UK Grand Tournament topic

Iron-Daemon Forge

That me got my GT ticket today by store mail order arrive ;) Heat 1 is offical & no mess up. Now just to find some armies I not fought in a while (to many orks & Marines, not fought Eldar since March & like wise with Tau & Chaos).

IP

Well, my first GT as well and I'm down for heat 3 along with a couple from my gaming group.

Is there going to be a bit of a roundup of who's going to be at each heat? Would be good to meet up with some of the B&C crowd.

Well, my first GT as well and I'm down for heat 3 along with a couple from my gaming group.

Is there going to be a bit of a roundup of who's going to be at each heat? Would be good to meet up with some of the B&C crowd.

Check the first post, I've edit to have a list of people who are attending what heat (though right now not had much time since I'm up to my head with real life stuff all this week :wallbash: )

IP

I'll be at heat one ;)

was a close run thing mail order messed up but they've sorted it now and i'm getting my ticket in the post this week.

I'll be using a Vulkan list but painted as imperial fists - i'm just a sucker for painting yellow.

thought the whole melta/flamer thing fits quite nicely with their seige background

I'll be at heat one <_<

was a close run thing mail order messed up but they've sorted it now and i'm getting my ticket in the post this week.

I'll be using a Vulkan list but painted as imperial fists - i'm just a sucker for painting yellow.

thought the whole melta/flamer thing fits quite nicely with their seige background

Good to see your going to the GT ;) As said by PM if we do get draw to battle each other I have my IW honour to uphold, that & I need revange when I fought your Ultramarines (still hold a grudge vs Tigerius (sp?))

IP

• 2 weeks later...
I cant make it :P

My Justicars of Dorn will have to stay in their cabinet and be dust free for another day. :P

Corpus

Shame your not going, you should keep a eye out over onw warseer/heresy on line or a few other fourm.

harrytheschmuck: What legion is your chaos base on?? Also I rememeber your report about last year with it being veyr close to the time to get through.

Can't wait for a tournament on 12th Sept Counter Attack that ELG Edinbrugh (1750pts) so see how it all gose :(

IP

I'll be attending heat 3 with my Dark angels.

Our gaming group caught GT fever and around 12 of us will make the treck up to Nottingham. A few marine armies among us and a smattering of other races.

Of the marine forces going up with us one seems to be gaining ground as a quite scary force is a Pedro mechanised list.

My own Dark angels will be yet another different flavour from previous years. This time there will be some green marines in there and the notable absence of Belial and Sammael. I'm trying to see how well I can get on without them and so far things have been disturbingly good.

Well, I should be heading down to the good ol' GT heat 3 this year with my Space Wolves, if I can turn my old Wolves into some semblance of an army for teh new codex.

However, failing that, I have a ridiculous guard army instead. :P nuff said!

NR :P

Well, I should be heading down to the good ol' GT heat 3 this year with my Space Wolves, if I can turn my old Wolves into some semblance of an army for teh new codex.

However, failing that, I have a ridiculous guard army instead. :o nuff said!

NR ;)

Will be nice to see you at heat 3 Nightrunner, will they be using the new rules for the wolves by then? Incidentally Marcus (of the mortar spam you encountered last year) will be coming to heat 3 as well. He's been trying out some interesting guard lists, notably an air cavalry one. Also might use a Kor'sarro bike list instead but he seems keen with the guard.

Do spill though, what's the ridiculous guard army?

Will be nice to see you at heat 3 Nightrunner, will they be using the new rules for the wolves by then? Incidentally Marcus (of the mortar spam you encountered last

year) will be coming to heat 3 as well. He's been trying out some interesting guard lists, notably an air cavalry one. Also might use a Kor'sarro bike list instead but he seems keen with the guard.

Do spill though, what's the ridiculous guard army?

haha, no mortars? I would have thought that the very thought of three grifffons, re-rolling to hit, would have been more than enough to keep him on that tactic!!!!! Tell him I look forward to a revenge match ;)

My guard list is ridiculous if only because it means i have to buy ALL of it and paint it by November, and two (!!!!!!!!!!!) troops choices is a little fragile:

Straken CCS w/4 flamers and astropath, Marbo, 2xMelta vets, LRBT squadron w/las (2), hydra squadron (2), manticore (or medusa), three vendettas. I usually do all-reserves, and its worked quite well so far, as everyone can fire to full effect when they turn up and it has a bit of anti-everything.

Im pretty sure the SW codex will be available for heat 3, but am uber worried that it will be very, very different and I dont want to go to the GT with an army I havent really had the chance to tweak? Your own list seems to be looking pretty fearsome, from the victories in your prep thread. Im guessing you will be an old hand at squashing guard lists by November ;)

NR :D

What dose everone think this year main armies will be/to watch out for.

I made a few little changies to my own list to deal with tank a bit better. Wish my dice stop being rubbish right now (90% over heat on my combi plasma right now :P )

IP

I think the usual suspects for the most part. Double lash and Mech Eldar will be there squabbling at the top. Orks will be up there and maybe a daemon list or two. I expect lots of marine lists as always but I've yet to find anyone who's come up with a seriously solid list. The special characters are mean but there's something missing from the core of the list.

There'll be a few guard up there with, I imagine, lots of tanks. In particular valkyries and vendettas, which are so far proving extremely popular.

I do think there's a chance we'll see more variety this year. The new guard have added another army that can field effective horde lists and more to the point work differently and must be tackled differently to the usual elitist list we've grown to expect at the GT. Although I've seen a number of elite guard lists with lots of veterans there's still a lot more models than in the marine or eldar lists we've grown used to. Not to mention plenty of big guns.

Nightrunner; I actually think he'd considered 6+ griffons and a goodly number of mortar teams. However the temptation of the valkyries proved too much at the time. He's got multiple missile pods on some of them so he still has pie plates. Those things can really chuck out a lot of fire. He might still go back to mortar spam but the GT final knocked his faith in them hard with a string of games against foes that just laughed off those mortars.

Haha, that worries and scares me in equal amounts - I've decided to wait for the new SW codex, giving me a veeeeeeeeeeeery short time to adjust my Wolves to their new rules. Should be fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NR :)

Well good luck to you with that. I'm personally very worried about the new puppies...sorry, Space Wolves. It was bad enough for my Dark angels under the last codex. Following most of the rumours though the new codex should be very good. I'll look forward to seeing it. Will you be up on the friday? Our group will hopefully be up there a little after lunch on the friday. I'd like to get a game immediately before the actual event this time. A non competitive game up at Warhammer world would make for a very novel change for me.

The Space Wolf Codex will be using the OLD rules, not the new. The GT pack specifies that the rules must be out for pulic release at least a month before the heats, plus it also says in the pack the list of codexes with their product codes :) WOuld be unfair if heat 1 couldn't use the new rules but 2 and 3 could.

The Space Wolf Codex will be using the OLD rules, not the new. The GT pack specifies that the rules must be out for pulic release at least a month before the heats, plus it also says in the pack the list of codexes with their product codes :) WOuld be unfair if heat 1 couldn't use the new rules but 2 and 3 could.

They done this with codex Chaos Space Marines in 2007 where the old one was in use for Heat 1 but the brand new version was use in Heat 2 onword. Codex Space Marine last year the Traites version use for Heat 1 while the current one was use for Heat 2 on word.

I belive they also had the code's for the codexies last year & the year before??

I'd guess Space Wolves will follow in term of Heat 1 old, Heat 2 onword new since it'll been out since Oct the 3rd.

But it alway best to e-mail the GW event team since they are no longer doing the FQA for the GT ;)

IP

well my tournament "luck" begins early this year - just sprayed up my assault termies and lo and behold the lovely skull white spray has decided to slightly melt and bubble the plastic :(

Unluck.

Just attended a tournament on Sat & came 4th overall & pick up player chose for painted army :D

I need to get more experince vs Tau & my Obliterators need to learn how to fire Lascannons that tanks. Other than that I am happy with how my army has done.

IP

Archived