Vadskærs Marines

Vadskær

:o So... Awesome... :(

Ask the guy you bought it from if he has any more, if not, get a mould made and make me one. I'll pay anything under £15, from you. :o

He would make an awesome Azreal, but is it it just me or does the sword look a bit small and weedy? :huh:

Hey Bloodhowl ;)

The listing said he had two for sale, and the production is limited to 300 for this figure. I paid about 60 US dollars including postage so it wasn't really cheap. But I like the idea that it's rare and it is a beautiful sculpt!

The sword only looks small when viewed from the front (optical illusion). Here's another shot which shows him from the side. The sword looks better from this view.

gallery_37571_3423_24933.jpg

Why use him as Azreal when he can be Lion?

Because I can't really field the Lion himself in 40K ;)

No, you're right, he could easily double as the Lion.

What was his eBay name?

It looks like someone you should keep you eyes on.

The seller/manufacturers name is hotlead70

Do a search and see what he has for sale :)

This model was named Templar Knight sci-fi hero Lord commander limited ed. (no less! :lol: )

Dats a nice Lion indeed.

Could it be possible to see it from behind and see the other shoulderpad please ? Oh, and how big is he, out of curiosity ?

Hmmm I must agree with others that the sword seems a bit too small but we grew accustomed with quite oversized weapon along the years of hobby. The bottom pointy part of the "shield" on left leg must not help a lot when you try to walk... That's a detail, I know.

DS

Dats a nice Lion indeed.

Could it be possible to see it from behind and see the other shoulderpad please ? Oh, and how big is he, out of curiosity ?

Hmmm I must agree with others that the sword seems a bit too small but we grew accustomed with quite oversized weapon along the years of hobby. The bottom pointy part of the "shield" on left leg must not help a lot when you try to walk... That's a detail, I know.

DS

I have to side-shots of him, but they are not jpeg, and I don't know how to convert them (help!?) I don't have a picture of the back, but I will post fresh pictures ones the model arrives. It comes in 7 or 8 parts which also leaves ample opportunity for modification if, for example, the sword looks odd.

The size of him is 33mm, so standard tabletop.

/vadskær

wow i love that mini and i am greatly anticipating the paint job you give, im sure it will do it justice.

i have one issue with the sculpt, if he has his helmet on he cant turn his head because of that lion thing on his back...

still an awesome mini left in the hands of an awesome painter.

wow i love that mini and i am greatly anticipating the paint job you give, im sure it will do it justice.

i have one issue with the sculpt, if he has his helmet on he cant turn his head because of that lion thing on his back...

still an awesome mini left in the hands of an awesome painter.

Yeah, sometimes the sculpts get a bit unrealistic, but the same applies to numerous custom sculpts available on CMON or eBay, where a standard GW Termie is converted with greenstuff and plastered with so many symbols that he can't possibly move...

But besides that, it looks cool - and I'm sure my count-as Azrael model would be able to move freely by simple pure awesomeness ^_^

-_- So... Awesome... ;)

Ask the guy you bought it from if he has any more, if not, get a mould made and make me one. I'll pay anything under £15, from you. -_-

He would make an awesome Azreal, but is it it just me or does the sword look a bit small and weedy? -_-

WEll i don't know about eBay but this is the site where you can get him. And by the way its a sculpt of the lion, not Azreal: LINKY

look at the threads and you should find him, but he was only just released methinks so you may have to wait a while

I know, especially the big E :P

Now Vadskaer, can you please paint up the mighty lion so we can look at him in all his awseomely painted glory?

Sure thing, will do ^_^

Do you have suggestions to how he should be painted? Bear in mind that he should fit in with the rest of my army, so I'm not thinking pre-Heresy colours, but the classic dark green colour scheme.

Also, a note on the sword - the manufacturer said in the linked post, that the pictures we saw of the model included the last WiP of the sword, and not the finished design of the blade. So let's hope it's a bit more dark angel-like.

I'll post some scale shots as soon as I get him. I'm also very interested in seeing him compared to a normal Marine and a Termie.

/vadskær

Just looked up the seller: http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/hotlead70/

Mortarion

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DEATH-KNIGHT-sci-fi-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Horus

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DARK-KNIGHT-sci-fi-h...1QQcmdZViewItem

Fulgrim

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PHOENIX-KNIGHT-sci-f...1QQcmdZViewItem

Sanguinius

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WINGED-KNIGHT-sci-fi...1QQcmdZViewItem

Lion

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TEMPLAR-KNIGHT-sci-f...=item3357e31f9c

and last but not least

The Emperor

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ULTIMATE-KNIGHT-sci-...=item3357e3165f

(which I just bought one of, I've always wanted an emperor model, and while £30 is quite alot for one model I doubt i'll see one again for a while)

Hey, you know how you said you paid $60 for that Templar Knight/The Lion/Azreal Limited Edition guy, well the guy on 'TheGreatCrusade.co.uk' (to whom we have Justicar Valius to thank for telling us of) is selling it for £22 pounds + p&p, and he has loads of them because he sent it to a moulders to get cast and reproduced infinite times. You may have missed out mate, but hey it's a possible future side line career when you need money!

For the colour scheme, may I suggest Dark Angels Green (obviously), gradually adding Snot Green to it for highlights until its basically Snot green with the tiniest amount of DA Green for the finest highlights, that works for the most professional painter I know anyway.

Hey, you know how you said you paid $60 for that Templar Knight/The Lion/Azreal Limited Edition guy, well the guy on 'TheGreatCrusade.co.uk' (to whom we have Justicar Valius to thank for telling us of) is selling it for £22 pounds + p&p, and he has loads of them because he sent it to a moulders to get cast and reproduced infinite times. You may have missed out mate, but hey it's a possible future side line career when you need money!

For the colour scheme, may I suggest Dark Angels Green (obviously), gradually adding Snot Green to it for highlights until its basically Snot green with the tiniest amount of DA Green for the finest highlights, that works for the most professional painter I know anyway.

Yeah, I'm also thinking my classic DA scheme with lots of gold and other bling. He practically screams for some freehand and a nice banner also ;)

I'm okay with the manufacturer producing this model a lot, because it looks great. I'm just looking forward to receiving mine and making it a centerpiece for my collection.

With a bit of luck it will arrive next week ;) Until then, I'll work some more on the Vindi.

/vadskær

I'd point out that this is massively illegal and he will have his socks sued off if the IP owner finds out ;)

I'd point out that this is massively illegal and he will have his socks sued off if the IP owner finds out :)

Huh? ;) I'm confused, gil galed...what's illegal? Him mass-producing his sculpt or someting about the pricing?

/vadskær

I'd point out that this is massively illegal and he will have his socks sued off if the IP owner finds out :)

Huh? ;) I'm confused, gil galed...what's illegal? Him mass-producing his sculpt or someting about the pricing?

/vadskær

O they way he said it made it sound like he bought the model you did then got a mould of it, obviously if its his then no problem, I thought he was saying some guy copied it :)

The texture to the paint on these models is awesome ! Very good work and awesome detail. You have very steady hand sir.

Hey, thanks for stopping by and thanks for the praise! :) Steady hand or just very, very patient when it comes to cleaning up errors and run-away brush strokes ;)

/vadskær

Hello all!

As promished, here's some update on the Vindicator. I've gotten all the basic work done: basecoat, recesses washes with Devlan Mud, key areas painted up to my DA-green mix and tracks, engine details and other mechanical parts basecoated black.

I'm still not final about what to do now. Some parts could be embellished with relief DA symbols from the Ravenwing sprue, some could benefit from a large, red Deathwing company symbol and the siege shield could possible be decorated with freehand....

Holla if you have any suggestions to what to do next...until I've decided I'll spend some time on a single marine model.

/vadskær

gallery_37571_3423_33139.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_16203.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_12942.jpg

Archived