Are we going to do another Ultra Meet?

waaanial00

Isn't Travelodge the one where you take someone to get your leg over? :sweat:

:lol:

This made me laugh, you have obviously never been to one ;) Far too much noise from Stag and Hen parties to get any serious nookie, I prefer the Hilton for that, much better surroundings and makes the experience all the better.

Sadly, no.. My only experience of hotels is Premier Inn and an independant :P

Isn't Travelodge the one where you take someone to get your leg over? :sweat:

This made me laugh, you have obviously never been to one ;) Far too much noise from Stag and Hen parties to get any serious nookie, I prefer the Hilton for that, much better surroundings and makes the experience all the better.

you guys are funny.. noisy is good, that way no-one can hear you apologise :P

Isn't Travelodge the one where you take someone to get your leg over? <_<

This made me laugh, you have obviously never been to one :) Far too much noise from Stag and Hen parties to get any serious nookie, I prefer the Hilton for that, much better surroundings and makes the experience all the better.

you guys are funny.. noisy is good, that way no-one can hear you apologise :P

Apologise? "I'm sorry madam, I arrived too soon... Now excuse me whilst I call your cab..."

Hi all,

Just to completely confirm that all is well for this event, we are in their diary and paying on the day.

I will check round my club and see if a few specially picked people can make up the numbers but we are still open to people signing up. We can have 6 games kicking off at the same time throught both days so we shouldnt be lacking for table space.

I'm a bit hazy about a few issues ( forgetfullness is a pain)

1, What time does this start?

2, How much does it cost?

3, Whats the points cost?

4, Who's name do I yell to get in?

Good question and ones I will put on the front page as well as here.

1- If you aim to get there by about 10 ish that should be fine. I will likely be there a little earlier, however the centre doesnt open until then. Place shuts at 6 on both Saturday and Sunday but I suspect some of the people who travelled far will want to get off earlier than that. I personally might be leaving early on Saturday as I might be going to the ladies Christmas ball (dont ask)

2 - Tables cost £4 per day, therefore I will ask no more than £4 for the entire weekend of gaming from people.

3 - Regular points cost have settled on 1750, however I know others will be bringing a backup 1500 point list. Its best to plan for both just in case.

4 - You should yell for Dan, alternatively if you ask someone from the centre to show you towards the "Muppet" tables you should find us. Despite me saying that it had nothing to do with my club they still booked it under "Sad Muppets" or "Muppets" for short. There was a bunch of pictures of us from a previous event that I will try and find a link for. I presume GC will be wearing the Ultra sign with pride :cuss

Look back here for a link to photos.

I had changed my mind and was going to attend this. Alas, having to go to South Africa for 2 months has scuttled that plan.

I hope that we have another Ultrameet before June as that will likely be when I leave the country for good and it would be a shame not to see all you guys again.

Plus it gives everyone another shot to crack my Deathwing. No changes to it from Kuthulu (in fact that was the last time I played 40k) Looking forward to GC08 beating me finally B)

Thantoes, I can't believe you're gona leave us! Will you be able to vist in the future? (obviously not just for 40k, as that would excessive!)

I know, i cant believe hes leaving.. in terms of gaming buddies hes been one of the greatest challenges of my gaming career.. in terms of mates, ill be very sad to see him go ^_^

@ AJB2K3; wouldn't worry about it, we are pretty laid back. Even me.

agreed, probably best not to play me first though, all those little rules and nuances may confuse you somewhat.. ill play you on the sunday once your more settled in :P

@ AJB2K3; wouldn't worry about it, we are pretty laid back. Even me.

agreed, probably best not to play me first though, all those little rules and nuances may confuse you somewhat.. ill play you on the sunday once your more settled in :)

I'll make sure im there before 10am ready for more then 1 game then :pinch:

err were do I park?

Busy month this month, got an allday warmachine club game on the 16th for 6 of my clubs members, and a 2000pts warhammer game on the friday 7th and 6pm !

You do realise there's a KOW tournament on the 22nd so are we all meeting on the 23rd?

Thantoes, I can't believe you're gona leave us! Will you be able to vist in the future? (obviously not just for 40k, as that would excessive!)

Woe and alas. My visa will be expiring and my wife and I have decided to move back to her home in the states to be around family. Recent events have shown us just how precious time with them can be.

Of course once I am there and settled any and all Ultra members will always be welcome. As to when I will visit....Who knows? Likely not for some time though.

Good things is that I have a whole new set of Ultraplayers to meet and test my mettle with. TEC and Seahawk I am looking at you :P

Ok thats it we need to all wear black arm bands on the Saturday to truly mark the passing of a champion, it is a great shame to hear that you are leaving these shores Thantoes and I do hope that I will at least be able to say goodbye.

In terms of parking I believe they have parking facilities on site, if you take a look at the following map you should see a few car parking spaces click me scroll down to the bottom and you should see directions and a map. I can find out alternative parking arrangements if required.

I will play you first AJB2K3, I am fairly laid back (unless playing combat patrol apparently) and I have been playing Fantasy for the majority of last year so I will be fairly rusty myself. Dont worry though, its hardly a gung ho tournament and the only times we will be mega to the death is when we are playing grudge matches between some of the regular attendees.

Dont worry about the KOS tournament, I have spoken to the owner and he isnt expecting it to max out the centre so have 6 tables booked regardless for both Sat and Sunday. People are free to challenge standers by if they want, its all about gaming for fun after all (just hope we dont have anyone like that Ork player from Cambridge!!! FAQ's on standby :P )

Idaho - It is a pleasure to pass on the experience of Typhoons, I will have to see if you can beat me this time! I presume you still need me to pick you up? Is your mate coming as well?

Archived