How to convert thunderwolves

Oldenhaller

Very nice, this one. Is it dire wolves with GS-fur? 'Cause I might do this for my fen wolves...

Yes, it is the dire wolves from the VC range. They require some bulking out, and a fair bit of green stuff. I'm also looking at the chaos warhounds, when I can get my hands on them.

Magnus

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here is a new option for TWC I found on CMON. Take a look;

http://coolminiornot.com/250219

http://coolminiornot.com/250129

http://coolminiornot.com/250130

So what do you think? I think the sculpting is top-notch and the wolf is alien enough to be different but notably still wolf-looking. The only thing I don't like is the lowness of the head and that judging from the scale ruler they are rather on the smallish side. they cost $30 from ebay and there are urrently 3 types for sale.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=290433629666

Any other thoughts?

I like the one giving the high five, seriously these look kind of over fed to me, look kinda like boars with fur, plus the back legs dont look like they could support that bulk,

I like the one giving the high five, seriously these look kind of over fed to me, look kinda like boars with fur, plus the back legs dont look like they could support that bulk,

I was going to say the same thing. Way too porcine.

Those would be great for Orcs (Black Orcs on giant Wolves, hell yeah o.O), but not really Space Wolfy. So far, I think the ones from Mr. Dandy were the best. But finding wolves for a reasonable price is a different story...for the price of the most third party wolves I could aswell buy Canis five times and be free to play where I like.

Imo Dire Wolves and Chaos Warhounds make great Fenriswolves, but are way too small for PA-Riders.

Those would be great for Orcs (Black Orcs on giant Wolves, hell yeah o.O), but not really Space Wolfy. So far, I think the ones from Mr. Dandy were the best. But finding wolves for a reasonable price is a different story...for the price of the most third party wolves I could aswell buy Canis five times and be free to play where I like.

Imo Dire Wolves and Chaos Warhounds make great Fenriswolves, but are way too small for PA-Riders.

How do you figure that? Mr Dandy gives you 5 wolves for $95 shipped. That would only buy you 2 1/2 Canis models. Jeanwulf2k costs you about $75-80 for 5. That gets you a little less then 2 Canis models.

Considering that the argument that Canis is not using a TWM but Fangir, you could just as easily not be able to use your 5 Canis models then any aftermarket wolves.

I meant GW-Events and Fangir is the only TWM around.

I live in Europe, so it's 13$ Shipping. If I buy them at Wayland, for example, I'll get at least 4 Wolves for that price. I'd take Jeanwulf2k's (the heads aren't really good, but I think it's possible to fix them with enough GS and Plastic Card), but it seems like he isn't shipping to Europe. So, I'm kinda screwed.

Well...As the Games Workshop rules state that since they dont have a model for it,the scratch built rule comes into effect. This was from..I think 2009's heat,but I believe it would stand...so our options are decent at the moment..

As far as it goes...the MrDandy Thunderwolves...While expensive...They are freaking huge...their shoulder is as tall as a marine...so for a IC they look awesome...and 5 of them would look intimidating as hell. Plus the sculpts are 5 different poses...and they do a good job in my opinion.

I meant GW-Events and Fangir is the only TWM around.

I live in Europe, so it's 13$ Shipping. If I buy them at Wayland, for example, I'll get at least 4 Wolves for that price. I'd take Jeanwulf2k's (the heads aren't really good, but I think it's possible to fix them with enough GS and Plastic Card), but it seems like he isn't shipping to Europe. So, I'm kinda screwed.

There was a guy out of Germany that was making some decent ones. Nurgle Puss is his name here I think and you can find samples of his GS and then his molded ones in the PCA forums. He was shipping to all of Europe and his prices where low.

Finally! Sweet Russ some decent Thunder Wolves!!!

I will buy a couple of them - especially if they have a few poses.

Anyone else think this when they see those other new wolves!

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh132/Mjolnir81/haircut_critters.jpg

Finally! Sweet Russ some decent Thunder Wolves!!!

I will buy a couple of them - especially if they have a few poses.

Anyone else think this when they see those other new wolves!

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh132/Mjolnir81/haircut_critters.jpg

Lol...Now if only they had made mini's for those things when they got bigger in later movies...or the rolling ball of them...That would be a good "works as" for the TW cav lol.

There was a guy out of Germany that was making some decent ones. Nurgle Puss is his name here I think and you can find samples of his GS and then his molded ones in the PCA forums. He was shipping to all of Europe and his prices where low.

I'd love to see them, but I cant find anyone called like that :cuss

I like the MicroArts-Wolves, but they haven't released them yet...

The Microart wolf looks great, I gotta say. However, as he's talking about "a new mini", not a few, I have my doubts about him releasing in different poses.

For me, that would make it a no go for use as a unit, but I guess we'll see.

That and the fact that the wolf actually has nuts, that's just a tad bit too hilarious for me.

The Microart wolf looks great, I gotta say. However, as he's talking about "a new mini", not a few, I have my doubts about him releasing in different poses.

That and the fact that the wolf actually has nuts, that's just a tad bit too hilarious for me.

In any other time or place,The thought that you lifted the tail to check would have me saying "Your kink is not ok...Given the situation...Im still pretty sure its not ok lol"

In any other time or place,The thought that you lifted the tail to check would have me saying "Your kink is not ok...Given the situation...Im still pretty sure its not ok lol"

Well they are suppused to all be alpha males. Can't very well ride a nuetered wolf into combat!

Archived