[RP] Verus Imperator Adventum

Shunch

OCC

Tyrak's pacing is slower and more monotonous. He tends to get annoyed when people waste his time, which actually includes anything but the most brief pleasantries. So don't be surprised if he's not best pleased you've disturbed him from his interrogation.

Talk Block! ;)

IC

"I wished to find out what brings you to such a mundane planet. All I am here to do is catalog the ruins then leave, surely it is a task only one inquisitor is needed for. So the question is why would multiple inquisitors be sent to preform such a simple job? Why instead of mass manpower to complete the task they have brought only their retinues and some extra firepower. And why is a second team of inquisitors coming to help without me being notified of their arrival?" Stanislaus asked sharply looking directly at Tyrak.

IC: "No, all i know is that the traitor is hiding in the jungle, my plan wasto head to the place wherethe jamming was the worst, andhope to find him there" Inquisitor James commented.

Ryas examined the map. "I doubt he'll be there but the jamming needs to be destroyed in any case. With my Starhawk we can at least get somewhat closer, maybe start a few fires."

"What about the trees?" Somebody asked, Ryas didn't waste his time trying to determine who.

"I crashed into an oak forest once, landing jets just cut out."

"And?"

"I used the wood to refurnish the Starhawk. When you have a ship that weighs close to 6'000 tonnes mere trees don't really worry me."

*In character*

"I wished to find out what brings you to such a mundane planet. All I am here to do is catalog the ruins then leave, surely it is a task only one inquisitor is needed for. So the question is why would multiple inquisitors be sent to preform such a simple job? Why instead of mass manpower to complete the task they have brought only their retinues and some extra firepower. And why is a second team of inquisitors coming to help without me being notified of their arrival?" Stanislaus asked sharply looking directly at Tyrak.

"You are not aware of our reasons for being here?"

Tyrak looked warily at Stanislaus.

"At a recent conclave, I convicted Inquisitor Basavriuk of heresy and warpcraft. At the passing of sentence, he summoned a daemon to facilitate his escape, killing in excess of 30 Inquisitorial operatives. I managed to take off his right arm with bolt shot, but was prevented from further pursuit by . . . unforeseen complications. I am leading the cell to track down and execute Basavriuk, he was last tracked to this planet. We have already fought and defeated one of his foul creations, and were attacked by some of his cultists when we first attempted to make planetfall. Two prisoners were taken, one has already been interrogated by Inquisitor James."

Tyrak stopped pacing and faced Stanislaus.

"The fact that you are not aware of our purpose is frankly suspicious. As such, those suspicions must be allayed."

From under his coat Tyrak swiftly drew his bolter and pointed it firmly at Stanislaus. Tyrak's men fanned out, aiming their weapons at Stanislaus' men, who in turn raised their own weapons. Menial servitors in the landing bay turned from their tasks, combat implements extending from their arms.

"I am taking you into custody, Inquisitor Stanislaus, along with your men, until I can ascertain exactly what your part in this is. Please order your men to drop their weapons, assuming all goes well they will be returned to them at a later date. Cooperate fully, and I will not have to resort to violence or interrogation. You will be confined to quarters, rather than a cell. You may keep your rosette."

Tyrak's ice-blue eyes matched Stanislaus' stare.

"I'm sure you understand."

*Out of character*

Sorry ripath, dangerous times and all that.

OOC:

Boy am I glad I was here for the Start of this little Venture.

On another note, is it just me or is that going a little fast in it pacing. I really like to interact a little more. No offence to others but their seems to be very little of this going on. I really want to contribute but I almost feel locked out of it all.

On another note, is it just me or is that going a little fast in it pacing. I really like to interact a little more. No offence to others but their seems to be very little of this going on. I really want to contribute but I almost feel locked out of it all.

Yeah, I'm trying to slow the pace a little. Bear in mind Shunch is the one who controls what we find (since he's the only one who knows what there is to find), so maybe PM him. This is the Inquisition, some detective work wouldn't go amiss.

---low Orbit---

The men had all geared up and were waiting for insertion on the planet’s surface.

The descend had been going on steadily and without problems. No planetary defense fire, no missiles, no flying beasts had tried to down the vessel.

With a hiss, the ornate helmet of his armor, sculpted as a fearsome beast of legends long forgotten, clicked into place, sealing his armor. Polarion had donned her Kasrkin equipment and was standing near him, keeping a watchful eye on the planet that rapidly became more visible as their landing craft soared towards the surface. Pykönnen had not yet made it clear what her plan was – but the Inquisitor did not deem it important: Emperor willing, they would meet with success. They were armed well enough to survive a medium to heavy skirmish. Crown used the few precious moments left before he would have refocus on the mission again to let his thoughts flow. Gabriel preferred small groups to larger armies. It was more personal to him. The Inquisitor understood the nature of personal combat – his own resolve and spiritual integrity being constantly tested by forces he willingly or unwillingly sought to combat and understood, the Cadian had learned how to form will into a hammer or a scalpel, adapting to the situation at hand. If there was one fight in the universe worth dying for, than it was the one the Inquisition had been fighting for thousands of years - and would keep fighting for eternity. A Xanithe had learned and understood that this was a fight against a foe that would never cease to exist. But instead of facing this foe stubbornly, armed with the blessed ignorance of a purely devout follower of the emperor, it was sometimes better to glean understanding, even if rudimentary, of the foe you were about to face. A heretical approach, for sure. But also an efficient one. If it was not efficient, there would be no Xantithes. Above all things, the Inquisition worked. And it worked well. The rumbling crackling of a vox interrupted his thoughts. It was Polarian’s voice.

“My targeter says we’re approaching the LZ. ETA in 2, Sir.”

“Then this is it. May the Emperor bless us.”

He turned his vox into the general comm-frequency of the ship.

“Men and women, sons and daughters of mankind, we are about to embark on this planet under Inquisitorial Authority. I expect each and every one of you do his part as a human and as a member of this strike force. Never forget that we act in the name of the Emperor and that we are blessed by divine mandate and absolute righteousness. There is no higher authority than our verdict and no more truth than in the just fires of our wrath. In the Emperor’s name, let’s do this.”

Nicole sat aboard the Valkyrie Lenneth, glancing over at Gabriel and Polarion. They were conducting themselves well, but that was to be expected. With them were the two assassins, Celia and Lede, and her own retinue: Kenneth, William, Sister Helena, her servo skull, and Bosco. The other Valkyries held a squad of Stormtroopers each; Sergeant Figaro and squad 609 (carrying two grenade launchers) was aboard Silmeria while Sergeant Anderson and squad 501 (carrying two meltaguns) was aboard Hrist.

She remembered the various mini-briefings she had given before everyone had loaded into their transports. The scene came back into her mind as she went over her plans in her head...

"Alright, playtime is over gentlemen." She had walked into the cargo bay, catching the last words of playful bantering between the troopers and Polarion. She had faith that Sergeant Figaro would take care of anything before it got out of line. He didn't disappoint her trust. "Alright boys, you heard the Lady! Get your lazy butts into line and stand at attention before I decide you actually belong in dresses serving tea to actual servants of the Emperor! Come on now, move move move!" His deep bass voice carried across the entire hold in the manner only a drill sergeant could produce.

Franklin "Frankie Figgs" Figaro was a large black man, his head shaved for easier care in combat zones. Cadian by birth but obviously of offworld blood, he had worked twice as hard for half the respect as some of the natives. He was one of the few men that had served with her brother in the Kasrkin that was still alive. When she had decided she would be better served by having a few squads of Stormtroopers she could trust and needed a NCO (non-commissioned officer) as a go-between to supervise said Stormtroopers, she had sent Colonel Pyykkönen a letter, and he had sent her a recommendation. Meeting the Sergeant and seeing him in action on the training field was all that she needed to requisition his services for the Inquisition.

"Thank you, Sergeant." Nicole addressed Frankie with a nod before continuing. "Our pilots and I have gone over the following approach plan that I am now informing you of. We will be leaving the warp on the outermost edges of our target system. The pilots will determine the location of any local vessals at that point and aim to keep as many planets and moons between us and any other ships so as to create the most sensor blind spots as possible. We will be going in on the bare minimum activated systems as possible, this will be a dark and silent run. Once we are close enough to the planet the pilots will re-activate the appropriate systems to enter into the atmosphere, where the Valkyries will drop us onto the planet. We will pick a landing zone once we reach the atmosphere. The Valkyries will provide any needed fire support for our insertion, then return to the transport. The transport at that point will return into orbit and hide itself as best as possible among the moons and asteroids of the system until it is time to retrieve us. If it comes under fire it will exit the system, returning to the Cavalier. We will be on our own until our mission is complete. You will note there are extended supplies carried in the Valkyries. Squad 609 will be aboard Silmeria, squad 501 aboard Hrist, and everyone else with me aboard Lenneth. Squad 609 will secure the landing area, followed by 501, and my team under cover from the Valkyries. Further instructions will be provided when they are necessary. Make yourselves ready. Dismissed."

"Alright, you heard her now go and get your gear packed and ready! We're moving out so don't get comfortable and if I find out a single one of you leaves so much as a sock on this ship you'll be wearing a pink tutu of shame for a month! I don't care if it's a jungle down there, you'll be wearing it in the field so all of the heretics know what a girly pantywaste you are!" He paused as the troopers hopped to their duties to look at Nicole and Polarion, "Er, no offense meant sir, sergeant."

"None taken, Sergeant, carry on." Nicole chuckled as she went about her own preparations. Her brother had recommended well.

... Nicole was brought back to attention by chatter over the comm from the cockpit.

"We've entered the atmosphere. Angels deploying in five.. four.. three.. two.. one.. go." A slight lurch as the Valkyrie left the transport and it's own engines came online, and they were in flight.

"Roger, Lenneth deployed."

"Silmeria deployed."

"Hrist deployed."

"All Angels are deployed, pleasant hunting Inquisitor."

Nicole worked her way to the cockpit and looked over the pilots instruments and scanners. "There," she pointed. "See the smoke rising on the eastern horizon? Take us down about 16 kilometers* from there."

"Right away, Inquisitor. All Angels, mark our current objective and prepare for drop off."

Nicole smiled grimly and worked her psychic talents to attempt to mask herself and Inquisitor Crown. "We're coming for you, Basavriuk..."

Edit: *16 km (kilometers) = approximately 10 miles

Edit 2: fixed a couple of typos

**OOC**

Precisely why I haven't posted in three days - I want stuff to go a bit slower, and let everyone fully take in and develop the story. Seeing as nothing major can happen without me escalating the antagonists' role, I hope that this will be enough to slow the pace. However, I can't do much more than that - this doesn't belong to anyone, and I want all you guys to feel that everything you say and do is just as important as anything else anyone says or does. This belongs to everyone.

Also, I have already concocted a bit of a plan, but I'm going to start hinging everything I do off of what you guys do - that way, the story won't move faster than the characters, and everyone can get a word in before the apocalypse.

All in all, we SHOULD try and slow it down a bit. Drink in the story and enjoy yourselves. Stop and smell the burning heretics.

OOC

Seeing as nothing major can happen without me escalating the antagonists' role

Watch me

IC

Stanislaus looked directly at Tyrak. "You and your men must leave this place. you will not find what you seek here." Turning Stanislaus started walking towards the thunderhawks. Hearing the sound of a bolt pistol being cocked prompted a different response. "Wade." The lights exploded and smoke filled the landing bay. A monster ran throughout Tyrak's stunned men, gun shots rang out against bulkheads, and men screamed. The thunderhawks engines roared to life as the pilot gunned it out of the bay after laying an unusual surprise that would jam the Comms system of the ship long enough for Stanislaus to get away. Surprisingly when the smoked cleared there were no casualties among Tyrak and his guards besides a few bruises. Like an after thought a piece of paper drifted down in front of Tyrak, it stated simply: Leave while you still can.

OOC

Wade is Stanislaus' eversore assassin who had stayed in the thunderhawk if your confused Tyrak.

Watch me

IC

Stanislaus looked directly at Tyrak. "You and your men must leave this place. you will not find what you seek here." Turning Stanislaus started walking towards the thunderhawks. Hearing the sound of a bolt pistol being cocked prompted a different response. "Wade." The lights exploded and smoke filled the landing bay. A monster ran throughout Tyrak's stunned men, gun shots rang out against bulkheads, and men screamed. The thunderhawks engines roared to life as the pilot gunned it out of the bay after laying an unusual surprise that would jam the Comms system of the ship long enough for Stanislaus to get away. Surprisingly when the smoked cleared there were no casualties among Tyrak and his guards besides a few bruises. Like an after thought a piece of paper drifted down in front of Tyrak, it stated simply: Leave while you still can.

OOC

Wade is Stanislaus' eversore assassin who had stayed in the thunderhawk if your confused Tyrak.

Oh snap!

Applause for taking your own direction. Also, you've just thrown in a whole new level to the story. In the interest of slowing down, as it seems it is generally desired, will you take some time to maybe explain yourself, exchange some angry comms, etc? Now you've got your own little story going on, so I've got no control.

I hope you didn't see what I said as a challenge or an insult or anything - just try to keep the speed of your story roughly the same as the speed of everyone else's, at least until it makes full circle. Plus, I can hardly wait for Tyrak's response. It's important to know guys; I really, really, really don't want to be the deciding factor in this story. I want everyone to determine the direction it moves in, not be slaves to how I react.

One gold star for Stanislaus!

*In character*

Tyrak stared grimly at the comms jammer on the deck of the landing bay. He picked it up and handed it to a servitor.

"Void it."

Knowing the inter-ship vox would be disrupted he concentrated on Hayes' mind up on the bridge, calming himself for the telepathic message.

++ Hayes. As soon as the comms are back up send this message in the clear to all ships and all Conclave Inquisitors.

"Inquisitor Stanislaus has violated the authority of the Conclave to conduct its investigations, being fully aware of our circumstances, and has attempted to impede our investigations despite being aware of the neccessity of his full cooperation. He is hereby declared in carta extremis, and has three days to present himself before a panel of 3 Inquisitors chaired by myself to explain his actions. If he does not, or if he offers any further violence against the Conclave, he will be considered to have thrown his lot in with Basavriuk and be declared Diabolus and Excommunicate Traitoris.

Witnessed and given here by my authority: Inquisitor Tyrak, Ordo Malleus. Transmission ends"

Send that message as soon as possible Hayes. ++

Tyrak felt anger rise in his throat, and stiffened, then relaxed, muttering under his breath,

"Control . . . retain control. Calm."

It seemed as though this rift Basavriuk had caused was having wider repercussions than anticipated. He would have to sit back and re-plan. Turning, Tyrak swept from the bridge and headed for his chambers.

*Out of character*

Tyrak is not a happy bunny . . .

BTW its always a Bolter, not a Bolt Pistol. That only happens if Tyrak's just lost his Bolter.

Your Eversor has a name? I'm not sure I'd want to know one well enought to warrant first names.

The troopers had disembarked flawlessy, they were well trained. Before the valkyrie had touched down, half of them had already left the transport and scrambled to the LZ, looking for cover and scanning the area. Crown had heard no comm-chatter. Either they were good enough to coordinate blindly or they were using a secure channel. He was impressed with both. Pykönnen had good men. Cadians at that. He was not concerned that he had not been included in the frequency. It was not his unit. He’d have to earn Pykönnen’s trust. Polarion nimbly hopped out of the Lenneth and fluently lowered herself on her right knee, bringing her cannon upward in perfectly drilled movements. Gabriel himself followed her, but choose a more valiant introduction to this forsaken planet. Trusting in the Emperor and in the protection of his artificer armor, he confidently strode out the Valkyrie and inspected the LZ for all to see, then unhurriedly checked the white-golden psycannon mounted on his left arm. It looked rather peaceful, the jungle invitingly stretching out around them. The sounds would have sounded eerie, but none of the troopers or officers here was going to be hindered by that. They had seen much worse. Pykönnen and her retinue left the Valkyrie after him, as smoothly and graceful as Pykonnen had.

“You should not leave yourself unprotected, Inquisitor.”

Polarion’s voice sounded protective.

“Oh, I am not. The Emperor protects. And you to too, don’t you Sergeant.”

“I won’t let you down, Sir.”

A voice full orf resolve and loyalty. He decided to reward this with something nice.

“I know. I trust you.”

Polarion didn’t answer, but he was sure his reply had the intended effect. A moment afterwards, Polarion rose up and scuttled toward a nearby wood. Gabriel did the same.

“The smoke came from South-southwest, coordinates are on my hud.”

“We’ll move with the rest of the force and take the left flank. Wait for Pykönnen’s orders, as I’ve been tasked to help her.”

“Affirmative.”

OOC

Your Eversor has a name? I'm not sure I'd want to know one well enought to warrant first names.

"NANANANANANANANANANA DOOM RIDER! HELL YEAH!"

"Wade get in the thunderhawk." Stanislaus said over the ships laud speakers.

"Hey I'm busy here, And you can't tell me that you wouldn't tap her like the righteous fist of the emperor." Wade replied now pointing at a female menial bending over to finish removing the thunderhawks mooring bolts. Stanislaus made a small mental nudge into the female menial's mind and waited for three sounds, first the sound of the twenty pound wrench she had used hitting Wade in the face, second the sound of an eversore hitting the deck unconscious, and third any sound without Wade talking. To him they were all good sounds.

Wade is ... special. Lets leave it at that. One gold star to the person that can figure out who he is based off of.

OOC

nope. Here is a hint: the character was created by marvel and frequently has dealings with a white haired man.

IC

Walking into his own hanger bay Stanislaus wondered how Tyrak was fairing with his. Greeted by Lt. La Faire and Chaplain Folkvar Stanislaus wasn’t surprised. “Welcome back Sir>” Said La Faire whilst saluting.

“Inquisitor Stanislaus.” Was all the chaplain said.

“So I take it that that Stigg found objective Bravo.”

“Yes and with your permission the assault squad and I will be deployed.” Said Folkvar.

“Rendezvous with Stigg when you reach planetside. Have the catachan’s found objective alpha La Faire?” Folkvar Called out to the marines behind him to mount in another thunderhawk. It’s cargo space easily accommodated their armored bulk. Getting the all clear from the bridge the pilot took off for the planet’s surface.

“No they are still looking for it.”

“Not surprising.”

“Inquisitor perhaps you should rest for awhile. You look exhausted.”

“Dealing with inquisitors is always exhausting. But I shall find my peace with the Emperor in the chapel instead.” Stanislaus left the hanger bay and headed for the ships chapel.

OOC: Hey all Shunch gave me the all clear to hop on in, so here we go :lol:

IC:

"Hear my cry oh Holy Emperor, guide my path as I remain so far from my Battle Brothers. Allow me to serve in Your name as I do in the name of my Primarch." The short prayer echoed around the spartan room, as the massive figure slowly rose to it's feet and blew out the candle that lay in front of it. Slowly it turned and the light caught it's silver armour before blood red robes silently glided around it. Captain Corvinus of the Guardians of the Covenant slowly placed his ancient helm upon his head once again before drawing the hood of his robes up and over it. As he began strapping his weapons to his armour he reflected upon his current circumstances, and wondered how much longer it would be until he was returned to his Chapter as promised. As he gripped his chainsword in his right hand he let the light play upon the intricate blessings inscribed on the golden casing, finally stepping out of his chambers he proceeded to the lower launch bays.

As he arrived he glanced at the flurry of activity around him momentarily before stepping towards an Aquila Lander nearby, "Prepare the vessel for departure immediately, I wish to be upon the surface as soon as is possible." The captain of the lander nodded and headed into the cockpit as Corvinus stepped aboard the vessel. The doors closed behind him as he strapped himself into a chair and repeated a short prayer to the Emperor as he checked over his equipment one last time, his plasma pistol was at maximum capacity and hummed slightly in his grip. His chainsword was of an antiquated design but had been a symbol of his company since his chapters founding, his armour however was ancient beyond most others scope, artificer armour of the Mark Five variant, lovingly upgraded with custom armour plating and a small neck brace to protect the vulnerable neck joint. His armour still retained the studded shoulder and legs that marked this suit out as a symbol of the Space Marines ancient heritage.

He felt the lander slowly pull out of the bay and tear towards the planets surface away from the Dauntless class cruiser Unyielding Faith and with a final muttered prayer prepared to touch down on the planets surface at the secured landing zone.

*OOC*

Regrettably, I find my circumstances have changed and I no longer have the slack time to advance the adventures of Medronicus any further. To this end, I plan to issue one final action set.

If we're still playing over the Christmas break, depending on how much game time has elapsed, Edward von Orlock may put in an appearance. Actually, I'd be greatly obliged if people could start timestamping their entries. Maybe if we all agreed on the common datum of day 0 being the first post in the thread, thus, for Medronicus, It'd be day afternoon on Day 2. The zeroth day he finished his survey of the site, on the first he was aboard the Messenger planing the operation. Morning of Day 2 he got ambushed.

*IC* - Afternoon, Mission Day 2

The Valkeries engines protested as the pilot pushed the limits of the craft. It had been a near run escape, for what appeared to be primitive savages, they'd been extraordinarily well armed.

"Medronicus to Messenger, requesting emergency retrieval and prepare for warp jump. Party inbound on ValkOne. Arm Tubes one and two, and plot an attack run over the landing site."

The landing had been disastrous. His vassals had been slaughtered by the dozen. Only by the quick thinking of his pilot and Xems brute force had he managed an escape, ignominiously clinging to the servitors leg as it hung from the aft ramp of the drop ship. Thankfully the Omnimessiah smiled once more upon his servant and his metallic skin had remained impervious to the projectiles employed against him. As far as he would be able to, he'd miss those Skitarii, they'd been loyal to the last and had sold their lives dearly to buy him the few seconds it took to flee. Regretfully, they'd be unable to continue their service as part of his Servo-Skull swarm.

Once he'd regained his ship, it was the adepts plan to bombard the landing site from orbit with torpedoes, and with any luck obliterate any physical trace of the missions failure and prevent any proprietary kit from falling into unauthorized hands. His next course would be to immediately quit the system for the nearby forge-moon of Feole tertius III, where at least he'd be able to put in for new armaments and with luck a new compliment of Marine-Skitarii* During the bombardment he'd have his surviving astropath inform Edward that he'd forgotten to wrap up his affairs on that world, and would expect him to be more careful in the future when designating planets 'Mostly Pacified'.

*OOC*

*Marine-Skitarii wouldn't be Space Marines fighting as Skitarii, but, Skitarii specially trained to fight from spaceships in the semi-traditional sense of the word. Much in the same way that the Imperial Navy has Marines, but they're not 'Space Marines', just Marines in Space.

Marine-Skitarii wouldn't be Space Marines fighting as Skitarii, but, Skitarii specially trained to fight from spaceships in the semi-traditional sense of the word. Much in the same way that the Imperial Navy has Marines, but they're not 'Space Marines', just Marines in Space.

GW calls them "Naval Armsmen" rather than Marines to avoid confusion.

"Inquistor Tyrak, is there some manner is mich I can aid our cause better? While I lent my Stormtroopers to the landing party. I was wondering if there some way I or my two friends can help this investgation better.' asks Donald as Tyrak gets of the Vox unit.

Archived