Today Mephiston slayed...

Yeah I've had lots of games where the only damage suffered to Mephiston was by my own hand, be it perils of the warp or dangerous terrain tests.... I've not had him die from it as I tend to not cast and take the risk once he's on his last wound.

Meffy rules.

My meffy kill count so far is...(mind you old rules)

full 10 man command squad with Pedro in it.

4 Wraithlords

2 Tervigons/Malocs

10 man genestealer squad

1 Carnifex

1 10 man termagant squad

3 Farseers

1 Old One Eye

THAN....he was K.O.'d after I killed old one eye. It was my last turn in Apocalypse battle. So I blessed Meffy with the Emperor's protection and slaughtered Old One Eye. Than on opponents last turn...was met with...a 10 man genestealer squad....a 15+ termagaunt squad....a 15+ hormagaunt squad...3 man Nid Warrior squad...all managed to get into combat with meffy...(i converted larger display base) IT WAS EPIC...wiff after wiff...save after save...finally I just couldn't keep up with the attacks...missed one here and there...and finally...a lone termagant forced me to make a save which I failed...MEFFY DOWN! Corbulo can run in there and save his geneseed for the cloning process later /shrugs. Good Ol' Meffy...

My Meffy quote:

Corbulo: So Meffy, what are you doing today?

Mephiston: Killing wraithlords, why?

Corbulo: ...

Meffy rules.

My meffy kill count so far is...(mind you old rules)

full 10 man command squad with Pedro in it.

4 Wraithlords

2 Tervigons/Malocs

10 man genestealer squad

1 Carnifex

1 10 man termagant squad

3 Farseers

1 Old One Eye

THAN....he was K.O.'d after I killed old one eye. It was my last turn in Apocalypse battle. So I blessed Meffy with the Emperor's protection and slaughtered Old One Eye. Than on opponents last turn...was met with...a 10 man genestealer squad....a 15+ termagaunt squad....a 15+ hormagaunt squad...3 man Nid Warrior squad...all managed to get into combat with meffy...(i converted larger display base) IT WAS EPIC...wiff after wiff...save after save...finally I just couldn't keep up with the attacks...missed one here and there...and finally...a lone termagant forced me to make a save which I failed...MEFFY DOWN! Corbulo can run in there and save his geneseed for the cloning process later /shrugs. Good Ol' Meffy...

My Meffy quote:

Corbulo: So Meffy, what are you doing today?

Mephiston: Killing wraithlords, why?

Corbulo: ...

No way this is in one game?

I played against Meph the other day with my marines (as SW). I can't remember what he killed, it was upwards of 350 pts worth, but having limited AP2 weaponry I decided to ignore Meph and go after the rest of his army.

To my surprise Mephiston Periled 4 times and rolled a 1 for landing in dangerous terrain.

The lord of Death died without my force shooting a single shot at him. My opponent and I were in hysterics.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I could start a whole new thread on times when meph failed in a spectacular way. In one game he lost 2 wounds to perils and one to his own plasma pistol. the sad thing is his final wound was to a perils from his unleash rage attempt.

Today in 1250 Point game against Chaos Daemons Mephiston slayed:

Greater Daemon of Nurgle in 2 rounds of combat

The greater daemon actually charged Mephiston because i was too busy laughing at its slow and purposeful to realize it was in charge range.

Daemon Prince with all the Nurgle upgrades in one round of combat

1 plague bearer with a plasma pistol shot

the remaining 3 plague bearers in the following round of combat

He ended the game with 3 wounds left the greater daemon put 2 wounds on him.

At 1250 he absolutely destroyed all the high threat targets on the field leaving my RAS to claim the objectives and clean up the rest of the chaos scum.

Get ready for it guys!!! Here it comes...!!!

I played a game where Meph didnt Make up his points cost!!!!!!

He did on the other hand use his psychic hood to negate 2 last attempts kill 3 Obliterators and combined with vindicators scare my opponent into not wanting to walk everything accros the table risking a Meph charge so while he didnt kill to much he did run out to grab an objective incase the game ended turn 5 which would have got me a win however the game went on and meph subsiquently died after failing a whole bunch of cover saves (very unlucky). I still won the game just, but the guys list was fowl and stopping thise lashes while being a deterant and fire magnet for a bit meant he still did a great job.

Chaos list

Abaddon

2x termi squad of 5

2x fist 2x PW 1x Chain Fist and 5 combi Meltas

2 squads of 3 oblits

2 squads of 10 man plauge Marines with 2 meltas and a fist

One squad had a rhino and a chaos sorceror with wings and last

What a disgusting list especially seeing as i play with alot of vehicles! But still closest game I've had, could have easily been a draw or a loss.

Meph didn't do anything too spectacular today. He failed to kill a land raider redeemer before heading off to just kill 1 other librarian (epistolary) and most of his assault squad before Astorath arrived to finish everything off after killing another librarian and his squad. Meph blew it half the time and rolled 1's and 2's to hit with no re-rolls due to being negated by other psychic hoods.

He did however take some melta shots away from my only 2 tanks, which was pivotal.

Why didn't you just recast unleash rage? ir had you used wings and sang sword in the same turn? I always cast sang sword firswt turn even in an enemies combat phase so I don't have to worry about it for the rest of the game.

a few days ago he ate about 750 pts of Tyranids (in a 1000 pts game) and in a later game he slayed a bunch of ork boyz with a warboss and 9 Nobz but Ghazgull got the better of him in the end before losing the combat :/

now they really hate Mephiston in my group ;) starting to talk that his stats are compensation for the lack of masculine parts of the body <_<

Not trying to flame anyone or anything but after reading all this don't you all think maybe Mephiston is a bit too overpowered? Specially for his low point cost(yes very low for what he can do). I was about to play Blood angels as well since I like melee combat but I couldn't get myself to play it in the end sicne my friends would never play with me again.

As I said no offence but don't you guys kinda agree that specially Mephiston is a bit over the top?

Not trying to flame anyone or anything but after reading all this don't you all think maybe Mephiston is a bit too overpowered? Specially for his low point cost(yes very low for what he can do). I was about to play Blood angels as well since I like melee combat but I couldn't get myself to play it in the end sicne my friends would never play with me again.

As I said no offence but don't you guys kinda agree that specially Mephiston is a bit over the top?

Couldn't you just not use him? Rather than rule out an entire army because of one character?

I have no problem killing him. Most opponents look at him as 1 guy. I treat him like a tank/full squad. I pour tons of dakka into him or send some TH termies to whoop him up. He'll fall to another heavy hitter like any other. You say he's overpowered for his points but if you think about it, he has the points of a med-large squad of sternguard/fire dragons with wave serpent/howling banshee with wave serpent/VV/keeper of secrets/a couple broadsides.

He can easily be killed if you change your mindset about what your fighting. A good player is gonna use his strengths against your weakneses which is why you read through this thread and count the number of troops he's taken out. Most players make the mistake of improper target priority.

Why didn't you just recast unleash rage? ir had you used wings and sang sword in the same turn? I always cast sang sword firswt turn even in an enemies combat phase so I don't have to worry about it for the rest of the game.

Sang sword only works for that combat phase. It doesn't work for the whole game.

It took 2 attempts just to get that off, then my unleash rage was canceled. Next turn i just turned and charged the librarian who canceled my psychic powers.

In response without trying to flame your friends, they are a bit, 'I need a nice way to put this' they are like whingy little girls. Not only are the blood angels not the top tier army but Meph can be dealt with if you just use a bit of smarts. So they want to have a cry cause they cant just do the normal thing of throw some tac marines at him and jobs done. Either play very friendly games where no one takes any units that others may deam powerfull or harden up and get better at the game. In ard boys people don't even use Meph which really says it all. Not to mention the 200 post long thread of a general consensus that Meph isn't broken at all. What would your friends do if a demon player took fate weaver, or 2 blood Thirsters? Imp guard with Medusas and Vendettas? Chaos with oblits and duel Lash? Space Wolves with wolf guard with 5pt combi weapons? Are you kind of seeing my point?

Meph has clocked up these huge tallies because people have played badly against him and people have used him to out smart there opponentm the same as if a blood thirster or a wolf lord on thunderwolf with hammer and shield were left to run through your army. It just requires a bit of thinking and practice to learn to deal with new threats. Anyway this is for Mephs kill tally not this discussion, If you want a more in depth discussion read the thread 'Is Mephistion too powerful". It has plenty of answers for you.

Hope that helps

Crynn.

It does help and I sat down last night thinking some more about this and thought up ways I would be able to kill him. He isn't impossible but I think I still think he's a bit too cheap for all those stats. As you mentioned a Wold Lord on Thunderwolf I would have to say a Thudnerwolf Lord costs more than Mephiston(like 20 points more or so) and is bout equal in CC. But then Mephiston can cast 3 powers a turn and he has that gaze which is really hard to not fail.

Blood Angels seem liek a nice army overrall with cool models cool choices but I stil stand firm that their characters might be a bit over the top and Dante's probably the most annoying char I ever seen with his mask ^^

Yesterday Mephiston killed:

4 PF terminators

1 PF/Assault Cannon terminator

5 devastators

15 tactical marines

Edit:

Forgot to mention, there was a really cool moment when Meph had wiped out the devastators and tactical marines in one bastion in turn 3, before flying over to another bastion, firing his plasma pistol killing one marine, before charging in and killing the rest. All this with one wound left, I was dreading his plasma pistol overheating, or failing his test when he landed in terrain ;)

out of 3 matches played

2 vs nids

1 vs raven guar

game 1

tyrant

2 carnifexes

1 squad of stealers

at least 750pts worth of nids

before suffering perils and losing his last wound

he casted the "bah im bored, im going home" power

game 2

squad of stealers+broodlord

carnifex

this game he did not suffer a wound at all

my 5 terminators killed more than he did(model wise) -> 2 fex 30 gaunts

game 3

shrike

chaplin

dreadnough

5 marines

6 assault marines

suffered 2 wounds

so out of 3 games he has killed at least 1000 pts or more

just only thing that im doing is giving him some backup either with terminators or a 10 man assault squad + priest

you do know that you cannot attach meph and other units because he is not an IC yes? or have i misunderstood your post and that you are just tunning a group of 10 termis along side him?

Eh? You wouldn't want to tie Mephiston to any other unit anyway. They would slow him down in his unit-to-unit killing-spree tally. :whistling:

before suffering perils and losing his last wound

he casted the "bah im bored, im going home" power

Hilarious, I'm quite close to siggin' that!

Archived