New South Wales

Brother Tyler

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did live in the Hills, but moved back to the UK. I'm considering returning. Does anyone know of a gaming club near West Pennant/Castle Hill?

Cherrybrook Tech Adepts meet twice a month, Saturdays 8pm to midnight. Cool crowd, pretty chilled. Northern Knights fellas are good value too, been to a few of their tourneys.

RoV

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I live in Sydney CBD and in Newport, i  go to the battlebunker Sydney  GW store and the chatswood store. Personally speaking while the battle bunker is bigger and less crowded i prefer the chatswood store owner Franz. However ill be in the BB more often.

As you can see in my signature is the IA of the army i play and my 1500 point army list. About to increase it to 2000+ points but waiting on models.

• 2 weeks later...

Disciples Raptura, Sydney,

My local store is Chatswood so if you see a guy with purple and gold Chaos Marines that have the upper right section of the leg left black, that's me.

I'm at chatswood to! So if you see a wave serpent with bone colour lines then that's me

• 1 month later...

Inner West pom here, usually go to the Battle Bunker in the CBD, collect Space Marines (BA Jumpers), IG and working on a Chaos Dwarf BB team and Cultist Necromunda gang.

Be good to meet up with anyone who's into playing smaller games and painting. If you're interested in checking out my stuff, I run a wee blog here.

WotF.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i live north coast nsw. more a painter/collector than gamer. Byron Bay area (more or less) i do 40k mainly. 

ork, nids, chaos space marines and chaos renegade/LOTD

also high elves, skaven (soon admech) 

Edited by SkullHornet

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

For those interested there is a small tourney being held in the Sydney CBD - 99 On York.

It is a 1K tourney that will be held this Friday (3rd) with three games then on the 17th with the next 3 games. PM me if interested and I will send you the info. 

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

anyone way out west (sydney) playing Epic now days? as in hawesbury/windsor/richmod or penrith and as far east as say... parramatta?

watched some games at Cancon and it looked awesome... so got to get me some of that.

clearly this thread doesn't get much viewing given last post almost a yaer ago but worth a shot i guess. i've had a squiz on wargamerau as well but though i'd start within comfort zone first.

• 1 month later...

anyone way out west (sydney) playing Epic now days? as in hawesbury/windsor/richmod or penrith and as far east as say... parramatta?

watched some games at Cancon and it looked awesome... so got to get me some of that.

clearly this thread doesn't get much viewing given last post almost a yaer ago but worth a shot i guess. i've had a squiz on wargamerau as well but though i'd start within comfort zone first.

Get yourself on Epic.au, tactical command forums and Wargamerau for local epic action.

We are hoping to grow the scene in Sydney again this year, we just need someone to run the event.

We have a big club up the coast a bit in Newcastle which will be running a newcommer friendly 2 day tournament later in the year.

Get yourself on Epic.au, tactical command forums and Wargamerau for local epic action.

We are hoping to grow the scene in Sydney again this year, we just need someone to run the event.

We have a big club up the coast a bit in Newcastle which will be running a newcommer friendly 2 day tournament later in the year.

Hey Mard,

i visited legions a couple of weekends back and it looked good. got lost so i got there late and everyone was concentrating on the gaming though so i ninja'd in and ninja'd out after a walk around.

as much as i'd like to epic not having anyone to play locally means mainly more playing solo (dice mastication, no mods, not that one... only implied).

i'm hoping that the gw release of the new epic incarnation may spark some interest locally, even if it is 10mm. my models are all proxies anyway so i don't feel betrayed by this alleged format change :)

alternately i'd be happy to speak to players this end even if that means a monthly road trip north but i can't seem to find any (out west anyway. it takes not substantially less time to travel into the CBD as it does to drive to newcastle).

epic.au last i checked my registration was locked or awaiting clearance or something. wargamerau i can now log on but cannot post comments... all a bit frustrating and from a look around i didn't find any players local anyway.

so not giving up but i've started rolling infinity dice for now which is fun. Will keep an eye open for anything with the word epic in it in the meantime and may go for a drive up to legions if there's something epic specific happening.

cheers and thanks for the continued interest (it's appreciated),

paulJam

PS i just tried wargamerau again and it worked for me now!! Emperor be praised!

Thanks for the (good) jinx mard.

Edited by paulJam

• 7 months later...

a general shout out to any sydney folk...

we've got regular Epic days at campbelltown hall of heros, last weekend of the month (day varies by mutual agreement) except when this clashes with events like moab.

has been running for... (checks own post) since about march 2016. small but enthusiastic group, beginner friendly.

if interested shoot me a pm as i don't drop into thread as much as i should.