Dark Angels StrikeForce

bevulf

That is an absolutely beautifully painted miniature bevulf. I really, really like him. The only area I think could be improved might be the head of the force weapon - a little more definition might help make it pop.

Darius, bevulf is being careful as he knows we have strict rules about advertising for commissions.

Perhaps it might be worth sending him a PM and exploring the possibility that way?

Bevulf, is that little angel insignia a personal emblem of some sort? I've noticed it on a number of your models.

• 3 weeks later...

I hadn't checked your pics for a while.. man, your paint skills are impressive!

Regarding the Company Master...

1.- Doesn't look quite as ..."crisp"? as the previous models. I really like it when you give them...luminosity? Maybe this one was primed black?

2.- The white sword freehand under the bolter... maybe its the angle, but it doesn't look quite straight.

3.- Can you come over my house in Spain this weekend and finish up my terminators, dreadnoughts, vindicator and LRC? You know, as a DA Brother favour thing.. xD I'll let you drink as much tap water as you want xDD

Very nice stuff!

Thanks Tanhausen and as for what you wrote:

1. maybe it is background/lightning or more likely that the metal from which the miniature was made was not as clean and sharp as it should be. It had some strange cracks on the surface. Painting it was really hard and it may caused the final effect to be slightly different than on the previous models.

2. this small sword is not a freehand - it was sculpted originally on the miniature.

3. thanks for invitation and the tap water :). I've never been to Spain but I'd loved to visit your country :)

Wow, that's nice. I particularly like the freehand on the banner. I think it could be the background for the photo, but the green highlights look a little too bright when compared to the rest of the miniature. I suspect that is a by-product of the photography though. Any chance of showing him with a white or pale blue background?

Overall, I think the painting is first rate - I really must paint mine one of these days!

Nice. Looking at it again, I'm not sure the green highlights are as bright as I thought. I suspect it's the flash and lighting that make them seem starker than they actually are. Interesting.

How did you do the purple?

How did you do the purple?

Will you believe that it is actually Scab Red mixed with Chaos Black as a basecoat and then followed with pure scab red, then highlighted with increasing amount of bleached bone in several layers? it was also washed all over with watered-down leviathan purple at the end.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived