The Return of the Warmaster

Skirax

Ok, but I am taking a break before the next series begins, maybe I'll write them before then and post them all at once. Until then, may the Pen stay mightier than the Sword!

It was pure sensation, an experience that filled him and made him feel like the most strongest man in existence.

Lol I love Soruh, took me a minute to realise it was Horus backwards. Great joke there, but "the most strongest"? Come on you either say the most strong or strongest otherwise its wierd.

Can't wait for series 2, will it still be on this thread or on a different one?

... his skin would have been enough to hold off the bolt of a bolter, or maybe even a Vengeance round
Uhm... WHAT? His skin is tough enough to hold off .75 calibre, self propelled explosive round? ^_^

... the ribcage ...
Space Marines don't have ribcages.

Otherwise, very entertaining.

Thanks eyescrossed, on the Vulkan story I was just trying to make him seem more powerful on the Boltgun part, but I had no idea that Marines didn't have ribcages. Oh well, Vulkan doesn't need one anymore! :)

it isn't exactly a rib cage but more like 1 large solid plate of bone as a result of the ribs fusing together.

This.

So, quoting Mersadie Oliton from Horus Rising, their chest looks like a "flat canvas" because of the single solid plate of bone.

Sigismund Himself Posted May 29 2009, 10:33 AM

I'm having a bit of the break from the job, since I was feeling a little burnt out. I still haunt the Librarium's halls though :P

I'll have to carry round Sacred Insense with me to ward away ye, deamon! ;)

In the dark depths of the B&C, there lurks only foul creatures and former staff. ;)

Much like the Mars catacombs really. :P

if the marines don't have ribs and have rib cages fused together, how on earth do they breath? your rib cage expands and retracts to give way for the lungs as they expand and decrease in size during breathing. i know this due to p.e a levels.

thanks

antique_nova

@ Antique Nova: I believe Space Marines can still breath because their expanaded chest leaves some room under the Black Carapace, allowing their lungs to fill and deflate as normal. I am not quite sure though.

And these are great stories Skirax. They have been getting better as you write more. I don't want to be offensive, but in the beggining of the series I really didn't like your style of writing, it was choppy and too quick. Now, though, it is much better, and I enjoy reading each new installation.

I can't believe I just read all ten pages of a thread in one sitting... O_o;;;

The writing is decent, and there is obvious, -vast- improvement as the stories progress.

I didn't get a chance to read the deleted post, but I don't care too much for either the DA or the SW.

Kantor should have received a far worse, more humiliating, guardsmen-esque way of dying. (besides, GW should have just made another model for the abomination that is Captain Cortez, instead of abandoning him like he suddenly inherited command of the Squats)

He should have died in a humiliating way, not because he is the CF Chapter Master, but because Kantor seems to lead EVERY Space Marine army in existence. *sigh*

He's either

-leading a bunch Crimson Fists

-or he plays dress up, tie-dyes his armour, and all of a sudden he's "Peter Can Torr" of the "Red Knuckles Brigade"; or Pedro Kantor, taking his vacation with the Angels Vermillion.

He should have died by being -=]deleted by -=]I[=-[=- by a grot.

Shrike, however, I was very unhappy with the way the entire story was written.

Guards 4 and 5 really seemed like they were saying "ah-durrrrr" and "I'M HALLLPINNNNG". Conduct unbecoming of any Space Marine.

Then Shrike sounds like he takes the single most selfish (and stupid) route, and basically looks at a mirror while he fires a lascannon.

Really? The imperial master of subterfuge runs with his tail between his legs into a trap at Jump Pack speeds!?

I almost stopped reading the thread there and then. Thankfully I didn't.

Furthermore; thankfully your writing has improved vastly since then.

Keep it up. Both to improve your skills, and to see how that miserable Aun Va will bite it.

Cheers,

Lawrence.

Always amazes me some of the loathing some people seem to have for space marine characters, I guess im in the minority here in that i like all of them lol. In anycase, as sad as it was to read about such heroes dieing this is quite well written

Can I put in a request for Brother-Captain Stern to be killed off at some point? I'm thinking him and lots of small, giggly minions of Nurgle . . .

Seconded :blink:

Oh and I presume the Ultra Chief Librarian (can't remember how to spell name) will be killed with a following quip about not seeing that coming :P

...and the assassin lowered his hood, to reveal a shock to those around him. Despite his immense size, he had managed to kill all of the Imperiums heroes. For in the chamber, draped in robes, stood Chuck Norris.'

Sigg'd

Archived