Are we going to do another Ultra Meet?

waaanial00

Hi all,

I know that I am largely responsible for ruining the chances of the last one however just wondering if there are any plans on people meeting up for a small or large bash?

There is a long standing independant gaming hall in the South of England (Triple Helix) which sounds like a decent venue (certainly a couple of my friends have been there a few times) and I know that they dont charge too much.

Its been far too long since I saw any of you in the flesh, the UM were good times and Im getting rather nostalgic in my old days.

So is there any interest or are they dead and I will have to strong arm individuals with challenges they cant refuse?

Wan

(Forgotten but not gone)

EDIT: Next meet will be 22/23rd January at Triple Helix in Westbury

At present I have as semi agreed the following

Waaanial00

GratCrusade08

Alloyslayer

AJB2K3

+2 Muppets (Adam and Carl)

Tenative I also have

Renik

Storm Bringer

If numbers are light I can get a few "muppets" together or ask the centre if they have any willing challengers ^_^

I'm a bit hazy about a few issues ( forgetfullness is a pain)

1, What time does this start?

2, How much does it cost?

3, Whats the points cost?

4, Who's name do I yell to get in?

Good question and ones I will put on the front page as well as here.

1- If you aim to get there by about 10 ish that should be fine. I will likely be there a little earlier, however the centre doesnt open until then. Place shuts at 6 on both Saturday and Sunday but I suspect some of the people who travelled far will want to get off earlier than that. I personally might be leaving early on Saturday as I might be going to the ladies Christmas ball (dont ask)

2 - Tables cost £4 per day, therefore I will ask no more than £4 for the entire weekend of gaming from people.

3 - Regular points cost have settled on 1750, however I know others will be bringing a backup 1500 point list. Its best to plan for both just in case.

4 - You should yell for Dan, alternatively if you ask someone from the centre to show you towards the "Muppet" tables you should find us. Despite me saying that it had nothing to do with my club they still booked it under "Sad Muppets" or "Muppets" for short. There was a bunch of pictures of us from a previous event that I will try and find a link for. I presume GC will be wearing the Ultra sign with pride :lol:

Look back here for a link to photos.

I'm a definite if it is in the new year (just in case you guys are crazy enough to do one between now and Christmas!).

Its been far too long since I saw any of you in the flesh, the UM were good times and Im getting rather nostalgic in my old days.

Seconded!

I had some real good games last time, though think I might drink slightly less and chat less so I can get more than 3 games in! :P

Hey guys,

I'm up for meeting you all again... Hell it's been along time since I even posted! But I think an upcoming meet is what I need to reinspire me into painting some stuff up!

Where would you be thinking of meeting and how many points are we talking?

If there's one before September will you accept a Raven Guard player into your midst? Off to uni (hopefully) after that

always.. hopefully will do this just before or after xmas.. we have the traditional yearly big meet around june at GWHQ which ill organise in the new year

OK gents so how about we talk dates?

I have a bit of a packed December and November is not really that free so what say you all to a nice crisp January meet? The likely location is probably going to be Triple Helix in Wesbury Wiltshire, find them on the webz or in that facebook thingy. I dont mind giving them a call and booking some tables nearer the time, it will be a price to hire them but it isnt that much from the last time I contacted them so dont worry its not going to be £50 or anything.

Wan

(But I dont like lime so I can I be a limey?)

2 days is always good, but I suppose it goes down to cost eh?

If it's January, can we make it mid to late please? The new year and all...

Given that from a week to week perspective my January is looking like

New Year > Birthday > Holiday > Broke > Payday

I would be suggesting something in the region of 22nd/23rd.

Sounds sensible?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What's that? Talk of another UM meet? Then I have a reason to post again!

I confess that Fantasy has lured me away of late, but I was just upstairs sorting out some stuff and got to looking at the boys in blue and got to thinking "I should really jump back onto B&C boards to get up to date with the shooty side of the hobby."

As ever, please count me in. I'm gutted that I missed Call of Kthulu, especially as it was on my doorstep. ;)

22nd & 23rd of Jan sounds great for me. It's the week before my birthday this time, so no risk of a clash this year. :huh: I'll be at WHFB Throne of Skulls in Notts the week before, so it'll be a fortnight of gaming goodness!

OK, now to get myself back into the action...

Hmm...I just had a great idea that would let me participate all the way from the Midwest here.

First though, you guys need to plan an Apocalypse game with Ultras vs the world.

Until then, the secret is safe with me...

Hmm...I just had a great idea that would let me participate all the way from the Midwest here.

First though, you guys need to plan an Apocalypse game with Ultras vs the world.

Until then, the secret is safe with me...

cryptic much ;)

theres always the ultra meet in june, GWHQ have long rows of tables for big games.

edit> maybe the B&C can run a worldwide event :D

Hi all,

Strangely enough I was just posting on here for the first time in ages..

I will start to make some calls and get some facts straight.

Shouldnt be a load of pennies to secure at least 4 - 6 gaming tables for both days. It will definitely be great to see you guys again and new faces if people are so inclined to join in the madness.

Cadarn you sly dog, cheating on 40K as well I see. I too have been throwing some fantasy shapes across the gaming table. You interested in playing a fantasy game on the day?

By the way I have no idea what is around the area, I shall have to speak to a few friends who I know have been

More details to follow.

Cadarn you sly dog, cheating on 40K as well I see. I too have been throwing some fantasy shapes across the gaming table. You interested in playing a fantasy game on the day?

Ooh, I reckon I could be tempted. The boys in blue can share carry-case space with the evil, sadistic dino-riders. ^_^

Hi all,

Ok so small progress has been made. I have made initial contact with the preferred host Triple Helix asking to book 6 tables over the 2 days.

I will be hopefully getting cost (if its reasonable I might cover it all) and confirmation details soon. I will be back when I know more.

As an apetiser to those who are interested the details can be found Here

From speaking to friends it is a decent gaming hall with shopping and cafe etc on site. They are on facebook if people are so inclined to use it and the people there are very nice (well they were about 6 months ago when I first called them) and I believe run a GCN club there so there should be plenty of gaming opportunities if you dont just want to play within the group.

As for nightlife I am afraid that I will be officially ruling myself out of potential drinking craziness (sorry Idaho) as I will be travelling home for the evening, though I am not above grabbing some food if there is something close.

Still if anyone wants to know any specifics give me a PM or post it here. I will generally check here every 3 days or so

@Cadarn - your on. I will hopefully have my shambling horde of the undead a little more painted by then so your crazy Elf ladies will have something to sacrifice to Khane

EDIT: Approx 1.4 mile walk from the train station. Seems to be a 2 mile (ish) journey to the centre of Westbury, though I dont know whats there.

Archived