Come fellow Word Bearers

LorgarXVII17

Personally I can't see something like this happening fluff wise. While I'm sure the sons of Lorgar would rejoice in breaking any Loyalist, I believe that he would never be given Dark Apostle status. In my mind the Word Bearers wouldn't allow an outsider into the Legion. They are far too conservative for that.

In the end, however, it is your army. Do whatever you wnat as long as you have fun!

Nah, it's cool, I'll just rewrite it. And modeling a chaplain nailed to a land raider should be fun :)

49th Host reporting in.

As far as my interest in the Word Bearers it was the old 3.5 codex and its description of them. Sadly my slow hobbying (and lack of a good paycheck) that kept me from using them as I wanted to (or starting that well for that matter). My first model is my pa da which is a poorly converted Chaplain with some chaos shoulder pads. I'm looking at remaking him. Though my hobby skills haven't really improved. I have 2 other models for him so no biggie (both tda but built slightly differently).

My host will be painted using the awesome tutorial in the librarium. I've tested it and am very happy with how it came out so that is my mo for this. Now to get it all built so I can start painting.

Is it better to use gold trim for the Cult of the Anointed or to stick with silver? I think gold could look more ornate in this situation. Also any tips on how to convert that model would be a big help to me, I have access to a lot of extras off the Vehicle Accessory Sprue and all its fun. I am just not good at converting and modeling to an extent. So any tips would be appreciated.

Good that you finally managed then! Welcome!

I use gold trims for mine, so guess I'm a bit biased, but I think it works really great (much better than silver trims) with the red and the paper/pergament colour.

CHAOS IS THE ONLY TRUE ANSWER!

New to this site but not new to chaos, I've been kicking around what legion to go with and so far I have several squads painted and none of them have the same color scheme. I'd put up pics but my painting skills are, well... almost non existant but I suppose I could for my blog... Anyway hope to discuss further chaos endevors.

ALL GLORY TO THE DARK GODS!

DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR!

From across the vastness of the warp come the Salutations of Anitus Dark Apostle of the 72 Legion of the word Bearers. Bringer of Daemons consecrator of the Litinies of hate.

Figured I'd say hi as I'm currently working on a Word Bearers army. I was working on some Loyalists *Spits on ground* my fiance got me a box of Glorious Chaos Instead.

currently I have 2 squads of CSM one regular the other being converted from a regular box of marines(Gotta love my store that doesn't really carry Chaos)

Currently my Lord is a Chaplain in MK4? armor. the one with all the knobbies on the shoulderpad. Bearing a mark of chaos undivided a cursed Crozius and Plasma pistol.

My squads consist of 1X10 marines with 2 meltas a banner of chaos undivided and CC weapons

1X10 squad CSM with 2 plasma guns and bolters + a banner of chaos undivided.

Still looking what to build next...thinking about a box of Bloodletters as it states that the WB use Daemons more than other armies...if anyone has any ideas let me know all help is appreciated.

Your servent in Darkness Anitus

Now, first of all I must say I am a World Eater at heart, but I feel the need to expand my horizons of Chaos'ness, therefore methinks Word Bearers is the legion for me, maybe I'm tempted by red, or else the idea of chaos chaplains is epic (I love chaplains, just can't convince myself to build an army for the Corpse-god)

I really must get back to painting my own Word Bearers. Ive recently been very busy with my Skaven and Dark Elves, so I havent had much time to paint my last few Word Bearers.

I am glad to see that this thread is kept up by some of you in my long breaks from 40k and this site in general. I will try to check back in more often, and I may even put some pictures of my Host, if my camera ever decides to work together with my computer.

Glory to Chaos!

word bearer player here (nevermind my imperial Fist markings.. :mellow: )

i got into Chaos after the release of their newest codex, and i started to play word bearers after reading the Dark Apostle/Creed/Disciple book series.

i'll get pictures of my humble Coterie, as soon as i find my camera

• 1 month later...

The Gods finally redirected me to this site once more. Sorry for being gone for so long.

What does everyone think about the new Daemon Prince model? Its going to be great seeing a few Word Bearer princes.

Well this is my first post on this site and figure i would start off with a chaos post. I have always been a fan of the Word Bearers fluff since 3rd ed. After a hiatus from the game I return to play and see that chaos has been shot to hell with no more legion specific stuff :). So after reading all 3 of the word bearers novels i got inspired. Inspired by the Anointed. So i have been working on a Anointed list. Unfortunately to make the list playable I am using the space wolves codex.

I am in the process of finishing up 30 termis and have a warmonger built. Nothing is painted yet. I'll get some pics up here soon

HEY EVERYONE! this is my first posting on B&C forums! i've been on dakka a while now (with the same username) and have a Word Bearers P and M blog!

Going on the basis of gameplay though; how do you all make a fluffy and/or effective WB army list? Ive spammed lesser deamons and i almost always use greater deamons; use DP's or apostles (MOT sorcerers either plain or with warptime) CSM with ICG and fists, defilers or havocs or vindis and drednaughts.

ideas for effective ones?

Glory to chaos! Glory to Lorgar!

I've been playing 40k for a few months now and decided to play chaos. As I leaned about 40k from playing DOW: dark crusade I was already interested in Word bearers so I bought the Dark apostle series and that convinced me. So far my army is made up of:

A sorcerer in terminator armour with combi melta, mark of slannesh and lash of submistion

5 Terminators including a champion with lightning claws and icon the of khorne

12 Chaos marines with a melta gun, flamer and a personal icon

12 khorne berzerkers with personal icon

A dreadnought with missile launcher and heavy flamer

A Rhino with havoc launcher

A predator with lascannons on the sponsons and a twin linked bolter

How could I make my army more fluffy, more word bearer like?

Well if you want it more fluffy drop the mark of slaneesh and make it a lord not a sorc. Word Bearers worship chaos glory and distrust sorcerers. Also drop the mark from the termis. Using the bersekers is ok as the Word Bearers do work with other legions sometimes (they arent a huge fan but it they have a use then they'll use them). All of this come from the word bearers novels. Now since chaos doesnt get chaplains maybe running your lord as a sorc and giving it warptime and mark of tzeentch can simulate a chaplain (reroll hits and wounds, power weapon and a 4+ inv save) and called it your apostle it could work.

My $.02

same reason to take the mark from the lord. They worship undivided and all termis are part of the anointed (similar to the deathwing), so they are all veterns and dont deviate from worship undivided. Well thats atleast how i interpret it. And since your asking for a fluffy army thats how to keep it fluffy

Word Bearers [...] distrust sorcerers.

They do??? :huh:

News to me. Seems odd that the guys who want to bend the knee of Man to the Pantheon would be distrustful of those who have a direct mental link to their Gods' hometown.

Well if you want it more fluffy drop the mark of slaneesh and make it a lord not a sorc. Word Bearers worship chaos glory and distrust sorcerers. Also drop the mark from the termis. Using the bersekers is ok as the Word Bearers do work with other legions sometimes (they arent a huge fan but it they have a use then they'll use them). All of this come from the word bearers novels. Now since chaos doesnt get chaplains maybe running your lord as a sorc and giving it warptime and mark of tzeentch can simulate a chaplain (reroll hits and wounds, power weapon and a 4+ inv save) and called it your apostle it could work.

My $.02

I'm not trying to be rude, but I believe you are wrong on all points.

There is no reason, background wise, not to field characters or units with specific marks in a WB host. The way you want to "simulate a chaplain" is found on a confusion between rules and background.

This discussion is already being done here:

On Word Bearers and Worship

(Note that if you claim that "All of this come from the word bearers novels" you will have to state which novels and where. I guess from Ben Counter, and nothing more? Welcome to the discussion at the link)

Ok i'll do this in order. As for distrusting of sorcs, I drew this opinion from I believe the second book when the Black Legion Sorcerer was assigned to the host. Now they may have distrusted him because he was not a Word Bearer, plus from the books I don't remember them ever making mention of word bearers sorcerers. So I may be wrong in stating this, but this was my view on things.

Second, the novels did state that one of the squads did run real close to worshipping Khorne but did not fully give themselves over. Hence why i said drop the mark, I would believe that someone with a mark worships that specific god and WB worship chaos as a whole. Also according to the 3rd edition Chaos codex if you wanted to play a WB army then "The only mark that may be assigned to models in a Word Bearers army is the Mark of Chaos Undivided." Now I do understand that this is from an old codex but it is a starting point and since the man asked to make his list fluffy thats the opinions I gave him.

As for the simulating of a chaplain, since the rules dont allow Chaos Marines to take chaplains, then using that combination of rules would allow for almost everything a chaplain would have. I didnt know that a forum topic existed for something like this.

But all in all this was my opinion. :D :P :D

I know that I am a Wolf player, but I've always loved the Word Bearers, so I started a few while the holidays are here. I'm doing them set in the beginning of the Heresy. I'll post some pictures later. I'm using the Tempus Fugitives rules, and this is my list for 1k points:

Erebus, the First Chaplain – 220 points

Toumanez, Engraver of the Flesh – 140 points

20 Tactical Marines, Squad ‘Golden Light’ – 260 points

Priest Sergeant

20 Tactical Marines, Squad ‘Brazen Glory’ – 260 points

Priest Sergeant

Dark Alter – 100 points

Total: 980 points

Archived