++ BT Arena of Death ++

Easy on the chilly-con-Khorne, brother :)

Khorne? Where?! :lol:

Maybe Russy should have paid some attention to Guilliman after all :P

That he should have. Use Dorn and your Primogenitors, the Imperial Fists, (who are second only to the authors in following not only the letter of the Codex, but also the spirit in which that holy tome is meant to be interpreted) as examples which every Marine should aspire to follow. [/ultramarine]

I wish both Marshal Vichiers and Marshal Wilhelm the best in their duel, and in the duels that will follow against the rest of the forum champions. (unless they are fighting the Ultramarine Champion, in which case they will learn the meaning of tactics ;) ) Bring the Emperor's light to the galaxy, and never rest while His foes live!

Oi, the girlie that calls herself Wilhelm, enjoy your wins while you can.

When you face a true opponent, a SPACE WOLF, the only lesson you will learn is humilty, the only thing you shall feel is my boot upon your backside!

celebrate now, for you will fall to the Sons of Russ.

WLK

The fear fro this mangy hound is clear to see for all. As normal the Space Dog talks of fairy stories while quivering in a corner.

Yes, and this is further evidence Brother that the Wolves of Fenris are clinically insane

Nothing wrong with that, so long as they're pointed the right direction, i.e. "See those guys over there on Prospero? They cast spells and sprinkled evil pixie dust on your kibble, that's why your belly hurts! Now sick 'em!"

On a related note, be sure to hide the draino you used to spike their kibble while they're away. Even dogs can eventually put 2 and 2 together...sometimes.

icon4.gif Round 3, Final: Marshal Vichiers vs Marshal Wilhelm icon4.gif

Ten heroes had entered this tournament. Slowly but surely the numbers had dwindled until just two remained. It had all come down to this.

As they entered the arena, a ring of brothers closed around them: the High Marshal and his adjutants, the eliminated representatives, the attending Apothecaries and Techmarines, and the servitors who had been refitted to dispense popcorn and refreshments under the guidance of Helbrecht.

Marshal Wilhelm barely stopped chattering between battles and had cultivated a nice froth at the edges of his mouth. He put on his helmet and proceeded with his ritual “dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge” warm up routine which was constricted to sidewards steps due to his ridiculously large suit. In stark contrast Marshal Vichiers was much more reserved. He chose his words carefully and spent his time focussing his mind and honing his senses.

The warriors stood ready and the audience begun to chant the
. The battle to decide the Champion of the Black Templars was underway.

Both swiftly launched forward exchanging fire across the ring but neither was able to find a weakness. The outcome of this battle would be decided by close combat prowess alone and claw met sword as the battle entered its next phase. They were very evenly matched, ferocious on the attack and resolute in defence – as all of the Black Templar representatives had shown.

The intense hand to hand fighting was interrupted temporarily by Wolf Lord Kieran who barged through the outer spectators determined to cause as much disruption as possible. Ever vigilant in the defence of his chapter, Vichiers quickly formulated a plan. He held out a Holy Orb and the Wolf appeared to be instantly mesmerised. Pulling the pin and repeating the words of Brother Maynard, he lobbed it through the hole in the floor left by his plasma pistol. Without thinking Kieran gave chase and found himself wedged in the floor. Vichiers was cheered and further giggling ensued when the screams of unfortunate Neophytes echoed from the chamber below.

As he felt a hand on his shoulder, he knew that the victory was only minor. Wilhelm had turned the strange series of events to his advantage and now stood toe-to-toe with his opponent. The Terminator suit strained as he lifted Vichiers above his head, spinning him around and hurling the helpless marine to the ground before finishing him with a devastating elbow drop.

Marshal Wilhelm got to his feet and was hailed by the brethren as the new Champion of the Chapter. High Marshal Helbrecht personally congratulated the victor and informed him of the wonderful prizes including a lifetime supply of ablative Neophytes and a 5% discount at the armoury. The runner-up did not go empty handed either and Vichiers would leave with a master-crafted home version of the game.

As Wilhelm accepted the keys to a new Thunderhawk from Marshal Recard, Brother Loring punched in the co-ordinates of the Legio B&C headquarters where the next set of challenges awaited...

- - - - -

Victory to Marshal Wilhelm.

So yeah that's it. All hail the rapid-firing plasma gun! :)

Hope you all had as much fun as I did writing it.

*grabs popcorn from servo-server, starts chanting, and cranks up Artificer Armor's built-in sound system* Ahh, nothing like watching a good duel between Templars to get ready for your own duel.

*chuckles at the fate of the poor wolf, turns to Templar seated next to me* Now see, that's what happens when you charge into a fight without thinking first.

Congratulations to Marshal Wilhelm.

Champion Wilhelm: You just won the Black Templars Sub-forum Arena of Death! What are you going to do next?

(note: that last bit is a pretty American reference, you might not get it)

Drat! Blasted Space Dog! If he hadn't distracted me it would have been a different story. Convenient that he showed up when he did.... Makes me wonder... Wilhelm you shouldn't pay off the Wolves to distract your opponents, it isn't sporting! :D ;)

Argh.. alright Jasper give me my paddling of pennance :D

Oh well, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em right? **sits down next to Khornehunter** Pass me some of that popcorn KH! :D

ALL HAIL WILHELM, CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!!

Oh well, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em right? **sits down next to Khornehunter** Pass me some of that popcorn KH! :D

Hey! I don't want any of your bad luck rubbing off on me, as I still have a chance at winning my sub-forum! ;) ;)

*passes Vichiers some popcorn, and an ornate crystal goblet*

Here, have some popcorn, and a fine Macraggian wine to go with it. :P

Master Jasper powers up the crozius paddle-um of which he was so fond, his glowing eyes glaring down Marshal Vichiers before the black gauntleted hand reaches out and snatches up Hadafix by the belt, pulling the ever vocal Tempalr over his knee and raining down a flurry of disciplinary gludius maximus whoopings as he growls between cracks of steel on armor* This-will teach-you-to-spell-your taunts-properly!

The young marine is tossed aside with a resounding thud as the Chaplain turns to the Chaplain, levering his paddle-um at the dancing victor with a simple utterance: Next time, you!

Hehe congrats to our champion, may he paddle many others into their proper places.

icon4.gif Round 3, Final: Marshal Vichiers vs Marshal Wilhelm icon4.gif

The intense hand to hand fighting was interrupted temporarily by Wolf Lord Kieran who barged through the outer spectators determined to cause as much disruption as possible. Ever vigilant in the defence of his chapter, Vichiers quickly formulated a plan. He held out a Holy Orb and the Wolf appeared to be instantly mesmerised. Pulling the pin and repeating the words of Brother Maynard, he lobbed it through the hole in the floor left by his plasma pistol. Without thinking Kieran gave chase and found himself wedged in the floor. Vichiers was cheered and further giggling ensued when the screams of unfortunate Neophytes echoed from the chamber below.

As he felt a hand on his shoulder, he knew that the victory was only minor. Wilhelm had turned the strange series of events to his advantage and now stood toe-to-toe with his opponent. The Terminator suit strained as he lifted Vichiers above his head, spinning him around and hurling the helpless marine to the ground before finishing him with a devastating elbow drop.

Marshal Wilhelm got to his feet and was hailed by the brethren as the new Champion of the Chapter. High Marshal Helbrecht personally congratulated the victor and informed him of the wonderful prizes including a lifetime supply of ablative Neophytes and a 5% discount at the armoury. The runner-up did not go empty handed either and Vichiers would leave with a master-crafted home version of the game.

As Wilhelm accepted the keys to a new Thunderhawk from Marshal Recard, Brother Loring punched in the co-ordinates of the Legio B&C headquarters where the next set of challenges awaited...

Victory to Marshal Wilhelm.

So yeah that's it. All hail the rapid-firing plasma gun! :P

Hope you all had as much fun as I did writing it.

All hail the rapid-firing plasma gun!

I was actually quite nervous this morning ;)

I came in on the top of pg2 so I would read the results before the rest, and then again on pg3.

Both relieved and exultant, I flapped my arms around so much I thought I might take off!

Thank you for the battle, Marshal Vichiers. Commiserations too. I know by me getting carried away with my arms it meant a lot to me, and would mean a lot to you too.

Very funny Panzer. A+

I can't believe that blasted Kieran made it into the arena, and at least Monty Python got him out of our hair.

Who can withstand a Terminator elbow drop, I ask you? I hope to use that many times versus the Champions of the Lesser Chapters.

Those Neos will get a work out ~ perhaps some of them will start surviving if I field them in great enough numbers....

*grabs popcorn from servo-server, starts chanting, and cranks up Artificer Armor's built-in sound system* Ahh, nothing like watching a good duel between Templars to get ready for your own duel.

*chuckles at the fate of the poor wolf, turns to Templar seated next to me* Now see, that's what happens when you charge into a fight without thinking first.

Congratulations to Marshal Wilhelm.

Champion Wilhelm: You just won the Black Templars Sub-forum Arena of Death! What are you going to do next?

(note: that last bit is a pretty American reference, you might not get it)

KhorneHunter57x, I see you meditated on the way of the Water Warrior and took the path of least resistance, by fighting against the Ultramarines.

Well someone's got to scythe the wheat :P

Wilhelm: Excuse me. I can't believe this has happened. I can't. And I just wanna say thanks to Vichiers for fighting me. Vichiers. I wanna thank Grimaldus, for training me.

Fan from the Arena: We love ya, Wil!

Wilhelm: Yea, I love yous too. I just also wanna thank God. Except for my Marshalship bein' born, this is the greatest night in the history of my life. I just wanna say one thing to my sparring servitors who's home: YO, SPARRING SERVITORS! I DID IT!

Sparring Servitors: [crying in happiness] 0111001010110! [i love you. I love you.]

so Wilhelm needed my help to win??

I KNEW IT!

and yea, i am wondering where the heck our combats in the Fang are...i might start raising some ruckus there for answers.

WLK

Gah! Vichiers threw you the Orb to save you getting beat down by me before you even faced another Wolf!

Drat! Blasted Space Dog! If he hadn't distracted me it would have been a different story. Convenient that he showed up when he did.... Makes me wonder... Wilhelm you shouldn't pay off the Wolves to distract your opponents, it isn't sporting!

Argh.. alright Jasper give me my paddling of pennance :D

Oh well, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em right? **sits down next to Khornehunter** Pass me some of that popcorn KH! :lol:

ALL HAIL WILHELM, CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!!

I gave him food once, and he keeps following me around. Sorry, I thought I had lost him.... ;) When I rescued him from the full back wax gone wrong on Baal, well, I think he imprinted on me. He thinks I'm his mumma :lol:

CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE! BY THE POWER OF GREYAT SKULL, WHITE!!!

*Get up and flexes, grabs hold of Firepower and presses his holy Plasma bolter to his head* "Try that again Brother Chaplain, and this Reclusiarch you will guarantee you more then just a little plasma burn." (by the way, the spell check passed it fine)

"Some one say that they are off on a Crusade? This place is going to the dogs so +1 for doing some real fighting"

@Marshal Wilhelm: Imprinted on you, dont flatter yourself...i've already tagged a few bolter babes at the Fang!

My presence here is my way of repaying you for visiting my brothers and I so often...with the same manners.

@Brother Hadafix: If those vet snips can pierce my power armor (or ego) then have at it...otherwise i'll beat you worse than Wilhem did!

and, for decency: HAIL, WILHELM, CHAMPION OF TEMPLARS!

WLK

I had no idea you thought of me that way, WLK, that sounds very Slanesh like. (call over Recluciam Command Squad) Think we got a tainted one here, lads! Ready the bath of Emperor blessed water, if it puts up a fight then we know its a traitor for sure.

Listen here junior, I am one of the First Founding, not some cast offs like you lot! Show some respect.

Or at the very least, show me the way to the bar!

WLK

@Marshal Wilhelm: Imprinted on you, dont flatter yourself...i've already tagged a few bolter babes at the Fang!

My presence here is my way of repaying you for visiting my brothers and I so often...with the same manners.

I wasn't talking about holding your hand in a romatic way, I was talking about helping you to cross the road :P ;)

and, for decency: HAIL, WILHELM, CHAMPION OF TEMPLARS!

WLK

You know it ;)

Listen here junior, I am one of the First Founding, not some cast offs like you lot! Show some respect.

Or at the very least, show me the way to the bar!

WLK

cast offs? bloomin cheek! There is not such thing as a 1st Founding Chapter, only 1st Founding Legions.

You are no more of the Space Wolf Legion as the Wolf Brothers.... were.... :eek

Just as we are not less Imperial Fists Legion than the Crimson Fists Chapter or the Imperial Fists Chapter.

*points to bar* I'll be having a sesh in the Pain Glove first :D

I knew that book was good for something. But I am a bit shocked that it was a Space Wolf who used it as a coaster. I didn't even think you pups knew about coasters.

Also congratulations Wilhelm. The hard parts over. Go thump the non-Templars.

I knew that book was good for something. But I am a bit shocked that it was a Space Wolf who used it as a coaster. I didn't even think you pups knew about coasters.

I try and be a good guest when in other homes...

and i was originally going to use it for toilet paper, but my PA takes care of that problem.

WLK

and i was originally going to use it for toilet paper, but my PA takes care of that problem.

WLK

If that fails, be sure not to drag your arse along our carpet.

WLK

Pushes aside some BT initiates and sits next to WLK.

Is there some drink left somewhere here, or just holy water?

Where is one wolf, there's soon the whole pack of us.

Pushes aside some BT initiates and sits next to WLK.

Is there some drink left somewhere here, or just holy water?

Where is one wolf, there's soon the whole pack of us.

Oh blast, now the servitors will have to straighten up those armour stands that Cain jostled ^_^

:)

Archived