How to convert thunderwolves

Oldenhaller

If using Chaos Knight horses works out better for your army's budget, then go for it. There's nothing wrong with it.

The comparison is easy. One is a Space Wolf and one isn't.

Yep, only thing he's missing is a Khorne-imprinted hoof through the head. :D

And that is unlikely to change,since the Chaos Lord thought it would be fine to park it downtown,so it ended up getting stripped,put up on blocks and its legs sold for crack.

And that is unlikely to change,since the Chaos Lord thought it would be fine to park it downtown,so it ended up getting stripped,put up on blocks and its legs sold for crack.

The machinations of Chaos: brought low by street crime. :D

The machinations of Chaos: brought low by street crime. :whistling:

Hey...Chaos is very very powerful...but hive 'Gangers are desperate and they will steal anything not nailed down lol...Besides...ya gotta admit the visual image of a Juggernaut wiggling around on blocks that had been stripped for parts is pretty damn funny.

I know they're relatively new, but has anyone tried using the WHF Ork Boar Boyz mount as a Thunderwolf? They look a good bit larger than the goblin wolves, and if an Ork can sit on one without looking too big, then a Space Marine should look alright.

They have the same kind of design as the cats where the face is a separate piece, so converting it to a wolf (or just leaving it as a boar "Pigs in Space!") should be pretty straightforward.

I know they're relatively new, but has anyone tried using the WHF Ork Boar Boyz mount as a Thunderwolf? They look a good bit larger than the goblin wolves, and if an Ork can sit on one without looking too big, then a Space Marine should look alright.

They have the same kind of design as the cats where the face is a separate piece, so converting it to a wolf (or just leaving it as a boar "Pigs in Space!") should be pretty straightforward.

I have gotten the first of my Wolves from MrDandy,I have the two most popular options for conversions on the way. I have to say that the MrDandy version makes for an awesome ThunderWolf Lord,as the thing is freaking huge. Taller then a Rhino even without the rider,it definitely has the look of something that deserves the extra toughness and attacks.

I will update once I have finished the Conversions for the others.

• 2 weeks later...
Ugh...Trying to convert the Lions has turned into the biggest conversion project I have tackled to date. The Heroclix Fenrisian Wolf was dead simple. Pry him off the game base he was on,Pop him on a 60mm,Green skin a Saddle and belly strap,cut a set of legs to fit him and greenstuff the gaps,and Done. The Lion I am having to greenstuff the entire body,doing a second or third layer of fur on the shoulders to make it look right. Fully reconstructing the face and the ears. Not to mention the further Greenstuffing for a saddle. I am honestly thinking the Wolves would make a better basis for the four legged Servitor's tagging along with an Iron Priest at this point. I mean...they are puny in comparison,they seem to be barely bigger then the models I am using for Fenrisian Wolves.

I personaly am gonna use the 'Circle of Oboros War Wolf Solo' for my Thunderwolf lord; I know the Mr Dandy wolves are huge and awesome but I personally amn't going to use them unless i convert a Canis Wolfborn model, I mean, it says in his background that he rides the biggest Thunderwolf of all so why should my lord have a bigger one? Also the picks of Thunderwolf calvarly show the wolves not to be much bigger than the marine himself.

PS Link to where I got my wolf from:

http://www.giftsforgeeks.org.uk/p/product/...20War%2520Wolf/

I personaly am gonna use the 'Circle of Oboros War Wolf Solo' for my Thunderwolf lord; I know the Mr Dandy wolves are huge and awesome but I personally amn't going to use them unless i convert a Canis Wolfborn model, I mean, it says in his background that he rides the biggest Thunderwolf of all so why should my lord have a bigger one? Also the picks of Thunderwolf calvarly show the wolves not to be much bigger than the marine himself.

PS Link to where I got my wolf from:

http://www.giftsforgeeks.org.uk/p/product/...20War%2520Wolf/

"It ain't the size that counts its how you use it." Anyone that has ever said that,didn't have the size in the first place to know for sure. Seriously though,as far as him having the biggest,That is as far as he knows. I have found that if you feed your thunderwolves a steady diet of Chaos Cultists and Tyrannids,they grow up big and strong *grins*

Besides...With a Unit that freaking awesome...It really should have the look and feel of a Monstrous Creature. Honestly I am seriously tempted to find out if my local store when doing spearhead missions will let me treat TWC as Monstrous Creatures. 3 squads of two Cav,one TH&SS,one SS&Rending claws. I don't think they will go for it though =(

For a few month ago i found another way to great a thunderwolf cavalry. From one of russian community site i buy two set of wolf models which can use as fenresian wolf or thunderwolf mount.

Here is one of model after paint: http://s48.radikal.ru/i122/1003/4f/6869762ca442.jpg (not my paint work!)

And here two set by details:

http://i075.radikal.ru/0912/88/28a8bfadbbca.jpg

http://s40.radikal.ru/i088/0912/66/7e8dfa0bf308.jpg

http://s45.radikal.ru/i107/1003/c0/69bf242ca1a6.jpg

BAH! Had to file a PayPal dispute for the Philippine wolves. He has responded to my questions about where the heck they are, but I needed to file before the deadline was up for me to file. If I get them, I will close the dispute, but need to look out for my cash.

• 2 weeks later...
BAH! Had to file a PayPal dispute for the Philippine wolves. He has responded to my questions about where the heck they are, but I needed to file before the deadline was up for me to file. If I get them, I will close the dispute, but need to look out for my cash.

Wolves came in and they are great. Pics later.

if you chosose the cheap postage option they take forever to arrive, well over a month, closer to 2. But they finally do arrive. mine arrived last week.

Wolves came in and they are great. Pics later.

Brother Ramses-

Glad your Wolves came in. I just got mine in as well. They look OK for the most part. I have a few bubbles here and there, but what really surprised me was the rough texture on the "smooth" parts of the wolves. Like the legs of the space marines are really rough. I loves the included bases as they are pretty hefty and really add weight to the mini.

They'll require some work to get up to tabletop standards, but that's true of just about all resin based models I've ever purchased.

Overall, I think it was a good purchase, but it took forever (6+ weeks!!!) for them to arrive. I'd really like to buy another set, but I kinda feel like it's rolling Craps on when/if I will get them.

Well I bought the Mr. Dandy ones and I love them. I want some more and was looking at the Philipino ones and noticed that there are two separate sellers from the Philipines selling the same models.

Which ones have you guys used and trust the most? I am only wanting one set.

Well...I am a MrDandy fan without a doubt...They look awesome. They are freaking huge...and even without a excess of armor,you get the feeling that these things deserve the statline. They look amazingly imposing on the field...And they are only a little more expensive then some of the conversion base things,and they in my opinion look the best.

Archived