[RP] Verus Imperator Adventum

Shunch

**OOC**

Hey folks. I seemingly have the flu, so I may not be on regularly the next 2-3 days, but I'll try to stay in the know. I'm sure you guys will be able to carry on the story through my temporary absence, especially with Stanislaus' recent actions. By the weekend, I'm sure I'll be feeling well enough to be back to my normal schedule. I'll also be active during Christmas break (I think).

As for Orlock's time stamping deal, I think that's a fine idea. I'll work out a little time system for us to preface our in-character posts with, which I will add to the first post. Right now though, my head aching something awful, so I don't think its best to do any thinking.

Hope you lot feel better than me,

Shunch

*In Character*

+Day 2+

Captain Hajime Posted Yesterday, 04:32 PM

"Inquistor Tyrak, is there some manner is mich I can aid our cause better? While I lent my Stormtroopers to the landing party. I was wondering if there some way I or my two friends can help this investgation better.' asks Donald as Hayes gets of the Vox unit.

Tyrak glared at the vox-unit from his seat, huddled in his coat and perched on the edge of the Captain's chair like a vulture from ancient Terra. Hayes, being the officer of the watch, moved smoothly to answer it.

"My apologies, Inquisitor. Tyrak is currently unavailable, he likes to work alone and will probably catching some rest. He's on duty for the morning watch when the prisoner needs interrogating. I'm sure you will be able to find something to do, the facilities made available to you when you arrived are still open for your use. Why not catch some rest yourself?"

By the time he had finished speaking Tyrak had slipped silently down the passage to his chambers in the bowels of the ship. No telling whether Mallard would come up to the command deck to talk to Hayes in person.

His chambers were cold, despite the proximity of the engines, just as he liked. The deck vibrated with the comforting throb of the engines. Tyrak stood in the doorway and glanced around to make sure everything was as he left it. Ahead of him his bed stood against the far wall, clean sheets stark against the gunmetal grey bulkhead. Beyond the far end of the bed a door was set into the wall, leading to Tyrak's private library.

To the right the wall was bare, and in front of it, on a polished wood table, was a pict-caster, set to cast onto the blank wall.

To the left, his desk stood against the wall, by far the busiest area of his chambers. It was cluttered with books, papers and dataslates, along with various writing implements and, at the back, a stand for Tyrak's sword, bolter, naval pistol and rosette. In the left corner of the desk, a phonograph rested, dormant.

To the right of the desk, in the corner, hung Tyrak's dark blue Naval Dress Uniform.

To the left, in that corner, stood an empty stand for Tyrak's armour.

Above the desk was nailed a wood plaque engraved with the Navy Officer's motto, "Watch and be Sober", and under the desk lay Tyrak's Familiar, the Cyber-Mastiff Rex, curled up and deactivated.

Tyrak closed the door quietly behind him, revealing the pegs on the back of the door, one with standard dark blue Naval fatigues hanging from it. On the back of the door, under the pegs, was emblazoned his personal crest, as tradition dicatated using the dark blue and white colouring of the noble House Carpinius, a member of which had adopted him back on the Endurance. He hung his coat on the second peg, and tossed his cap lightly onto the bed.

"Finally", he thought, "A chance to get out of this armour." He unclipped his sword and guns, placing them on their stands, and retrieved his rosette from his jacket pocket, putting it on the desk. Stripping out of his armour, he replaced it with his standard Naval fatigues and sat down at his desk.

Sifting through the debris on his desk, he eventually located his liquid-crystal Tarot card deck, a gift from House Carpinius upon his gaining full Inquisitorial status in the Ordo Malleus.

"Thee I invoke, oh our Emperor, that thou wilt infuse these cards this hour; that thereby I may obtain true insight of things hidden, to thy glory and to the salvation of humanity", he muttered under his breath, and picked the first card. Soon seventeen cards lay face down, two inside a circle of five, inside a circle of ten. A complex reading.

He drew a card for the signifier, opening his dark blue covered notebook as he did so.

The Inquisitor. The picture shifted, the armoured man changing to resemble Tyrak's face.

"Ah. Myself, my signifier. So, this reading relates to me or events around me or in which I am involved.", he muttered, placing it back in the deck.

He scribbled it down. First card, in the centre.

The Starship. The form changed.

"Not the Firebird, too large for that . . . battleship? Yes, Emperor Class."

That went in the notebook too. Looking back at the card, Tyrak noticed the ship seemed familiar. He looked closer. It was familiar.

"Domine Canis," he breathed. Why would Admiral Cyrus' ship appear in the Tarot?

He flipped over the second central card.

"The Nova, facing away."

The picture changed. It seemed to show not an explosion, but the disintegration of a large asteroid. Tyrak could see vague outlines of machinery built into it.

"An Ork Rok? A pirate base? Hmm. In the future."

He turned over the cards in the second circle.

"The Fabricator, the Inquisitor again, placed together, both facing away. The Angel Primarch, facing towards, and the Judge, facing away. Unusual. The Traitor, facing towards."

Tyrak turned to the outer eight.

"Above the Traitor, the Savage and the Harlequin . . " Tyrak went pale at the sight of the Harlequin card, but continued nonetheless. "The Savage faces towards, but the Harlequin faces away".

"The Judge precedes the Warp, Judge being Mandatio makes it blessed rather than cursed, facing away. And the Assassin too, facing towards."

Tyrak frowned. Maybe he should have attempted a basic reading.

"The Fabricator precedes the Fallen Citadel, facing away and the Space Marine, facing towards. The intervention of the Astartes, that should be good, there's no Discordia nearby. A Astartes/Mechanicum alliance?"

"The Inquisitor precedes the Falling Star, facing towards, and the Daemon, facing away."

"The Angel Primarch precedes Death, facing towards, and the Palace, facing towards. That could be past, Sanguinius' end in the Great Heresy. A relic of his, here?"

Tyrak leaned back. This would be complicated. Studying the cards he saw that the Savage resembled a renegade human, perhaps a pirate. The Harlequin was darkened, showing only the outline of the figure. Something unknown, yet to be revealed. Or even a puppet master - Basavriuk? No, the reading was about him. A traitor on his staff, in the Conclave? The Harlequin faces away, it leads the Traitor on? The Traitor was well-armoured, yet it had a cloak, coat or covering of some sort over the armour (A disguise revealed?), and something near its feet that he couldn't make out.

The Fabricator undoubtedly resembled a Mechanicum representative. With the Fallen Citadel - a great loss? With the Space Marine - retribution? Yes, the Space Marines avenge whatever the Mechanicum has lost. But the Space Marine faces towards. Am I involved in causing the loss? Or do I aid in the retribution? Has Basavriuk taken something from the Mechanicum? Can I expect aid?

The Angel Primarch represents loss and sorrow, caused by Death, obviously. Pointing towards me? My death? A death on my staff, in the Conclave? The Palace? The Death and sorrow is linked to the Imperium? Is it caused by the Imperium, or does it happen to the Imperium? The repurcussions of the defections of an Inquisitor causing great hurt to the Imperium? Basavriuk?

The Inquisitor was not Tyrak, that much was certain. It looked like Hayes. Yes, definitely Hayes. Hayes, as an Inquisitor, suffers great loss and ill-fortune, after banishing a Daemon.

The Judge. Unusual. Facing away, but the Assassin facing towards. The Assassin didn't look like one from the Temples, it looked like another human, well-armoured. Indistinct, but dark-skinned, but holding a Rosette and a Mandate. An Inquisitor, definitely. The finishing move, the scalpel in the dark while the hammer strikes elsewhere? The Judge also has a Mandate, that could represent Imperial Law. The Warp, that's change, blessed because of the Judge, but facing away. The Imperium changes for the better with whatever the Law has sent the Assassin to destroy gone. There must be a traitor in the Conclave.

Tyrak paused. He thought he had reached a conclusion.

"The Navy destroys a pirate base, everything revolved around that. It must be in the past. It must have come from some information I provided Cyrus in the past. The Traitor must be a pirate survivor from there. He comes to the Conclave, but is unknown. His work misdirects the Conclave. Stanislaus? Hayes is promoted destroys a Daemon, but suffers great ill-fortune and maybe a loss, as a result of the Traitor. The Traitor will lead to great sorrow for me, possibly my death, and this will have repercussions in the Imperium. The Traitor also causes a great loss for the Mechanicum, and the combination means the Astartes are sent to retaliate. The force of Imperial Law sends an Inquisitor with them, not me, who will deliver judgment on the Traitor. The removal of the Traitor will be beneficial to the Imperium."

Regardless of the details, the outcome was beneficial to the Imperium. He would have no qualms about promoting Hayes to full Inquisitorial status. The man had been carrying a copy-rosette for some time anyway.

Tyrak placed the cards reverently back in the deck, and headed for the library.

*Out of Character*

I'll edit that quote slightly, its Hayes on the inter-ship vox, Tyrak was making his way to the bridge when the message was sent.

I reckon its about the beginning of Day 2 for Tyrak, but in keeping with his character and background in character references will be using the Naval Watch system. I'll still put the day in the post though. Currently its about 0100 Firebird time. Morning Watch begins 0400.

I don't know about everyone else, but it seems to me you can get so much detail out of a character just by describing the area they live in.

If anyone wishes to have a go at divining what the Tarot is really saying, PM me with your guesses. Suffice to say that all is not as Tyrak seems. What is definite in the card description is right. Everything else, from working to final conclusion is for you to decide. The Angel Primach really does represent loss and sorrow, just so you know, as its definition. BTW Admiral Cyrus is Tyrak's best contact in the Navy, he commands a Segmentum Obscuras reserve fleet. Obviously, the Domine Canis is his flagship. Tyrak isn't too far wrong in some of his assumptions and preliminary conclusions, use some of his ideas for inspiration, but don't feel compelled to follow them. And what he sees the card images to be is correct, there's really not much you can go wrong in there.

Links to where I get my info:

Epic 40k Tarot

Librarium Tarot Article plans

So, ladies and gentlemen, what has the Tarot predicted?

Its all about Tyrak, or those close to him, or his organisation (the Conclave), remember. It woun't have too much impact on your own characters.

The lander gently glided into the atmosphere passing over terrain rapidly before slowing rapidly as it approached the safe landing zone, at the last moment it flared backwards slightly and began to descend. It touched down gently and the whining of it's engines cooling down was the only sound to be heard for a few moments before the hiss of decompression, the hatch opened and a figure stepped out of the transport it's red robes swirling slightly in the wind as it's gaze traveled around the camp. Captain Corvinus slowly observed everything there was to be observed, the ancient and rare autosenses in his helmet were identical to those found in current Tactical Dreadnought Armour and increased the amount of information he could process far beyond that of any other type of power armour. Truth be told he was unsure why he had come down to the planet, however he had felt a strong urging, a need to come here born deep in his soul, and until he found the reason for that disturbance he would not return to the ship. The dark purple glass of his his helmets 'Eyes' swept over everything one last time before he focused on what appeared to be some Inquisitors not far from where his lander had touched down, grunting to himself he began to walk towards them strapping his chainsword to his side and pulling his hood forwards slightly on his helmet underneath his iron halo.

Donald Checks the Vox decieds that no reply is need and makes sure it is off.

"Blasted Why did I bother come on this pursuit, Do one seems to need my old bones"

"Because it what you do, Inquisitor Mallard."

"Yes mr. Palmer, it was a retorical question."

Day 2

0130 TST (Tyrak Standard Time)

Stanislaus slowed down as he approached the large doors of the ships large cathedral. The golden doors portrayed scenes of heretics being smitten by blue armored figures lead by a man in golden armor. “The Emperor.” Stanislaus said to himself. Pushing both doors open Stanislaus stood in the door frame blocking out the light from reaching the inside of the cathedral. Stepping over the threshold he let the doors close behind him and he was shrouded in darkness. At the other end of the sanctuary the statue of the Emperor was bathed in light. Shining like a star in the void of space, the light given off from it illuminated everything surrounding it. Walking forward blindly Stanislaus knew when he had passed the final pew by the time he had been walking even if he couldn’t see it.

“I wonder which you seek truly Inquisitor.” said a deep voice whose owner kept hidden in the darkness. “Is it the light of living, or the darkness of death?”

“One may find peace in both, I wish to rest.” He replied to the inquisitive voice.

“Then what keeps you from the embrace of sleep?”

“My enemies, and the unfinished business I have with them.”

“What burdens you so much that even in the presence of His will you cannot be free without them?”

“The wounds my enemies have sown amongst myself take their toll and prevent me from resting even when not fighting.”

Stepping from his hiding spot the owner of the questioning voice appeared before Stanislaus. “I had heard from La Faire that you made it back from the meeting without injury.” Said the hulking form of a marine.

“One casualty burned beyond recognition. Only the ship log of who went with me allowed identification.”

“So they attacked you? I thought that you had expected that.”

“I did but I gave them a chance for peace.”

“You are becoming weak again. You should have stayed hidden.”

“Except that I am here for them as well. Even though they may think poorly of me they are still imperials. What are you looking for in my mind this time librarian Magnus?”

“The dreams have been plaguing you again.”

“Every night that is why I can’t sleep.”

In Tyrak’s room a noise made the inquisitor turn. Seeing an assassin he immediately reached for his weapons. Leaping with enhanced agility the assassin pushed him away from his weapons rack and put her finger on her lips indicating silence.

“Please do not try to call your guards. I need to speak with you in private about Inquisitor Stanislaus.”

ripath Posted Today, 08:47 PM

In Tyrak’s room a noise made the inquisitor turn. Seeing an assassin he immediately reached for his weapons. Leaping with enhanced agility the assassin pushed him away from his weapons rack and put her finger on her lips indicating silence.

“Please do not try to call your guards. I need to speak with you in private about Inquisitor Stanislaus.”

*In character*

"Why should I call the watch? I detected you at the doorway, much later than normal but detected nonetheless. Your research about me should have told you about my abilities. A psyker's mind is his most dangerous weapon, a Divinator's arguably more so. You did do your research before coming to see me?"

The assassin made no move. Over the vox came the soft ringing of the ship's bell. Three bells.

"Hh. Still, some would have been more unnerved had I not reached for a weapon. Some do not believe I am holding them at weaponpoint unless can see the weapon. Just remind yourself you cannot disarm me. You're no Culexus, I would know. Speak your piece, and then we shall see where this takes us."

*Out of character*

No Tarot guesses? Interesting. :tu:

Day 2, early morning, site of the original Conclave landing, Maeroc IV

Nicole was hidden in the jungle, peering through a borrowed pair of macrobinoculars at the remains of a village. Most of the buildings had been burnt and destroyed, some of them burned still, providing an eerie orange haze through the early morning light.

Various signs of battle and bloodshed were obvious in the streets. Most of the bodies hadn't been moved from where they fell, this told her the battle had been fierce and survivors, if any, had not yet had the time to pick up their lives again, if they ever would. She handed the binoculars back to Sergeant Figaro as she gazed at the scene from where she crouched behind a fallen tree. "Thoughts, Sergeant?"

"Something hit them hard, fast and unexpected. Many of those bodies were shot down in the street, most seemed to be trying to get into the Church there. Whatever attacked though, they didn't have any artillery. All the damage seems to be fire or small arms fire. Most of the bodies don't have any body armor, I'd say it seems like some sort of gang or tribal warfare... small groups, not very organized or well equipped."

Nicole nodded. Kenneth and William were ahead on a scouting mission to the village, they should be able to determine what happened while not making contact. William was specifically trained for this sort of action, and Kenneth had worked on enough Arbites activity to be decently sneaky himself.

It had been a long hike from their initial insertion point through the jungle to the source of the smoke. Nicole had an inkling that the mostly Puritan Conclave would come in fairly obviously, and attract some sort of attention to itself. She was hoping her guess was correct; she would hate to have wasted a day of hiking through rainy jungle on a hunch that proved false. The hike by night would have been longer and more treacherous, so they had taken a break for sleep partway. At least until they understood the local flora and fauna, it was better to be cautious.

Gabriel and Polarion were getting along with the mostly Cadian troops well. Presumably they had missed the company of their fellows in their own Inquisitorial duties. She knew the difference it felt to her when she was lucky enough to get to travel with a Cadian Regiment on Crusades or other military actions, sometimes even an Inquisitor just missed home. Dispite this early comraderie, she could not allow herself to lower her watch of the Xanthite, especially when at least one heretical traitor, Basavriuk, was already on the planet.

Gabriel hadn't yet done anything to create greater suspicion; perhaps she had finally encountered what she had previously assumed was a mythical creature... a Xanthite that didn't require immediate execution for heretical use of the Warp. Xenos knowledge and technology didn't bug her as much as some Puritans, it was Chaos that was the true threat and enemy as far as she was concerned. That was most of the reason she emphasized her research into the Saints of the Ecclesiarchy whenever possible. They were the key to understanding the nature of interaction with the Warp without corruption, as well as leading to greater understanding of the Emperor's Divinity. In a strange sense she was thankful for so many Chaos incursions following the latest Black Crusade, though she could wish all the traitor Marines damned, it did give her lots of opportunity to see and study Warp space-Real space interactions in person.

Nicole raised her head as she heard what sounded like an Avian whistle. Waiting a moment, Kenneth and William reappeared out of the bushes. Bird calls were a trick William had learned in the Cadian 84th, and one that at least Sergeant Figaro had learned from her brother in their days as Kasrkin. It was a subtle means of communication that couldn't be decoded. Unfortunately, Nicole had to rely on her companions to perform it... she had never been able to whistle.

William and Kenneth walked over to her to report their findings. Gabriel and Polarion joined them, as did Sergeants Figaro and Anderson, as well as Sister Helena. Kenneth reported first. "Whoever the attackers were m'lady, they caught the Conclave. Several of the attackers died by bolter shell, those blast marks are very distinctive. The survivors of the town are mostly huddled up in a few of the remaining structures, I didn't question them at all, other than to guess about 80% of the townsfolk died in the attack. I didn't really see any obvious Conclave casualties."

Nicole nodded. She didn't expect any of Tyrak's Conclave to fall to barely armed rabble, but Amalathians always did surprise her upon occasion. She pondered this new information and then looked over at William. "There were some signs of the Conclave moving back to drop ships and leaving the site. They were some tracks of someone being drug, as well as some blood spatters. I would guess they took a captive and are interrogating him elsewhere."

"That would make sense, they obviously are in need of information to plan their activities. Unfortunately that doesn't help us much." Nicole frowned as she pondered.

"No m'lady it doesn't, but they didn't catch everything when they were here." William smiled, a twinkle in his eye showing that he was rather proud of himself. "What didn't they catch?" Nicole querried. Inquisitors were usually fairly thorough, granted the attack may have rushed them.

"Five or six attackers fled the site of the battle. Two were caught by gunfire, one by a grenade, but three escaped into the jungle. Their tracks are faint, but fresh. I'd guess a day, maybe two, though the rain makes it a bit harder to judge. They head off to the North-west and no one has pursued them yet."

Kenneth smiled and patted William on the back. Sergeant Figaro chuckled and nodded to Anderson, the two of them moving over to the men to get them ready. Nicole smiled as well. "Well done, William. We move North-west in pursuit. You two have point. Celia, Lede, protect Kenneth and William until we find our survivors and see what we can learn." The two shadows of the assassins moved after the departing trainees as Nicole readied her own bolter-stake crossbow for the jungle trek. With any luck, they would at least learn who was behind the attack on the Conclave as well as where they were currently holed up. If the Emperor's light shined upon them, they may even catch a garrison in service of Basavriuk.

IC

Day two, the Jungle

The thunderhawk touched down in the jungle, and James stepped out. "lysander, is this where the jamming is strongest?"

"yes, the jamming was strongest in this sector, but we can't pinpoinrt its location,what should me and my men do"

"I think we should search the area for tracks, maybe they will lead us to Basavriuk"

*IC*

Day 2

Early Morning

The Captain gazed at the Inquisitor taking the man in, judging him silently for moments, the wind whipped gently at his robes causing the purity seal on his right shoulder pad to softly flutter. Finally he spoke, his voice given that artificial buzz that came from wearing power armour,

"Greetings my Lord, I know not of this Basavriuk of whom you speak but I assume from the forces gathered here already that he must be a powerful Heretic to draw the forces of the Inquisition in such number."

Captain Corvinus paused momentarily weighing up his next words with care, he knew full well the attitude of the Inquisition when it came to 'Strange Sensations' that drew someone to a place, especially one where there appeared to already be a significant heretical presence.

"I am Captain Corvinus, Commander of the 5th Company of the most devout Guardians of the Covenant. I am on Detachment from my Chapter as of late, I was requested to serve in Inquisitor Lady Umbra's retinue during her recent mission as a translator, since that ended I have been awaiting transport back to my Company. However I felt that I would be more quickly returned to my Brothers if I were to... 'Assist', in your investigations."

The Marine crossed his arms his helmet impassive as he gazed down at the Inquisitor, awaiting his reply.

IC

Day two

Saying nothing the Assassin Pulled an ornate rod from a pouch and pressed a rune on it. Tyrak became blind to the warp. "And I have been a stowaway on a psykers ship for six months. My name is Domino. I was the first assassin assigned to Stanislaus, the one that was abandoned."

*IC*

Day 2

"Very well captain, simply put, Basavriuk is a traitor and a heretic, here." Levinski said, handing the space marine a data-slate. "This contains all the information you need to know."

"I have never heard of this 'Umbra', but that is irrelevent, what forces do you have with you?" He finished, leading the marine towards the large table holding the map of Maeroc IV.

ripath Posted Today, 08:43 AM

IC

Day two

Saying nothing the Assassin Pulled an ornate rod from a pouch and pressed a rune on it. Tyrak became blind to the warp. "And I have been a stowaway on a psykers ship for six months. My name is Domino. I was the first assassin assigned to Stanislaus, the one that was abandoned."

*In character*

"And I have said speak your piece, unless you wish to attempt to sever my limbs in a somewhat futile attempt to completely disarm me."

*Out of character*

Out of interest, how? The Conclave wasn't that long ago, and if it was, you would have had to slip aboard immediately before we left to enter the Warp. Has someone else been reading their Tarot? :)

*IC*

Day 2

The Captain took the data slate and began to look it over in some detail, committing it to memory as he continued to listen to the Inquisitor. He was a little shocked at the blatant heresy that this Inquisitor Basavriuk had committed but were the enemy's of the Emperor not both cunning and sly? They had to be, how else could they survive.

"Aboard my vessel is the rest of my Retinue, they require only my permission to land and they shall join us, I thought it best to check that our presence was allowed before summoning them to join me. Other than my Command squad if I were to be granted access to your communications array then I could get in contact with my Company and have them here within three days depending upon their current position."

Looking down at the map he took in the features of the world he stood upon, he studied it's various intricacies with interest his mind already going over tactical possibilities and possible troop deployment.

"Tell me Lord Inquisitor as to the current disposition of the forces already deployed upon the planet."

*IC*

Day 2

"Several inquisitors have landed here to hunt for Basavriuk, in orbit we have Lord Tyrak and some others I believe, including inquisitor Mallard whos men you see here" Levinski said, gesturing to the 5 stormtroopers who had not joined inquisitor James on his mission. "And on the planet we have myself, my retinue, and inquisitors James and Ryas, both of whom have entered the jungle in an attempt to neutralize the jamming singal that is interfering with our scanners.

Feel free to have the rest of your men land, and I would recommend placing the rest of your company on standby, though I hope their presence will not be required."

IC

Day two 0140

"It is not you that I seek to inhibit Inquisitor lord Tyrak. You should already know by now that Stanislaus too is touched. Did you not see that he wears no armor and carries no weapons? Even though you met only once so far you should be more observant. I use a null rods to prevent prying eyes from seeing what they should not."said Domino. Looking at Tyrak's quizzical look the assassin knew what he was wondering. "How I came to be here is not important, know that I am a callidus and be content with that. Now Inquisitor what do you know of Stanislaus so I know what I can skip?

Day 2

Fulkvar paced inside the thunderhawk, the marines around him standing at attention. “Today is a blessed day in the eyes of the Emperor.” Folkvar paused while looking out of a window at the approaching world. “Can you not taste it? Half a century and finally, the means for our salvation is before us. What Is Today Marines?”

“The Day Of Our Salvation.”

“When Do We Earn Our Salvation?”

“Fighting the enemies of man.”

“Why have we not done so?”

“Because we have been weak and few in number.”

“And what lies at the end of today?

“Death or glory for the Emperor. We shall be remade stronger or perish trying.”

Seeing that the marines knew beyond doubt the importance of the mission at had Folkvar turned to more strategic matters. “The Catachan’s on planet have set up jamming devices around the objective. This should make it harder to find for anyone else tracking us. Everyone except the catachan’s are to be treated as hostiles until proven otherwise. “

“Sir what if we encounter Astartes?” asked a lone voice

“Then the Emperor wishes to test us all the harder. Remember no one but the Mystics chapter can use what is down there, If someone else is trying to take it inquisitor or astartes they are stealing the life from our very selves and through us the Emperor. Show them no mercy.”

ripath Posted Today, 08:59 PM

IC

Day two 0140

"It is not you that I seek to inhibit Inquisitor lord Tyrak. You should already know by now that Stanislaus too is touched. Did you not see that he wears no armor and carries no weapons? Even though you met only once so far you should be more observant. I use a null rods to prevent prying eyes from seeing what they should not."said Domino. Looking at Tyrak's quizzical look the assassin knew what he was wondering. "How I came to be here is not important, know that I am a callidus and be content with that. Now Inquisitor what do you know of Stanislaus so I know what I can skip?

*In character*

"No more than most. He's an Inquisitor, he employs a suitably skilled retinue, has access to a high level of technology with regards to transport, and appears to have his own ship. That is all."

Inside Tyrak was kicking himself for letting the mask slip. No-one should see his reactions, no-one. That would not happen again.

"If you are here to prevent, ah, "prying eyes from seeing what they should not", you've come to the wrong shop. This is the Inquisition, we take the Emperor's light into the darkest places regardless of danger, regardless of cost. Strike one down, and two more will rise in to replace. You can try to hide things from the Inquisition, but you will not succeed."

Tyrak crossed to his desk chair, turned it to face Domino and sat down.

"If you want to conceal something, then you need the Inquisition's cooperation. We have just such a place for fell knowledge, assuming it is too dangerous for even the purest to study. If it is, it will be destroyed. I'm sure we know what I speak of: The Librarium Daemonica, and the Grey Knights who utilise its knowledge. No free-running Radicals using knowledge without sanction."

Tyrak looked at where the Assassin's eyes should logically be, hidden though they were.

"Its no use hiding dangerous knowledge within reach of those who wish to use it for their own ends."

IC

Day two, the jungle

James and his retinue had been searching the jungle for a while, whe James came across something peculiar.

"Lysander, what do you think of this?" asked James, picking up something, and motioning for the captain to come over

"sir, it appears to be a powerpack for a Lasgun, standard Imperial style" Lysander said, looking closely at the power pack

"interesting, I did not know that other Imperials had gotten this far"

"yes, but James, what if its a trap?"

"Good Point Lysander, have the men on full alert"

*IC*

Day 2

The Captain nodded to the Stormtroopers as the Inquisitor gestured at them, listening intently as he explained the current layout of forces and locations. He was already calculating a dozen different plans in his head for where to begin and where to assign his company if they were needed based upon the information that the Inquisitor had provided thus far.

"My Thanks Inquisitor, I will attend to the disposition of my men post haste, Ave Imperator Inquisitor, and may the Emperor guide your Soul."

Tarn turned away and stalked back to his lander where he quickly dialed into the Vox unit that was connected with his mens transport currently holding orbit above his position. He clenched his teeth and whispered a prayer for the souls of his men, praying the Emperor guided them safely to ground.

"Attention Eternal Castigator, bring them in on the landing site, and re patch comms to cast back to the Unyielding Faith."

There was silence for a moment or two before the voice of the transports captain came back strong.

"Yes Brother-Captain, coming in on your position now, Emperor guide us."

Tarn re-centered the Vox units casting array for the location of the 'Faith, and praying that the Machine Spirit would guide his message true began to call out.

"This is Captain Tarn Corvinus to the Unyielding Faith, I have Inquisitorial permission for an immediate message to be sent to the Battle Barge Sword of Fury, message reads, relocate to planet Maeroc IV. Standby in Orbit for full Deployment upon my order."

A return message came through that the authorization was acknowledged and received, the message would be sent with the powerful communications array aboard the mighty vessel. Even as the message came through he had stepped away from the Aquila and signaled for it to clear the area, as it's engines heated up it began to pull away from the surface, however even the sound of it's engines as it cleared the landing area were deafened as a massive shape dropped through the cloud cover. The Eternal Castigator was a Thunderhawk Crusader, it's lines black and silver with the immense plating all over the vessel covered in illuminated script from the Requiem Angelis and the Codex Astartes. In his hearts Captain Corvinus felt a swell of pride and awe as the immense vessel dropped towards the ground spinning slowly to touch down in the appropriate position, even as it's landing gears sank slightly into the ground and the roar of it's three engines slowed down he moved towards the lowering rear doors, standing smartly at attention he heard the first sound of movement. The steady sound of armoured boots echoed down to him as he greeted the first of his men on this planet with a salute, the white armoured shape of Apothecary Magnus emerged first followed in short and orderly fashion by Interrogator Chaplain Ezekiel and Company Champion Allucius. As the three Marines came down the ramp they were followed by their Battle Brothers Jude and Grigori wielding a Heavy Bolter and Multi-Melta apiece, before finally the rust coloured armour that signified Techmarine Adept Aeneas appeared his Servo arms twitching slightly as he glanced around himself.

"Greetings Brothers, it is good to serve by your side once again. We have a new mission to fulfil, we shall be working independently of the Inquisitors already on this planet to bring a Heretical being to justice, by our will he shall be brought into the light and exposed as the vile and contemptible creature that he is. We begin our search Brothers by venturing into the jungle and destroying whatever Jamming devices we find. On me Brothers!"

The small group moved off towards the jungle, Apothecary Magnus holding an Auspex in front of him to ascertain the location of the Jamming signal, whilst the others formed into a slightly staggered line and headed into the jungle, their weapons primed and ready.

*IC*

Day 2

Watching the space marine captain leave, Levinski couldn't help chuckling to himself, His men certainly know how to make an entrance. Turning back to the map, he thought of his interrogator, Jachai, hoping he and the two inquisitors hadn't run into any trouble.

----------------------------------

Watching Inquisitor James pick up the lasguns powerpack, Jachai wondered why the man hadn't ordered one of his men to pick it up, since it was so clearly a trap. "Inquisitor James, my master sent me with you to provide what assistance I can, and I must point out that a fleeing troop will rarely drop his powerpack without dropping his gun as well, this reeks of subterfuge to me."

Archived