How to convert thunderwolves

Oldenhaller

Though this would either require some good conversion or some laid-back friends, this may become a 'cheap' alternative:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4058/4629507036_fbe387b593_o.jpg

Good for:

-Converting to look like a mechano-wolf

-13th Company lists

-World Eaters counts-as

:P

So it will be a crap conversion in plastic? Hahahahaaha!

Believe what you want. Between

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4025/4631195262_7c1432be03_o.jpg

and

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3361/4631193106_b43de00592_o.jpg

Well, there's no comparison whatsoever. :rolleyes:

We don't know if the BC is plastic. And I don't think so, 'cause GW is not that stupid. Most likely it's just another metal variant.

Whatever you want to believe, but it's looking more and more likely. Honestly, it would make more sense to release a plastic version of a model that is popular but turns off a lot of people with such a high price tag than to just release a new sculpt that's still in metal.

I am dying for my wolves to arrive from the Philippines!!!!

So it will be a crap conversion in plastic? Hahahahaaha!

Believe what you want. Between

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4025/4631195262_7c1432be03_o.jpg

and

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3361/4631193106_b43de00592_o.jpg

Well, there's no comparison whatsoever. B)

The comparison is easy. One is a Space Wolf and one isn't.

Just go with Horses. They require no conversion and are the cheapest in money.

BTW: dont get started about the horse wouldnt be able to carry the Marine cause that is bull if you compare the model size of the marine to an Imperial guardsmen and than apply the fluff of marines being bigger than normal man.

Just go with Horses. They require no conversion and are the cheapest in money.

BTW: dont get started about the horse wouldnt be able to carry the Marine cause that is bull if you compare the model size of the marine to an Imperial guardsmen and than apply the fluff of marines being bigger than normal man.

please dont suggest horses.

besides being sillier than riding Wolves (which in itself took time to fully accept), it promotes laziness and a lack of creativity in those who are potentially thinking of creating an actual WOLF mount.

WLK

Agreed, WLK.

I would also say that a horse would never support a marine ever, whether you think it's bull or not.

Even if marines were guard sized,

Thick Ceramite = Heavy.

The models being similar sized means nothing, because the models are not true scale.

just to prove it take ZERO talent to get decent looking TWC models, here is one of mine.

he is a WGBL on TWC mount. the mount comes from Heroclix, the Thor line, called the Fenris Wolf. (suprise suprise i know...)

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i65/kieran_m/Apoc%20Vs%20Nick%205-8-10/100e1520.jpg

WLK

Agreed, WLK.

I would also say that a horse would never support a marine ever, whether you think it's bull or not.

Even if marines were guard sized,

Thick Ceramite = Heavy.

The models being similar sized means nothing, because the models are not true scale.

The only way I would use a horse mount was if I wanted to get some practice with the thunderwolf cav and wanted to make sure I wanted them badly enough to go through the process of Green-stuffing however many high lions or shelling out that much cash to MrDandy. That being said,I allready own one of Dandy's lovely wolves for my wolf lord,and the game gods willing will be fielding it in just over16 hours. Don't say "don't use horses" instead say "Don't settle for Horses if your serious about using Thunderwolves"

just to prove it take ZERO talent to get decent looking TWC models, here is one of mine.

he is a WGBL on TWC mount. the mount comes from Heroclix, the Thor line, called the Fenris Wolf. (suprise suprise i know...)

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i65/kieran_m/Apoc%20Vs%20Nick%205-8-10/100e1520.jpg

WLK

Yeah I know...I am waiting for delivery of that very one. It and a pair of the white Lions I am going to convert. Once I am done with all those I will decide which ones I like the most,and quite possibly ebay off the one or ones I dont like.

i alway have around 6 HE converted War Lions. I (dont at times) like them much myself, cause i am a mix of lazy and my green stuff-fu is very very weak. i have seen several EXCELLENT conversions though, so it ultimately is with the modeler to do their best.

i keep them anyways, as they are a point of pride for me (no other Wolf in the area has TWC) and there is no official model yet.

WLK

i alway have around 6 HE converted War Lions. I (dont at times) like them much myself, cause i am a mix of lazy and my green stuff-fu is very very weak. i have seen several EXCELLENT conversions though, so it ultimately is with the modeler to do their best.

i keep them anyways, as they are a point of pride for me (no other Wolf in the area has TWC) and there is no official model yet.

WLK

Well..My greenstuff-fu is still developing. It seems I still have my flair for conversions...as I have managed to do a ton of them with just a kitchen knife. Hell...all the Green stuff I have done has been with that same kitchen knife in fact. Wife has promised a set of modeling tools eventually,so that will change hopefully. Granted I have been working my way up to doing the Greenstuff for a TWC...Just made three rather nice Wulfen mods to two marines and one scout,with the aid of a Ghoul arm spure and greenstuff fur covering their arms and a pair of chaos hounds turned to Fenrisian wolves. How hard was it getting the HE lions set up and ready to green stuff?

Unfortunately I am the only real Wolf player around my store. The only other one is...well..he had Grimnar cowering like a puppy for three rounds straight going to ground just because he was attached to the drop podded Long fang squad. Thankfully by the time that game was done he was tabled except for Grimnar and I won that tournament.

If using Chaos Knight horses works out better for your army's budget, then go for it. There's nothing wrong with it.

The comparison is easy. One is a Space Wolf and one isn't.

Yep, only thing he's missing is a Khorne-imprinted hoof through the head. ;)

Archived