Does russ have friends?

Lord Draco

Look at all the primarchs. Ask yourself the question: Which of them would be up for diving into a melee with Russ, tearing out some throats, then going back to camp and getting drunk as a judge on Fenrisian ale, and then waking up in the morning in their underwear, ninety miles from where they started drinking?

You have your answer.

Of course! I can't believe I didn't think of it before! It's clearly Guilliman!

:yes:

Interestingly enough, old fluff used to reference Ultramarines drinking incredibly potent Macraggeii Wine. But I think that Malcador the Sigillite is clearly the obvious choice...

i think russ would most likely get along with lorgar, because whenever russ burned/looted/wiped whole planets off the map lorgar would come in and rebuild after him. i mean, for people to be friends, they would have to be totally different. if they were alike they would be rivals.

examples:

Kirk/Spock

Luke/Han

Columbus/ Tallahassee (from zombie land)

im pretty sure there are many more, but hey, im tired, its three in the morning right now in seattle, and my brain is screwed up.

• 2 weeks later...

Does Russ have friends? No he's ginger :P

Sorry couldn't resist.

I think he would've got on with Horus, Khan, Ferrus & Sanguinious the most.

Gulliman, Lorgar - too preachy

Fulgrim - To up himself.

While I dont think he really liked the lord of death, but I think he liked the Death guards approach to war & agreed with his stance on magic.

the other's I'm not too sure about

• 2 weeks later...
Does Russ have friends? No he's ginger ;)

Sorry couldn't resist.

I think he would've got on with Horus, Khan, Ferrus & Sanguinious the most.

Gulliman, Lorgar - too preachy

Fulgrim - To up himself.

While I dont think he really liked the lord of death, but I think he liked the Death guards approach to war & agreed with his stance on magic.

the other's I'm not too sure about

I bet you are wrong!

Fulgrim was a little arrogant yet was closest to Ferrus Manus, who was certainly the opposite in some ways.

People assume that Guilliman was a jerk, but we have no proof except he didn't get on with 2 Primarchs. We do know that the Space Wolves and Ultramarines fought together and got on rather well (Battle for the Abyss), so the only evidence we do have points in the opposite direction - that they get on.

I've always understood that Russ was friends with the Khan and eventually had a friendly rivalry with the Lion. I also remember reading that Russ left to search for the Lion (although this is from 2nd ed codex)

As to the others I think Lorgar is the least likely. Russ wouldn't understand the preachyness or the disobedience to the big E.

1K Sons mentions that Russ requested Magnus' prescence on the field of battle so at some point I think there was at least some respect until they saw how they fought.

Archived