Rise of the Imperium (formely Rise of the Emperor)

calgar101

The Lord of Skulls axe came crashing down; it was over twice as tall as a dreadnought and the axe head as deadly and menacing as its wielder. Runes of tainted power and unadulterated rage were glowing a sickly red. Using his superior agility Sanguinius dodged the attack, the axe causing the ’floor’ to hiss and scream in pain. Quicker than anticipated Khorne brought his axe crashing down again, the Warmaster narrowly avoided being cleaved in two. He cursed himself as he realised he was unarmed, save his wit and martial prowess. Strange red vapours poured from the holes created by the Blood Gods axe, spine tingling shrieks echoing across the dark landscape. Sanguinius took off into the air, his white, powerful wings taking him airborne.

“You cannot run” Khorne laughed.

“I do not intend to” retorted Sanguinius, wiping the smirk from the Blood Gods ugly face.

The winged Primarch dashed forwards, sending punches at Khorne, dozens of red energy balls impacting along the Blood Gods body. These attacks were like a stone being thrown into an ocean, Khorne laughing them off. Sanguinius deftly dodged Khornes left arm as it wildly came towards him, the Primarch sending a flurry of red lightning bolts at Khornes oncoming arm, causing the God to flinch with some pain. The Blood Angels darted forwards, heading towards Khornes face. The Blood God unable to catch Sanguinius with his wild swings. The Warmasters right arm shot out, his fist furiously crashing into Khornes eye, shattering it like glass, blood and black vapour spilling every where. There was no cry of pain, just laughter; an eerie, haughty and malicious laughter.

This continued for hours, maybe days. The warp was distorting every sense Sanguinius knew, eventually though he succumbed to tiredness and was forced to land on the floor.

“Had enough?” asked the Blood God, an evil grin on his face.

“Never!” roared Sanguinius, beating his chest.

Khorne just smirked, Sanguinius’ defiance and anger pleasing him.

“Oh enough of this game, I will corrupt your soul and have you as my champion whether you’re willing or not” chuckled Khorne.

The red mist around Sanguinius legs began to creep up around it and solidify, holding him in place. Futilely the Primarch began to struggle against his new bonds. It was no use he couldn’t escape, inside Sanguinius cried and roared in anger.

“May the Emperor take mercy on your soul, for I wont!” Khorne shouted, laughing.

“May the Emperor protect and guide me” whispered Sanguinius as he closed his eyes and relaxing himself.

“Yours is a soul I will enjoy corrupting” taunted the Blood God.

The red tendrils began to tense around Sanguinius’ body, Primarch arched his body but did not scream or display any pain; not wanting to give the Lord of Skulls any more satisfaction. The Warmaster was bathed in an unholy red light, visions of death and battle flashing through his mind. Blood lust threatening to take a hold of him.

“Yes.. Yes… See you will enjoy it Sanguinius, hmm or shall I call you Cado’Angelus’Cruor?” asked Khorne with a mocking tone.

“Never! My soul will always be pure and remain loyal to the Emperor of Mankind!” groaned Sanguinius, the pain threatening to overwhelm him.

All of a sudden Khorne leapt back as an explosion of golden light cast away the red clouds. Stood in front of Sanguinius was the Emperor himself, golden light radiating outwards from him.

“You should have done this Khorne, now I will destroy you” the Emperor warned the Blood God.

“Your audacity amuses me False one. Two souls for the price of one, this will be an entertaining day” retorted Khorne.

The Emperor threw his hands up, there was a loud screech. An Eagle of golden fire rushed upwards, it wing span was twice that of a Warhound battle titan, its outline on fire. The Imperial Eagle made manifest enveloped Khorne in a wave of golden light and ferocious flames. The Blood God screamed in agony, the vibrations rippling through the air, his bestial face was contorted in to pure agony as it writhed in pain and occasionally was made visible through the flames.

“Your dark soul, could use some cleansing” shouted the Emperor as he blasted away the tendrils of condensed blood that contained Sanguinius.

“Thank you father, I beg your forgiveness. I did not, I would not fall” implored the Warmaster.

“I know” the Emperor replied.

The Emperor brought his arms together, the Eagle wrapping its huge wings around the Lord of Skulls. The disgusting smell of burnt flesh filling both the Emperors and his Warmasters nostrils. Another of Khornes cries of agonies ripped through the air, the Blood God tried in vain to break free.

“Fight me like a true God!” Khorne managed to cry out.

“I am only toying with you” laughed the Emperor.

The Eagle vanished, burning itself up, Khorne now stood there, the same height as the Emperor.

“This fight it not supposed to happen now, we will meet again Khorne.” prophesised the Emperor. He closed his eyes and sighed, Khornes being unravelled and faded back in to the clouds. Both Sanguinius and the Emperor disappeared, leaving the realm of madness far behind. Khorne being banished back to his domain, once again attatched to the warp.

Please enjoy, probably a let down(good) but it will all work out in the end.

From now on i will make sure chapters are much more interesting and longer, cause i want to. Thanks.

ok started reading this from page 1 at 3pm today and haven't been able to get away from my laptop since

:eek :jaw: :D

this has been an amazing read enjoyed every part of it. i really enjoyed the part with ferrus and vulkan looking forward to reading more of them.

also enjoyed the raven guard and night lords kicking tue butt.

but now i'm having heresy like thought of putting loyal and tratior legions togather and fight side by side :wink:

Thanks The Either for those comments :) I do try to make each add unique, interesting and plausible. Also make it fit in with the over all theme.

Just to let you know i am going to take a break for maybe 3-5days. Going to actually plan some chapters and plot lines out. There are a plethora of brilliant stories on here for you to read. I'll be lurking, catch ya soon.

The Lord of Skulls axe came crashing down; it was over twice as tall as a dreadnought and the axe head as deadly and menacing as its wielder. Runes of tainted power and unadulterated rage were glowing a sickly red. Using his superior agility Sanguinius dodged the attack, the axe causing the ’floor’ to hiss and scream in pain. Quicker than anticipated Khorne brought his axe crashing down again, the Warmaster narrowly avoided being cleaved in two. He cursed himself as he realised he was unarmed, save his wit and martial prowess. Strange red vapours poured from the holes created by the Blood Gods axe, spine tingling shrieks echoing across the dark landscape. Sanguinius took off into the air, his white, powerful wings taking him airborne.

“You cannot run” Khorne laughed.

“I do not intend to” retorted Sanguinius, wiping the smirk from the Blood Gods ugly face.

The winged Primarch dashed forwards, sending punches at Khorne, dozens of red energy balls impacting along the Blood Gods body. These attacks were like a stone being thrown into an ocean, Khorne laughing them off. Sanguinius deftly dodged Khornes left arm as it wildly came towards him, the Primarch sending a flurry of red lightning bolts at Khornes oncoming arm, causing the God to flinch with some pain. The Blood Angels darted forwards, heading towards Khornes face. The Blood God unable to catch Sanguinius with his wild swings. The Warmasters right arm shot out, his fist furiously crashing into Khornes eye, shattering it like glass, blood and black vapour spilling every where. There was no cry of pain, just laughter; an eerie, haughty and malicious laughter.

This continued for hours, maybe days. The warp was distorting every sense Sanguinius knew, eventually though he succumbed to tiredness and was forced to land on the floor.

“Had enough?” asked the Blood God, an evil grin on his face.

“Never!” roared Sanguinius, beating his chest.

Khorne just smirked, Sanguinius’ defiance and anger pleasing him.

“Oh enough of this game, I will corrupt your soul and have you as my champion whether you’re willing or not” chuckled Khorne.

The red mist around Sanguinius legs began to creep up around it and solidify, holding him in place. Futilely the Primarch began to struggle against his new bonds. It was no use he couldn’t escape, inside Sanguinius cried and roared in anger.

“May the Emperor take mercy on your soul, for I wont!” Khorne shouted, laughing.

“May the Emperor protect and guide me” whispered Sanguinius as he closed his eyes and relaxing himself.

“Yours is a soul I will enjoy corrupting” taunted the Blood God.

The red tendrils began to tense around Sanguinius’ body, Primarch arched his body but did not scream or display any pain; not wanting to give the Lord of Skulls any more satisfaction. The Warmaster was bathed in an unholy red light, visions of death and battle flashing through his mind. Blood lust threatening to take a hold of him.

“Yes.. Yes… See you will enjoy it Sanguinius, hmm or shall I call you Cado’Angelus’Cruor?” asked Khorne with a mocking tone.

“Never! My soul will always be pure and remain loyal to the Emperor of Mankind!” groaned Sanguinius, the pain threatening to overwhelm him.

All of a sudden Khorne leapt back as an explosion of golden light cast away the red clouds. Stood in front of Sanguinius was the Emperor himself, golden light radiating outwards from him.

“You should not have done this Khorne, now I will destroy you” the Emperor warned the Blood God.

“Your audacity amuses me False one. Two souls for the price of one, this will be an entertaining day” retorted Khorne.

The Emperor threw his hands up, there was a loud screech. An Eagle of golden fire rushed upwards, it wing span was twice that of a Warhound battle titan, its outline on fire. The Imperial Eagle made manifest enveloped Khorne in a wave of golden light and ferocious flames. The Blood God screamed in agony, the vibrations rippling through the air, his bestial face was contorted in to pure agony as it writhed in pain and occasionally was made visible through the flames.

“Your dark soul, could use some cleansing” shouted the Emperor as he blasted away the tendrils of condensed blood that contained Sanguinius.

“Thank you father, I beg your forgiveness. I did not, I would not fall” implored the Warmaster.

“I know” the Emperor replied.

The Emperor brought his arms together, the Eagle wrapping its huge wings around the Lord of Skulls. The disgusting smell of burnt flesh filling both the Emperors and his Warmasters nostrils. Another of Khornes cries of agonies ripped through the air, the Blood God tried in vain to break free.

“Fight me like a true God!” Khorne managed to cry out.

“I am only toying with you” laughed the Emperor.

The Eagle vanished, burning itself up, Khorne now stood there, the same height as the Emperor.

“This fight it not supposed to happen now, we will meet again Khorne.” prophesised the Emperor. He closed his eyes and sighed, Khornes being unravelled and faded back in to the clouds. Both Sanguinius and the Emperor disappeared, leaving the realm of madness far behind. Khorne being banished back to his domain, once again attatched to the warp. Sanguinius watched the Emperor with awe and fear in equal measure, banish Khorne as if he were a simple daemon.

“What now father?” the Warmaster asked, trying to mask his fear.

“We return to Baal to inform your Legion and Horus and his legion that you are fine.” explained the Emperor. The colour drained from Sanguinius’ face at the mention of Horus’ name, as the memory of strangling him hit the Primarch like an asteroid.

“I.. remember strangling him, wanting revenge, I.., he is fine father?” asked Sanguinius reluctantly.

“He is fine, now let us go before their worries consume them”

Sanguinius nodded, relieved that his closest brother was not harmed. In a white flash that made the air around them recoil both the Emperor and his Warmaster vanished. Sanguinius body shuddered and a ray of golden light radiated outwards. This made Horus leap back in surprise, Sanguinius had been unconscious and unresponsive for over an hour, the battle not long over. The Luna Wolves first company had formed a cordon around both Primarchs, something that didn’t go down to well with the Blood Angels.

“Let me through!” demanded Commander Dante, his golden armour slick with blood and dented in places.

“Horus has commanded that no one shall come near your Primarch” Abaddon spoke, relaying his Primarch orders as if Horus himself was speaking.

“He is my Primarch, who are you to prevent me from seeing him? I am a Son of Baal, Sanguinius’ most prominent Commander, my authority outstrips yours Abaddon, now stand aside and let me pass!” bellowed Dante in Ezekiel’s face. The Luna Wolves 1st Captains face was like a stone wall, expressionless and unmoving, his already bulky and muscular size enhanced by his terminator Armour.

“Do not push my buttons Commander” warned Abaddon.

“Do not threaten me, or I will gut you where you stand” retorted Dante.

“There will be no need to fight one another. You are brethren and to fight one another is treason towards me. Your actions whilst set about the wrong way are noble indeed Dante, your Primarch will be fine” explained the Emperor. As one the Luna Wolves and Blood Angels knelt in reverence to the Master of Mankind.The vast majority of Blood Angels in a state of complete and utter shock and awe.

“I did not mean any disobediance Sire, it is just I have grave concerns for Sanguinius” Dante explained, looking directly into the Emperors eyes.

Horus was still crouched over Sanguinius, seemingly oblivious to the events that were transpiring around him. The Primarch was silently sobbing, fearing the worst.

“I.. am sorry Horus.. I.. I did not mean to” croaked Sanguinius, his eyes slowly opening.

There we go, that chapter is now fully completed.

Writers block... too often it sunders me...

Just one point:

“You should have done this Khorne, now I will destroy you” the Emperor warned the Blood God.
Congratualtions Khorne, have a cookie... <_<

Thank you Jonas! Grrr i have a serious case of writers block! I am not sure when the next update will be sorry guys.

Here are my suggestions, in capitals,

ARISE, MEPHISTON, LORD OF CHAOS!

GLORY TO ALPHARIUS, VENGEANCE FOR VOLDORIUS!

PRO IMPERATOR DEUS, PRO LORGAR DOMINUS!

FOR TITAN, FOR THE GREY KNIGHTS!

YOU ARE MY UNBROKEN BLADES. YOU ARE MY DEATH GUARD.

NOBODY EXPECTS THE GOD-EMPEROR'S INQUISITION!

EXITUS ACTA PROBAT. THE OFFICIO ASSASINORUM.

FOR KOMMORRAGH!

Well had Sanguinius nealry turned into Khornes bitch... I was thinking of having the 2nd or 11th or both Legion entering next, i have ways for them to do this, just need to work on them a little.

Thank you all. I really do appreciate the comments and i do my best to listen to them. I wouldn't say i am an amazing writer, im alright but no where near amazing. Im just having a hard time trying to wrtie stuff, i could add but it wouldn't be that good a quality and im having a hard time typing stuff. I also think that i wont be able to write about the other Primarchs and do them justice. :mellow:

Don't listen to him, guys, Calgar is amazing, and gets better every day! Calgar, you do youself no justice. *sigh* I think you and I had better have a little chat... *closes door*

Archived