The Stars of Dorn

Lucifer216

Once again I am dumbfounded :thanks: Bloody fantastic! I hope your local store displays these for you!!!

However, inevitably, some people don't like them; I heard some pretty negative comments by this guy:

http://www.boingboing.net/images/kimjongil.jpg

Unfortunately I couldn't understand a word he said...

Wow wow wow, now it's okay for us to make fun of ourselves (as in the case of Team America), but I'm not sure we can stand for a Brit having a laugh at our expense. It's obvious that some one is just going to have to do a Monty Python inspired army next in retribution. Than again, I suppose an Orkish Waaagh as an analog for the Colonial-era British Empire makes up for this slight at least to some degree.

Bahaha, yesss - ork horde army on foot with redcoats! a couple kannons in the back. warboss + nobz with ridiculous hats.

ATTAK OF THE LOBSTER-BACKS!

On a serious note, fantastic army. I laughed my ass off - i love it!

Best. Army. Ever.

Some things I didn't like though. I won't bring them up for fear of being melta'd down by the mods.

Also, I second what TEC said. Your Devs need to be Texans. We like our firepower.

Argon: Feel free to pm me about what you didn't like. As much as I like praise, criticism is more useful!

Funnily enough, I have a squad of Plasma Cannon toting Devastators themed after the Ghostbusters, with a Razorback called "ECTO-1".

Oh and as it happens, one of the chaps I roleplay with occasionally is an ex-biker/soldier from Texas, who once tried to impress us by saying that he shot a civilian in Iraq for overcharging. Frighteningly, this chap once pulled the pin on two grenades in one of our roleplaying games, in a small room, where the badguys were blocking the only exit, with hilarious results. You'll be pleased to know that he hasn't warped my perceptions of Texans or Americans in general, as I've actually visited Texas, Boston and New York (the former on business) and have been pleasantly shocked at how most people have higher standards of manners than in the UK.

Once again I am dumbfounded :) Bloody fantastic! I hope your local store displays these for you!!!

However, inevitably, some people don't like them; I heard some pretty negative comments by this guy:

http://www.boingboing.net/images/kimjongil.jpg

Unfortunately I couldn't understand a word he said...

lol Ah yes, that guy :wub: Black Eyed Peas Parody <- maybe people will like this :devil:

to OP: fantastic models, did give me a chuckle :P

:0 you silly brits you.

I loved your reference to Mr current President. Glad to see someone sees the light :D

Love these guys, honestly I admire you for coming up with so much for a jokes army, its worthy f praise for just the amount of work into them.

Awesome army, I've seen armies based round a comedic theme before but never one so well painted.

Might I suggest getting one of those bolter carrying cherubs and adding glasses and a Kim Jong Il haircut to it (he already has a baby face). He would make a perfect weapon bearer to a command model. :no:

This is genius! Well done! It makes people laugh and stare in wonder at your beautiful minis at the same time! Well done again my dear fellow!

All we need now are Tau from the Bri' Tann sept!

...or Eldar From the Craftworld Fran Cais!

...or Imperial Guard from... Wait a Minute?!

^_^

Archived