Victoria

eyescrossed

I wish i had have known about that painting competition. I would have loved to have entered it. I enter every competition Ringwood GW hold and take part in the monthly paint club. Have you heard about the Paint club event?

Every month someone picks a figure of their choice and every one paints that model for the next competition. The winner gets to pick the next model(which they get for free) and judge the next comp. Good fun.

Nah hadent heard about it. I used to work at GW ringwood a while back and used to work with most of the staff there. Sounds like a really cool idea, might have to check it out!

• 1 month later...
+1 for Realm of Legends. I used to frequently go to GW City, GW Ringwood, and Mindgames in Swanston, and RoL is heaps better than all of them - although Mindgames in the CBD is still the place for BL books (RoL stock some, but not as many).

Pegasus here. When I last posted I was in Deer Park. I have since gotten married and moved to Epping. Northland theoretically would be my closest store, though I still tend to go to Highpoint because Sevrius goes there.

Did anyone on here take part in the massive Apocalypse game at the Highpoint store at 2 am on Christmas eve?

Cheers,

John

Lol @ Replica I have a mate who plays traitor guard who lives in moorolbark( or however it's spelt :D)

@ kizzdougs you know the hobby store in the arcade? With the cinema? That bloke sells slightly cheaper or on price warhammer...incase you didn't know...which you probably do but just incase...Thumper's Arcade I think.

And Ringwood's my closest GW. I'm all the way out in the Yarra Valley so i rarely go there.

Edited by Orphus

Lol @ Replica I have a mate who plays traitor guard who lives in moorolbark( or however it's spelt :))

@ kizzdougs you know the hobby store in the arcade? With the cinema? That bloke sells slightly cheaper or on price warhammer...incase you didn't know...which you probably do but just incase...Thumper's Arcade I think.

And Ringwood's my closest GW. I'm all the way out in the Yarra Valley so i rarely go there.

Yeah i know the shop your talking about, in Croydon. Realm of Legends is cheaper than Mindboglers(the shop neer the cinema) and they have a better range as well. Sometimes i buy maxmini pieces and BL books there.

Personally i still like to go to GW Ringwood because i enjoy painting in store and i know the guys who work there.

Lol @ Replica I have a mate who plays traitor guard who lives in moorolbark( or however it's spelt :D)

Yeah i know the shop your talking about, in Croydon. Realm of Legends is cheaper than Mindboglers(the shop neer the cinema) and they have a better range as well. Sometimes i buy maxmini pieces and BL books there.

Personally i still like to go to GW Ringwood because i enjoy painting in store and i know the guys who work there.

Ah...it has been a while since I went there last... :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I give a shout out. I'm Deansy, I'm from Melbourne's North (Reservoir) I mostly hang out at the Battle Bunker in Northcote.

Wednesday night is the 40K night, you can always get a pick up game.

They do stock a lot of non-GW stuff also. They have a solid range of both Warmachine/Hordes and Flames of War. At the moment the big next thing is Dystopian Wars.

Hey Brother-Seargant, what army do you play, looks to be SM's from your name.

I visist Games by the Beach too, mostly to watch, need to get a few games to update my knowledge of the rules.

But i plan to be there next Sunday with luck, taking my SoB army finally. No longer working sundays so now have that day to game.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Pegasus here. When I last posted I was in Deer Park. I have since gotten married and moved to Epping. Northland theoretically would be my closest store, though I still tend to go to Highpoint because Sevrius goes there.

Did anyone on here take part in the massive Apocalypse game at the Highpoint store at 2 am on Christmas eve?

Cheers,

John

I was there, although I wasn't taking part. I'm 16, around 5'8" and have brown hair, slightly fat and IIRC I was wearing a long-sleeved shirt with a grim reaper on it and jeans. That or a button-up shirt. Can't remember. I was hung over. I do remember an extremely tall guy being there though.

Hi All new to this forum keen to play a few games of 40k I live out at lancefield have a large Black Templar Army which I'm keen to play. Any takers give me a buzz on tagged_up@hotmail.com

Lancefield?! :P I have several friends who live there and play (Jack Harker, Ian Maddocks [well he used to] and Brett Mustey (he lives in Keilor now though, IIRC).

Edited by eyescrossed

I'm from Thornbury and Deansy has kindly provided a nice summary of where I game.

Thought I give a shout out. I'm Deansy, I'm from Melbourne's North (Reservoir) I mostly hang out at the Battle Bunker in Northcote.

Wednesday night is the 40K night, you can always get a pick up game.

They do stock a lot of non-GW stuff also. They have a solid range of both Warmachine/Hordes and Flames of War. At the moment the big next thing is Dystopian Wars.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hey I live in frankston south.

Mind Games doesn't stock warhammer anymore

Is that the store on Swanston Street in the City?

If so, since when does it not stock WH40k?

Or maybe you mean WHF.

I'm pretty sure they still stock both.

I'm going there tomorrow to pick up some Devastators, Death Company and Grey Knights to kit bash a librarian.

Hey Jamo26, they still stock both WHF and 40k, i go there frequently enough, also if your looking for cheaper prices, take a trip down to Bentliegh, to Military Simulations, they frequently have 20% off 40k stuff.

I just picked a large double sized case today for only $125 instead of $165 GW price.

Im in Frankston too.

• 3 weeks later...
Is that the store on Swanston Street in the City?

Yeah, I'm curious too. I was there a few weeks ago and they still do.

There is actually a Games Workshop in the city, not a big place though.

Back of the Southern Cross centre - between that and the back of Nauru House - it's on Little Collins. The closest intersection is Russell Street. It's easy to miss if you're not looking for it. If you were looking to buy GW stuff, I don't know why you'd go there rather than Mindgames, apart from the fact that sometimes Mindgames doesn't have stuff in stock. I just go in to browse sometimes to look at the nicely painted minis.

Back of the Southern Cross centre - between that and the back of Nauru House - it's on Little Collins. The closest intersection is Russell Street. It's easy to miss if you're not looking for it.

Ah! There we go :) Thanks for the memory refresh.

Edited by Orphus