All Terminator Space Wolf Guard

Alright, it's the time you've all been waiting for....well at least I've been waiting for.

the first girl-in-a-tor to be finished (almost entirely) painted and ready for basing.

Now, this is the first model i've finished in a while. and I went for some NMM gold and silver. Which might (probably) need some work.

Oh, and I guess I'm going to officially name each wolf-lady once I finish painting her.

AHEM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/ginocoolowski/Woofz/pinkhowler3-1.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/ginocoolowski/Woofz/pinkhowler2-1.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/ginocoolowski/Woofz/pinkhowler1-1.jpg

Alfhilda Stormheart

one of 3 woof clawed ladies taking to the field of honor in my first 800 pts.

:D :D :D

As far as the other ladies Ive only got 4 left to sculpt and to finish the rune priest then it's on to painting them all!

If anyone has any tips or suggestions on the colors or paint application...or whatever I would love some feed back.

Since I'm not the world's best painter (by a longshot). I want to add more gradients in the armor but I'm not sure what I'm doing most of the time.

I'm just going over every old layer every time or something. Like it's just one color at the end lol. I think her woof claws came out good (woof woof).

Ok, Until next time. B)

looking sweet my friend! The red gloves and claws go well with the hair ( and I've always had a soft-spot for redheads :D )

Two thumbs up!

What theme will you go for with the bases? Snow a la Fenris or something else?

Now go give the other girls their make-up!

Cheers!

OK! So I got a lot done today and last night. I finished 2 new girls, my rune priestess is finally done and you saw the first painted wolf lady yesterday!

So this is the wolf lady I made today (Leaving 3 left). She's a cyborg (Bionics) in reference to Terminatorinhell's version of my lady wolf gaurd.

So it's my version of his version of my version of a wolf gaurd terminator! <_<

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/ginocoolowski/Woofz/terminatorgirlinator2.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/ginocoolowski/Woofz/terminatorgirlinator1.jpg

I think she turned out really well. I especially like her bionic bitz. This also makes her a Terminator in Terminator Armor! :D

And you know her school uniform turned out well. Although well done this model is probably pretty far on the dark side for me. (And that's saying something). :D

Hope you like it.

Next is the long awaited rune priest. I've only got 3 weeks to paint all this junk so I stepped up whatever I was waiting on to finish her to get her done. I'll probably paint her last or as I go through and paint the other girls. ahem.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/ginocoolowski/Woofz/wolfpriestgreen3.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/ginocoolowski/Woofz/wolfpriestgreen2.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/ginocoolowski/Woofz/wolfpriestgreen1.jpg

I think this is probably one of the better full miniatures I've ever made. There are some parts that need some work still, but the basing should cover any gaps around the bottoms of the feet. And I think the runic weapon came out pretty cool. I would like to redo the hands maybe, just to see if I can get them to be closer to what I wanted in the sketch but they still came out good.

The hair and face are nice and the big marine boots look smooth. The only problem was getting her off her cork, holy crap! I almost destroyed her. I had to cut the cork apart with a hobby knife to get to the three pieces of armature wire that were holding her down. Then I had to use big clippers to cut all the excess cork off then file the bottoms of her feet down a bit. Hectic to say the least.

Well that's it for today. Expect some extra cool painting updates soon, and the last few girl-in-nators, after that Loganna Grimgrrl is going into production a long with the grey knight girls. Should be fun.

So comments concerns tips tricks grievences ect. welcome B)

I honestly don't even care about the fluff. It's just that when someone wants to portray a "female" they do so by just sculpting on enormous breasts and, in some cases, having them run around in bikinis.

Kid Famous (the OP) is a pretty good artist and a sculptor who shows a lot of promise. His work is better, by far, than anything I could sculpt. I imagine my posts will all be edited out or something, but I just wanted to let the OP know that although I don't much care for the way he chooses to express his talent, I think it's there.

How else are you going to know it's a woman?

Female warriors aren't the "norm", so it would have to be modeled some way. I've never heard anyone complain about the female Guardian sculpts.

Probably because they are well-sculpted, in and of themselves.

They're not women wearing not but armored bikini tops and loincloths piloting Terminator armor while fully exposed.

Especially when the background of the game specifically says no such things exist.

-FG

i remember when pre-heresy marine armies were the cool thing to do

it sort of loses its impact when every second person has one (usually emperor's children for some reason)

what i'm trying to say here is, don't do female marines and that above anecdote has no relevance.

I'm going to do a mass effect themed marine chapter

Once again, the differens between CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM and just plain badmouthing. If the post had been along the lines of:

"Not my thing, not at all actually, but you could try to XXXX to improve your modeling skills, or XXXX to improve your painting". Then it would have been constructive.

"This sucks" is in no way constructive, and brings nothing to the thread.

Should we all hold hands and sing songs around the campfire? No because without feedback that is more than "this is great" we do not improve ourselves. But tell me how being told "this is horrible" does anything possitive at all?

Is this thread 100% serious, I hardly think so. The OTT-ness of the entire theme is rather intended to ad comedy to it. If it's not to your tase then fine, I can't stand some stand-up comedians either. But I don't send them hate-mail because of it, I simply change the channel instead.

EVERY ONE SETTLE DOWN.

This is a post in the PCA section which is all about creativity and ideas which are essentially expected to be encouraged.

There are a few posters in this thread who are treading close to the line of being banned on the B+C out right and a few more whose banners are in ccontravention of B+C rules.

As a Dark Angels Forum Mod i can't close this thread down so please take note to alter your behaviour before the appropriate mods and admins take action.

Okay, we've finished cleaning this discussion up. A large number of replies have been removed. Most of these were because they were out of line, but some because they were replies to unacceptable posts that would have created confusion as they would appear out of context. Some members will be receiving warnings for their involvement.

Other members have been banned.

Let's make a few things clear right now.

There is a vast difference between providing constructive criticism and being insulting. It's perfectly acceptable to dislike an idea and to provide constructive criticism saying so. How you say so is important, though.

A very important consideration is whether or not your continued participation will contribute to the discussion. If you dislike an idea/project, there's no problem with providing your thoughts in a constructive manner. After that, though, you should only continue to participate if you are contributing to the discussion. If your continued participation will only be disruptive, though, you should simply avoid the discussion. Often, people will continue with a project/idea despite the fact that some other members don't like it. Quite a few members decided to participate in this discussion in manner solely intended to disrupt the discussion, violating quite a few forum rules in the process. Many of the points they brought up were valid, but the manner in which they expressed those points was highly inappropriate.

We can do better than that.

Within this discussion there will be zero tolerance for further shenanigans. You are free to discuss the relative merits of the OPs project, but will remain constructive.

Glad to see that the thread got fixed up again, was feeling sorry for Kid for having his thread utterly trashed.

Let's hope that's the last of that and that we will be able to see some updates soon :P

Cheers!

Respect to the OP for the effort and time invested in his creations, but I personally find those models demeaning to women. It's pretty much the teenage female warrior in bikini-chainmail fantasy. "A character can't be female unless she's baring he breasts."

Like Guillotine said, female Guardians are still fully armoured and fit right in with the other Guardians. Well, no one is going to stop you, especially when you've already done a couple of conversions, but I personally would refuse to play against anyone who'd field them. Why not look at the Sisters of Battle and try to emulate them a little more?

I'm just sharing my thoughts, hopefully this is not seen as an insult but simply a different point of view and possibly the kind of reaction that he'd get when playing this army.

Cheers!

Edit: Fixed typos.

Respect to the OP for the effort and time invested in his creations, but I personally find those models demeaning to women. It's pretty much the teenage female warrior in bikini-chainmail fantasy. "A character can't be female unless she's baring he breasts."

Like Guillotine said, female Guardians are still fully armoured and fit right in with the other Guardians. Well, no one is going to stop you, especially when you've already done a couple of conversions, but I personally would refuse to play against anyone who'd field them. Why not look at the Sisters of Battle and try to emulate them a little more?

I'm just sharing my thoughts, hopefully this is not seen as an insult but simply a different point of view and possibly the kind of reaction that he'd get when playing this army.

Cheers!

Edit: Fixed typos.

Yes but being fully armoured like female guardians wouldn't fit his theme. He appears to be going for a Celtic/barbarian theme. Think Boudicca(sp?) the celtic Queen. Her warriors used to run into battle against the Romans in next to nothing.

Did she make kissy faces when facing when facing her enemies? :)

I'd say that this is the real problem, ignoring the whole "female space marines" issue that some can't get past. It's not done in a tasteful or thoughtful manner that supports the claims of being inspired from XYZ.

Archived