Does russ have friends?

Lord Draco

Perturabo and Russ? Sounds like a very odd couple at best. I can see the Khan and Russ coming along, both being very barbaric and wild somehow. Also Dorn, as he was meant to be the more trustful of the brothers (and passionate deep inside, ask the Templars about it), maybe Sanguinius (what a good match, a training session between the Angel and the Wolf!) and for sure Vulkan, maybe Angron and Mortarion too. Even Horus, perhaps, he was such a charming guy, you know. This is all personal opinion, anyway.

Sanguinius was liked by them all so thats a given :ermm: Horus and Russ probably is as Russ followed his orders to Kill the 1K Sons. Perturabo and Russ? Personally i can't see it.. Corax and Russ, not sure. Theres a passage from ravens Flight i think where Corax sees Angron on the warpath and says how he wished Horus and some others(can't remember who but Russ wasn't mentioned) could only take on Angron.

This is my personal list of Russ' mates.

The Lion

Horus- Or atleast respected him greatly.

Dorn

Vulkan

Sanguinius

The Khan

Vulkan

Mortarion

Guilliman-Maybe

I'm pretty sure there is a joke somewhere around here for Russ having invisible friends that tell him to burn entire planets

Big E: "Now Russ, why did you burn Prospero when I told you to bring them back alive?"

Russ: "An Egyption God tells me to burn things..."

Hmmm....Russ and Horus? That's a really tricky one. So let's single out the guys we know he probably doesn't like...

Magnus (more or less, they were still brothers at one point and could be cordial enough as we see in A 1k Sons)

Lorgar (his preachy-ness would probably eat Russ up)

Night Haunter (too creepy, would see him as not having any honor in how he fights)

Angron (I see them both being too similar to get along. The legions are very similar with one key difference, being why they won't be buddy buddy)

Horus (I'm going out on a limb here. For those that have watched Dexter, you know how the one cop doesn't trust him just because? Well, I see this with Russ and Horus)

Now ones that could go either way, or at very least he has a civil relationship with...

Mortarion (I don't see them disliking eachother, but really no reason to be friends either, no common ground)

Fulgrim (Different styles, Fulgrim about perfection and being pretty)

Perturabo (I think he could respect what Pert does, but not a "friend")

Alpharius (I think they actually could be friends despite different styles, just something about Alpha that I see Russ being a good big brother to)

Guilliman (Probably get along well, but Guilliman's rigid nature and lack of tenacity would be a turn off)

And so the people I see him potentially getting closer to...

Dorn (Dorn being kind of the antithesis to Russ as far as warfare goes. Immovable vs unstoppable sort of thing, friendly rivalry of styles. But friendly, unlike Pert)

Corax (Both believe in honor and are devoted to the Emperor, both care for the people of the Imperium. Enough common ground to be friendly)

Vulkan (See above, wish we know more about Vulkan though)

Ferrus Mannus (Why? Beyond the robotic nature, Ferrus is funny because he is the most human of almost all the primarchs. A little odd, but Ferrus is devoted to the Emperor and probably the most genuine of all the primarchs. The irony of that is not beyond me)

Sanguinius (Similar, Sanguinius and the Angels being a refined legion in the same mold of the Wolves. See them joking about eachother a lot, but a good relationship)

Khan (Many people see them as having similar styles, and they sort of do. Khan was a good guy though, and that's why I see them getting along.)

To address the last, why do I not see the Scars and Wolves being that similar? Sure, at first glance, but the White Scars believed in a blitzkrieg, fast paced, rip you to shreds through speed sort of thing. The Wolves base almost everything they are on two traits, will and tenacity. So yes, sometimes it manifests itself as a similar style, but for different reasons. As we see in A Thousand Sons, it doesn't always manifest itself the same though. Where? **MILD SPOILER AHEAD** When the Wolves are coming to the library, they aren't running, they are moving ahead with singular purpose, no hurry, but a stalking predator.

no i don't know, which one besides russ do you think could hold their drink the best? I'd go with that one B)

Probably Mortarion then, i mean he drinks deadly poison like its apple juice

Yeah, but poison doesn't have the strongest alcohol in the Imperium in it! I still agree, prolly Mortarion, though he wouldn't be much fun to drink with.

Kahn , similar sort of primitive background .

Angron , possibly .

Ferrus Mannus as he had a blue collar streak in him that would have appreciated Russ .

Horus aswell as he was everything to everyman .

Vulkan for the same reason as Ferrus .

Sanguinus because he had a sense of humour and a nasty temper that Russ (hell even Angron) would have respected .

Peturabo aswell I reckon as he seems to be a bit of a hard case , rugged type .

As for the others I would suspect that they either

a) tolerated him but considered him a bit of a hooligan .

b) did not like him at all

c) were too wrapped up in themselves to care either way .

Well the Lion was his best friend by the fluff we know, and he seems have gotten along well enough with the Khan...

Dorn though, while a bit dour, seems like he would be the closest to russ in my opinion.

There are numerous things written saying... yes... dark angels and Wolves don't get along well.. but Russ and the Lion respected each other greatly after a period of time.

Also if you read about the weregerld (raven guard) this also shows why Corax and Russ got along... Mainly after the drop sight incident

also if I recall Lorgar and Russ got along to... 1k sons.

I plan on diging all my older books like my IA books out of storage this weekend so I'll check them. In short though SW culture is geared twoords respect of individual deed and up front hero type stuff so any of the Legions that fought in that kind of style would be canidates.

honestly i feel that russ would only get along with khan, vulkan,corax,and possibly dorn.

Angron-i dont think hed like angron all that much mostly becuase he had no honor and would pretty much just kill anything that moved and shake it if it didnt.

mortarion-i think russ would have hated this guy he was very strict and dull not really the wild party type i picture

russ liking.

horus- i really cant picture russ liking him mostly becuase the first couple of heresy books describe russ as being more or less neutral and russ has a major anti-authoritarion streak.

logar-definately not. way to preachy and annoying for russ

night huanter-pretty much becuase he was all for fear tactics witch i really cant see russ's honor allowing him to use and he was very dark and emo.

fulgrim-do i even need to go there. way to arrogant and self assured not to mention he was a total dandy.

sangius- i could see him respecting and even somewhat liking him but despite similar fighting styles i think the culture of their legions is to far removed

the lion- i would think that russ had great respect for him and would count him as a stuanch comrade if not a true

friend.

gulliman- to strict and dour plus hes not really a warrior as russ would see it more of a behind the scenes general.

Archived