Stabbin' and such: Triumphant at Last! 2/9/17

Firepower

• 2 weeks later...
Looking good buddy. That blue is bluetiful.

Ugh...punny. :P

Thanks much for the kind words folks. Here's Tiny Shooty Squad #1!

gallery_38474_6916_58629.jpg

gallery_38474_6916_66188.jpg

gallery_38474_6916_85259.jpg

gallery_38474_6916_133963.jpg

5 more guys to go. Then the real pain: Razorbacks. Well, technically one complete Razorback and one Razorback turret to stick on one of my Rhinos, both magnetized. I've found a few tutorials on how to magnetize the weapons, but so far none seems complete or promising ;). Gonna have to do some more hunting around the internet to figure that one out.

Very nice. I already can see Plasma raining of the emperors foes!

Great shooty squad.

I like you redone Marschall much better now.

Did you use the ,,knight" helmet for the left of the newest neophytes or did you cut a helmet?

Thanks Scipio. The Neophyte's head is a beaky helmet, chopped down. I didn't really do a good job with it at all, which is why I haven't tried again. However, the pic is blurry enough not to make the mistakes/sloppiness of the cutting very clear, so I guess that's good enough.

Got another bolter marine done today, gonna try and do another before I hit the hay. Also, some time I will be updating the photos of the whole Crusade, now that I got Photoshop and a lightbox to take better pics. But, I don't think it would be too productive to re-post the whole army in this thread, so they'll just be on display in my Gallery. Gotta figure out how to make a named link for that in my signature...

A heavy weapon? Is this a sign that I've fallen to the Laeroth-side?

Hehehe. Worthy additions to the Njesta Crusade. :)

Looks amazing! Keep it up! Looking forward to seeing more heavy weapon teams out of you! :P

Edited by Marshal Laeroth

Your painting skills make me hate you.

Sniff...that's all I ever wanted to hear :cry:

:lol:

Hehehe. Worthy additions to the Njesta Crusade. ;)

Awfully rude of you to draft my guys just like that... ;)

Though this does bring up an odd point: I don't actually have a Crusade of any sort this army is built around...odd, given my tendency to waste tons of time on fluffy nonsense.

That's a great looking squad.

Pew pew

Pew pew is for kitties too quick to catch and splut with swords. :devil:

Just gotta do the highlights on my Plasma Cannon dude and Tiny Shooty Squad #2 will be complete. Then it's all down to enduring the horror of assembling, magnetizing, and painting another tank :lol:

Edited by Firepower

Hey! It's not a dress...it's a very long war kilt ^_^ No, no! It's not a long war kilt, it's a tanned hide from a Tyranid Bio Titan that he killed with his bare hands...yeah, that's it. Manly. B)

Ok, anywho. Tiny Shooty Squad 2, for your viewing pleasure.

gallery_38474_6916_86675.jpg

gallery_38474_6916_71157.jpg

gallery_38474_6916_123935.jpg

gallery_38474_6916_2662.jpg

Those are some mean-looking plasma cannons! All of the little bits and do-dads make each model it's own, you put a lot of zeal into your minis! I am envious of your brush skills. If these chaps make it to the table, (not sure how often you get games in, or if you game at all) be sure to get a shot of them doing the Emperor's work!

Those are some mean-looking plasma cannons! All of the little bits and do-dads make each model it's own, you put a lot of zeal into your minis! I am envious of your brush skills. If these chaps make it to the table, (not sure how often you get games in, or if you game at all) be sure to get a shot of them doing the Emperor's work!

Hehehe. Worthy additions to the Njesta Crusade. :woot:

Awfully rude of you to draft my guys just like that... :unsure:

Well, you're always saying the shooty marines are my domain and they won't ever be found in your forces...so I figured, why waste perfectly good, loyal marines? They would would fit in with my crusade. :wacko:

Hmm well, I find Plasma guns to be a welcome compromise between our approaches. A Plasma Cannon shot is explodey, indiscriminate, and burns the enemies of Man down to the atomic level. Much more Templary than a neat little hole punched by some super-sized flashlight. I just gave them the bolters as back up so they wouldn't be forced to frustrate proper melee Templars with sitting still to shoot :). Now, when my guys find a way to rip the Flamestorm Cannons off other Chapter's Redeemers and schlep them around on foot, I'll consider going totally shooty :tu:

That, and it gives me an excuse to use one of my favorite Futurama lines: "The time has come to convert the non-believers....to radioactive vapor!" Much easier to work into game-talk than "Woop-woop-woop-woop-woooop!"

• 2 weeks later...

@Firepower I would sell my soul to paint that well! I love your crusade as a whole but I have just one question. What is your beef with kittens? :P

Tom

EDIT: Dude I would kill for your bikers. :lol:

Edited by ScottishSmurf96

• 7 months later...

gallery_38474_6916_40819.jpg

gallery_38474_6916_27265.jpg

gallery_38474_6916_19498.jpg

gallery_38474_6916_4754.jpg

Brothers, meet Brahm, the Godhand, Master of Sanctity and tutor to Jasper, wielder of the Paddleum.

It was fun to do a fancy hero to get back on track with this army. Hopefully I'll be more able to grit my teeth through rank and file troopers now and round out my Crusade to meet the demands of 6th edition. :D

Edited by Firepower