. To put it simply Stanislaus prefers to not simply run around killing heretics but also gathering resources to do so, and will hardly ever not stop to gather a suitably choice piece. The fact that he is willing to protect those that have contracts with him from other inquisitors even when not using them has kept many of the imperial guard regiments that served under him unswervingly loyal as that a kind inquisitor looking over your back is just about the best thing since ciaphas cain.

Stanislaus is also willing to overstep his jurisdiction in order to gain weight and favors with organizations. Like the time he acted as an inspector for a forge world when the magos originally sent was last in the warp. upon finding that they used innovation and not chaos Stanislaus declared them free of taint and saved them from being purged. In return for his protection the forge world < > has promised him one tenth of its total production capabilities. However no other forge world is willing to give him even the rust from their scrap now.

Ship

Stanislaus uses the chapter ship of the Mystics as his own. Meant to carry an entire chapter it is probably one of the largest ships in the command of an inquisitor. This suits Stanislaus even with the extreme modifications done by the tech priests of < > that sacrificed it's mobility for larger capacity, heavier armor, and more guns the Magni still serves true to the needs placed upon it.

Standing

It is rare the as an Inquisitor Stanislaus can call upon so many resources. Many Inquisitors would love to see him tied up with the rank of Inquisitor lord. He wants nothing to do with that rank though. On policy Stanislaus is viewed as being moderate mainly, trusting those that have proven worthy and destroying any chaos manifestations that come his way. He has managed to avoid being labeled as a radical also.

Troops (total can't all be transported in the same ship)

One regiment of each type of death world

roughly 25 Space marines (last of the mystics chapter)

up to a fifty Grey Knight strike force

150 personal storm troopers

Two warhound titans

one baneblade

one eversore assassin

..upon finding that they used innovation and not chaos Stanislaus declared them free of taint and saved them from being purged. In return for his protection the forge world < > has promised him one tenth of its total production capabilities. However no other forge world is willing to give him even the rust from their scrap now.

Uhh, yeah. That's an impressive list of shiney stuff for sure. He wouldn't even need the damn rust.

10% from a Forge World is a darned <DELETED BY THE INQUISITION>- load of stuff.

Take the GDP from the US $13.13 trillion (2006 est.)

10 Percent of that would be 1.3 Trillion Bucks. Just for you.

Alright, my Logic may be fallible, we're talking 40k here and there are a couple of more Forge Worlds around.

I'm just saying your guy will most likely be one of the richest happy Inquisitors around.

I assume it's 10% every Year/Cycle as well. Horray to the Jackpot, baby :)

Man, I'm glad my guy is just a small fish in the pond. I think I'd buy him the <Deleted by the =][=> biggest paradise planet in the Universe

with that kind of cash.

Ship

Stanislaus uses the chapter ship of the Mystics as his own. Meant to carry an entire chapter it is probably one of the largest ships in the command of an inquisitor. This suits Stanislaus even with the extreme modifications done by the tech priests of < > that sacrificed it's mobility for larger capacity, heavier armor, and more guns the Magni still serves true to the needs placed upon it.

Standing

It is rare the as an Inquisitor Stanislaus can call upon so many resources. Many Inquisitors would love to see him tied up with the rank of Inquisitor lord. He wants nothing to do with that rank though. On policy Stanislaus is viewed as being moderate mainly, trusting those that have proven worthy and destroying any chaos manifestations that come his way. He has managed to avoid being labeled as a radical also.

Troops (total can't all be transported in the same ship)

One regiment of each type of death world

roughly 25 Space marines (last of the mystics chapter)

up to a fifty Grey Knight strike force

150 personal storm troopers

Two warhound titans

one baneblade

one eversore assassin

This thread has no rules I think as of what to bring to the fight, so I think that's cool. I think it's a bit megalomaniacal however xD.

But there's nothing wrong about Big Guns, brin 'em.

I know my guys has none of his own, he values his freedom. All these lackey do sure tie you up. B)

Also, I'm so thinking of -EPIC 40k- right now. You make this sound like a real-time strategy game :D

Reading this, maybe I should've joined up with you, not with Nicole (JK, Boss, I <3 NicolePykonnen)

Anyway, this sounds like Stanislaus will bring troops that do NOT play nice and when they show, there's gonna be some major pain.

Which is cool, since it will bring heavy action into the thread.

I think I'll have Crown find an old bunker and weather it out, play tic-tac-toe with his one aide so far. Just beam him up please, someone, when you call Exterminatus, alright? Nicole? *scans sky hopefully*

upon finding that they used innovation and not chaos Stanislaus declared them free of taint and saved them from being purged.

Problem: Innovation = tech-heresy. I'm serious.

It may not be chaos taint but the AdMech is still going to purge that forgeworld. Also under the Treaty of Mars the AdMech has autonomy to run its own affairs. In practice this means Inquisitors have to ask nicely before sniffing around a forgeworld.

Archived