Sister of Battle Costume!

I love the Comissar's 'chops, and that Plasma Pistol is ace! Can't wait to seemore of your work in the warhammer 40K costume division :huh:

By the way, how hot was it in that thing for your lovely spouse? It looks steaming to be in that thing most of the day...

Arenis

i like the little fleur de lis on her cheek, very nice touch haha, may i ask how you made the guns? i would very much like to make myself a bolt pistol (maybe even a holy bolter heh, oh or a chainsword to go along with it ;) ) but i just can't seem to find the right material.... and i suck at cutting wood lol

Kommisar Kai, excellent work! Nothing short of amazing! My compliments to you and your wife.

Is there any chance of you showing the armour when it isn't worn? I'm curious how you've connected the various components to each other/into which pieces it comes apart.

Also, any chance on revealing the approach and techniques you used in making the armour? (Unless you consider that trade secret naturally, I don't mean to pry.)

Bye, Modhail

So my wife took the SoB suit i recently finished making out for a spin on Saturday of San Diego Comic Con, the prototype run as it were.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/kaikaiAA/Sister/SisterPrayer.jpg

Wow, you have an understanding wife :P Can't see my wife dressing up to go to Games Day with me... "Sure darling, everyone is wearing them!" :P

Seriously, fantastic work, you should both be very proud. Ialso can't believe that Empire online chose to feature this far, far, far inferior Space Marine costume in their gallery of Comic Con costumes over this one.

I was in my new commissar costume with my plasma pistol, including manly chops (i'll post shots of that later) and i took some business cards with me, i ran out, and i was not giving them out to just random passers by, they were given to professionals of the industry who were interested in the costume.

Just be careful they're not spies from GW's IP department, out to make sure people aren't being 'creative' with their IP ;)

Excellent work, looking forward to what you come up with next year... ;)

my method for the boltpistol? i have a tutorial up for it on www.bolter.blog.com

my techniques with the armor? all of it was made by hand, the only two electric tools i used were a heat gun and a hand dremmel tool.

so many people think i vacuformed the whole thing, but i have yet to indulge myself with one of them.. yet.

Firestorm, my wife has played 40k, she just doesnt have an army right now, shes interested in witch hunters though..

actually what turned her onto the Sisters of Battle (yes, i didn't initiate the project, she pulled a "hey hooooney, you know what i would like?" on me) was the Dark Heresy game i run, in which she is currently playing one, due to her tech priest dieing a messy death.

in the game shes practically a Valkyrie, shes born on fenris, inducted into the sisterhood, and now serves as one of the two meatshields of the party, and shes going to be getting medicae and jump pack useage soon too... O.o in the game that is...

Also about empire online, perhaps they didn't see us around? i wish the marine took the time he spent on the shoulders on the greaves too.. they look alittle too blocky.. oh well, at least he tried.. .i wonder why he used real feathers on the chest..?

and no, i have no fear from GW pursuing me for legal reasons, i'm just a fan with too much time on his hands, now if i were making these things to sell on ebay, THEN they would be coming after me.

The suit is hands down the best 40k costume i've seen since the picture of the two ultramarines.

I've been tryng to make purity seal for a while now and could never get results as awesome as you did. If it's ok with you could you explain how you made them and what you used to attach them?

The suit is hands down the best 40k costume i've seen since the picture of the two ultramarines.

I've been tryng to make purity seal for a while now and could never get results as awesome as you did. If it's ok with you could you explain how you made them and what you used to attach them?

happily.

the seal strips are fabric, i felt paper strips were too flimsy for the battlefield, or conventions..

the actual "wax" seal is made from sculpey, two parts, the base, which is a coin shaped disc with a flat surface around the size of a US quarter dollar coin in the middle, the outside is an uneven raised boarder.

the second part is the skull, -][- or fleur de lys, which is sculpted or pressed into a mold and trimmed roughly, and then trimmed heavily once fired.

once both pieces are fired, trimmed and glued together, a pin badge backing is attached, it's painted and then given a coat of varnish.

i made an adeptus iratus angry marine seal with Fffffffffffffffffff! written upon it, but i lost it, and several other pin badges at con..

well i got some better shots of the commissar uniform, i will get some of the great coat as well, at gencon.

the purity seal on this gun reads: "piety to the emperor is measured in strength"

the best one on the chest reads "fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to victory"

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/kaikaiAA/Cain/2199296.jpg

i need a better belt, or to hide it...

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/kaikaiAA/Cain/2199297.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/kaikaiAA/Cain/2199295.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/kaikaiAA/Cain/2199294.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/kaikaiAA/Cain/2199298.jpg

You good sirare awesome! You win.... something let me figure out what

Now I wish I was a chick so I could wear that XD

But consider that Commissar outfit stolen.

Also nice necron warrior fighting the Emperor would be most pleased

I will add my voice to the chorus of "awesome costume"! I saw it in person at Comic-Con (I'm the girl in the armor with the banner in the group pictures), and it looks just as good in person as it does in these pictures.

The built-in camelback was possibly the best comfort idea I have seen- the Death Korp of Krieg commissar you can see in some of the pictures did the same thing, and I wish I had thought of it, too. :D

I will add my voice to the chorus of "awesome costume"! I saw it in person at Comic-Con (I'm the girl in the armor with the banner in the group pictures), and it looks just as good in person as it does in these pictures.

The built-in camelback was possibly the best comfort idea I have seen- the Death Korp of Krieg commissar you can see in some of the pictures did the same thing, and I wish I had thought of it, too. :)

I envy you being next to such awesomeness. What is it like?

Also, Herr Kommisar, you have fine taste in sideburns. If only I could grow facial hair like that. Damn sideburns not growing out :lol: :lol: .

The built-in camelback was possibly the best comfort idea I have seen- the Death Korp of Krieg commissar you can see in some of the pictures did the same thing, and I wish I had thought of it, too. :D

I envy you being next to such awesomeness. What is it like?

Also, Herr Kommisar, you have fine taste in sideburns. If only I could grow facial hair like that. Damn sideburns not growing out :D ;) .

i wish i could grow them like that! they're fake i'm afraid, i can't seem to grow chops of that scale yet.

Oh my Commissar Kai...do you hear that? It's Elvis, spinning in his 38,000 year old grave.

The 41st Millenium is an age of war, but it is also an age of Elvis impersonators...

Nice work man. My wife, wonderful woman that she is, would shoot me if I tried to walk out the door in a Warhammer outfit. But my inner nerd is in awe. :)

RoV

Archived