Space Wolves sub-forum painting challenge - December 1, 2010

CainTheHunter

Russ has blessed me with the chance to regain my tarnished honor. And so my brothers,I make this Vow. By the new year,I will have finished the first set of Grey Hunters I vowed to do,and will have another 10 Grey Hunter squad finished. I will also have my Wolf Lord on Thunderwolf Modeled and Painted.

If I fail in this,My beard will be shorn and remain so for the period of Time proscribed by the nearest Wolf Priest.

Well seeing as I asked about it.

My Vow - By the 1 December I vow to complete the start of my Space Wolf Army so will have painted a Rune Priest and 2 Packs of 10 Grey Hunters (HQ + 2 Troops), 21 models in all.

Will have pack markings & bases but not Great Company markings - still not sure which Company to go with or even if I'll do my own.

I'll try to make a list of all of You this evening :)

I also spotted some issues in Your vows, so expect to hear from me ;)

1. Lord Andreas - this is painting, not conversion challenge. So if You intend to paint Your fen-wolves, I'll put them on the list. If not - we'll stick to Harald, hunters, long fangs and wulfens.

2. Requiem - the deadline is Dec 1, not New Year. You good with that?

I'll try to make a list of all of You this evening :P

I also spotted some issues in Your vows, so expect to hear from me :D

1. Lord Andreas - this is painting, not conversion challenge. So if You intend to paint Your fen-wolves, I'll put them on the list. If not - we'll stick to Harald, hunters, long fangs and wulfens.

2. Requiem - the deadline is Dec 1, not New Year. You good with that?

My bad. My brain went faster than the fingers and "paint" got left behind. The wolves will be painted for the vow. But first they require little fluffy tails.

My vow for December 1st.

Dreadnought missile launcher and lascannons finished.

Final Long Fan finished.

Land Raider Crusader/Redeemer finished.

The Long Fang and the missile launcher are easy enough as both are already mostly done.

The Dreadnought lascannons still need some sculpting work as I am putting wolf heads on the gun barrels and may be adding a chainsword blade as a close combat attachment.

Finishing the Land Raider will be the real challenge. All the pieces are magnetized and the sponsons, multi-melta, and assault cannon are painted. I've just started working on the interior.

If I find myself with extra time, I'll start work on my next group of 5 Grey Hunters.

Is it too late to throw my hat in? ..

well too bad for me, I will be painting a new WGBL (I did a little green stuff work and a head swap on an old dark angels hero) and a Drednaught( this one I am not too sure about either the Ven-Dred or the Balck reach one ..I will eddit this one when the time comes, ...hell the Ven dred it is!

Seems I am a bit of a jackass I didn't even read the rules before I posted. I thought that the 31st was the painting dead line.

Stupid me. I will be adding a skyclaw pack5 models and 2 more Wolf Guard Terminators as well, these 2 flush out a pac all armed with combie plasmas and either power fists or wolf claws.

the good news id most of it is assembled.

I'm neck deep in a exrtremly time-consuming project (warhammer, as well as university related, aha!) but ok I'll vow a mini-vow.

I Swear that:

I'll complete my Nonmetal-metal Wolf Guard model (Juan Diaz' one ) before that. Oh yeah.

.. Had a thought. How do you guys feel about WIP videos? I you tube a little.. The wont be tutorials or anything but should show my WIP as it happens sage by stage. I am having issues with an SD card reader so my first pic's ..well lets just say my lappy thinks the card is empty. and the other card wont work in the other digi cam.. I know we have alot of time but once I get started I have a hard time not painting. I could be done in the next few days... is that bad?

Heck I may change my entrys..after I get my bikers..

Some days it's like bipolar collecting.

.. Had a thought. How do you guys feel about WIP videos? I you tube a little.. The wont be tutorials or anything but should show my WIP as it happens sage by stage. I am having issues with an SD card reader so my first pic's ..well lets just say my lappy thinks the card is empty. and the other card wont work in the other digi cam.. I know we have alot of time but once I get started I have a hard time not painting. I could be done in the next few days... is that bad?

Heck I may change my entrys..after I get my bikers..

Some days it's like bipolar collecting.

It's ok, but from my experience with YT videos is - You need to have a really good camera AND know exactly what You are going to do and how You are going to present it. Otherwise, it's just another wasted 15 minutes of a random guy doing some talking behind blurry camera. John from Beasts of War is just more than good, as well as Jawaballs and Fritz, but my guess is they also make some money with that what they do.

Since I've gathered bits and magnetized some arms, I'll jump in here with a vow of two packs of swiftclaw bikers and their accompanying wolfguard pack leader. It will be 10 models in all, 2 wgpl, 2 attack bikes and 6 bikers.

Archived