who is your hero

My hero is Guilliman he is also the hero of vast amounts of various space marines

You mean the guy who turns up late & misses the whole show?

I can see it now, a whole book about the great hero of humanity writing a book, I cant wait.

The hero who, almost single handed, took it upon himself to restructure a war ravaged interstallar imperium and rebuild it in such a way that it still stands thousands of years later. Yeah. That one.

While its true Guilliman missed the siege but so did Russ, The Lion, and the three Legions who suffered casualties at the Dropsite Massacres. Guilliman at least had the excuse of being blatantly manipulated by Horus (and his own success depending on the where the source material comes from) to be far, far away when the Heresy went down at Terra.

The whole book of Guilliman would also be him slapping the chaos scum silly 'til they run into the Eye of Terror....while writing a book, yes.

Though wasn't this thread about non-Primarchs? *scratches head in puzzlement*

Sigismund.

Such as badass he killed Khârn.

And then he came back to life... Seem old Sigi didn't do quite a good enough job; and if a space marine can't kill he needs to be put down.

Sigismund.

Isnt there a club for that?

or atleast a "I killed Khârn the Betrayer and all i got was this stupid t-shirt"?

WLK

Well, not even Sigismund can stop Chaos from reincarnating whoever it wants. And when you kill Khârn all you get is glory, and the chance to do it again.

Abaddon cause he is simply the strongest and toughest character that walks around during the Heresy.

He is a total badass and he hates everything that is not human how more staight forward can you be, I just love people who go straight to the point of things.

He also is grumpy at times and likes to complain I like that part of him aswell ;)

Abaddon FTW !!!!!

But... but... every Black Crusade that he started has ended up being an Epic Fail! He blames Horus all the time and is not capable to wipe just an entire chapter (just 1000 marines vs a Legion, yeah). And not because of the chaos codex :(

My vote is for Khârn and Ahriman.

Indeed this post is ment for non-primarch characters. Please try and keep your choices out of the demi god section of heros. Thank you brothers

Yeah, John Grammaticus for sure. I don't care if he and other parts of that book were totally ripped off from Dune. He was cool. Plus, unlike boring astartes, he actually had relations with a chick... with a psyker army officer chick whos described as being ridiculously hot. I mean, you can choose Khârn if you want, but who would you rather be really?

Sigismund.

or atleast a "I killed Khârn the Betrayer and all i got was this stupid t-shirt"?

WLK

Pfff ;)

At least Sigismund killed Khârn :verymad:

What did Leman Russ do against Magnus? Ponced around playing touchy feelies and busting WWF moves :P Weirdo.

+++

Garvi was excellent. I loved him growing into the Mournival and then being ejected by the Warrior Lodge machinations.

Also Garro. He too shared a progressive story like Loken's ~ Legion is everything, Atheism is 'it', Legion has a rotten core, finds faith in the one who tried to undo 'faith'

These two had good progression and depth.

I have not read Battle of the Abyss or A Thousand Sons yet, though.

Sigismund.

WLK

Pfff <_<

At least Sigismund killed Khârn :lol:

What did Leman Russ do against Magnus? Ponced around playing touchy feelies and busting WWF moves -_- Weirdo.

+++

Garvi was excellent. I loved him growing into the Mournival and then being ejected by the Warrior Lodge machinations.

Also Garro. He too shared a progressive story like Loken's ~ Legion is everything, Atheism is 'it', Legion has a rotten core, finds faith in the one who tried to undo 'faith'

These two had good progression and depth.

I have not read Battle of the Abyss or A Thousand Sons yet, though.

how about made him cry like a little girl with a skinned knee and call upon a Chaos God to save the remnants of his legion?

that sounds pretty awesome to me.

and Khârn got ran over by a APC (forgot is it was a Rhino or Land Raider)...he must not be that hard to kill with reflexes like that. -_-

WLK

and Khârn got ran over by a APC (forgot is it was a Rhino or Land Raider)...he must not be that hard to kill with reflexes like that. <_<

WLK

Khârn takes a Death or Glory test and fail the dice roll, then woke up with a fu -_- hangover and resumed the spree.

how about made him cry like a little girl with a skinned knee and call upon a Chaos God to save the remnants of his legion?

and Khârn got ran over by a APC (forgot is it was a Rhino or Land Raider)...he must not be that hard to kill with reflexes like that. :P

WLK

Khârn didn't get hit by the APC. The APC got hit by Khârn :eek ~ I think he was venting because he hadn't found any Loyalists yet :lol:

If you have to hit him harder than a tank, I'd reckon he took some killing :)

Surely Leman could've done better than skinning his knee though?

Especially after he got pimp slapped by El'Johnson into unconsciousness, I'd have thought he'd have learnt not to dally after being bitten once? ;)

and Khârn got ran over by a APC (forgot is it was a Rhino or Land Raider)...he must not be that hard to kill with reflexes like that. :P

WLK

Khârn didn't get hit by the APC. The APC got hit by Khârn :eek ~ I think he was venting because he hadn't found any Loyalists yet :lol:

If you have to hit him harder than a tank, I'd reckon he took some killing :yes:

Surely Leman could've done better than skinning his knee though?

Especially after he got pimp slapped by El'Johnson into unconsciousness, I'd have thought he'd have learnt not to dally after being bitten once? :o

"Pimp Slapped"? I like your definition of punched after the fight.

and your right, lets ask another primarch how to deal with failure...dorn fails to defend the palace, the EMperor dies, Dorn freaks out, goes on a "roaring rampage of revenge", allows Big G to take power, and then sacrifices some of his most loyal men in a trap by by Peturabo...me thinks you might want to check your glass house before comments of failure get brought up. :D

abd didnt the batman wannabe whip you up also?

good track record of "success" there.

WLK

My hero of the entire heresy so far?

Ostian Delafour.

I have an allergy to most of McNeils writing, mainly because i'm at my wits end of his Astartes bursting into tears like a hormonal pregnant teen mother.

But, Ostian hit the nail on the head for me personally. Garro is my favourite Marine because he stood up for things he believed in with the clarity of purpose, where as Loken....just threw a hissy fit every time someone didn't buff his ego. Ostian was a mortal, with a flare and passion for fine things. Spurned and spurned again, his love held loosely by its fingernails with the woman he idolises and she shuts him out. With all the debauchery and ludicity going on aboard Fulgrims cruiser, he alone of the Remembrancers keeps his head straight and doesn't give in to the ultimate greed for pleasurable things, he still strives to help the woman he loves.

I guess it calls out to the hopeless romantic in me, but thats what really calls out to me so far in the books.

Sure Skraal kicking arse was freakin' amazing, but for me Ostian paints a picture on the 'Little Guy', that one man who's had enough and stands up to what he believes isn't right.

and your right, lets ask another primarch how to deal with failure...dorn fails to defend the palace,

Right, because the traitors burned it to the ground.......

the EMperor dies,

One, hes not dead yet, two, he chose to not use his full powers, three, the battlebarge attack was his idea.

Dorn freaks out,

So Russ was cool with the Emperor dying? Thats fishy....

goes on a "roaring rampage of revenge",

Someone had too. I mean you guys fought the smallest Legion and took such a beating you couldn't make it to Terra in time right? Then you had to go fight the Dark Angels, for what?

allows Big G to take power,

Im pretty sure Big G did all of his power taking on his own, Dorn was out and about kicking ass and taking names. But the truth is hard to see when your licking your wounds back on Fenris.

and then sacrifices some of his most loyal men in a trap by by Peturabo

Lives willingly given in noble cause. We are Imperial Fists, sacrifice is our nature.

...me thinks you might want to check your glass house before comments of failure get brought up.

Except we use Starship grade viewport glass in our houses, so we can throw rocks or high explosives and it wont matter, cause our glass walls don't break.

abd didnt the batman wannabe whip you up also?

Didn't Lion El'Johnson knock Russ out? Oh... that was a sucker punch right? So it doesn't count? Well neither does walking up to Kurze and asking for the time and having him pull chunks of your flesh off because he forgot to take his Valium that morning.

good track record of "success" there.

I'll take less success with more meaning, than most victories just because you got something to prove. I bet you guys ride really loud harleys so everyone will pay attention to you and look as you drive past.

:o

Well neither does walking up to Kurze and asking for the time and having him pull chunks of your flesh off because he forgot to take his Valium that morning.

Hey hey hey. Curze never took Valium, he dealt with his problems like a real man :o

Well neither does walking up to Kurze and asking for the time and having him pull chunks of your flesh off because he forgot to take his Valium that morning.

Hey hey hey. Curze never took Valium, he dealt with his problems like a real man :ph34r:

By kneeling on building tops with a back drop of the moon, waiting for the Imperial Commisionar to send the Skull and Wings symbol out over the night sky? :yes:

My hero is Guilliman he is also the hero of vast amounts of various space marines

You mean the guy who turns up late & misses the whole show?

I can see it now, a whole book about the great hero of humanity writing a book, I cant wait.

The hero who, almost single handed, took it upon himself to restructure a war ravaged interstallar imperium and rebuild it in such a way that it still stands thousands of years later. Yeah. That one.

While its true Guilliman missed the siege but so did Russ, The Lion, and the three Legions who suffered casualties at the Dropsite Massacres. Guilliman at least had the excuse of being blatantly manipulated by Horus (and his own success depending on the where the source material comes from) to be far, far away when the Heresy went down at Terra.

The whole book of Guilliman would also be him slapping the chaos scum silly 'til they run into the Eye of Terror....while writing a book, yes.

Yeaaah this thread isn't about the primarchs. Since you brought it up though, wasn't Guilliman the same guy who bullied 3 of his brothers into doing what his great book said because all of them were too beaten up by the Heresy to resist?

Doesn't exactly sound like a hero to me. More like a schoolyard bully turned tyrant.

Also, where does it say that Siggy killed Khârn once?

Archived