ultra-meet 4

greatcrusade08

Been looking for ways to do it without buying any new models. Although I confess that I will be shelling out for the new Venerable Dread, as he is too sexy not to.

Mine came in the post yesterday and I just had to build him. Hardest part of it was deciding what bits to put on him as there is actually almost too much choice.

Can be seen on my blog here (yes, I was that keen)

http://militaryofultramar.blogspot.com/201...man-cometh.html

I shall be painting him this weekend.

ill be bringing pure scouts again.. no mixed lists 10th co only

You going to be testing your ASMOH list?

Hmmm a very Elite Ultra meet it will be then without any Power Armour. I am afraid that I will have to break the mould on this and bring some of those power armoured dudes.

I have a 1750 tournament list as well as a pretty decent 1500 list that I have been playing around with since January (shockingly it has won more games than list 3 to 1 ratio at the moment). It importantly has NO Thunderhammer Terminators or hint of AV14 in it, so its a bit different from the usual tournament lists I see.

I can probably run a 1st and 10th army, though the only HQ I would have would be Lysander and almost none of the scouts are painted. Still it might be fun to bring it for a trial, I think GC08 abandoned the idea a little too soon as the concept and mix of strategies seems to be decent.

Still I will be booking my hotel probably on the 22nd March, which hotel (if any) are others heading for?

Also is anyone getting the battle missions book? I havent really looked much into them but my club is getting a copy and I suppose some of the missions might be very fitting for this meet, especially as we arent exactly running it like a tournament (otherwise Thantoes would be winning it).

Wan

Perhaps, although im not sold on the exact list yet.. i figure its going to be mostly scouts with some termies to add bulk.. i just got my libby in TDA this morning so im deffo going to be using him

It makes a change for me to use an unnamed HQ

Perhaps, although im not sold on the exact list yet.. i figure its going to be mostly scouts with some termies to add bulk.. i just got my libby in TDA this morning so im deffo going to be using him

It makes a change for me to use an unnamed HQ

Oh Boo. I was looking forward to trying out the Ultrawing vs a 100% pure scout army.

Nice,

Just came up with an "interesting" 1st and 10th army with a few elements thrown in. Only power armour would be the landspeeder drivers.

Essentially

Lysander

12 TDA

30 Scouts

6 Landspeeders

Thunderfire Cannon

Hmmm I might actually try this out at some point as a "fun" army.

Wan

I'll be picking up my Battle Missions book on Saturday and possibly my new Dread (if I can do it while the missus isn't looking). Will be interesting to play some different scenarios. Wanting to start some campaign games with my buddies so this should prove useful.

Just came up with an "interesting" 1st and 10th army with a few elements thrown in. Only power armour would be the landspeeder drivers.

Does the 1st actually have landspeeders? I don't remember those being on the TO&E from the 4th ed. C:SM.

I suppose it should be 1st, 4th and 10th. Would run a pure 1st and 10th but I probably done have enough terminators or scouts. Plus Landspeeders nicely augment the lack of ranged weapons that a 1st and 10th might suffer from.

Lists are here

Wan

Oh Boo. I was looking forward to trying out the Ultrawing vs a 100% pure scout army.

sorry wasnt being clear my ASMOH list will be 1st and tenth, but my UM4 list will be 100% pure scouts

One of the biggest problems with an all Scout list has always been HQ. Out of curiosity, have you tried, or considered, using a Damolces Rhino? You get the Orbital Bombardment, bonus to reserves & a cheap as chips HQ unit that, as a mobile Recon station, would work fluff wise.

Sorry if that is off topic, but we'd gone into the lists we're bringing and it occurred to me earlier.

This time round i plan to stay somewhere reasonably normal.. Thantoes and i will be snuggling up under a travlelodge duvet come saturday night.

@Wan, lists look good, im liking the combo of scouts and t-fire and may try out my own combo in practice games soon..

@Cadarn, i plan to use khan on foot in with an outflanking ccw squad, its one Pa mini i know, but i figured its better thanany other options i have, plus i can use Tuals fantastic Khan model.

Nah, that's pretty normal, they're English. <_<

Easy Tiger...thems fighting words!!!

Actually, from the the ultrameets we have had I think I am the only non-englishman who attends.

Archived