Vadskærs Marines

Vadskær

'evening all :)

Too much work and obligations these last couple of days!

@ Capt Lysander: Thanks for the comment - glad you like how it turned out!

@ Cain: Look below for some comparison pictures :)

@ Terminatorinhell: Well, why not get in touch with him - his name is Rodolfo - on eBay and suggest they do a Dorn model!

@ AL.: Nope, the dread is still lying in cue. Too many interesting projects right now, but it needs to be finished.

Alright, here's a comparison picture between a regular Marine on flat base and the new DA lord. I haven't attached shoulder guards, head or anything, but it's pretty clear that it's a bit bigger.

/vadskær

gallery_37571_3423_183397.jpg

nice ;) i think thats the perfect size for a primarch model in comparison to a marine, cant wait to see what you do with it :D

Hi sword brethren,

Yeah, I can either ;) I will try to take pictures of the process so that it can be a little WiP photo gallery once it's done. What I'm really debating now is how to paint the different ornamentation on the armour. The traditional colours of DA is, of course, red, green and bone-white. Also, grey stone is also used on a lot of decoration (skulls, crux terminatus). But I also feel that the model merits some gold decoration, since it's a Primarch/Lord model. The left shoulder guard and the left kneepad are both modelled as a lion, and I think that will be gold for both. The chest decoration, I still don't know if I should make bone white or gold :)

/vadskær

I have just been through you're whole thread and.....wow! You have some fantastic skills, especially loving you're freehand skills! I like how the length of the thread illustrates you're improvement with each mini - can't wait to see more (I'm thinking that Templar Knight!)

Hello all,

@ Justicar Vallus: Thanks for the link mate ;)

@ Midnight Runner: Thanks for the praise! I look forward to showing my finished templar in some time.

Alright, I just browsed CMON and it seems that someone painted the Templar Knight. I snagged the picture and post it here for your viewing pleasure. I don't think I will be following the colourscheme and although a decent paintjob I think some parts are a bit dull.

gallery_37571_3423_188359.jpg

Hi all,

Woo, finally weekend for me here in Denmark! I just got a couple of nice things. First thing is my Christmas present for myself: Commander Culln from Forgeworld - I've added a picture below. I will do some gentle conversion to remove the Red Scorpions symbols in order to make him into Belial. The detail on the model is super, super crisp. It makes my Templar Knight look like something a kindergarden kid sculpted :P

So, simultaneously with the work on the Templar Knight, I will be painting my Belial. Can't wait to get started :)

The other thing I got today was some cool bases from Wyrd miniatures. See the pictures below.

@ Justicar Valius: Do you think the supplied sword looks cool? I think it looks a bit bland and I'm considering swapping it for a regular DA-upgrade sword.

@ Cain: Great to know you also are getting one for yourself! Will you also be painting yours as a Dark Angel, or will you opt for a different pain scheme? :) What do you have in mind for conversion?

@ Lysander: Thanks, I look forward myself to getting some more paint on the model. I'm slowly deciding on what to paint in which colours. The chest wings will probably be bone-white to tie into the traditional colourscheme for Dark Angels.

Enjoy the weekend everybody!

/vadskær

gallery_37571_3423_12225.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_8741.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_50281.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_97324.jpg

No I don't think the supplied sword is much good but I have always prefered the straight swords to the DA upgrade swords. I would say change the normal sword by possibly change the positioning and also beef it up or make it slender depending on personal choice

@ Justicar Valius: I will see what my bitzbox can produce in terms of swords. I'm also seriously considering swapping his helmet for a regular marine helmet and adding the wings from the DA upgrade sprue. This, combined with a GW marine head should tie the model better towards space marines.

@ Night Runner: Thanks a lot mate - good to hear from you :)

@ Capt. Lysander: They are actually metal inserts - you buy the plastic bases seperatly. I'm not sure I'll paint them like the pictures above, but the amount of detail is great. It allows for subtle differences in the cobbles combined with a bit of plant-work and other small details. Perhaps I should use them in conjunction with my DIY chapter that I presented earlier. I have 10 marines and that could really tie them together.

/vadskær

@ Cain: Great to know you also are getting one for yourself! Will you also be painting yours as a Dark Angel, or will you opt for a different pain scheme? :) What do you have in mind for conversion?

I'm in the process of building an army based on Knights of the Crusade, which I am calling Kinghts Templar. Not very original I know, lol. I'm painting them all to that scheme. They all have tabards and Crusader helms. (I need to update the pics. Have a looot more done now.) And my Knight Templar will also have these.

The Templar Knight model though, will replace my existing comander (which also happened to be based on Cullen. Very nice model :lol: ) But I am going to attempt to incorperate some weapons from Guild Wars. A game I used to be addicted to, lol. my favourite character was a Warrior who had an Axe and Shield.

The axe was called a Sephis Axe and looked like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/Khabjte/Sephis_Axe.jpg

Shouldn't be too hard to replicate. And the shield was called an Exaulted Aegis and looked like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/Khabjte/Exalted_Aegis_unique.jpg

And while searching the interweb, I discovered a model with a shield that is pretty close from a game called Anima Tactics. I should be able to make my shield from that with very little problems.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/Khabjte/CS1020.jpg

Anywho, keep up the awesome work Bud. I am looking forward to seeing both of your characters take shape :)

I personally would like a pre heresy helm (but he's a primarch and some marines got Mk 6 so it should be ok for a Mk 6).

Or a customised blinged up helm of some sort *hint hint, raise pinky finger*

As ever hope the models are coming along great :)

@Cain tiberius kondrad: You can even get the single shield from this online shop: Click me, I'm a needy little link!^^

Anima Tactics is awesome by the way..

@vadskaer: I'm really looking forward to whatever you paint up next. I've been a follower of your thread for long time and you really motivate me to paint more!

@ Vadskærs: I hope you don't feel I hi-jacked your thread. I thought about that after. My appologies bud.

On a side note, my Knight Templar Hero arrived this morning. "yay!" :D

@Cain tiberius kondrad: You can even get the single shield from this online shop: Click me, I'm a needy little link!^^

Anima Tactics is awesome by the way..

@ Cathar: Cool thank you. That'll save me some £££ ;)

Hi Guys,

The Marine projects are coming along nicely, but a bit slower than usual since 1. my Lady has been sick and I've been taking care of her this last week and 2. I'm preparing some IG for a 40K bash with my best friends in the end of January.

@ Justicar Valius: Perhaps one of the DA helmets on the ravenwing sprue with the DA upgrade sprue helmet-wings attacked, or maybe Sicarius' helm if I can work around the U symbol - any suggestions to that anybody?

@ Cain: Cool that you got your figure already! I had to wait a long time for mine, but eventually it arrived. I think you've got cool things planned - and no worries about hi-jacking the thread. It's good to keep the discussion going and I will return control firmly when I post new Marine pics again :D

@ Steingrimr & all the rest: Thanks for the praise! I hope to have something ready for you soon.

Enjoy the weekend :)

/vadskær

• 3 months later...

Dear all,

I'm back with a blast! After a very long hiatus I've once again new stuff to show you and therefore this thread is brought back to life, ressurected, renewed....you get the picture ;-)

The time since my last updates has been spent with building and painting a part of my IG armoured regiment, and, sadly, I cannot flaunt those pictures here unless I wish to invoke the wrath of the Mods. Also, time for painting hasn't been as plentiful as I could have wished.

First up for this new, revived thread, is one of the cool Vanguard sculpts. I'm in the process of finishing the rest of the squad (the box from GW) and I really like their poses. The base is a quick home-built. I would have preferred to put him on one if my Scibor bases, but since the vanguards comes with a decorative plinth, I didn't think it would look good.

Hope you like him! It was a challenge to paint and assemble all the parts before putting them together. The sculpt of the jumppack isn't the greatest, especially aroung the exhausts. More to follow tomorrow. C&C welcome as always...

/vadskær

gallery_37571_3423_48290.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_57433.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_23289.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_28004.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_14055.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_2368.jpg

Good to see you back Vadskær and always you dont seem to disappoint! Your Vanguard marine looks awesome especially the highlighting of the green. Looking forward to the rest of the squad.

Archived