[Artwork] 'Libris Primaris'

• 2 years later...

I just got this in my Deviantwatch, and I thought I would share. Please note that this IS NOT MY WORK.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/314...f46-d5kjarn.jpg

'From "The First Heretic":

Lorgar

Edited by Brother Tyler
Hot-linked image turned into a link.

That would be Aerion's work.

If it's the art used on the B&C playing cards, i'm surprised to see it though. I had asked about them before and got this response:

This is on purpose. The artwork was paid for as a special gift to the moderators at the time it was done. We decided (along with Aerion) to not make the card art public.

Is he doing another round of them?

Edited by EPK

The card deck was other artwork, not depicting Primarchs. The Primarch series was a project Aerion started quite a few years ago and this is just another version of Lorgar :P

The card deck was other artwork, not depicting Primarchs. The Primarch series was a project Aerion started quite a few years ago and this is just another version of Lorgar :P

Ooooh right, the card artwork was the actual Mod's avatars. Completely forgot. And not that you said it, i do remember the Primarch thread - someone should did that up and link it here.

I also love his work.

Edited by EPK

Salutations, brothers!

It's certainly been a LONG time since I've posted in this hallowed halls. Unfortunately, things are most likely going to be that way in the near future, BUT, luckily, I have loyal fans that will be able to post up the last three Primarchs in this 4-year long endeavor.

I only ask the Holy Moderators to forgive this act of threadomancy, but I think it's better to keep the project within these pages and not just open three separate posts. though I bow to your decision!

Thank you all for the support you've all shown me all these years and hopefully the finishing of this project will be as satisfying as all the artwork that has come before.

See you all soon!

Aerion.-

I'm too lazy to go back in to the thread to see who you have made, But If I remember 2 of the 3 not pictured is Guilliman, Curze & ???? Who am I missing here??

He was missing Guilliman Curze & Lorgar (who Aerion did recently), so now it's just Konrad and Rouboute to go.

I only ask the Holy Moderators to forgive this act of threadomancy, but I think it's better to keep the project within these pages and not just open three separate posts. though I
By all means, welcome back Aerion. :whistling:

Brothers,

Thank you very much for the warm welcome!

I certainly miss posting here a lot. B&C was always the best source of fluff-check for me; hopefully, I'll be able to start posting regularly again and maybe update all of the artwork that I've been churning out pertaining the Dark Millenium that hasn't made it to these hallowed halls.

This time around, though and spurred by the client that has so patiently waited four years to see the completion of this project, I bring you yet another of the majestic Primarchs of the Emperor, so we're left with only one more to go. Behold the VIII Legion's leader, the Night haunter himself: Konrad Curze.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d61/aerion_the_faithful/NOCTURNUSOBSSESORIS_v2.jpg

As I said on dA, Curze was a true challenge. Being the most obscure Primarch of all, I had to convey that sense of foreboding about him that would haunt the nightmares of the Nostramo settlers, but at the same time, imbuing him with the nobility and majesty of his brothers. I believe I have achieved it, to a degree; I'm never sure until others judge the work!

The deep color blue of his artificer armour and his marble-white skin, combined with the blood-soaked lightning claws make for a very horrific image, even though there is technically no gore or graphic bits here. Just the blood. His calm and serene expression, with a frown of pain, adds up to his whole aura of despair at the visions of his doom, represented in the background.

At first, I was going to draw the streets of Nostramo for a backdrop, or even some Night Lords ships, but then I thought using M'Shen would do better justice to the unavoidable last fate of the Night Haunter.

As usual, you'll be the final judges of this piece, which I hope you enjoy as much as you have the others. Now we're down to one last Brother, but perhaps the most important in what would become the Imperium as we know it in the 41st Millenium.

See you all soon, hopefully.

Aerion.-

Holy crap Batman! That's fantastic! Love the way you have interpreted this Primarch. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that the face in the back is M'shen? Also, love love love the way you draw skulls. Very nice and intimidating! Over all, fantastic. What Primarch can we expect to see next?

-Tarvik

I had wondered when we would see more of your work, and the wait has been worth it :D

Your interpretation of Guilliman is going to be interesting to say the least! :)

Salutations once again, brothers!

Firt off, thank you very much for all the kind words on my artwork; it is always my greatest reward to be able to please the hardcore fans of the Dark Millenium with my visions.

As I said elsewhere, today is a joyous day of achievement and, at the same time, somewhat bittersweet too.

For four years, beginning on April 22, 2008, I've been researching and illustrating the mighty Primarchs, the genetically engineered champions and leaders of mankind's legions of Space Marines and The Emperor himself. I've explored their strengths and weaknesses and depicted their homeworlds and cultures, weapons and physical traits. Today, it ends.

Both the client and I always thought it would be fitting to have the Primarch of the XIII Legion be the one to end the series. Why? Because it is him who shaped much of what the Imperium would become in the fabled 41st Millenium. It is his contribution and penning of the Codex Astartes that would give the Space Marines purpose again. The strategist, the warrior, the leader: Roboute Guilliman{/b] of the Ultramarines.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d61/aerion_the_faithful/ULTRA.jpg

There is in this image a deceivingly simple nature to his armour. I could've added a lot of bling and embellishment to it, but I preferred to focus on his stern features and his looking ahead into the future. I preferred to convey triumph and honor, rather than decorations for decorations' sake. It is thus, that with simple and straightforward details, this Primarch wears honors that I only illustrated on The Emperor himself: the halo, the double-headed eagle, the sword resembling the blade of the God-Emperor as well as the laurels. Everything makes us think of this man as a complete hero and saviour, creating the full circle back to mankind's first true saviour and guide.

It's been wonderful to hear all that you had to say about this project. You've seen me grow within these images and helped me carry on this titanic task. You have even graced me with your statements about preferring my vision to the official.

Thank you for your support and here's the living proof that no matter how long it takes me, I always deliver :tu:

And, of course, now that this project is ended I'm open to your suggestions on what I could do to follow this up. I'd certainly love to keep working with the Primarchs and I've a few ideas, but what do you brothers think?

See you soon!

Aerion.-

I adore this interpretation of Guilliman. I was a little worries I would not be a huge fan, as Guilliman is my favorite Primarch, but man, you nailed it. Top notch work. Now, if you don't mind, I will go clean my desk. I seem to have drooled upon it.

-Tarvik

Both the client and I always thought it would be fitting to have the Primarch of the XIII Legion be the one to end the series. Why? Because it is him who shaped much of what the Imperium would become in the fabled 41st Millennium. It is his contribution and penning of the Codex Astartes that would give the Space Marines purpose again. The strategist, the warrior, the leader: Roboute Guilliman of the Ultramarines.

Also the only loyalist primarch still left in the Imperium as of the 41st millennium.

Congratulations to you for finishing the giant project and for the progress we can all see in your artwork. Thank you for sharing it with us; it's highly inspirational, even to those of us like me who couldn't draw to save our lives. My favorites have to be Dorn and Guilliman.