Space Hulk Terminator Conversions

UltraRich

I was thinking of doing this with my own SH. You have showed me that it is possible to do it and make it look good! Wonderful, thank you!

Your ultras look fantastic as well. I scanned the thread, and your painted ultras are wonderful.

Thanks. Looking at some of your previous conversions Im sure you wont have any problems swapping the pads

In hindsight I wish Id ripped all the pads off and replaced them with Forgeworld ones.

The SH figures are dynamic and have great details but the crux mouldings are terrible. Some are really flat and others have hardly any detail to them.

I'll get an update of this mini later this weekend (I cant get away with paining on valentines!!) as I finished the assuly cannon last night.

Coool, can't believe I didn't see this one before.

How did you paint the stealer's purple skin?

Thanks for the comments.

Desmodus: The skin was painted levithon Purple and washed with citadel purple ink. I then used various mixes of purple and white blended on the areas to highlight. I then used a few washes of really watered down purple ink which tied all the colours together.

Anyway heres this weekends update.

This ones about done. The eyes, lenses, final highlights and plaques need finishing but Im waiting for a micron pen to come that Ive ordered before I complete it.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f372/rbrewster101/Picture007-1.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f372/rbrewster101/Picture006-2.jpg

While Im waiting for the pen Im starting this one

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f372/rbrewster101/Picture008.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Thanks for the kind comments.

To be honest I havent picked up a brush for two weeks as Ive had a ton of work to do. But as Im 2 termies and a dread short of my vow Im going to have a go at doing two termies before the end of next week.

Grimmz... these things are absolutely covered in BA symbols. Some are easy to remove but some you need to be creative and replace them with other items. If you can get your hands on some of these minis compare them to mine and you will see what Ive done. Some of the pads are easy to mod by removing the droplet and adding a skull. Some are harder so I chopped these off and replaced them with forgeworld resin ultra pads.

I promise an update this weekend.

Has anyone else done a SH termi with cyclone :) Its looking good!!

Well my question is this, how did you fix the shoulders for your FW pads? I'm currently working on mine and turning them into SWs, (Already got a good bit done on the libby to rune priest conversion) I've got a ton of the new SW termie shoulders and I want to use them on these models so any info you can give would be greatly appreciated

Well my question is this, how did you fix the shoulders for your FW pads? I'm currently working on mine and turning them into SWs, (Already got a good bit done on the libby to rune priest conversion) I've got a ton of the new SW termie shoulders and I want to use them on these models so any info you can give would be greatly appreciated

Its pretty simple to be honest.

If its the weapon arm and your not fussed about keeping the SH arm Id swap it for one off a bitz site. You can also use the ones with SW icons on the bolters then.

If you want to use the SH weapons or like me wanted to swap the crux pads then you need a pair of small clippers like the GW ones and basically chop the old pad front away. The trick is to cut squarly at the front and back then side and top. Be careful not to damage the armour that pokes out under the pad near the body as this will show through when you replace the pad. This leaves you with a square above the arm joint. All you need to do is to keep taking the corners off and keep test fitting your pad until you are happy with how it sits.

I used superglue to stick the resin pads on and there was only one I had to back fill with Green Stuff.

I hope that helps but if you need pics please let me know as Im about to fit a crux pad.

that last post was super helpful dude, i have ordered off ebay the termie you first posted, am probally not gonna convert him, but definatly gonna have a go at paintinghim in Blood angels scheme. some thing i have never tried before.

once i get alittle more confident again i may try andreplicate what you have done here as they trully all look awesome dude

Heres this weekends update.

This ones about done. I just need to finish the highlights, some detail and the ultra pad.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f372/rbrewster101/Picture003-2.jpg

Heres a group shot

Only one more to go in my vow and then Im onto the dread. (still got 5 more SH minis to do!)

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f372/rbrewster101/Untitled-1copy-2.jpg

these are awesome , such crisp clean painting ,

May i ask whats your recipe for the blue , it looks a little darker than normal and i like it a lot ,

keep these comin!!

Thanks Barry

Im still painting in the old school colours so its undercoat with black spray, pick out the panels in untramarine blue, wash with 2 or 3 coats of azurman blue mixed 50/50 with water, Start to pick out the larger flat areas in ultramarine blue, I then do about 4 wet blend highlights of ultramarine blue adding more white towards the edge of the pad. Ive still got the edge highlights to do but Im going to do all of the termies at once so they are all consistent.

Having only just seen this topic I would like to commend you on your painting and converting skills. :)

Very crisp painting and I can't wait to see the finished squad.

PS. Thank you for the gold recipe, I am a collector of those. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I received a couple of bits Ive been waiting for today including a piece of nid armour.

Does this say "is it dead yet" or does it just look daft?

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f372/rbrewster101/Picture001-5.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f372/rbrewster101/Picture002-2.jpg

Love it!

Your work is great on the models. you have taken great models and made them even greater with the simple conversions and nice paint jobs. keep up the good work.

Mind if i borrow the lighting claw conversion?

AC

Thanks guys,

I think this one is going to be the 5th Termi of my vow.

@Lord Commander Vulkus Dorn: I'm going to swap the crux pad on this one so I'll take a wip pic as I go.

@ac4155: Go for it with the lightening claw conversion. Ive actually seen another one (DW I think) that is really similar and I think he did it first (but I only saw it after Id done mine :D)

I'll get this one started tonight

Fantastic work. The Termies look great but the 'nid parts and gore make the models exceptional... And if the GW store says you can't use them, I brand them Heretics!

=][=

Archived