who is your hero

Definatley The Lord of the Flies who Loken i believe fights in Flight of the Einstien...

That was Garro in FotE, brother :tu:

I liked Loken best for the way he beat Lucius. "It isn't all in the blade." He frickin' WARNED Lucius what he was gonna do and the arrogant Lucius went in and got his nose broken anyway.

"Haha!" *SWISH*

*BOP*

"My beautiful face!" *cry*

Also Horus too. In Horus Rising, he reminds me of The Doctor/David Tennant :tu: Especially when he leaps onto the platform(thingy) in the Command deck of the Vengeful Spirit.

Leman Russ in A Thousand Sons reminded me of this:

Magnus: This is heresy, this is madness

Leman: Madness...THIS IS FENRIS!

(kicks Magnus into bottomless bit)

That dreadnought on Isstvaan III that chooses to let the marines into the bunker saying he'll be all right even though he knows he's going to die then blows him and another marine up, he was epic. Also the dreadnought that had a chat with someone on the barge (has been to long since i read them) who obviously knew what was going to happen but did the whole "it will be ok young one" thing. That was cool.

I personally found Dorn very cool, Horus a bit naff (even before he turned evil) Mort was cool, Ferrus Mannus wasn't great, Fulgrim got played like a foo', the lion was quite col too. Angron was funny if anything. "We shall surrender to you mighty warriors from..." Angron gets up from under a wall, "I kill you all!"

1 ) Solomon Demeter, Captain, 2nd Company, Emperoros Children.

2 ) Agapeto Captain of the 'Talons', Raven Guard.

3 ) Iacton "The Half Heard" Qruze, Captain, 3rd Company, Luna Wolves.

4 ) Priest of the "Last Church"

5 ) Rylanor, Ancient of Rites Emperor's Children.

6 ) Mhotep - Fleet Captain, Thousand Sons.

7 ) Talos - Member of First Claw, 10th Company, "Soul Hunter"

8 ) Garviel Loken, Captain, 10th Company, Luna Wolves.

Skraal and Ehrlen of the World Eaters were my two favourite. Showed that the World Eaters weren't all frothing madmen just very, very, very focussed on doing their duty to the Emperor in a very direct way...

I quite liked Horus too. Especially when he was man enough to admit that it should have been Sanguinius, not him, as Warmaster. A nice change from the mindless arrogance of Fulgrim and Magnus and some of the others.

Malcador was pretty cool too. For a basically normal guy to be handpicked as the Emperor's right hand man for centuries means he was pretty badass.

Him.

Good answer!

Of the less Divine, I think Erebus is quite awesome. He truly represents my perception of the fallen Word Bearers, the insane zealotry and the deceitful scheming that all lead to the "greater sacrifice". Erebus is a pawn and a minion more than anything, yet he is the architect and the villain of the greatest event of the entire lore. Erebus, to me, is more than any other character, a true representation of how I percieve an Astartes of his chapter, regardless of which chapter, should be.

Uthizzar of the Thousand Sons and Lucius of the Emperor's Children both come close as well, moreso in my opinion than more known warriors such as Ahriman or Eidolon.

Still waiting for the Iron Warriors novel, though, and praying to the forces of the Great Ocean that Graham McNeill won't have a single thing to do with it. But we all know better, in our heart of hearts. And Perturabo wept.

Favourites are probably Alpharius and John Grammaticus from Legion.

Others that stood out for me were Horus in Horus Rising/False Gods and actually Ferrus Manus in Fulgrim. He came across pretty badass (even if he does get the chop at the end).

Loken, especially for his sparring duel with Lucius :P

Totally agree here, This made me LOL like an idiot on the bus home from work. "It's not all about the sword" genius!

Loken, Tarvitz & Garro are all great, but also like Lucius for being a great anti hero character.

My hero is Guilliman he is also the hero of vast amounts of various space marines

You mean the guy who turns up late & misses the whole show?

I can see it now, a whole book about the great hero of humanity writing a book, I cant wait.

Phosis T'Kar. The man's a champ in that book.

Captain Erhlen. Nothing says bad m :D er than seeing your former legion and your former primarch charging at you and then charging right back at them.

Skraal. His entire character is just so beautiful.

Loken and Torgaddon as a pair take the cake for me. Of all the characters in the entire heresy I felt the most sad for, Loken and Torgaddon were the ones that saddened me the most when they died (being with them for 3 books would have a good part in that).

• 2 weeks later...

Loken as we had 3 whole books to get used to him, he seemed to me what SM should be like, rememebering they are humanities protectors,

Bulveye was cool to just because he is a SW who is still around now kicking traitor ass

Archived