Come fellow Word Bearers

LorgarXVII17

Yeah, lol, I forgot that you could use the painter and DYI...but still....

Although I'm happy there are Word Bearers "officially" done now, they still are kinda meh....Won't stop me from picking up the pack though lol...

Now If they'd just add in some real Space Puppies and Black Templars then I, and my son, would be happy.

~BtW

Glory to Lorgar and the Dark Gods!

This is my first post and as a Word Bearers fan i thought this would be an ideal thread to post my first message ^_^

Im not really a gamer but im a huge fan of fluff/background material. Ive always buried my head in 40k literature such as Codex', Index Astartes artricles, Black Library novels, White Dwarf etc etc. I have just never really committed to buying and collecting a whole army - having said that, i am very very tempted to though! But if the rumours are true about a new Chaos Codex coming out next year then i will probably hang on til then to unleash my Word Bearers force.

I have always enjoyed the concept of the Word Bearers, being fanatical followers of the Ruinous Powers, utilising vast numbers of Daemons and using and abusing cultists. But my serious interest in these unholy Astartes happened after reading Dark Apostle (which is probably the same for many people?)

Anyway, for future reference when i finally start my Word Bearers force:-

Dark Apostle Valzor of the 22nd Host.

The.Latros.Sacrum

Welcome!

And I will second what TG has said... You can always start out with a squad or two of csm's and no you'll be safe.

and like I tell everyone...We are all here to help, so if you have a question please ask. :D

and don't forget.....

Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!, lol...

~BtW

Welcome!

And I will second what TG has said... You can always start out with a squad or two of csm's and no you'll be safe.

and like I tell everyone...We are all here to help, so if you have a question please ask. :D

and don't forget.....

Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!, lol...

~BtW

@ Tanith Ghost and Bearingtheword - Cheers guys for the welcome. I could possibly start a squad first indeed, but the possibility of new Chaos squads being released with the new Codex would be likely, so i would rather spend my money on that (again, if the rumours are true).

I already know the basis of what i would include in my force. Probably 1500/1850pts including a Lord (Dark Apostle), 2 squads of Chaos Space Marines, 1 big squad of Possessed, 2 squads of Lesser Daemons. As for Heavy Support choices I have yet to determine what to choose.

Of course, my army of Word Bearers will be no tournament winner but that doesnt bother me one little bit. I'm always gonna theme my lists on fluff instead of how competative it is.

The.Latros.Sacrum

• 2 weeks later...

G'day all (or should that be hail brothers?), I hope this doesn't count as threadomancy, but I figured that this would be the thread to post in.

I think what I like most about the Word Bearers is their fluff, I like the idea of an entirely corrupted army, one that wasn't lured, but went in whole heartedly. My own army is the XXXIII Host led by Dark Apsotle Ezekiel and his Lieutenant Kol Ze'ev. Really I'm building this army not as a gaming list, but simply as a fluffy one.

Anywho, hope to see you guys around the forums

Yeah, the rumour mill has been pointing to a Legion book sometime next year. I just hope that they make it at least competitive, but it would be great if they made it a bit more fluff consistent. I mean these blokes have been fighting constantly for at least 10,000 years, there is no logical way they would be worse than regular Space Marines. And it would be really nice to see some Legion special rules, ala 3.5 ed, because its nicer to be fighting with a Dark Apostle and his Accursed Crozius leading your army, rather than just a plain Lord

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i477/dark_apostle/DSC_0085.jpg

Not a Dark Apostle I know, but I'm going to paint him WB. He's gonna be a lieutenant of one of the Dark Council, but haven't decided yet.

Made him from all my bitz and spikes and the DA chapter upgrade sprue. That one is awesomeness!

My own army is the XXXIII Host led by Dark Apsotle Ezekiel and his Lieutenant Kol Ze'ev.

When I read this I :) ed. I made my chapter the 33rd as well :D what a coincidence.

Oh well, I guess being a simple goon ain't too bad, but I'll probably cry when I see your models, cos mines so not good

Still gotta paint him and chop the aquila thingie off the top, but otherwise I'm pretty happy with this model. Looks spikey :)

When I read this I :) ed. I made my chapter the 33rd as well :D what a coincidence.

Oh well, I guess being a simple goon ain't too bad, but I'll probably cry when I see your models, cos mines so not good

I guess its what they say, great minds think alike :)

Will try to get some pictures of my guys up soon enough, although they aren't as "scriptured" as I'd like

Nah, I just tried making my chapter based on the remnants of the Serrated Suns, which I think was the 33rd chapter. Hence the Lightning Claws, which in The First Heretic, when Argel Tal transforms, it becomes his talons or something

• 2 months later...
Thanks!

Will your Word Bearers be taking part on the 18th Feb to eradicate the UltraSmurfs?

The.Latros.Sacrum

Obviously I have missed something, what's happening on 18/2?

No problem mate.

The 18th Feb is every Word Bearers players' dream! Worldwide battles taking place at Games-Workshop as the Word Bearers lead a crusade against the Ultramarines.

Heres a link for the event - http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog...pid=1000006-gws

The.Latros.Sacrum

I've been a little inspired by the upcoming WB vs Ultramarine action. So i took some pics of my Disciples of the Word lining up against the Warrior Kings of Ultramar.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2079.jpg?t=1327899698

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2087.jpg?t=1327899638

Hope you like them.

Ps. @Prophet your WB are AWESOME!!

Thanks!

Will your Word Bearers be taking part on the 18th Feb to eradicate the UltraSmurfs?

The.Latros.Sacrum

Obviously I have missed something, what's happening on 18/2?

No problem mate.

The 18th Feb is every Word Bearers players' dream! Worldwide battles taking place at Games-Workshop as the Word Bearers lead a crusade against the Ultramarines.

Heres a link for the event - http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog...pid=1000006-gws

The.Latros.Sacrum

Oh, it's a saturday, I have to check my closest store.

Cool pictures kizzdougs!

I'm thinking of starting a word bearers army but with a twist.

I've been enjoying following this thread and it's been great reading all your posts and comments.

Word bearers have never been an army I thought about collecting, infact I've pretty much disliked them since I got into 40k but with more info coming out on them, books and what not they are starting to look interesting and the modelling possibilities are amazing.

The idea of painting all that red is mind numbing though so I've been thinking of starting a brake away warband or 'renegade' host.

Ive been thinking of a dark apostle turning his forces against the dark council for viewing them as week and not striking out at the imperium with their combined force or viewing the dark council as traitors to the word and believing them to be keeping lorgar imprisoned so they may have the power to rule the word bearers.

I'd ordered this guy http://sciborminiatures.com/pow.php?absol=...s_master_01.jpg

And it isn't until now that I can see him being a pretty decent dark apostle with some work.

Archived