ODM returns

ODM

ODM: They look so bloody deadly. Love the quality of the painting and the very dynamic poses. I just can't believe how fast you seem to churn things out. Keep up the great work.

SG

Thanks, SG. I appreciate the kind words. I got my assault marines built and primed. Will try to get a picture up later.

I can't remember if i've recently commented recently on how awesome these look so i'll say it again just in case ;) i've been tracking the thread and your quality and production rate never ceases to amaze me!

Inspirational as always.

Thanks Sandaphalon. I haven't actually started painting the assault marines yet, although they're primed. I'm hoping to start today/tonight.

Thanks Sandaphalon. I haven't actually started painting the assault marines yet, although they're primed. I'm hoping to start today/tonight.

Thanks guys. Glad you like them. I like painting the markings on rather than using transfers; not sure why.

So do I...

Maybe because Squad markings are supposed to be painted in "real life"...

I find decal symbols not fitting on a model. It's like using a printed banner rather than a freehand one. It just doesn't match, you can clearly see that the symbol is an add-on, just like it's not part of the painted model...

Keep up this nice job man, I really Love those pre heresy termi and don't exclude the possibility to steal the idea for Azrael's Honour guard... :mellow:

Well, after getting the kudos for getting work done quickly, I've slowed way down. Finally something to show.

Here are the 5 assault marines with the first stages of the metal areas done. Next, I'll highlight the metallics.

http://odmiller.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/assaultcswip1.jpg

Here's a rather poor shot of the completed 2nd combat squad of the 7th squad.

http://odmiller.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/assaultsquadcsfinal.jpg

Very nice and dark, the way I always imagine the DA ought to be. I really like the way you've used the running legs to lean the marine over to the side - quite an innovative use of the legs!

Thanks guys, glad you like them. I'm happy to bing up that squad to a full 10 men after all these years. Now they might actually see the table.

Wow, thanks for all the responses. I have the company master painted up. He might be Sheol I suppose, but probably not, as he needs to be from probably around M39 as the Deathwing are still in Black armor.

Here's a shot of the entire squad, ready to take the battle to the enemies of man.

http://odmiller.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/assaultsquadfull.jpg

I do remember Owen's DA from old White Dwarf issues. I based my color on the old painting that graced the Epic space marine game, and a subsequent anthology (let the galaxy burn). That old game cover was what made me paint my first DA back in the 80's!

As for the knee pads, I paint bleached bone first, them the upper half white. Then I paint a thin line dividing the two. Then I paint a line splitting the the top half horizontally. Then three lines vertically to finish a grid, then fill in the black boxes as appropriate.

Archived