New HH novel in the pipeline "The First Heretic"

Brother Subtle

I think this book will be adding another arc to the Prospero incident personally.

As we all know the Custodes accompanied Russ & Sisters to Prospero.

Prospero was technically a 'tragedy' between 'father & son' (emp & Magnus) as Magus had no intention of becoming a heretic, this we also know.

Both the covers of A Thousand Sons & Prospero Burns are bereft of any Custodes...this seemed abit at odds with the Prospero...cover seeing as they played such a seminal part alongside Russ in the razing of Prospero.

Also If you look closely to the artwork on the front cover of 'the first heretic' after the 'y' of The horus heresy, there's what appears to be the top end of a pyramid-like structure...and prospero was full of 'em.

I think this will be about the clash between the Custodes & The Thousand Sons. Nothing at all to do with the Word Bearers.

There's my 2p's worth :devil:

wouldnt the custodes have accompanied the emperor while he was still leading the crusade personally?

on another note, i just read AD-B's cadian book and thought it was one of the better ones written in awhile. hopefully he'll be as adept at writing marines as he was with the characters in this novel. the (small) parts he wrote for Typhon and the other plague marines were certainly the best that ive read outside of a few short stories that i cant name at the moment so i have hope

His short story at the end of the Heroes of the Space Marines anthology, One Hate, was probably one of the best in the book. GW have unearthed a star here. As for this book and the 'pyramid structure' Isn't the inner sanctum of the palace shaped like a pyramid? I reckon Sor Talgrons Word Bearers.

• 1 month later...

Its supposed to be Word Bearers as they had the first Possessed out of all the legions.

Also, Thousand Sons didn't start mutating with possessed until AFTER the heresy when they made the Planet of Sorcerors, its mentioned in the Index Astartes article about them.

From Index Astartes, Thousand Sons: "The Thousand Sons had nearly been destroyed by the threat of uncontrolled mutation in their earliest days before their reunion with their Primarch. Even teh salvation presented by Magnus's instruction was imperfect, requiring constant and vigilant oversight. the terror of it never left some of the Legion's most veteran members, and the rampant corruption they beheld amongst other Traitor Legions as the Heresy ran its course appalled them. They dedicated themselves exclusively to their new master, and for a time Tzeentch seemd to shield them from a similar fate. Even when teh Heresy ultimately failed, and the Thousand Sons were forced to fall back to the Eye of Terror with their comrades in rebellion, Tzeenthch's favor seemed unilateral. Their patron god provided a new planet, rich in magical power for them, a haven from the madness within the Eye for them to continue their research. But the way of the Master of Sorcery is capricious, and no sooner were the Thousand Sons ensconced upon their new home world than the Changer of the Ways began to alter them."

Yea, long post sorry about that, wanted full quote.

Was he not the First Chaplain of the Word Bearers as mentioned in one of the fisrt HH novels? (his name escapes me) He stole the chaos dagger from a planet museum while Horus was visiting and the place went crazy.

Ardus

Was he not the First Chaplain of the Word Bearers as mentioned in one of the fisrt HH novels? (his name escapes me) He stole the chaos dagger from a planet museum while Horus was visiting and the place went crazy.

Ardus

Do you mean the First Heretic, becuase if so, no. Erebus was the fixer for Lorgar, in that he was entrusted to engineer the event of Horus's fall. The entire legion had already turned to the Dark Gods by this point. I believe that the man who suggested the idea of worshipping the Dark Gods to Lorgar was the Black Cardinal Kor Phaeron, although whether or not he was the first heretic.

"Kor Phaeron of Colchis had been the first to cast doubt on the Emperor and his motives. If the Emperor would not accept their worship, there were others who would, he argued. It was First-Chaplain Erebus who first uttered the names of the ruinous powers. Were these not the true Gods of Colchis, to whom they had sworn fealty before the false-god Emperor had tricked Lorgar with a false vision?"

It's all Erebus' fault. Really hoping this book is about him, I love the devious scumbag.

"Kor Phaeron of Colchis had been the first to cast doubt on the Emperor and his motives. If the Emperor would not accept their worship, there were others who would, he argued. It was First-Chaplain Erebus who first uttered the names of the ruinous powers. Were these not the true Gods of Colchis, to whom they had sworn fealty before the false-god Emperor had tricked Lorgar with a false vision?"

It's all Erebus' fault. Really hoping this book is about him, I love the devious scumbag.

How the hell did I miss that?!? :D

If this book is about Erebus, then who is on the cover of The First Heretic? Read the description of Erebus in Dark Creed. He clearly has no visible physical mutations, nor is he mentioned as being possessed.

If Horus Rising is about Loken, then who is on the front? Loken has blond hair, grey eyes, no serious facial scarring and a chainsword, whilst that marine has a dark brown hair, a power sword and a lot of scars.

If Mechanicum is about Adept Koriel Zeth, then why is there a male Adeptus on the front, armed with a gatling gun, which Zeth does not have?

Is that a Custode, or perhaps a fledgling Grey Knight? 'cause that looks an awful lot like a nemesis weapon in his hand...

Its a Custodian. They carried Halberds that were very similar to the Nemesis Force Halberd, except they had a bolter in the tip. See Horus Heresy: Collected Visions for details.

Also, the Grey Knights were not founded until after the Heresy.

It might very well be about the WB but I would like to propose an idea of what that could be:

It is about Erebus and one of the two missing legions. The emperor has one of the legions destroyed due to genetic instability, like 1k Sons. But unlike the 1k Sons, the Primarch was not found in time to attempt to save them. Erebus always felt the Emperor could have done more to save the legion and when Magnus is found and he saves his legion, it only supports Erebus thoughts more.

The color of the armor on the cover is of one of the 2 legions and Erebus convinces Lorgar to change their colors to that of the legion that inspired him to turn to chaos and as a way to further thumb their nose to the Emperor.

Archived