=I= Coming in 2010?

jakehunter52

Well, very bad news??? October is High Elves for Fantasy... Does that push DE back to January and then GKs even further back???

Phil

High Elves are a models-only release so i've been told by a few sources. New Seaguard, plastic Swordmasters and White Lions. Possibly a few other model updates, too.

HE are too recent to warrant a new army book. TK are strongest possibility, and there isn't enough info for a solid release on them before the year's end.

Valius has about as much info as we do. Maybe more if he has been stalking the =I= forums recently ;)

Harry and DPA are usually the ones giving us solid rumors, so it's worth visiting the rumor forums on Warseer and Heresy Online to see if anything new has cropped up

I stalk Harry's, Scryer in the Darkness and DPA's posts on warseer like each contained the winning lotto numbers. B&C for good chats, tactics, awseome minis, great background, awseome stories..... *takes breath* Warseer for rumours :)

I stalk Harry's, Scryer in the Darkness and DPA's posts on warseer like each contained the winning lotto numbers. B&C for good chats, tactics, awseome minis, great background, awseome stories..... *takes breath* Warseer for rumours :P

So...

Do you have the winning lotto numbers? :lol:

My local GW store manager suggested I put my Exorcists conversion plans on hold, since "You never know what new toys are coming later in the year". I think he wasn't hinting at no exorcists (I think...) but more that new codex and stuff is coming. He doesn't normally drop hints at all, and has been in the game a long long time.

I think this gives us more hope of a new 'dex before Christmas :)

RoV

My local GW store manager suggested I put my Exorcists conversion plans on hold, since "You never know what new toys are coming later in the year". I think he wasn't hinting at no exorcists (I think...) but more that new codex and stuff is coming. He doesn't normally drop hints at all, and has been in the game a long long time.

I think this gives us more hope of a new 'dex before Christmas :D

RoV

Unfortunately, local GW managers are often as ill-informed as the rest of us, sometimes even more so. So, I'd take it with a grain of salt for sure.

As for us getting a new codex before Christmas, I wouldn't count on it. I believe we will hear something more concrete next month, as GW traditionally lets us know about upcoming army released 3 months ahead of time (and most people are expecting the next 40K release to be slotted for November).

We know new Daemon models are coming next month, and the Warhammer Fantasy 8th edition starter set is slotted for September. Rumors are hinting at October possibly containing a new Fantasy Army book with November being a 40K codex release. Everything is still all rumors right now, but I think that we will have a much clearer picture for the rest of this year by the end of next month.

Well, very bad news??? October is High Elves for Fantasy... Does that push DE back to January and then GKs even further back???

Phil

I think this gives us more hope of a new 'dex before Christmas

Nov time which will be the time of the Dark Eldar which has been point out on here & hinted by people like Harry. Like wise the LotR release that is happen is in Oct time with the High Elfs as well.

Dec time I'd never exspect anything brand new with it being Christmas time, the focuse on any big new release will be loss due to Christmas. As why we tend to set mega paint set, limited ed case for our models, etc....

If I was a guessing man, I'd guess Feb to April for the plastic Grey Knights.....that if Tomb Kings happen in Jan as a release.

IP

Nov time which will be the time of the Dark Eldar which has been point out on here & hinted by people like Harry.

I don't think that DE will be released before GK, because they have dex and models still available. People like Harry tell rumours. Everything will become clear in about few weeks.

Hope for DH.

all i want is an updated witchunter dex and a few plastic sob...surely this will happen soon??? (looks hopeful)

It really depends on what you mean by "soon". I believe that by this time next year, we will be talking about Sisters of Battle in the same way that we are discussing Grey Knights right now. Whenever we see new Grey Knights, Sisters of Battle will likely be a year away at the earliest.

If you subscribe to the theory of Dark Eldar being this November and Grey Knights being February of next year, then Sisters of Battle will be competing with Necrons, Tau, Dark Angels, Black Templar, and possibly even Eldar, Orks and Chaos, for future releases after that.

With GW's propensity for releasing marines, I wouldn't be surprised to see both Dark Angels and Black Templar get new books next year, which doesn't leave much room for Sisters (you figure they have to squeeze at least one xeno codex in there somewhere).

Just a theory.

Edit: Typo

all i want is an updated witchunter dex and a few plastic sob...surely this will happen soon??? (looks hopeful)

It really depends on what you mean by "soon". I believe that by this time next year, we will be talking about Sisters of Battle in the same way that we are discussing Grey Knights right now. Whenever we see new Grey Knights, Sisters of Battle will likely be a year away at the earliest.

If you subscribe to the theory of Dark Eldar being this November and Grey Knights being February of next year, then Sisters of Battle will be competing with Necrons, Tau, Dark Angels, Black Templar, and possibly even Eldar, Orks and Chaos, for future releases after that.

With GW's propensity for releasing marines, I wouldn't be surprised to see both Dark Angels and Black Templar get new books next year, which doesn't leave much room for Sisters (you figure they have to squeeze at least one xeno codex in there somewhere).

Just a theory.

Edit: Typo

The worst part about it is they will probably release a second Codex: Space Marines before our beloved =I= see the light of day with competitive rules.

Of course GW will end up doing it, look at the SM rules and units, compared to the Blood Angels.

GW really needs to roll all the SM codices into one. Maybe we can hope for that in 6th edition. All they need to do is add chapter traits similar to the 4th ed codex, instead of having to use the SC to gain the benefits of belonging to the chapter (which is just silly in the first place). Add the option to take 0-2 Terminator squads as Troops for every HQ choice you have equipped with TDA, and then follow suit with Assault Marines and Bike squads, 0-2 can be taken as Troops with every HQ choice with a Jump pack/Bike.

Sternguard have special ammunition, take 2 HQ choices, one in TDA and one on a bike, and tada! Codex: Dark Angels.

Chapter traits could be something you have to pay a certain amount of points for, like Dark Angels could get 2 units of Sternguard for a single slot on the FOC chart, along with up to 2 attack bikes in every Biker squad for example.

It would be a much more productive way of doing it, as the base units are the same across all the books. GW are just trying to sell them off as individual codices because they get more money from it. It's a shame that companies never do things to benefit their customers

That system sounds confusing as heck, which is why they went to special characters for the remaining chapters without a codex. Also, if you play DA, how upset would you be to get your dex canned? Maybe as upset as a SoB player?

I mean all they need to do is add a trait that causes your marines to generate faith points right?!

Since the minis have been almost discontinued, I am betting we see SoB sooner than 2 years from now. Until then I plan to enjoy my BoSL because I Am sure it will be gone soon!

That system sounds confusing as heck, which is why they went to special characters for the remaining chapters without a codex. Also, if you play DA, how upset would you be to get your dex canned? Maybe as upset as a SoB player?

I mean all they need to do is add a trait that causes your marines to generate faith points right?!

Since the minis have been almost discontinued, I am betting we see SoB sooner than 2 years from now. Until then I plan to enjoy my BoSL because I Am sure it will be gone soon!

You would also have to add the trait that makes them strength 3, toughness 3, ballistic skill 3 and makes them 5 points cheaper too.

SoB are a much different army, unlike Space Marines and their non-codex chapters, where everything has the same statline consisting almost entirely of 4s.

Nov time which will be the time of the Dark Eldar which has been point out on here & hinted by people like Harry.

I don't think that DE will be released before GK, because they have dex and models still available. People like Harry tell rumours. Everything will become clear in about few weeks.

Hope for DH.

But when Scryer in the Darkness tells rumours he tells us exactly what he has and how he's discerned it.

OOH! B)::P:;): Guess what I have in the latest product list!?! :D:D:D

:drooling-smiley-if-we-had-one:

Scryer in the Darkness in response to the Dark Eldar, summry in first post thread in Warseer.

I will put anything within the rules of this forum in my sig until we get a new DE codex if we are before DE.

This was posted by Wyrmwood on Warseer:

If he wrote Codex: Inquisition, specifically the section on the Grey Knights, he'd probably add in some form of child molestation (running with the priest/monk motif). I say this, because clearly he is incapable of any creativity - Blood Angels =/= Vampires = BLOOD, he just rolls with the most brain dead, nonsensical association and expands on it till critical mass is reached.

end quote

Now whilst I hope he would not be that bad, I still want Ward to be kept away from the Grey Knights, I would be happy to wait another 2 years if it ment we would not be done by Ward.

So do any of you reckon Ward will be given the Grey Knights to do, and if so, how bad is the damage he will do, and how long would you be willing to wait so the codex would not be done by him?

You would also have to add the trait that makes them strength 3, toughness 3, ballistic skill 3 and makes them 5 points cheaper too.

sob BS is 4.

Ahh, I meant weapon skill 3, thanks for picking up on that

This was posted by Wyrmwood on Warseer:

If he wrote Codex: Inquisition, specifically the section on the Grey Knights, he'd probably add in some form of child molestation (running with the priest/monk motif). I say this, because clearly he is incapable of any creativity - Blood Angels =/= Vampires = BLOOD, he just rolls with the most brain dead, nonsensical association and expands on it till critical mass is reached.

end quote

Now whilst I hope he would not be that bad, I still want Ward to be kept away from the Grey Knights, I would be happy to wait another 2 years if it ment we would not be done by Ward.

So do any of you reckon Ward will be given the Grey Knights to do, and if so, how bad is the damage he will do, and how long would you be willing to wait so the codex would not be done by him?

I hope he doesnt do the codex, C:SM was ok bar the "ultras are the bestest" whilst BA were OTT, his next codex i expect to be born of pure win though so maybe it wouldnt be a bad thing :)

Oh dear god.

The 'Supreme Grandmaster'

He may as well be named Marneus Greygar, with what could be called the Gauntlets of Titan

This artwork reeks of Ward. The artist MUST be in league with him

Things aren't looking good for the future of our fluff :'(

Clearly he wields the Nemesis Force Gauntlets of Titanmar, hallowed relic of the Ultra Knights. You scoff at Marneus Greygar now, but you'll be happy he's around when the Daemonic Possessed Hive Fleet comes pouring out of the Eye of Terror - heading straight for Titanmar, home of the Ultra Knights. The fate of mankind... nay, the entire universe - may be dependent on his tiny bearded baby-head.

^ This is what i'm afraid of.

This is probably what Ward will turn the Grey Knight fluff into

EDIT: Mat Ward is taking over GW and making everything in his own image. Think of WFB. Who took all the credit for writing 8th edition? What did they call the WFB equivalent of Invulnerable saves?

See my point?

Archived