Victoria

eyescrossed

Im from Victoria also, hailing from the great Ballarat City.

Turbo MMX/Tim (that mad bloke with the kroot) Comes down this way to play abit. Also pop into Rio Bravo down sebass and ask them about warhammer :drool: You might be able to fidn some new peeps to play with/against.

i have an account on wargamer, same name as here. just gotta remember my password lol (its been years since i last logged on there)

Try the reset password bit. Or sign with a new account, and PM 'Morsla' for help

I'm also Victorian, i live in Mooroolbark and my local store is Ringwood. Though i hardly ever play, i mostly just paint and model

Someone from around that way comes into the Geelong store abit. Cant recall the name sorry.

• 1 month later...

Good to see some Victorians here!

I'm at Footscray, 3011. My gaming group and I alternate between playing here and in Ocean Grove (near Geelong).

Does anyone else here buy their models at Mind Games on swantson st in the CBD? I swear they're almost 20% cheaper than GW stuff just down the road.

• 3 weeks later...
Good to see some Victorians here!

I'm at Footscray, 3011. My gaming group and I alternate between playing here and in Ocean Grove (near Geelong).

Does anyone else here buy their models at Mind Games on swantson st in the CBD? I swear they're almost 20% cheaper than GW stuff just down the road.

Psst..... read under my name for my location. Ill have my new wardollie room ready in January, so we might have to kidnap you and get some games in. (New place is behind safeway a bit)

Yes Mind Games in Melb do a cheaper deal on gee dub gear... its a pity we cant do that in the Geelong store : /.

Another Melbournian Warhammerer here...I tend to go to the city store (where did it go?) or Chadstone, but have been recently living over near Southland (which now has a store!).

The guys at Chaddy should be able to direct you to a pretty awesome club run by Dan and Troy (located along the Pakenham/Cranbourne line).

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

G'day SevenExxes

There is a large club in Altona Meadows (about 15 minutes away from you by car).

Generally about 8-10 players of 40k.

Good atmosphere and will help a new guy out.

Next meeting is 27 March

Club details:

Western Suburbs Wargames Association (WSWA)

28-36 Trafalgar Ave

Altona Meadows

11.00am - 7.00pm

First visit is free (thereafter $5 per meet of become a member).

• 4 weeks later...

Well im in Frankston south of the City and i frequently go to mind games for miniatures.

But if your really looking for a good price on 40k, go down to Bentliegh station and walk about 300ft to Military Simulations.

All 40k is 20% off eg: baneblades only cost $128 each instead of $165 listed price.

As for where GW is now, walk up from Swanston street into Little Collins its about a block up in a shiny new office building.

Hey, Melbourne wargamer here, if I go to a store I visit the Melbourne one mainly. Will have to attend this wargamer club in Altona Meadows, looked up the next meeting date (April 24th right?)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, Enzo, only just checked the forum.

our club web site is www.wswa.com.au

plenty of terrain and a good atmosphere. Multiple systems played (WW1, WW2, 40k, Infinity, Warmachine, Necromunda, Battletech etc etc).

hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Heya All.

I'm throwing up an open invitation for anyone interested, to come play in a large all in Apocalypse battle.

Details:

Why:Why not! Seriously though, we are trialling an attempt to establish a new Wargamming club in Central Victoria. As part of the promotion of this new club, we will be hopefully running several events through out the next 12 months. We also want to run this as a chance to make a little cash for the club, to get started on better terrain etc.

Where:Game: Ken Hall Pavilion, Kings Park (Seymour Show Grounds), Seymour. Accom:Les Bell Pavilion. While we cant provide bedding, this is a large carpeted/heated hall if people wish to stay and bring their own bedding.

When:We have access to the venue (and an adjacent building in which people can sleep) from Friday evening. We will be open for all forms of gaming on Friday. We would like to kick off the Apocalypse game by 10am on Saturday 12th of June, but may be push it out an hour or 2 if it means greater numbers can come. We would like to play well into the evening as needed. Venue will also be open on Sunday morning for anyone who stayed to play a few last games.

What: Open Apocalypse Game. We have a table that is currently 18 foot long and 6 foot wide for the most part (and can make it bigger wink.gif)We would like to run a game with 2 teams, as many points as we can gather.

Cost: FREE!!

To make our money, we'll be running a full canteen (the venue has a registered kitchen) with the usual dim sims, pies etc. We'll also be offering a smal meals menu at the usual times, breakfast, lunch and tea. Of course if people want to make a small donation, we wont say no wink.gif

Having said that, we wont be turning away people who dont want to buy our food. If you want to come from Friday to Sunday, drink water from the tap and eat Ramen noodles, we'll even let you use our kettle wink.gif

Teams:

The teams will be as follows.

Necrons will be able to choose a side, unless one side is way outnumbered, then we may ask Necrons to join the low side.

Team One will be made of Loyal Imperial Armies, and Eldar.

Team Two will be everything else!

Thats how we would like to run it anyway, but may need to move some 'nids etc to team one depending on numbers.

Thats it for now, i'll post up more details as i can. If you would like to be involved, just post here, or shoot me a PM, detailing the approx points you would like to bring and which armies they are from.

Any Question are also welcome!

Incidentally, i tried to do that post as its own topic, but i wasnt allowed to make a new topic lol

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey fellow Vics.

I hail from the eastern suburb of Croydon and I've been in the hobby for about 10 years now. I hardly ever play but i am a keen painter and hobbyist and have always enjoyed the backgrounds of both the WHFB and WH40K universes.

I collect Word Bearers and also High elves and Bretonians for WHFB.

Hey fellow Vics.

I hail from the eastern suburb of Croydon and I've been in the hobby for about 10 years now. I hardly ever play but i am a keen painter and hobbyist and have always enjoyed the backgrounds of both the WHFB and WH40K universes.

I collect Word Bearers and also High elves and Bretonians for WHFB.

G'day mate, i think were the only eastern Victorians here, im from Mooroolbark! Do you ever shop at 'Realm of Heroes'? (im not 100% sure thats what its called)

Hey Replica, do you mean "Realm of legends"? If so then yes i do sometimes shop at there but i have not been there for a couple of weeks. Last time i tried to go there i could'nt find it because it has moved, just to the other end of main street but it was raining and i was in a rush. Lazy?

Anyway if you haven't been there i would recommend it. They stoke a good range of GW products at a discounted price and also have a lot of of interesting pieces from other ranges such as resin modular bases. They also keep the full citadel paint range and a good selection of BL material.

Hey Replica, do you mean "Realm of legends"? If so then yes i do sometimes shop at there but i have not been there for a couple of weeks. Last time i tried to go there i could'nt find it because it has moved, just to the other end of main street but it was raining and i was in a rush. Lazy?

Anyway if you haven't been there i would recommend it. They stoke a good range of GW products at a discounted price and also have a lot of of interesting pieces from other ranges such as resin modular bases. They also keep the full citadel paint range and a good selection of BL material.

Yeah, thats right, realm of legends. I go down there about once every 2 months. Its pretty damn good, and closer to me than ringwood! I was gonna enter a few models into the painting comp they were planning there but i never got around to it!

I wish i had have known about that painting competition. I would have loved to have entered it. I enter every competition Ringwood GW hold and take part in the monthly paint club. Have you heard about the Paint club event?

Every month someone picks a figure of their choice and every one paints that model for the next competition. The winner gets to pick the next model(which they get for free) and judge the next comp. Good fun.