Rahveel

Today Khârn killed:

Opponents:

-Typhus

-1 Nurgle Sorcerer

-6 Plague Zombies

-3 Plague Marines

Mine:

-his entire squad (9 man squad... all with chain axes... He killed them all...)

-his own rhino >.> (I tankshocked a unit and was in base contact with Khârn while he was in CC... the store manager decided to go for laughs and call it in the CC... Khârn pens and rolls a 6... blew up his own frakking ride...)

-himself (became a demon prince after killing Typhus... Gotta love dat Chaos Boons chart [it was campaign day so all characters could roll on it... even vanilla marines and xenos >.> I saw an eldar farseer turn into a demon prince of slaanesh... most ironic moment ever] )

Today Khârn killed:

Opponents:

-Typhus

-1 Nurgle Sorcerer

-6 Plague Zombies

-3 Plague Marines

Mine:

-his own rhino >.> (I tankshocked a unit and was in base contact with Khârn while he was in CC... the store manager decided to go for laughs and call it in the CC... Khârn pens and rolls a 6... blew up his own frakking ride...)

-himself (became a demon prince after killing Typhus... Gotta love dat Chaos Boons chart [it was campaign day so all characters could roll on it... even vanilla marines and xenos >.> I saw an eldar farseer turn into a demon prince of slaanesh... most ironic moment ever] )

You do realize he has hatred and can reroll those misses?

Today Khârn killed:

Opponents:

-Typhus

-1 Nurgle Sorcerer

-6 Plague Zombies

-3 Plague Marines

Mine:

You do realize he has hatred and can reroll those misses?

yes... but I forgot too >.>

In my first game with the new book, I took the mighty Khârn. My opponent was Orks and he was terrified of him. Khârn had the honor of being my first challenge with the new book...

Khârn totally annihilated his target.... then promptly got turned to spawn.... :D

Dammit. Thanks a lot Chaos Gods. My opponent could not stop laughing. Totally changed the game (this was turn 2), my blob of cultist was no longer fearless and no longer had counter attack and Khârn. They got annihilated by a unit of boyz that I no longer had an answer to. That boyz unit ended up taking the final VP to win in a wild game, 7-6.

Anyway, spawn Khârn killed two more Ork Boys before getting put out of his misery.

So his final tally:

1 Nob Biker (challenge)

1 Cultist (my own)

2 Ork Boyz

Also, for the record. I lost every single other challenge in the game. 3 Khorne Marine Champions fell to 3 Nobs. The Daemon Prince of Khorne with black mace failed to kill his Warboss (he made 3 invulnerable saves) and then got Instant Deathed in return. However, the battle was an absolute bloodbath, so Khorne was pleased.

Edited by Max_Gore

They should have exempted Special Characters from rolling on that table imho. :P

Just giving them a reroll would have made me happy. As it is, even rolling Dark Apotheosis is a significant penalty for special characters. Or even any character, except for cheap champions.

They should have exempted Special Characters from rolling on that table imho. :(

Just giving them a reroll would have made me happy. As it is, even rolling Dark Apotheosis is a significant penalty for special characters. Or even any character, except for cheap champions.

I agree with you Cheexta. A re-roll would have been much better... but then again... comic number 142... This will happen to someone I know...

In my first game with the new book, I took the mighty Khârn. My opponent was Orks and he was terrified of him. Khârn had the honor of being my first challenge with the new book...

Khârn totally annihilated his target.... then promptly got turned to spawn.... :P

Dammit. Thanks a lot Chaos Gods. My opponent could not stop laughing. Totally changed the game (this was turn 2), my blob of cultist was no longer fearless and no longer had counter attack and Khârn. They got annihilated by a unit of boyz that I no longer had an answer to. That boyz unit ended up taking the final VP to win in a wild game, 7-6.

You shouldn't accept challenges with HQ but aspiring champions, and let Khârn do his best against the enemy unit while his champ is bussy.

You shouldn't accept challenges with HQ but aspiring champions, and let Khârn do his best against the enemy unit while his champ is bussy.

Yeah, that's probably the better option in most cases. Maybe if there's a really tough IC and you want Khârn to get his charging bonus attacks on it.... but other than that I should just let Khârn take as many skulls as possible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
---Got Instant killed by archon's fancy sword

Huskblade? That weapon has Instant Death, yes. However, Khârn's Blessing of the Blood God prevents Instant Death. Unless I'm missing something here..?

---Got Instant killed by archon's fancy sword

Huskblade? That weapon has Instant Death, yes. However, Khârn's Blessing of the Blood God prevents Instant Death. Unless I'm missing something here..?

That's only if the weapon is a force weapon. Khârn's rule states that if he suffers an unsaved wound from a force weapon it is treated as a power weapon, thus cannot inflict instant death.

That's only if the weapon is a force weapon. Khârn's rule states that if he suffers an unsaved wound from a force weapon it is treated as a power weapon, thus cannot inflict instant death.

Ahh true enough now that you mention it. I don't actually own copy of my own of the Codex so couldn't double-check, and alas my useless memory failed me yet again ^_^

In any case, all Dark Eldar deserve to be devoured by the Warp. I6 AP2 weapons, I7 instant death weapons, basically-instant-vehicle-death-grenade spam, 4++ close combat save for units that cost nothing, lance spam.... :P As it is, they are my nemesis.

I find that Dark Eldar do not enjoy massed bolter / autocannon fire, they can have their 4++ close combat invun dodge saves should they wish, they have to make it to combat first.

With fast open-topped transports and Fleet, getting into close combat is not exactly a problem for them. In my last match against againsts DE he started and already assaulted my troops in the first turn (he went first). Pff.

But, enough off-topic from me, I reckon!