My Flesh Tearers blog: From 1500pts to half the chapter....

SamaNagol

I bought a Sprint Jet from Iwata for a good price.

/

Zenithal Highlighting is basically using a point of reference as your light source and highlighting your colours as if they were being lit externally. It is like OSL but not so blatant. Much more subtle. Instead of highlighting edges of armour like GW teach you to do as a kid, you use your airbrush you 'dust' a highlight from one direction to imply lighting.

http://thepaintingcorps.blogspot.com/2010/...airbrushed.html

/

Anyone play Wolves and want a free 'updated' version of the 13th Co EoT army list 'FAQd' using the current SW Codex instead of the 3rd Ed one? I typed it out the other night out of boredom. It's pretty fun reading through it.

Looking forward to seeing some paint finally on these. I see you went for the Storm Raven in the end? As ever with these things its a lot of eggs in that particular basket but when it gets pulled off, boy does it get pulled off. I have got to admit I'm a fan of the Furioso configaration in the pod too' who should draw some fire as well as the Preds.

I was toying with the idea of the DC in a Land Raider, but the ability to take Lemartes and to attach a Dread as well meant the Raven won out for me in the end.

Undercoated the DC this afternoon so should get started on them soon.

Unfortunatly the only real viable way for Lemartes due to the DC j/p cost is to take the Raven, so may as well take the Dread as if it does down at least that has fleet. I'm going Raider route and the main downfall for me is no Lemmy who would help against those pesky GK :)

Also so much Melta and Lance weaponry around made me reticent to invest so many points into a 'Deathstar' unit that will sit on the board for most of the game. And mitigating Long Fangs and Hydra batteries is slightly easier when I have the Furioso dread and a pod that can also possibly block LOS

I like the idea of the DC being unleashed to save the day as well. Makes for a nice cinematic in my mind haha.

Nah I have been priming all today and yesterday. I dont really have the space to airbrush in my place so I am gonna take it somewhere and have a go for a couple hours.

In other news, Vallejo Game Colour Red Black is the perfect tone for a FT basecoat

Archived