Come fellow Word Bearers

LorgarXVII17

Hello, another Word Bearer reporting in.

This is the Host of Thrice Blessed Xivas of the Sanctified splinter group of the Word Bearers. We may give praise to Khorne but we are still Sons of Lorgar! We are currently stationed close to the Cygnus Arm, overseeing the conversion, destruction and protection of Host interests in the region. Joining us is Dark Apostle Kariel, envoy of the Mother Legion.

Thus far we have pacified six Imperial Worlds and one Ork fortress world in the name of the Gods.

"All praises!"

Welcome to the B&C BogdanTheBlessed, and welcome to the embrace of Lorgar and the Dark Gods of Chaos! Its always good to see that the Word Bearers (and their splinter factions/warbands) are still going strong.

You should definitely start a thread to show us all your Sanctified army once its all up and running mate.

On another note, what sort of things would you guys love to see for the Word Bearers in the new Codex?

The.Latros.Sacrum

Thank you.

Your very welcome.

I need to buy also the colours for the Sanctified but their particular shade of red is a little confusing not being like Blood Angels or Word Bearers.

Well the Sanctified's colour scheme is described as being blood red. So its the same as the Blood Angels colour just with silver trim, black helmets and gauntlets.

The.Latros.Sacrum

I need to buy also the colours for the Sanctified but their particular shade of red is a little confusing not being like Blood Angels or Word Bearers.

Well the Sanctified's colour scheme is described as being blood red. So its the same as the Blood Angels colour just with silver trim, black helmets and gauntlets.

The.Latros.Sacrum

Hmm, interesting :tu:

TDA

The.Latros.Sacrum

Hmm, interesting :P

TDA

What be that?? Do I suspect that you are thinking of starting a Sanctified army of your own?

The.Latros.Sacrum

@ TheDarkApostle - My hunch was correct! I'll be keeping an eye on your Sanctified, looking good so far mate.

@ The Prophet - Cool Dark Apostle! I really like how you have combined all the elements of the Gods into him. Does your Dark Apostle have any background info?

@ BogdanTheBlessed - Its perfectly fluffy to include a Daemon Prince into your Sanctified warband. Indeed, Khorne could have rewarded your Dark Apostle with ascension for the many crusades and skulls collected in his name!

@ angry man - Another Word Bearers army in the making, awesome! I really like your "missile squad 2" Champion, nicely done.

The.Latros.Sacrum

@ The Prophet - Cool Dark Apostle! I really like how you have combined all the elements of the Gods into him. Does your Dark Apostle have any background info?

Actually he's not the Dark Apostle, but the leader of the 2nd Coterie (of Assault Marines/Raptors that I will hopefully build soon). I call him Ikaruhn the Messenger, where the former alludes to the son of Daidalos and the latter to the greek word angelos. While his message is seldom nothing else than the Word of Lorgar - and that to embrace it is the only way of survival - it fits his crazy persona quite well I believe.

My Dark Apostle Nebukad Ussar is down here below and won't leave any usurpers alive.

med_gallery_25850_1043_21495.jpg

Actually he's not the Dark Apostle, but the leader of the 2nd Coterie (of Assault Marines/Raptors that I will hopefully build soon). I call him Ikaruhn the Messenger, where the former alludes to the son of Daidalos and the latter to the greek word angelos. While his message is seldom nothing else than the Word of Lorgar - and that to embrace it is the only way of survival - it fits his crazy persona quite well I believe.

My Dark Apostle Nebukad Ussar is down here below and won't leave any usurpers alive.

med_gallery_25850_1043_21495.jpg

Ah my apologise mate. I actually like Ikaruhn the Messenger as an Apostle more than your actual Apostle. He just has more of a lethal and threatening presence about him and his pose is more dynamic. Still both great models though.

The.Latros.Sacrum

always like the Word Bearers but for some reason couldn't paint red.... here is how i did mine:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/Romulas/40K%20Chaos/Punisher_Legion_CSM.jpg

true purple is not Word Bearer colours, but 15 years later i'm now converting the army over to a proper colour.... foundation paints are helping with that. may take a year but a dip in simple green per squad will keep me going for a while. (some 5000 pts of chaos to repaint :lol:, some pictures of the Chaos forces in the bucket, there are some 'zerkers and other silliness but the current force is in purple)

always like the Word Bearers but for some reason couldn't paint red.... here is how i did mine:

true purple is not Word Bearer colours, but 15 years later i'm now converting the army over to a proper colour.... foundation paints are helping with that. may take a year but a dip in simple green per squad will keep me going for a while. (some 5000 pts of chaos to repaint :D, some pictures of the Chaos forces in the bucket, there are some 'zerkers and other silliness but the current force is in purple)

Quite the undertaking! Do you have any pictures of the army gathered?

Ah my apologise mate. I actually like Ikaruhn the Messenger as an Apostle more than your actual Apostle. He just has more of a lethal and threatening presence about him and his pose is more dynamic. Still both great models though.

The.Latros.Sacrum

No problem, I actually agree there is more movement and initiative in him. The Apostle is more about megalomanically laughing from a distance while his messed upp schemes is playing out.

Hey guys

New follower of the word here.

Getting my WB army together as we speak, making all power armor marines out of dark angel robe bodies, drilling away the faces to make them "faceless" cowls.

Also made 4 oblits out of some spare parts i had lying around, greenstuffed robes on the aswell to add to the theme of the army.

Kinda annoyed that lords are so underwhelming compared to daemon princes, had an old termie chaplain lying around, so painted him to a dark apostle (kind like prophet has done, tho i cant really claim to have his painting skill) .

Anyway, ill try to get some pictures taken even tho the army is very much a wip atm, a few of the conversions are kinda funny, like the oblit with the flamestormcannon :D

/Stromal

howdy folks.

i dont think ive formally introduced myself, im new to word bearers, but have been dabbling with chaos for about a year.

i actually think our dex is a lot of fun, albeit not as competative as newer dexes, but then i also use C:SM which is almost obsolete when compared to C:BA, C:GK and CSW.

im really lovin the word bearers paint scheme and havent dropped my brush since making the switch, the link to my WIP thread is in my sig, im currently working on a defiler, which i hope to have finished by the start of next week

Archived