Dornian Heresy - Codex In Progress

1) I kinda like the idea of the Thousand Sons using an Eldar-esque system for their psykers. Im actually building a full thousand sons army and I know that psyker spam can be really frustrating. Especially when you perils as much as I do :blush:

2) I totally agree with word bearers on this one.

3) By CSM do you mean Codex: Space Marine or Codex Chaos Marine?, I'll assume the former. Perhaps if we go the special character route, we can add a stipulation that all Assault Sqauds without Jump Packs are troops to stop it from becoming another C:BA

The idea was inspired by Eldar exarch powers and I think it works well with the fluff as in the PDF it describes specific squads utilising specific powers and being united by their seargent and if the seargent is killed the squad becomes confused.

As for the CSM I did mean codex space marines and I agree on the assault squads not having jump packs. I also think that their should be something reflects their drive for controle like how in the fluff there is a story of a World Eater getting the blood of a Space Wolf in his mouth and liking it but then he fights for controle and such which to me could be a usefull part of using the BA codex but I think it should be more along the lines of having to take a leadership test and if they fail they become subject to the Rage and Furious Charge rules as they lose control which can be beneficial but then a negative effective should also be applied.

We've been planning on using C:BT for Word Bearers.

On the World Eaters, I have a theory that reads like so, just an idea.

The Rule would read:

WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN:

Whenever a World Eaters unit achieves a massacre in close combat, make a leadership test at -1, if passed, there is no effect. If failed, the world eaters unit gains a 5+ feel no pain save, +1 attack and the USR Rage and loses "And they shall know no fear"

The FNP was inspired by the old chaos codex, and losing ATSKNF makes it a drawback like in C:BA. The loss of ATSKNF is meant to represent them reverting to a more primal, bestial "Fight or Flight" mindset

On a final note, if we are interested in working on a specific codex, what do we do? I would like to work on C: Night Lords and write the little bits of fluff

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Great work on the Dornian heresy!

Just one thing though, and I admit I have not read all replys so I am not sure if it has been adressed.

Wouldn't the 7th legion be Imperial fist and the 16th Luna wolves/sons of horus/black legion instead of 7th: black legion and 16th: black templars as put in the first post of this thread?

Since technically black templar are second founding anyway and the luna wolves were the 16th legion in any case.

More over all the other legions in the dornian heresy have kept the same numbers as in the regular "history".

Best Regards.

Can't wait for volume 2

• 1 month later...
Started the World Eater 'counts-as' rules thread in the Rules section. :D

Feel free to drop in and chip in with ideas for Angron's boys - hopefully we will be able to come up with something that fits closely enough, and can act as a template for future Alt-legions. :)

It has got me thinking about the other legions too... and I thought that Thousand Sons would be a nice fit for the Thousand Sons... psychically talented, able to use their powers to augment their battlefield abilities, shrouding them from the view of their enemies, led by psychic sergeants (justicars) with force weaponry... small squads... it wouldn't cover the techmarines and apothecaries, but could be a good starting point, no? :P

Best I saw for the thousand sons, and apologies i have no idea who it was, was actually a thousand sons representation using the Necrons codex, unfortunatly its a primarily infantry force of course but so much of the necron rules just represented the various psychic powers. The lords of course being exceptionally powerful psykers.

• 1 year later...

Wow i do not see any new posts here but for those who have been working on this and also working on the DH Iron Hands Codex i finished one. i know bannus and a few others have been working on it. without further ado here's what i have. please be very honest and edit as you see fit im always looking for feedback.

Codex

• Makes use of Both Space Marines and Necrons 5th edition Codex’s, certain choices are not allowed though.

The Following are not allowed in this Codex or in an Army that uses this Codex.

• Space Marines Special HQ Characters

• Space Marines Chaplains

• Space Marines Librarians

• Space Marines Drop Pods

• Space Marines Sternguard Veteran Squad

• Space Marines Vanguard Squad

• Space Marines Legion of the Damn Squad

• Space Marines Assault Squad

• Space Marines Landspeeder

• Space Marines Assault bikes

• Space Marines Scouts

• Space Marine Terminators

• Space Marine Rhinos, Predators, Razorbacks, Vinactors

• Necons Flayed Ones

• Necrons C’Tan

• Necrons Night Scythe

• Necrons Ghost Ark

• Necrons Command Barge

• Necrons Triarch Stalker

• Necrons Tomb Blades

• Necrons Canoptek Wraiths

• Necrons Canoptek Spyder

• Necrons Doom Scythe

The following Rules are edit or Adds

Legion Tactics: All units lose Combat Tactics and ATSKNF special rules. Instead the leadership of all units is increased by 1.

Gauss Weapons: All units that used Bolters or any other type of Ranged weapons will be replaced with Gauss Weapons or Bolters are now armed with Gauss Ammo which carries the same profile as Gauss Weaponry. No Unit in the Iron Hands Army may take any weapons other than Gauss Weapons or Gauss Ammo. *Exception* Other Weapons from Necrons 5th Codex are Allowed

Phase Technology – Iron Hand Units are able to teleport each turn

Reanimation Protocols –Is a model is removed form by as a casually, there is a chance that it will self repair and return to play at the end of the current phase. Roll D6, on a 1 – 4 the damage is to serve and noting happens but if on a 5 or 6, return to play with the unit it died from with one wound. At least one model from the unit must still be alive in order for any others form the unit to come back.

Ever-Living - Same as Reanimation Protocols but does not require a unit for it to join. Must be placed 3” form where it died.

Enropic Stike – Any model that suffers one or more unsaved wounds from a weapon or model with this special rule immediately loses its armor save for the reminder of the battle. In the case of Vehicles from this rule, roll a D6 on 4+ it loses 1 point of Armour Vaule from All Facings, If reduced to 0 on any facings it is immediately wrecked.

Living Metal – If a model with this rule suffers a crew shaken result roll a D6. One a roll of 1 the result is normal on 2+ the result is ignored. On crew shaken roll a D6 on a 1-3 hits as normal, on 4+ the result is ignored.

The Flesh is Weak: The Iron Hands venerate the mechanical over the flesh and treat Dreadnoughts and Terminator armor differently than other Chapters. The Iron Hands prefer to distribute this equipment throughout the Chapter - believing it provides greater inspiration to the Marines around them.

o Any units equipped with one or more suits of Terminator armor benefit from the Stubborn Universal Special Rule as described in the Universal Special Rules of the main rule book.

o Any unit with at least one model within 12" of a Venerable Dreadnought may re-roll any Morale or Pinning Checks.

• Clans of Medusa:

o Venerable Dreadnoughts may only be chosen as HQ selections.

o An Iron Hands army may not select Chaplains, but may select Iron-Fathers instead (see below).

o Any Master of the Forge or Techmarine equipped with a power weapon may exchange it for a relic blade for +15 points.

o Iron Hands Servitors are constructed with combat in mind. Use the profile, costs and options below for all units of Servitors.

o The Sergeant of any Tactical Squad may replace his bolter and/or his bolt pistol with a thunder hammer for +30 points.

o Any Sergeant equipped with a Gauss bolter and power sword or power fist may exchange his power armor for Terminator armor for free.

o Iron Hands armies may not choose Terminator Squads or Terminator Assault Squads as Elites selections. However, a Captain may select one of these units in place of a Command Squad.

All Weapons in the Necrons Codex Wargear selection are allowed

Force Allocation Chart

** means that the stats for this unit are in Necrons 5th Codex.

HQ

Iron Lord (Chapter Master)

+ Iron Court

Iron Knight Commander (Necron Overlord**)

+ Iron Court

Iron Commander (Captain)

+ Command Guard - Terminator Squad *

Iron Court ( Up to 5 each Per Iron Lord or Iron Knight Commander)

• Iron-Father (Chaplain)

• Iron-Prime (Psychic Nulls/Anti-Librarians)

• Iron Knight (Necron Lord**)

• Iron WordSmith (Necron Crytek**)

Master of the Artifacts (Master of the Forge) ( One Per Iron Lord Allowed, Not FAC)

+ Servitor Squad

HQ - Named

Imotekh, Iron Lord – (Imotekh the StormLord**)

Trazyn Gadamer , Iron Lord -Trazyn the Infinite **

Anrakyr – Anrakyr the Traveller**

Orikan – Orikan the Diviner **

Nemesor – Nemsor Zahndrekh**

Vargard Obyron - Vargard Obyron**

Kardan Stronos, Iron Lord

Venerable Dreadnought Bannus

Gabriel Santar (Captain, Character)Iron Commander

Brother Gaumech ( Does not Take Up FAC)

Names for People

• Gdolkin (Iron Father)

• Madeus

Elites

Dreadnought

Deathmarks ** - Iron Hands Scouts Whose Bodys where to badly destroyed to be just alter by Bionics, their minds and souls were transferred to the Empty Huss the Iron Hands Found.

LychGuards ** – Those Iron Hands who freely turned their bodys into a prue metal form. They now serve as the personal bodyguards to the Lords of the Iron Hands.

Triarch Praetorians ** – Those who first accepted the pure metal gift of the Void Dragon. They served as the guardians for the Iron Hands who rather chose to sleep and wait for their numbers to grow.

Troops

Tactical Squad - Any Sergeant may be upgraded to a Techmarine for X points, squad able to teleport, vet sergeant or Techmarine is armed with warscythe. Size is 5 – 20 man

Immortals ** - Iron Hands Terminators Whose Bodys where to badly destroyed to be just alter by Bionics, their minds and souls were transferred to the Empty Huss the Iron Hands Found.

Warriors **– Iron Hands Whose Bodys where to badly destroyed to be just alter by Bionics, their minds and souls were transferred to the Empty Huss the Iron Hands Found.

Fast Attack

Canoptek Scarabs **– Creatures made of machines that were found in the Tomb worlds, they heal the Iron Hands and when need be break away to attack when a marine falls in battle.

Destroyers **- Iron Hands Devastators Whose Body’s where to badly destroyed to be just alter by Bionics, their minds and souls were transferred to the Empty Huss the Iron Hands Found.

Heavy Support

Heavy Dread

Thunderfire cannon

Landraider - Living Metal Rule Armed with Gauss Cannons in front, 2x Gauss Flayers on each side. Able to teleport.

Doomsday Ark **

Monolith **

Annihilation Barge **

Super Heavy

Iron Hands Pylon ( Necron Pylon **) 

HQ

• Special Named Characters

Kardan Stronos – 210pts

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv

Master 7 5 5 5 4 5 3 10 3+

Unit Composition: 1 Kardan Stronos

Unit Type: Infantry

Wargear:

• Artificer Armour

• Warscyte Blade

• Glass Flayer

• Resurrection Orb

Special Rules:

• Stubborn

• Feel No Pain

• Independent Character

• Everliving

• Enropic Strike

Options:

Venerable Dreadnought Bannus – 225pts.

WS BS S Armor (Front) (Side) Rear I - A Ld Sv

Bannus 6 5 6 12 12 10 4-2 8 2+

Unit Composition: 1 Bannus Venerable Dreadnought (Unique)

Unit Type: Vechicle (Walker)

Wargear:

• Gauss Cannon

• Close Combat Weapon

• Dampening Field Generator

• Extra Armor

Special Rules:

• Feel No Pain

• Independent Character

• Blessing of the Void Dragon

• Machine Like Advance

• Deep Strike

• Venerable

• Living Metal

• Ever-Living

Options:

Dampening Field Generator: This power field generator reduces the strength of any attack against Bannus by 1.

Machine-like Advance: All Iron Hands units within 12" of Bannus benefit from the Relentless and Counter-Attack universal special rules (see Warhammer 40,000 rulebook).

Units embarked in transports may not benefit from this ability.

Iron Father Sarlock– 185pts

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv

Iron Father Sarlock 5 4 5 3 2 5 2 10 2+

Unit Composition: 1 Iron Father Sarlock ( Unique)

Wargear:

• Artificer Armour

• Mechanicum Blade

• Gauss Pistol or Gauss Bolter

• Servo-Harness

• Mechanicum Protectiva

Special Rules:

• Honour of the Clan

• Feel No Pain

• Independent Character

• Scion of Mars

• Lord of the Armoury

Options:

Scion of Mars: Because of their betrayal with the Adeptus Mechanicus, the Iron Hands have unprecedented access to rare technologies. If Iron-Father Sarlock is in the army, then any Techmarine may replace his servo-harness and bolter with a conversion beamer for free.

Mechanicus Protectiva: This stolen artifact from the Adeptus Mechanicus provides Iron-Father Sarlock with a 4+ invulnerable save.

Blessing of the Void Dragon: Iron-Father Sarlock benefits from the Blessing of the VoidDragon special rules, except that he needs a 6+ instead of a 5+ to make a successful repair (see page 71 of Codex: Space Marines for details).

Servitors: If you include Sarlock in the army then you may include one additional unit of Servitors in the army than normally allowed and a unit of Servitors does not have to test for Mind Lock if joined by Sarlock.

Brother Gaumech– 70pts * Does Not Count Towards HQ Allocation Chart If Army has Thunder fire Cannon, Replaces the Operator

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv

Brother Gaumech 4 5 4 4 1 4 2 10 2+

Unit Composition: 1 Gaumech ( Unique)

Unit Type: Artillery

Wargear:

• Artificer Armour

• Mechanicum Blade

• Servo-Harness

• Mechanicum Protectiva

Special Rules:

• Honour of the Clan

• Feel No Pain

• Independent Character

• Telsa Munitions

• Ever-Living

Telsa Munitions: Brother Gaumech has access to special anti-tank munitions for his Thunderfire Cannon. These rounds are experimental and sometimes fail to detonate.

When firing this type of ammunition, the Thunderfire Cannon has the following profile:

Range Str Ap Type

ThunderFire Cannon with Telsa Munitions 60” 8 2 Heavy, 1 + D3

• Normal HQ

Iron Lord – 160pts

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv

Master 6 5 4 4 3 5 3 10 2+

Unit Composition: 1 Master

Wargear:

• Artificer Armour

• Warscyte

• Glass Flayer

Special Rules:

• Stubborn

• Feel No Pain

• Independent Character

• Everliving

• Enropic Strike

Options:

• May replace Warscyte or Gauss Flayer with one of the following:

o Mechanicum Blade or Thunder Hammer for 30pts

• May take any of the following:

o Digital Weapons for 10pts

o Servo-Arm for 25pts

• May instead replace all wargear with Terminator Armour, Heavy Gauss Cannon and Power Weapon for 40pts

o May replace Terminator Armour’s Twin-Linked Bolter with one of the following:

 Thunder Hammer for 20pts

o May replace Terminator Armour’s Power Weapon with one of the following:

 Storm Shield for 10pts

 Thunder Hammer for 15pts

o May take a Servo-Arm for 25pts

Iron Commander – 135pts

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv

Master 6 5 4 4 3 5 3 10 2+

Unit Composition: 1 Captain

Wargear:

• Artificer Armour

• Chainsword

• Bolt Pistol

Special Rules:

• Feel No Pain

• Independent Character

• Every-Living

• Enropic strike

Options:

• May replace with one of the following:

o Storm Shield, Power Weapon, for 15pts

o Mechanicum Blade or Thunder Hammer for 30pts

o Digital Weapons for 10pts

o Servo-Arm for 25pts

• May instead replace all wargear with Terminator Armour, Gauss Blaster and Power Weapon for 40pts

o May replace Terminator Armour’s Twin-Linked Bolter with one of the following:

 Thunder Hammer for 20pts

o May replace Terminator Armour’s Power Weapon with one of the following:

 Storm Shield for 10pts

 Thunder Hammer for 15pts

o May take a Servo-Arm for 25pts

Royal Court

The following HQ choices are not counted towards the normal FOC

Iron Father – 150pts

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv

Iron Father 5 5 4 4 2 5 2 10 3+

Unit Composition: 1 Iron Father

Wargear:

• Artificer Armour

• Mechanicum Blade

• Servo-Harness

• Mechanicum Protectiva

Special Rules:

• Honour of the Clan

• Feel No Pain

• Independent Character

• Bolster Defences

• Lord of the Armoury

• Ever-Living

Options:

• May replace his Servo-Harness with a Conversion Beamer for 20pts

• May replace Gauss Boltgun with one of the following:

o Twin-Linked Gauss Bolter for 5pts

o Combi-Weapon for 10pts

o Gauss Pistol for 15pts

• May take Digital Weapons for 10pts

• May replace Mechanicum Blade with a Thunder Hammer for 5pts

Servitors: You may include one unit of Servitors in your army for each Iron-Father selected.

Iron Prime – 100 points

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv

Iron Prime 5 5 4 4 2 5 2 10 3+

Unit Composition: 1 Iron Prime

Wargear:

• Artificer Armour

• Warscythe

• Gauss Blaster

• Phase Shifter

• Disruption Fields

Special Rules:

• Deep Strike

• Independent Character

• Psychic Null

• Everliving

Psychic Null: Any psyker within 24" of an Iron-Prime at the start of their turn must make take a Morale Check or fall back with any squad they are attached to. If the psyker fails the moral test while in close combat, he will not fall back but will only hit on a 6+ in the close combat phase. If a psyker is required to take a psychic test (while using one of his powers) within 24" of the Iron-Superior, he must re-roll any successful tests. The second result stands even if it succeeds again.

Master of the Artifacts

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv

Master of the Artifacts 4 5 4 4 2 4 2 10 2+

Unit Composition: 1 Master

Wargear:

• Artificer Armour

• Servo-Arm

Special Rules:

• Feel No Pain

• Independent Character

• Ever-Living

Options:

• Upgrade Servo-Arm to a Servo-Harness for 25pts

• May replace Bolter with one of the following:

o Plasma Pistol for 15pts

o Combi-Weapon for 10pts

• May take one of the following:

o Power Weapon for 15pts

o Thunder Hammer for 30pts

Makes Dreadnoughts Heavy and Elites Choices

Elites

Techmarine – 60pts

For every Techmarine in the army, you may take one Servitor Maniple. These do not take up FOC slots.

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv

Techmarine 4 4 4 4 1 4 1 8 2+

Unit Composition: 1 Techmarine

Wargear:

• Artificer Armour

• Servo-Arm

• Boltgun or Bolt Pistol

Special Rules:

• Feel No Pain

• Independent Character

• Ever-Living

Options:

• Upgrade Servo-Arm to a Servo-Harness for 25pts

• May replace Bolter with one of the following:

o Plasma Pistol for 15pts

o Combi-Weapon for 10pts

• May take one of the following:

o Power Weapon for 15pts

o Thunder Hammer for 30pts

Dreadnought - 110pts

Armour

BS F S R

Dreadnought 4 12 12 10

Unit Composition: 1 Dreadnought

Unit Type: Vehicle (Walker)

Wargear:

• Twin-Linked Gauss Cannons

• Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon

Options:

Troops

Iron Hands Squad – 175pts

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv

Iron Hands Sergeant 4 4 4 4 1 4 2 10 3+

Iron Hands Marine 4 4 4 4 1 4 2 9 3+

Unit Composition:

• 1 Iron Hands Sergeant

• 4 Marines

Wargear:

• Power Armour

• Gauss Flayer

• Disruption Fields

• Canotek Scarab Impant

Special Rules:

• Deep Strike

• Canotek Scarab Implant

• Reanimation Protocols

Options:

• May include up to 15 additional iron hands marines for + 20 each

• One Marine in 5 May replace his Flayer with a Gauss Blaster ….. +5

• The Iron Hands Sergeant may take a Warscythe for +10 points

Special Rule:

• Canotek Scarab Implant – In the result that the Ironhand Marine is taken out of play roll a D6, on 3+ the scarab breaks free and creates Canotek Scarab Swarm.

Iron Hands Servitors – 20pts

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv

Servitors 3 3 3 5 1 1 1 8 5+

Unit Composition:

• 1 Servitor

Wargear:

• Servo-arm

• Close Combat Impants

Special Rules:

• Mindlock

You may select one unit of Servitors for each Master of the Forge, Iron-Father, Techmarine and Techmarine Gunner in the army.

Options:

• May include up to four additional servitors for +20 points/model.

• Close Combat Implants: Counts as a power weapon

Heavy Support

Thunderfire Cannon – 120pts

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv

Techmarine Gunner 4 4 4 4 1 4 1 8 2+

Unit Composition: 1 Techmarine Gunner and 1 Thunderfire Cannon

Unit Type: Artillery

Wargear:

• Artificer Armour

• Bolt Pistol

• Servo-Harness

Special Rules:

• Feel No Pain

• Bolster Defences

• Ever-Living

Land Raider - 250pts

Armour

BS F S R

Land Raider 4 14 14 14

Unit Composition: 1 Land Raider

Unit Type: Tank

Wargear:

• Twin-Linked Gauss Cannon

• Two Twin-Linked Blasters

• Searchlight

Special Rules:

• Living Metal

Options:

Super Heavy Support

Necron Pylon - 420 points.

Armour, Front 14, Side 14, Rear 14 - Ballistic Skill 4.

Type - Immobile.

Crew - None.

Structure points - 2.

Weapons - Particle Accelerator OR Gauss Flux Arc Projector.

Transport - 0.

Special Rules

Living Metal

The Pylon is constructed of the same living Necron metal as the Monolith, capable of self-repairing and adapting its structure to resist incoming attacks.

Attacks which count the target's armour as being less than it really is (such as bright lancers and blasters) do not do so against the Pylon. Similarly, weapons that get additional Armour Penetration dice (such as chainfists, Monstrous Creatures or Melta weapons) do not get the extra dice against the Pylon.

Ordnance weapons still roll 2D6 for Armour Penetration and select the highest score.

Deep Strike

A Necron attack can be supported by Pylons teleporting to the surface.

When defending a tombworld dormant Pylons can suddenly rise from the ground to engage trespassers.

A Pylon may therefore be deployed by Deep Strike if the special rules for the mission being played allow it.

Because of the Pylons size it is not destroyed if there is an enemy within 1" when it arrives. Instead move any models that are in the way the minimum distance necessary to make space for the Pylon.

A Pylon that lands in impassable terrain is not destroyed but takes an immediate glancing hit.

Move the Pylon the minimum distance possible to avoid the dangerous terrain. If the scenario does not use the Deep Strike special rule then the Pylon must set up with the rest of the army as normal.

Damage Effects

Roll to damage the Pylon on the super-heavy tank damage tables. As the Pylon has no crew these tables are modified as follows;

Gun Crew Shaken result means that the Pylon can not fire one of its weapon modes next turn. Which mode is chosen by the opponent. The other weapon mode may fire normally.

Driver stunner and Engines damaged both have no effect on the Pylon, as it neither has a driver or an engine.

Each Field or Weapon Destroyed result reduces the Gauss Flux Arc by -1 shot, and also reduces the strength of the Particle Accelerator by -1.

Firing Modes: The Pylon can be used in one of two ways, either as a Gauss Flux Arc Projector or as a Particle Accelerator. Choose which mode the Pylon will use to fire before rolling any dice.

Gauss Flux Arc Projector

The Pylon unleashes blasts of energy arcing in all directions. It fires D6 shots at every enemy unit with a model within 12" of the Pylons base.

Range 12", Strength 5, AP 4, Type; Heavy D6 per unit.

Particle Accelerator

The Pylon focus' the energy into one particle beam, which carries a single powerful bolt. The Particle Accelerator is a larger version of the particle whip, capable of engaging targets at very long ranges and responding to any threat, whether it be ground targets or incoming aircraft.

Range 12-120", Strength 9, AP 3, Type; Ordnance 1/Blast, AA mount, Titan Killer.

Any model under the hole in the center of the template is hit with an AP1 attack. It is an Ordnance weapon and counts as an AA mount. Such are the weapons vast energies that it causes 1D3 Structure Points of damage per hit.

Ferrus Manus

WS:7 BS:6 S:5 T:5 W:4 I:6 A:5 Ld:10 Sv:2+ (4+)

Weapons: Artificer armour, Forgebreaker, Silver Hands,

Forgebreaker: Is a Legendary Thunderhammer that ignores Invulnerable Saves and rolls 2d6 for Armor Penetration.

Silver Hands or the Worm: Counts as 2 Dreadnought Close Combat Weapons

Special Rules:

Primarch: Ferrus Manus is one of the Emperor's Sons and as such benifits from the Primarch Special Rule.

Feats of Strength: Ferrus Manus did not become a great leader on the planet he was found on like the other Primarchs. Instead he was a vagabond, neutral in all of the local clan affairs and sought out physical tests to improve himself. Ferrus Manus benifits from a 4+ Invulnerable Save.

Overwhelming Rage: When Fulgrim attempted to turn him to Chaos, Ferrus Manus was enraged. It was in this great anger that he ignored the counsel of Vulkan and Corax and rushed into the massacre on Istavaan. At the beginning of each turn, Ferrus Manus must make a Leadership test. Should he fail, he and any unit he is attached to must move towards the nearest enemy unit. If an enemy unit is within 6" of Ferrus Manus he must Charge them during the Assault Phase.

Purge the Weak: Ferrus Manus was known to be a Primarch of unparalled duty. He lead his Legion into the heart of battle and crushed the enemies of the Imperium, whom he saw as weak. As long as he is alive, Ferrus Manus, and any squad of Iron Hands Space Marines in his army, hit enemy models with a Leadership value of 8 or less on a 3+ in close combat.

You may have wanted to let this thread die.

Why? A quick browse of the stuff he's written proves it to be interesting. I can't really comment on it, as I'm unfamiliar with the Necrons' new codex, but those more learned than I can probably make more apt criticisms thereof. Besides, this thread's resurrection (We'll be back?) is practically inevitable - when the second half of the Dornian Heresy is released, people are going to be suddenly interested in it again.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's my contribution- The Thousand Sons.

SPECIAL RULES

Brotherhood Of Pskers

A unit with this special rule are pskers. A Thousand sons unit may use one Psycic power per turn, unless otherwise stated.

-A unit using a Psycic shooting attack must nominate one member of the squad before using the Psycic power. This is the model 'casting' it, so this model may not shoot normally, but the rest of the squad may. If a perils of the warp is rolled, the casting model is automatically the sufferer.

-A Thousand Sons unit uses the leadership of it's Seargent (if he is alive) or the unit ( if he is dead, or the unit has used a Psycic shooting attack). A Thousand Sons unit can never use the leadership of an independent charecter for Psycic tests.

-If the Thousand Sons unit suffers a Perils of the Warp from a non-shooting Psycic power, or any attack that specifically targets Psykers, it it resolved against the Seargent ( if he is alive) or the squad if he is dead.

Cult Master

A model with this special rule knows all the powers of his cult.

Psychic Matery Levels

This is shown in brackets after the Psker special rule. For each Mastery Level a model has, he can use one power per turn. If the mastery level is not shown, assume the unit has Matsery Level 1

Cult Dicipline

Every unit in the Thousand Sons Army belongs to one of the cults if the Legion. When selecting Psycic powers for units, choose which cult they belong to. Each cult has access to different powers. Note that Thousand Sons Techmarines and

Apothecaries automatically belong to the Pavoni Cult( the apothecary is Pavoni, even if the Command Squad chooses a

different cult- the apothecary casts his Psycic powers seperately, and suffers perils of the warp separately.

The Cults

RAPTORA

Smite, Force Dome( see codex- space Marines), Kinetic Strike( the user(s) have +1 S and Rending), Telekenesis ( shooting attack using the following profile- Range: 12" S6 AP-6 type- Blast

CORVIDAE

Quickening, Gate of Infinity, Might of the Ancients ( independent characters only)(See C:SM) Forewarning-( used in enemy shooting phase) One unit within 24" of the caster may immediately go to ground, and will receive +2 to their cover save instead of +1

PAVONI

Machine Curse, Vortex of Doom,(see C:SM ) Fortitude- A single unit within 24" gains the Feel no Pain USR until the end of the next player turn, Blood Boil(see C:BA)

ATHENALEAN

Null Zone( see C:SM) Shakle Soul( see C:BA ) Obscuration- see C:GK, Mental Lash- a Psycic shooting attack with the

following profile; Range: 48" S7 AP 5 Type: Assault d6

PYRAE

The Avenger( see C:SM ), Flame Wall ( use the rules for Sanctury from C:GK), Flaming Fists- 1 unit within 24" has +d6 S until the end of the next player turn, Burning Pheonix- a Psycic shooting attack with the following profile- R:32" S7 AP1 type: Assault 1 Melta

Special Charecters

Magnus the Red

Ptra Xersus, The Primarch's Regent

Captain Kapresh

Venerable Amon

Leitenant Kor'baa

MAGNUS THE RED, PRIMARCH OF THE 15th LEGION...........410

WS BS S T W I A LD Sv

Magnus 7 5 5 5 4 6 5 10 2+ (4+)

Type- Infantry

Composition 1(unique)

Special Rules- Master Sorcerer, Fearless, Aethersight, Eternal Warrior Indepenent Character

Master Sorcerer- Magnus is the greatest psyker in the galaxy. He has the Psyker( mastery level 6) special rule, and knows all the Psycic powers of the Thousand Sons Cults

Aethersight- Magnus is blind, and uses the warp to see, affording him greater sight than his sons. Magnus may target any unit in range with his Psykic shooting attacks.

Wargear- Primarch Armour, The Red Staff, The Book of Magnus

Primarch Armour- These Mastercrafted peices of plate give Magnus a 2+ save and a 4++ save

The Red Staff- this is a Mastercrafted Force weapon, which ignores invulnerable saves

The Book of Magnus- This arcane grimorine is filled with incantations of power. It allows the bearer to pass Psycic tests automatically.

PTRA XERSUS, THE PRIMARCHS REGENT....205

WS BS S T W I A LD Sv

Ptra 6 5. 4 4. 3 4 3 10 3+

Type- Infantry

Composition-1( unique)

Special Rules- And They Shall Know no Fear, Psyker (Mastery level 3), Cult Master (Athenalean), The Regent, Orbital Bombardment, Charismatic, Independent Charecter

The Regent- Xersus can select a unit of Scarab Occult Honour Guard. if Magnus has not also been selected, Ptra is equipped with the book of Magnus.

Charismatic- any friendly unit may use his leadership for Morale and Pinning tests.

Wargear- Artificer Armour, Frag & Krak Grenades, Force Weapon, plasma pistol, Psykic Hood

SORCERER-CAPTAIN KAPRESH.....185

WS BS S T W I A LD Sv

Kapresh 6 5 4 4 3 4 3 10 3+

Special Rules- And They Shall Know No Fear, Cult Master (pyrae), Psyker(mastery level 2), You. Will. Burn., Wrapped in Flames, Independent Charecter

You. Will. Burn.- Kapresh is the most powerful Pyromancer in the legion. His mastery of the Flame is matched only by his

fury and zeal. He may re-roll all failed to hit and to wound rolls in close combat.

Wrapped in Flames- All enemy models in base contact automatically suffer a S4 hit at the beginning of each close combat Phase.

Wargear- Power armour, Frag& Krak Grenades, Force Weapon,Boltgun, Psykic Hood

VENERABLE BROTHER AMON........200 points

WS BS S Front Side Rear

Amon 6 6 6 12 12 11

Type- Vehicle (walker)

Composition- 1(unique)

Special Rules- Venerable, Psycic Pilot (mastery level 2)

Psychic pilot- Amon can use psychic powers, and he counts as LD10 for the purpouse of psychic tests. A perils of the warp attack automatically results in a Glancing hit.

Wargear- Force Weapon, Plasma Cannon

LUITENANT KOR'BAA.....100 points

WS BS S T W I A LD Sv

Kor'baa 5. 5. 4 4. 2 4 2 10 3+

Unit Type- Infantry

Unit composition- 1(unique)

Special Rules- And They shall know no fear, Psyker (mastery level 3), Raptora), independent character, A Warrior, Not a Leader

A Warrior, not a Leader- Kor'baa has served the Legion for several centuries, but has no ambition to advance in command. Only Tactical, Devastator, and Assault squads may use his leadership for morale and pinning tests

Wargear- Power Armour, Frag& Krak grenades, Force weapon

SORCERER- CAPTAIN......150 points

WS BS S T W I A LD Sv

Sorcerer-Captain 6 5 4 4 3 4 3 10 3+

Unit Type- Infantry

Unit Composition- 1(unique)

Special Rules- And They Shall Know No Fear, Psyker(mastery level 3), Independent Charecter, Cult Mast

Wargear- Power Armour, iron Halo, Frag & Krak grenades), Force Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Psykic Hood

Options-Replace Bolt pistol with:

Boltgun.........free

Storm Bolter......3 pnts

A combi-flamer, -melta or -plasma.............15pnts

Replace Power Armour, Frag& Krak Grenades and bolt pistol with Terminator armour and:

No additional weapon................25pnts

A storm Bolter .........................30pnts

A combi melta, flamer or plasma...35 pnts

A storm shield..........................35 pnts

If Terminator Armour isn't chosen, may have one of the following:

Jump pack- .............................25 pnts

Space Marine Bike....................35pnts

Command Squad- As per C:SM but add the Psyker( mastery level 2) rule. In addition, replace the company champion option with the Fellowship Champion option Below;

One Veteran may be upgraded to the Fellowship Champion, with a Force Weapon and Combat Sheild...............20pnts

SCARAB OCCULT HONOUR GUARD..........165 pnts

WS BS S T W I A LD Sv

Legion Champion 5 4 4 4 1 4 3 10 2+

Honour Guard 4 4 4 4. 1 4 2 9 2+

Unit Type- Infantry

Unit Composition- 1 Legion Champion, 2 Honour Guard

Special Rules-And They Shall Know No Fear, Psyker(Mastery Level 2)

Wargear- Terminator Armour, Force Weapon, Storm Bolter

Options:

Include up to 7 additional Honour Guard- ..........55 points per model

One model may carry the Chapter Banner..........25pnts

Chaplain- As per C:SM, but add the Psyker(mastery level 2) special rule

ELITES

LEGION VETERAN SQUAD ..............100 pnts

WS BS S T W I A LD Sv

Veteran Sgnt 4 4 4 4 1 4 2 9 3+

Veteran. 4 4 4 4 1 4 2 8 3+

Unit Type- Infantry

Unit Composition-1 Veteran Sergeant, 4 Veterans

Special Rules- And they Shall Know No Fear, Psyker.

Wargear-Power Armour, Frag& Krak Grenades, Bolt Pistol, Bolter

Options:

The whole squad may take Special issue Ammunition for 5pnts per model

The squad may include up to 5 extra Veterans for 20pnts per model

The whole squad may take Jump packs for 10 points per model

The Sergeant may replace his bolt pistol and/or boltgun with any of the following:

Force Weapon....................20pnts

Relic Blade.........................20pnts

Any model may replace their boltpistol and/or Bolter with any of the following

Chainsword.............................free

Power Weapon/Lightning claw...15pnts

Plasma Pistol......................15pnts

Combi-flamer, -melta or -plasma...5pnts

Stormbolter........................5pnts

Thunder Hammer................30pnts

Heavy Flamer/heavy Bolter...10pnts

Lascannon/Plasmacannon.....20pnts

Misslle Launcher...................10pnts

SCARAB OCCULT TERMINATORS.........200pnts

WS BS S T W I A LD Sv

Terminator Sgnt. 4 4 4 4 1 4 2 9 2+

Terminator 4 4 4 4 1 4 2 8 2+

Unit type- infantry

Unit Composition-1 Terminator Sergeant, 4 Terminators

Special Rules- Psyker(Mastery level2)

Wargear-Terminator Armour, Storm Bolter, Force Weapon

Options:

Include up to 5 additional Terminators-40 pnts per model

For every 5 squad members, one model may take one of the following upgrades;

Replace Storm Bolter with Heavy Flamer...........5pnts

Replace Storm Bolter with Assault Cannon..........30pnts

Take Cyclone Missile Launcher...........................30pnts

Dreadnought/Venerable Dreadnought/Ironclad Dreadnought-As per C:SM

Techmarine- as per C:SM but add the following special rule-Psyker

TROOPS

Tactical Squad- As per C:SM but add the following Special Rule-Psyker

Hidden Ones Squad- Use the rules for scouts but add the following special rule-Psyker

IMPERIAL ARMY SQUAD

WS BS S T W I A LD Sv

Sergeant. 3 3 3 3 1 3 2 7. 5+

Guardsman 3 3 3 3 1 3 1 6. 5+

Unit Type- Infantry

Unit Composition- 1 Sergeant, 9 Guardsmen

Special Rules-None

Wargear- Flak Armour, Laspistol, Lasgun( guardsmen) Chainsword (Sergeant)

Options:

Include up to 20 additional Guardsmen........5 pnts per model

For every 10 models in the squad, one guardsman may replace his Lasgun with:

Flamer or grenade launcher..........................5 pnts

Plasma Gun................................................10pnts

Meltagun....................................................5pnts

FAST ATTACK

Assault Squad- As in C:SM, but use the additional special rule- Psyker

Landspeeder Squadron/Landspeeder Storm- As in C:SM

Bike Squad/Attack Bike Squad/ Scout Bike Squad As in C:SM, but use the following special rule- Psyker

HEAVY SUPPORT

Devastator Squad/ thunderfire Cannon- As In C:SM, use the Psyker special Rule

Predator/Vindicator/Whirlwind/ Land Raider ( all variants)- As in C:SM

Angron battle Tanks(leman Russ Squadron)- As in C:IG

Sorry for the wall of text. This is my work on DH Thousand Sons. More to come, if this goes down well!

The only really difficult ones so far are going to be Ultramarines, Thousand Sons, and Iron Hands, because then you have to derive point values for Marines using entirely different kinds of weapons and armor. powers, and at different frequencies. Most of the chapters can be done "Counts As" because they are really nothing more than the equivalents of existing armies. I mean, what about the World Eaters doesn't fit exactly into Codex: Space Marines, for example?

Well, no, when you think about it. The ultras can easily be represented (for the most part) by CSM as they follow the codex. As for TS and IH, as you can see, they weren't for legaleaglesurfer and myself, and if I can do it, anyone can :)

Archived