Rise of the Imperium (formely Rise of the Emperor)

calgar101

The figure landed with a ground shaking ‘thud’, his face twisted into a vision of terror; lightning played around his deadly talons. “Run little Tau, run for your dearest lives” the figure roared with laughter, his tone malicious and filled with terror. The Fire Warriors training and discipline fleeing them as they fled the Night Haunter. The darkness was penetrated only by Konrad’s Talons and the Tau’s torches, like oppressors the Imperial buildings rose up around them; their ugly faces leering down at the fleeing Xenos, acting like shepherds herding them to their deaths. A Fire Warrior fell to the floor, his comrades ignoring his pleas for assistance. Curze merely laughed.

“Pathetic creature, you and your kind can run but you can never hide!” Curze mocked, his tongue lashing out at the air as he spoke. The Fire Warrior was now in the foetal position, his urine pouring out on the cold road surface. This caused the Night Haunter to laugh even more, his very presence caused terror; the Fire Warrior let out cries of help. Konrad hauled his prey into the air, its urine and faeces splattering on his feet. In one horizontal swipe Konrad sliced open the Fire Warriors armour and stomach with his Talon, the Tau’s innards spilling out over Curze’s armour and the floor. He dropped the dead body; the weakness of the Tau sickened him. Konrad would teach them the meaning of Terror, he smiled at the prospect.

The Night Haunter looked towards the sky, wondering how his brother Corax was fairing.

Corax was in a crouching position as he stalked the patrolling Fire Warrior unit. Using his subconscious he was convincing the Tau that he was not there, their weak and feeble minds easily fooled. He watched them go about their patrol; his Corvus pattern helm gave him an avian like appearance. His ancient and bespoke jump pack roared into life, twin tails of flame streaming from its engines as Corax was propelled into the air. The sound of armour buckling, bones snapping and flesh being pulped replaced the Jump packs engines as Corax landing atop a Fire Warrior. The remaining nine Tau spun around in confusion and readied their weapons.

“Ps.. Psyker?” one of them stuttered.

There would be no replies, Corax extended the Raven Talons; the very weapons he crafted. In a flurry of death Corax slashed in a myriad of directions, with each slash a Tau was felled. Xenos blood spurted every where, limbs and bodies decorating the floor. Satisfied with his work Corax carried onwards his jump pack once again carrying him forwards through the air. He landed softly and retracted the Raven Talons, he looked from left to right, surveying his surroundings; yet more buildings. His helmet told him that the power of his jump pack was at 18%, enough for one last jump, it also told him that his heart rates were at a steady 21 beats per minute, the ‘combat’ he had just been engaged in not even raising it. Corax unclipped a cylindrical object from his waist and set it on the ground and pressed the top inwards. Like a blooming flower the objects side opened to reveal a pulsating blue light from within.

The stench of ozone filled filtered through his helm and a dazzling display of lightning flashed before his eyes. Dozens Raven Guard Terminators appeared before Corax’s eyes, the sight warmed his hearts. Across the city dozens of other locator beacons were going off, some were for Terminator units such as the ones in front of the Raven Guard Primarch, others were for Night Lord and Raven Guard drop pods alike. Orange lights began to light the upper atmosphere, the once dark sky now blotted with speeding drop pods. Streams of blue light shot up towards the sky, the Tau were futilely trying to shoot down the drop pods with their rail guns, this made Corax chuckle slightly.

“Captain Tavyr, lead the Terminator Assault in my absence, may the Emperor guide you”.

A Terminator who’s huge bulk was evident through his suit of Tactical Dreadnought Armour stepped forwards; his armour was pretty plain save his golden Corvus pattern helm. He put his arm across his chest in a salute, “As you command Corax so shall it be done” his deep voice cutting through the air.

Pulse rifle shots bounced like rain drops of his armour, Konrad laughed as he felt the Fire Warriors fear build. Their shots stopped and they became transfixed upon the charging Primarch, like trees they had become rooted to the spot, desperately they tried to scream and move as the menacing figure of the Night Haunter came ever closer, his deadly Talons ready to kill. Curze kept running, his outstretched Talons slicing their torsos from their legs; a fountain of blood erupting from their fatal wounds. The Night Haunter continued running forwards, waves and waves of fear emanated from him like ripples in water.

++“How is the plan coming along brother?”++ Konrad asked as he ran his breathing controlled.

++“Very well, your ’distractions’ have achieved their aims. The locator beacons are in place and the assault has begun” Corax replied.

++“Excellent, now we can truly teach these Xenos Terror”++ the delight in Curze’s voice was undeniable.

++“Captain Zarus report in”++ Konrad barked over the comms.

++“I am leading the 7th in an assault on their orbital relay station now Primarch.”++ The Captain replied instantly.

++“Good, make it swift and brutal, leave no survivors Captain. Whether they are Xenos or human, repentant or not. Kill them.”++ Curze’s voice taking on an altogether darker tone.

Zarus withdrew his blade from the Crisis suit, bright azure energies playing across their surfaces. More of the Crisis suits began to land amongst their dead comrades, Zarus smiled, yet more Xenos to vanquish.

“Forwards brothers! Let us put the fear of the Emperor into these damned Tau!” he shouted as he began to sprint forwards, his bolt pistol snapping off shots. Missiles and balls of plasma came screaming towards the Night Lords, bolters roared in reply their shells detonating across the Crisis suits, tearing out chunks of metal and flesh. His face was a picture of terror, the Tau tried to activate his suits jet pack but it was too late; Zarus’s power sword plunged straight through the Tau’s head. He carried onwards a look of grim satisfaction across his battle-worn face.

Around him Night Lords were tearing into their Tau foe, bolters roared, chainswords whirred; each sound bringing death.

The courtyard was littered with dead bodies, Tau and humans alike, Zarus only felt hatred. Like cattle they were slaughtered, “For the Emperor” some had screamed, clutching their Aquila’s. Any human who would work alongside Xenos and could turn on the Emperor deserved death, Zarus spat on the body of a dead human, his acid dissolving its already decaying corpse. Through fear could the Imperiums populace be controlled and kept in line; at least that’s what his Primarch, Konrad Curze preached. That is exactly what he was; an instrument of fear, a weapon of war. Zarus smiled.

As ever please enjoy.

great chapter :). could use a few comma to split clauses as it is a bit confusing

eg. “Excellent, now we can truly teach these Xenos, Terror”

there was another one but i've forgotten where it was

Athiair :D

Actually Athiair, Calgar had it the first time round. "Excellent, now we can truly teach these Xenos terror (Ithink it's better than Terror)"

And Raptor, what do you mean? Do you mean, how can we come up with titles for threads? Or individual stories? Because most are just what the story is in two or three words, if you get it.

Story names are pretty easy, just think what the plot is use that e.g. A Imperial Fist strike on a planet called Normi could be Assault on Normi or some such. As for Charater names well thats a bit easy too, take the Salamanders for example, their Chapter Master is Tu'Shan. Most of their names are have 1 or 2 letters followed by a ' and then the rest of their name e.g. Ra'Tur. I just look at existing characters and use those examples and you look at the Legions/chapters history and what period their based off.

Athiar, im no good with gramamr. At all and i use a crap version of word(word works) which doesn't even recognise some words and then i have to use online dictionaries ect etc. Im ill today so i doubt very much i will be adding, curse you Nurgle! I will not fall foul to your nefarious charms.

The 11th will be the last legion i do ;) So unlucky. Im trying to think how to do the others as its hard! The Lion is intriquing me right now not sure when i will add and also Nurgle had infected my all weekend but by the power of the Emperor i am free of his nefarious taint now.

The 11th will be the last legion i do ;) So unlucky. Im trying to think how to do the others as its hard! The Lion is intriquing me right now not sure when i will add and also Nurgle had infected my all weekend but by the power of the Emperor i am free of his nefarious taint now.

No 11th yet? ;)

Oh weel, so long as more things die, I'm happy.

Archived