Today Khârn killed...

Rahveel

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Today he killed in his first game I used him:

6 enemy Berserkers (squad mopped up the rest)

enemy Khârn in a challenge.

and none of my guys it was amazing.

I had the charge  issued a challenge with my skull champ which he accepted with his Khârn for some unknown reason, this let my Khârn hammer the squad killing all he laid his hands on. then turn two of combat I had to issue my challenge and he had to accept so it was Khârn vs Khârn in which I won.  I also won the whole game by a landslide victory.

Today he killed in his first game I used him:

6 enemy Berserkers (squad mopped up the rest)

enemy Khârn in a challenge.

and none of my guys it was amazing.

I had the charge  issued a challenge with my skull champ which he accepted with his Khârn for some unknown reason, this let my Khârn hammer the squad killing all he laid his hands on. then turn two of combat I had to issue my challenge and he had to accept so it was Khârn vs Khârn in which I won.  I also won the whole game by a landslide victory.

Yo dawg, I heard you like Khârn...

I used him for the first time the other week against some luna wolves. He killed a sergant with his plasma pistol then killed Garviel Loken in a challenge. No rhino to run him over this time! Then he took a krak missile to the face...

It had been a while since I used Khârn, so I took him out the other day for an experiment. I put him in a 35 man cultist blob and ran him straight at the enemy.

In the first game I played, Khârn killed no Cultists, wiping out an entire squad of Deathwing Terminators and a Terminator Librarian. Blood for the Blood God. They didn't have anything else to do, since everything else got smeared by hades fusillades, plasma cannon blasts, and bale flamer torrents. It was a pretty glorious game all the way around, with my opponent realizing it was hopeless in the second round.

The second game was 4000 points a side, took seven hours, and my codex ran out of batteries in the first hour. By the time I actually got Khârn into his epic bridge battle with a Grey Knight Captain it was 0400 and I couldn't remember any of Khârn's new rules except for the 2+ Deny the Witch, so ended up letting a Force Weapon ID him. So no glories in the second game. But Khorne does not care from whence the blood flows...

Khârn and his 8-man berzerker squad killed:

- 30 'ard boyz

- 30 boyz

- 10 lootas

- Old Zogwort

Khârn spearheaded straight into ork green tide form his Land Raider, shot one 'ard boy with plasma pistol, slaughtered 7 with Gorechild, skull champion killed a Nob in a challenge, then the rest of the squad wiped remaining orks and sweeping advanced.  On turn 2 Khârn charged Zogwort and his lootas, who couldn't overwatch 'cause of LR's Dirge Caster, Second big ork squad rolled poorly to the charge distance and got shot by LR and assaulted by Khârn (again, no overwatch!). Ork Warboss, 10 Nobz and some IA ork dreadnought rampaged through the rest my army, until Khârn jumped into LR, rushed back to kill a warboss, but, unfortunately, ork leader was torn apart by LR heavy bolters. At the end of turn 5 orks had a painboy, one nob and immobilised dread.

• 1 month later...

Khârn single handedly killed

-12 Deathwing Terminators

His retinue of 8 Berzerkers killed

-8 Deathwing Terminators

still had 2 wounds at the end of the game.

Edited by arkagl

Yea I did. It helped that he just dropped all his dudes in turn 1 right in front of me and he went first while Khârn and his crew were behind a wall he scattered out of LOS of Khârn. The cultists were holding them off and taking all the fire power. Then on my part of turn one I moved in for the kill. I challenged the Sergeant with my champion instead of Khârn and Khârn obliterated a whole squad 5 man squad but 1 model on turn 1. The berzerkers took out the 1 model that turn. Massive attacks with AP 2 helps against them and massive attacks from the berzerkers in general cleaned up what was left. I took out 2x 5 man squads and then 1x 10 man squad. I didnt get to kill Belail b4 the game ran out. He had 1 wound left. There was only 3 berzerkers left also.

And thats just Khârn and his squad not to mention my 2 other Berzerker squads and the ravenwing.

Edited by arkagl

• 3 weeks later...

It had been a while since I used Khârn, so I took him out the other day for an experiment. I put him in a 35 man cultist blob and ran him straight at the enemy.

In the first game I played, Khârn killed no Cultists, wiping out an entire squad of Deathwing Terminators and a Terminator Librarian. Blood for the Blood God. They didn't have anything else to do, since everything else got smeared by hades fusillades, plasma cannon blasts, and bale flamer torrents. It was a pretty glorious game all the way around, with my opponent realizing it was hopeless in the second round.

The second game was 4000 points a side, took seven hours, and my codex ran out of batteries in the first hour. By the time I actually got Khârn into his epic bridge battle with a Grey Knight Captain it was 0400 and I couldn't remember any of Khârn's new rules except for the 2+ Deny the Witch, so ended up letting a Force Weapon ID him. So no glories in the second game. But Khorne does not care from whence the blood flows...

If I remember right Khârn can't be killed instantly by a force weapon

• 4 weeks later...

I'm on a roll I played Saturday with Khârn he killed 1 Winged Hive Tyrants, 1 Tervigon, and a don't know how many Guants prob about 25+. Then Sunday single handedly a Warhound Titan with Gorechild and it blew up and killed him lol.

I can just imagine Khârn telling everyone I got this and running up and hopping on the warhound titan just hacking and slashing everything on his way up then got in the cockpit and took the skulls of all the crew. The titan collapse to the ground and the head broke off and Khârn said here's another before it blew up and killed everyone in the nuke radius.

Edited by arkagl

Again against a Vulkan list with A-No-Salamanders chapter( Getting tired of thoses...)

Vulkan, 5 TH/SS Termies.

Funny thing was that he taunted me by saying that Khorne oriented lists sucked and thus he leave me the choice of what list he was gonna use, a Soft list or a "Hard" List, i told him that it din't matter either way, so he did go with his "Hard" list( personnaly after all these years, saying that a 2 TDA squads+ LR, 2 Razors +2x5 Marines with Meltas/plasmas and 2 dakka Preds and one Rifleman Dread, i do not find it hard, just boring and unoriginal...)

By turn 4 he was tabled, only lost the Maulerfiend turn 3 and the Bikers squad, when he reffered to Khorne lists sucking, he actually only played against sub-par "Khorne" list, no Zerkers, No Khârn, No Axe Lord...

Once again the Jugger-Axe-Lord did a good number of kills, averaging 11 A per turn, in fact he never had faced a Juggerlord before, so it was a total surprise.

Turn 1 he charge my Bikes+Lord, end of turn, all the TDA's are dead, next turn Lord+bikes charge a Mini-dev unit, get shoot at by all the dakkas Lords engage turn 3 the dread, looses 2 wounds, but because its a rifleman dread only S6, Dread destroyed, Lords comes back to get another mini-dev squad that disembarked from the last Razor, while they tried to take my LR down, LR who did a good job, by taking down one of his Imperial Kin, while the other one was taken out by the Maulerfiend.

I'm not usually the kind of guy who loves to pummel his opponent in the dirt, but this one really pissed me off for some reason, too much of a Flapjack of sort...

Off course he argued that i wasn't totaly fairplay to not tell him what was in my list(while i knew he played Vulkan, only when he got out of the LR after i destroyed it by turn 3...), but he only asked me how many units i had, and what they where, not their loadout and rules...

For someone pretending to go a lot to tourneys and having no clue of the opponent armies, i find it amusing...

Lots of Skulls fo the Lord!

Edited by Slayer le Boucher

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah...that whas kinda the feel.

Buty the worst, is that he pulled something i've never saw on me.

When drawing his Dread LoS..., he did it in a perticular way.

To set it up, his First LR is infront of his Dread, totaly blocking LoS on my Maulerfiend, then for whatever reason i see him rolling the dices to shoot at my Mauler with his dread...

i'm reminding him that the LR completly blocks it and that he has no LoS, he then proceeds in telling me that he have, and then with is meterband, he draw a LoS from...the roof of the dread..., you know the top that is totaly flat and where you used to put banners and Smokelaunchers...

i was a bit in a golly gee state..., and when i told him that its a bit far-fetched, he tells me that he comes here to play and have fun, and not to argue, and that if i don't like it, then we can end it now..., if he comes to plmay and have fun, so why the Freakin flying f*** he is playing with a tournament mind setup and an "Hard" list and pulling this shenanigan on me?...

Now i know dreads have some rules differences with vehicles regarding LoS, but this is a bit much to my taste...

And he pull this off in the First turn, so yeah of course i din't feel guilty or anything for not telling him what my lord was capable of...

On a more enjoyable note, i attended my first gaming convention in years( last one was GD Germany in 06).

Local Convention, not a huge room but large enough to house 22 large tables, with a good bunch of wargames,RPG's and what not.

First day, played against a new player a 800pts game to teach him the basics, versus Orks.

The guy din't play since mid 3rd Ed.

SO not much, i Play Khârn, Zerker squad, marines squad and a Plasma dread, versus 30 Boyz, 1 trukk, 1 bikeBoss, one Foot boss and 2 Killakans+ 4 meganobs.

Khârn killed 6 Boyz, the Biker Boss and 2 meganobs.

The guy was pretty satisfied neverless, happy to play a game and learn the basic rules.

Later played once again against orks, 1k pts, to the original list i added my Defiler Knight and a Dark Apostle.

Once again Khârn got 17 'Ardboyz and a Deff Dread.

Next day, i played again a 1.150 Pts vs another chaos player, who played ...Khârn!!!

It was Khârn with 9 marines in a rhino, 2x2 Oblits A Flying Deamon Prince with AoBF and Skalathrax flamer and 20 Cultists.

20 minutes before he was playing a demonstration game, a 2 Vs2, with a Tzeentch oriented list, this is important for later.

Win the roll, let him deploy and begin, tries to get the initiative back, fails.

he deploys his rhino in the middle with one Oblit team on one side in a building and the other opposite and the cultists next the rhino, the table is heavy in Urban fight terrains.

i deploy my Defiler Knight and Dread infront of his rhino.

He go full speed ahead with the Rino, and advance the rest with poor Dt test.

He tries to go to the relic and secure it.

My Defiler knights shoots, obliterate the rhino in the sky, i wound 7 of the 10 guys in it and kill 4 of them, leaving Khârn and 5 Marines.

He put them on the table, and he packs them tightly in the hope that my Plasma dread will deviate..., and i get a HIT, so the Marines are now all dead and his Khârn fails his save and loose a wound.

I try to get his DPrince out of the sky with my CMarines squad, but i can't get a wound on him.

His turn His Khârn Charge my Maulerfiend( that i had added to the list) and destroys it( not much of a surprise there), but the Mauler is placed in a way that he have to go through him if he wants to come closer to my Apostle and Marines squad, so he consolidate through it, and make a Dangerous terrain, fails the tets and his saving throw, Khârn is left with one wound.

he charges with his prince into my Defiler, and roll the dice for the Dweapon and gets...1, so yeah we had a Dprince with WS1 and lost a wound( for info he got EW with his Mutation gift at the start of the game).

So my Defiler retialate and ends up killing the Dprince!

WHile on the other side Khârn annahilated the Cultists squad and was in a good position to get the Left side Oblit team.

Now on my turn I move my Khârn and fail my Charge, and my Dark Apostle and marines( the last 4) go to where the Other Khârn is.

I charge him, he strikes first of course and wounds my Apostle 6 times, i roll the invul saves(one at a time), 4...,5...,5...,6...,4...,6, and then comes my Apostle turn( he had the AoBF) gets 10 A, and kill Khârn!

At this point we called it a wrap, it was interessting, and we had a few Epic moments.

Okay, so i realize that my last post was a bit long and maybe tedious to read, i'm sorry, i'm trying to keep thing short, but thats not easy.

So played today versus an Eldar guy, he's the kinda of guy who always, and i really mean always, ends in the top at tournaments, so it was a bit hard.

But in the end he won 7 to 5 so it was not a complete failure on my part.

So Khârn din't kill much, LR got immobilized Turn one, got to run and sprint from ruin to ruin, and in he end he did accompany the zerker squad to get the objective on my end of the table.

But at the last turn the Wraithknight( who was allready 2 wounds down), tryed to charge into the ruin and run over my unit, Khârn striked at it, and took the 4 last wound!!

So Khârn 1- Wraithknight 0

• 2 months later...

In a weekend game there my Khârn made his debut and killed:

14 plague marines

A Helbrute

A MoN chaos lord in termie armour with all the trimmings

And half of his own squad

Before splitting off on his own to mince a rhino

He then got mowed down by a pair of heavy bolter toting havocs.

I would consider this a pretty healthy first outing